Nich-Nick

London 2012- K1s from NOA2 to interview thread

2,468 posts in this topic

Back again.

On the London US Embassy website it says:

You are required to obtain the original documents or certified copies, and one photocopy (with the exception of your passport and photographs) for yourself and each family member applying for a visa.

Does that mean I do not need to take along my fiance (the petitioner's) original documents? It's just that I'm not absolutely certain that I have my fiance's original divorce document. I may only have a copy of it. I can't be certain as I am in the US and my file is in the UK! My fiance doesn't have the original.

The documents needed are for you, the one getting a visa. If you have children getting visas then they need documents too. The only thing from the USC at this point is the I-134 and 2 proofs of income. You take photocopies of the documents you want back so they can file those and hand back your originals. You'll need them again. There's a lot more to come, even though the interview feels like the end.

People will say take all the petition things and USC's documents just in case. They seriously don't want them. The visa interview is all about you and your documentation. He proved he was a citizen in the petition packet.

On a side note-- My husband is now a US citizen and nobody from immigration ever saw my (petitioner's) original birth certificate, prior husband's death certificate, or our current marriage certificate. They said to bring it to the citizenship interview, his only interview except London, but then weren't bothered to ask to see anything. Go figure? That was easy.

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I just got this message when I typed my case number in here

LND2013XXXX 01 LND Ready LND2013 XXXX02 LND Ready LND2013XXXX 03 LND Ready LND2013XXXX 04 LND Ready

Does this mean London has my documents and will be sending out my packet 3 letter?

event.png

07.22.2011 Met the other half of my soul for first time In the US
06.08.2012 Got engaged
08.01.2012 I-129F submitted
08.07.2012 NOA1 received
04.18.2013 RFE email & Txt

04.24.2013 RFE email & Txt again!

04.28.2013 RFE hard copy rec'vd

05.03.2013 RFE response mailed to CSC

05.06.2013 RFE response received at CSC

05.09.2013 NOA2 text!!!!!!

05.13.2013 NOA2 Hard Copy received YAY!!!!

07.24.2013 Date of Packet 4

07.26.2013 Received packet 4

08.30.2013 Interview at London Embassy

APPROVED!!!!! YAY YAY YAY!!!!!

Timeline

Yes, that's right. Our ready date was 20 May and we received the letter on 22 May.

Ok thank you :) Hopefully I will get the mail next week.

event.png

07.22.2011 Met the other half of my soul for first time In the US
06.08.2012 Got engaged
08.01.2012 I-129F submitted
08.07.2012 NOA1 received
04.18.2013 RFE email & Txt

04.24.2013 RFE email & Txt again!

04.28.2013 RFE hard copy rec'vd

05.03.2013 RFE response mailed to CSC

05.06.2013 RFE response received at CSC

05.09.2013 NOA2 text!!!!!!

05.13.2013 NOA2 Hard Copy received YAY!!!!

07.24.2013 Date of Packet 4

07.26.2013 Received packet 4

08.30.2013 Interview at London Embassy

APPROVED!!!!! YAY YAY YAY!!!!!

Timeline

Perhaps this belongs in the Knightsbridge forum I'm not sure. Either way I would like some input. When I went to the medical I was asked if I had any history with drugs, I said no because I've never had any legal incident where I had been involved with drugs. But on the train ride home I remembered an incident when I was 17, a "Friend" spiked my drink with Ecstacy. Long story short I passed out and woke up in Hospital with nurses and doctors checking my vitals. No Police were involved, didn't even see one. Should I be stressing over this having an effect on the Visa?

Thanks

Should I be stressing over this having an effect on the Visa?

Thanks

Nope. Who knows about it at Knightsbridge, or the embassy? How would they find out?

England.gifENGLAND ---

10-05-08 Married

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

No RFEs

Timeline

Nope. Who knows about it at Knightsbridge, or the embassy? How would they find out?

When so much is on the line I do nothing but over analyse the situation, this being a perfect example.

Thanks for the reassurance Nich-Nick. good.gif

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Scotland
Timeline

Having read through many things here and on the London Embassy site, I'm still slightly confused about what order I'm supposed to do things in..

On the embassy website it says 'Step two: send all forms with date of medical exam'

And then it says step three: 'Schedule medical exam'

wacko.png Is it just me or does that not make much sense? Should I schedule the medical exam before I send the forms to them, or afterwards?

Having read through many things here and on the London Embassy site, I'm still slightly confused about what order I'm supposed to do things in..

