moonhealer

AOS FEE for hubby and kids

14 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Dear Vj memnbers, NVC states on its website

"You must pay the Affidavit of Support fee for each case unless you are a U.S. citizen with petitions for your spouse and/or child(ren) concurrently".

Has anybody had any experience with it i.e filed for kids and spouse concurrently and just paid one AOS fee for all.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Dear Vj memnbers, NVC states on its website

"You must pay the Affidavit of Support fee for each case unless you are a U.S. citizen with petitions for your spouse and/or child(ren) concurrently".

Has anybody had any experience with it i.e filed for kids and spouse concurrently and just paid one AOS fee for all.

If you are a US citizen you only pay one AOS fee. Just print their document cover sheet. Enter their NVC and IIN in the payment portal and then print the cover sheet for each case

Yep, you will only pay one fee but you will submit a separate AOS packet for each beneficiary.

My husband filed for me as IR-1 and IR-2 for our son. Im happy to know that he only needs to pay AOS once. But how are we goin to do that in the payment portal? My husband already paid for the AOS and IV fee for my case as my case number was given way ahead. My son were just given for his NVC case number today.

Are they not going to send AOS bill to my husband? Or will I need to inform NVC about that my husband filed 2 separate petitions concurrently? Please shed some light. Thanks!

Edited by Wishfull

IR-1

----------

USCIS Stage: (164 days)

Jul 05, 2011 - NOA-1

Dec 16, 2011 - NOA-2

NVC Stage: (46 days)

Dec 19, 2011 - NVC Received

Jan 10, 2012 - Case Number & IIN assigned

Jan 11, 2012 - Emailed DS-3032

Jan 12, 2012 - AOS invoice received

Jan 13, 2012 - AOS paid (Only appeared as PAID on 1.17.2012)

Jan 14, 2012 - DS-3032 accepted

Jan 17, 2012 - IV invoice received & paid

Jan 22, 2012 - Mailed AOS & IV packages to NVC

Jan 30, 2012 - RFE/Checklist for I-864

Feb 01, 2012 - Mailed the IRS tax transcripts to NVC

Feb 03, 2012 - Case complete!!!

Thank you, Lord.

US Embassy, Manila:

Feb 11, 2012 - Email received for Interview Date

Feb 21, 2012 - Medical

Mar 06, 2012 - Interview Date (Approved but 221g pending NBI with AKA)

Mar 14, 2012 - Sent a new NBI with AKA to US Embassy via 2Go

Mar 26, 2012 - Issued VISA :)Thank you Lord!

Mar 30, 2012 - Visa Received!!! You are the best LORD!

Timeline

My husband filed for me as IR-1 and IR-2 for our son. Im happy to know that he only needs to pay AOS once. But how are we goin to do that in the payment portal? My husband already paid for the AOS and IV fee for my case as my case number was given way ahead. My son were just given for his NVC case number today.

Are they not going to send AOS bill to my husband? Or will I need to inform NVC about that my husband filed 2 separate petitions concurrently? Please shed some light. Thanks!

Once you get to the payment portal. Cue in you son NVC number and IIN ,It will tell you that the petitioner already has an AOS FEE paid on a Rrelated case and therefore you dont need to pay anymore.Just click and print the AOS cover sheet for your son thereafter.Thats how i did mine for my wife and daughter

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

USCitizen Spouse will need to call into NVC and ask for the casefiles to be joined up, married together, with a NVC Human. I've not studied yer timeline, so I've no clue where you are @ NVC.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Once you get to the payment portal. Cue in you son NVC number and IIN ,It will tell you that the petitioner already has an AOS FEE paid on a Rrelated case and therefore you dont need to pay anymore.Just click and print the AOS cover sheet for your son thereafter.Thats how i did mine for my wife and daughter

Thanks for the quick reply, Ayomide. Okay, I will do as you said. Thanks!

IR-1

----------

Jul 05, 2011 - NOA-1

Dec 16, 2011 - NOA-2

Thank you, Lord.

US Embassy, Manila:

Feb 21, 2012 - Medical

USCitizen Spouse will need to call into NVC and ask for the casefiles to be joined up, married together, with a NVC Human. I've not studied yer timeline, so I've no clue where you are @ NVC.

I am done with the AOS & IV fee already. My husband is about to send the package for my case this weekend.

As for my son's case, we just received his case number and IIN today. So his NVC process was slightly delayed for a few days as compared to mine. My husband is still on the stage of sending DS-3032 for my son's case. And in a few days time, Im sure he will be receiving an email for AOS bill invoice for my son.

So I will just let my husband call NVC human to ask for our cases to be joined up. Thanks for the advice!

I am done with the AOS & IV fee already. My husband is about to send the package for my case this weekend.

As for my son's case, we just received his case number and IIN today. So his NVC process was slightly delayed for a few days as compared to mine. My husband is still on the stage of sending DS-3032 for my son's case. And in a few days time, Im sure he will be receiving an email for AOS bill invoice for my son.

So I will just let my husband call NVC human to ask for our cases to be joined up. Thanks for the advice!

IR-1

----------

Jul 05, 2011 - NOA-1

Dec 16, 2011 - NOA-2

Thank you, Lord.

US Embassy, Manila:

Feb 21, 2012 - Medical

Timeline

I did not call any NVC human to join anything...I just called and was given my daughters nvc number and iin numbers.I am the petitioner and choice of agent for both application and also a US Citizen

Timeline

Suggest your husband delay one week whilst the casefiles are joined up. Further suggest he be pro-active for joining up the casefiles at NVC. (Phone calls [several] plus wait a week) Final Result? Two casefiles joined together, have same interview day. Less hassle at the IV unit, less hassle on you for travelling.

Did we converse earlier, here at VJ, about how to handle an expedite for a child when the mother's casefile is already submitted/approved?? [is ok if that wasn't you]

Edited by Darnell

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Suggest your husband delay one week whilst the casefiles are joined up. Further suggest he be pro-active for joining up the casefiles at NVC. (Phone calls [several] plus wait a week) Final Result? Two casefiles joined together, have same interview day. Less hassle at the IV unit, less hassle on you for travelling.

Did we converse earlier, here at VJ, about how to handle an expedite for a child when the mother's casefile is already submitted/approved?? [is ok if that wasn't you]

Hi Darnell,

No it wasn't me. Though we have conversed in the other topics NVC January filers thread.

My husband called NVC earlier as he is billed for my son's AOS today. So he spoke to a NVC human but then he was instructed to send an email to request for the two cases to be joined together.

IR-1

----------

Jul 05, 2011 - NOA-1

Dec 16, 2011 - NOA-2

Thank you, Lord.

US Embassy, Manila:

Feb 21, 2012 - Medical

Timeline

cool - there's some movement! wait a bit, have him send that email request NOW, then in a bit, the casefiles will be joined up, married together.

Good Luck !

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.