basitirfan

Admistrative Processing

14 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Today my wife had the interview for IR-1/CR-1 visa at Montreal Consulate. I went along with her and we were first to be called for interview. She asked how we met, what I do and where she intends to live. During this time, she returned all the original civil documents and took the medical. After this, she went away and came back with the letter stating that Administrative Processing needed and will call for passport. She did not say that it was denied but told us that more processing is required and will contact my wife and then have her mail the passport to the consulate.

My query is that we have our reception planned in July 15th in New York. We have invested a lot of money and while this was mentioned to the Officer she said that my wife would not have problem crossing border but I do have other plans where we would not be returning back to US or Canada before end of September. What time frame should I expect to get a response back?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Did they say why administrative processing is required? Is your wife originally from another country that has a high fraud rate? Or were her parents? I have read that sometimes that is what causes administrative processing. I know one girl was waiting in administrative processing for a couple months. I am not sure what the longest time frame is though. Fingers crossed it all works out for you!

Today my wife had the interview for IR-1/CR-1 visa at Montreal Consulate. I went along with her and we were first to be called for interview. She asked how we met, what I do and where she intends to live. During this time, she returned all the original civil documents and took the medical. After this, she went away and came back with the letter stating that Administrative Processing needed and will call for passport. She did not say that it was denied but told us that more processing is required and will contact my wife and then have her mail the passport to the consulate.

My query is that we have our reception planned in July 15th in New York. We have invested a lot of money and while this was mentioned to the Officer she said that my wife would not have problem crossing border but I do have other plans where we would not be returning back to US or Canada before end of September. What time frame should I expect to get a response back?

Aos:

10-01-12. Sent AOS, AP and EAD

10-09-12- Recieved NOA's for forms

10-24-12- Successfully walked in for biometrics (originally scheduled for 11-08-12)

11-26-12- Made info pass appointment for emergency advance parole. Denied, but agent called service center to request an expedite.

11-28-12- Agent at Infopass called me to let me know service center approved my request.

12-01-12- Advance parole received in the mail (2 page version, not combo card)

Timeline

Did they say why administrative processing is required? Is your wife originally from another country that has a high fraud rate? Or were her parents? I have read that sometimes that is what causes administrative processing. I know one girl was waiting in administrative processing for a couple months. I am not sure what the longest time frame is though. Fingers crossed it all works out for you!

well she was born in Pakistan. So i guess that might be the reason why they need further processing.

the reason she was put into ap is because she was born in pakistan, no question.

hopefully - she will clear the background checks quickly.

unfortunately - ap isn't given often from montreal - so there probably won't be very many people in a similar situation able to come forward with their wait times.

Timeline

Hello, my husband was placed into AP on Dec 2, and we received word it was over on Feb 7. Our best guess is that although he was born in Canada, his parent emigrated from Egypt. Best of luck to you.

USC attempting to obtain GC for Canadian husband

event.png

Apr 11, 2011: I-130 filed
Jul 11, 2011: I-130 approved
Aug 18, 2011: NVC process begins
Oct 6, 2011: NVC process completed
Nov 4, 2011: Interview date assigned
Dec 2, 2011: Interview at Consulate (Result: AP - No reason given on 221g)
Feb 7, 2012: Passport requested by Consulate
(...Husband needed passport for personal reasons during this time...)
Apr 9, 2012: Passport mailed to Consulate
Apr 25, 2012: Visa issued
May 1, 2012: Visa in hand
May 31, 2012: POE at Montreal's Trudeau Airport
Early July: Physical Green Card received in mail. Yes, it's green!

March 13, 2014: ROC filed (went to VSC)

March 17, 2014: NOA

April 22, 2014: Biometrics appointment

December 9, 2014: Case inquiry initiated

December 11, 2014: Response: "The processing of your case has been delayed. A check of our records establishes that your case is not yet ready for decision, as the required security checks remain pending."

March 14, 2014: Received NOA that approval had been given on March 10; expect new GC within 60 days.

Timeline

I should have also added: my husband had no problem crossing to visit over Christmas.