On the embassy website it says 'Step two: send all forms with date of medical exam'

And then it says step three: 'Schedule medical exam'

wacko.png Is it just me or does that not make much sense? Should I schedule the medical exam before I send the forms to them, or afterwards?

It is confusing.

Let's distinguish between scheduling a medical and attending. You can schedule (call for an appt) when you know your LND number, but plan it so you don't attend the medical before London has sent out your letter and you have your police certificate in hand. So depending on how you have prepared in advance kinda dictates if you can call and make an appt for tomorrow or maybe plan it for a couple of weeks away.

What I interpret London's preferred order is --

1) Send the four DS application forms as soon as you know London has logged your file. You may know by getting the letter, or calling DOS, or using that online status check to find out a little earlier than the letter takes to arrive.

2) start gathering your documents including I-134 from fiance and police certificate. If you were proactive, then you ordered it before your NOA2. And schedule your medical appointment so you have a date to tell the embassy.

3) send the form DS-2001 Readiness for Interview to let them know you have all your documents and a medical arranged. They want with that form a cover letter saying email, date of medical, and date of wedding.

Some people have done everything in advance and send the DS-2001 along with their four application forms. That's fine too. So basically the order can shift around a bit.

I was probably as confusing as the embassy website. :)

England.gifENGLAND ---

10-05-08 Married

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

No RFEs

I know that you've said Nich-Nick that London are not interested in seeing loads of Skype logs, e-mails and stuff. However, do they need evidence that the relationship is ongoing? It's not mentioned on the US London website in the documents required by the Embassy. We have done updated Letters of Intent - is that sufficient or should I be bringing more stuff? I can't print off our e-mails because we have been calling each other 'husband; and 'wife' for over a year!

I know that you've said Nich-Nick that London are not interested in seeing loads of Skype logs, e-mails and stuff. However, do they need evidence that the relationship is ongoing? It's not mentioned on the US London website in the documents required by the Embassy. We have done updated Letters of Intent - is that sufficient or should I be bringing more stuff? I can't print off our e-mails because we have been calling each other 'husband; and 'wife' for over a year!

It would be extremely, super rare for them to look at any evidence, chats, photos. I can think of one and that was not a fiancé and had some other issues. London does not seem to care if your relationship is ongoing, other than talking to you about your fiancé.

The letters of intent:

From USC- only if the petition has expired and you didn't get around to applying for the visa. If you are still within your four months, you shouldn't need one.

From the UK fiancé- Read the bottom part of the DS-156K that is signed in front of the officer. Start reading in the box that says DO NOT WRITE BELOW THIS LINE. Third paragraph makes a separate letter redundant http://www.state.gov/documents/organization/82063.pdf

Take anything that makes you feel more prepared but I think you are going to come out with the same reaction others post--

"That's it?? What was I so worried over?"

"It was anti-climatic"

"Almost a letdown because it was so easy"

Remember, they are not trying to catch you out. They need to see your documents, know you will be financially supported, and ask a few chatty questions about you and the fiancé.

England.gifENGLAND ---

10-05-08 Married

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

No RFEs

Timeline

Soooooo... the 156k says it needs evidence attached (like Birth Cert, marriage cert.. evidence of engagement etc) and everyone on here says don't send it but take it to the interview???

Which is it?? And when are they gonna re-write these forms in plain english LOL

Soooooo... the 156k says it needs evidence attached (like Birth Cert, marriage cert.. evidence of engagement etc) and everyone on here says don't send it but take it to the interview???

Which is it?? And when are they gonna re-write these forms in plain english LOL

The 'packet 3' letter supercedes this form as the letter says:

'Under no circumstances send any documents to the office until you are specifically requested to do so.'

Unfortunately, there was someone at the medical yesterday that thought that meant he shouldn't send his forms in!

I agree. The forms and everything involved with this process would not win a 'Plain English' campaign award.

If you call 1-800-908-9946 (the transcript line) , there is an automated system for ordering transcripts. You'll have to enter your Social Security number and the numbers of your street address. It will generate an automated request to mail your transcripts. You can also order online on the IRS website http://www.irs.gov/individuals/article/0,,id=232168,00.html

Hi, thanks for all the info. How long does it take for the IRS to process a request for transcripts?

Hi, thanks for all the info. How long does it take for the IRS to process a request for transcripts?

My recent experience has been about 7 days i.e. time between requesting and the USC receiving it.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.