USC attempting to obtain GC for Canadian husband

event.png

Apr 11, 2011: I-130 filed
Jul 11, 2011: I-130 approved
Aug 18, 2011: NVC process begins
Oct 6, 2011: NVC process completed
Nov 4, 2011: Interview date assigned
Dec 2, 2011: Interview at Consulate (Result: AP - No reason given on 221g)
Feb 7, 2012: Passport requested by Consulate
(...Husband needed passport for personal reasons during this time...)
Apr 9, 2012: Passport mailed to Consulate
Apr 25, 2012: Visa issued
May 1, 2012: Visa in hand
May 31, 2012: POE at Montreal's Trudeau Airport
Early July: Physical Green Card received in mail. Yes, it's green!

March 13, 2014: ROC filed (went to VSC)

March 17, 2014: NOA

April 22, 2014: Biometrics appointment

December 9, 2014: Case inquiry initiated

December 11, 2014: Response: "The processing of your case has been delayed. A check of our records establishes that your case is not yet ready for decision, as the required security checks remain pending."

March 14, 2014: Received NOA that approval had been given on March 10; expect new GC within 60 days.

Timeline

My wife is also Pakistani and a Canadian Permanent Resident. I have been under the impression that she will probably be placed in AP too. I also had a reception in July that I have now rescheduled for December. I hope it will be swift inshaAllah. Please keep us posted with the progress. I hope it will be soon. There was also this other person who also went through this http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/341790-administrative-processing/

Just curious, were you also present at teh interview?

USCIS

07/24/2011 Got married in Toronto

09/12/2011 Filed I-130

09/13/2011 NOA1

09/16/2011 Touched

03/23/2012 NOA2 (192 days from NOA1 date)

NVC

05/08/12: NVC Case Number, IIN, BID Received

05/08/12: Filled DS261 Online

05/08/12: Sent Optin Email for Electronic Processing

05/08/12: AOS Fee Paid

Timeline

My wife is also Pakistani and a Canadian Permanent Resident. I have been under the impression that she will probably be placed in AP too. I also had a reception in July that I have now rescheduled for December. I hope it will be swift inshaAllah. Please keep us posted with the progress. I hope it will be soon. There was also this other person who also went through this http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/341790-administrative-processing/

Yes I was at interview. Lady took the medical, gave the civil documents back and said to wait for letter so passport can be sent back for visa

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

AP can take a few months to a year. There is no set time and they decide how long they need / want to take. AP is required for people from Pakistan.

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Your I-129f was approved in 5 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 67 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS was approved in 2 months and 8 days without interview.

ROC was approved in 3 months and 2 days without interview.

I am a Citizen of the United States of America. 04/16/13

Timeline

Yes I was at interview. Lady took the medical, gave the civil documents back and said to wait for letter so passport can be sent back for visa

Timeline

Unfortunately, there is no time frame for AP. It takes however long they need. It is unwise to make any definitive plans before your wife has her visa in hand.

US citizen since April 2016

ROC completed April 2014

AOS from K1 completed February 2012

Timeline

I understand that if it was a male than they would require more time but since it is an AP for a female, would that be in my favour as to the time frame of this process being completed? Im sure it is because she was born in Pakistan but being a female that could help her out?

Timeline

I understand that if it was a male than they would require more time but since it is an AP for a female, would that be in my favour as to the time frame of this process being completed? Im sure it is because she was born in Pakistan but being a female that could help her out?

No, AP takes as long as it takes them - they have sole discretion as to how long to take.

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Your I-129f was approved in 5 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 67 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS was approved in 2 months and 8 days without interview.

ROC was approved in 3 months and 2 days without interview.

I am a Citizen of the United States of America. 04/16/13

Timeline

when should i start emailing the consulate and contacting DOS to find out whats happening and how frequent should this contact be? Btw, I was interviewed by the nice black lady with dreadlocks, have heard on this forum that she is very nice. She was nice to us so maybe that could help. She also stated that she will keep in mind that we have july reception date when the case comes back to her.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.