hoy123

K1 visa soon to be 18

88 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

but that is for if they are marrying in the Philippines right??

thank you :)

Not necessarily, as they still have to get permission from the Philippines to leave the country. If she is a minor, that would be difficult.

Edited by ☼

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

Not necessarily, as they still have to get permission from the Philippines to leave the country. If she is a minor, that would be difficult.

ok i get ya now :)

I-129F SENT............................................08/15/2011

NOA1 TEXT/EMAIL...................................08/22/2011

NOA2 TEXT/EMAIL. NO RFE.....................01/05/2012

NVC RECEIVED......................................01/21/2012

NVC LEFT...............................................01/24/2012

PACKET 3 RECEIVED..............................02/01/2012

PACKET 3 RETURNED.............................02/04/2012

MEDICAL................................................02/17/2012

DS-2001 MAILED.....................................02/23/2012

PACKET 4 RECEIVED..............................03/02/2012

INTERVIEW............................................03/14/2012 APPROVED

POE ATLANTA.........................................04/03/2012

AOS approved 3/29/13 after almost 10 months of waiting. No RFE's and no interview.

Instructions I-129f 5C. They are available at this site or at http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/i-129finstr.pdf

You do not need a lawyer. You need to provide proof at the time of filing that you meet the requirements to get married in the state you intend to be married and if any prior consent is needed it must be obtained before filing.

Enjoy

Ummm...is there a reason that you're directing your post to me? We have no disagreement. I read and understood the I-129F instructions before I posted.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

but that is for if they are marrying in the Philippines right??

No. Philippine law applies to any PI citizen anywhere in the world as regards marriage. For example a PI citizen cannot get divorced anywhere in the world, they MUSt get an annulment. The US respects this law even though our laws would never require this.

BOTH parties MUSt be eligible to marry under ALL APPLICABLE laws at the time of the peition filing. This means she MUST have whatever consent is needed from anyone before the petition is filed.

The US makes no judgements regarding foreign laws nor does it make any judgements specifically on age.

Ummm...is there a reason that you're directing your post to me? We have no disagreement. I read and understood the I-129F instructions before I posted.

Alrighty then. :blush:

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

No. Philippine law applies to any PI citizen anywhere in the world as regards marriage. For example a PI citizen cannot get divorced anywhere in the world, they MUSt get an annulment. The US respects this law even though our laws would never require this.

BOTH parties MUSt be eligible to marry under ALL APPLICABLE laws at the time of the peition filing. This means she MUST have whatever consent is needed from anyone before the petition is filed.

The US makes no judgements regarding foreign laws nor does it make any judgements specifically on age.

ok thanks :)

I-129F SENT............................................08/15/2011

NOA1 TEXT/EMAIL...................................08/22/2011

NOA2 TEXT/EMAIL. NO RFE.....................01/05/2012

NVC RECEIVED......................................01/21/2012

NVC LEFT...............................................01/24/2012

PACKET 3 RECEIVED..............................02/01/2012

PACKET 3 RETURNED.............................02/04/2012

MEDICAL................................................02/17/2012

DS-2001 MAILED.....................................02/23/2012

PACKET 4 RECEIVED..............................03/02/2012

INTERVIEW............................................03/14/2012 APPROVED

POE ATLANTA.........................................04/03/2012

AOS approved 3/29/13 after almost 10 months of waiting. No RFE's and no interview.

Mostly true. A divorce outside the Philippines would not prohibit a Filipino from marrying, as long as they are not the party that initiated the divorce proceeding.

Timeline

Where is YOUR COMMON SENSE.? Show me a Link that Supports the OP's Filing before Adult Age and YOU DON'T EVEN KNOW THE COUNTRY or Jack

There is no reference to age in the I-129f instructions. None at all. Only a reference to being eligible to marry.

Gary And Alla

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

There is no reference to age in the I-129f instructions. None at all. Only a reference to being eligible to marry.

It will show on the 325-A Form for the Minor. ? Makes you think?

TIM/MAV K1-JOURNEY
3/27/2007....We first met on myspace
1/30/10 ......My Honey proposed
8/15/10 ......He visit Philippines(2wks) & met my family
12/17/10 ....USCIS received the Filed I-129F for K1-visa
12/21/10 ....Received hard copy,NOA1
5/25/11.......Received RFE
6/09/11.......NOA2 approved
12/07/11.....Visa fee paid at BPI

6/11/13.......2nd visa fee payment
7/10-11/13.. Medical Exam completed@St.Lukes Clinic
1/15-16/14.. 2nd Medical exam updated
1/21/14...... k1 interview-Visa Approved
8/29/14...... Submitted AOS application
10/03/14.....Biometrics
01/07/15.....Received my EAD card

01/31/15..... I got my SSN from the mail

04/20/15......AOS Interview - Approved :star:

4/24/15 .......Got the Driving Permit Card

4/30/15 .......Green Card Received :) (Exp.4/20/17)

http://youtu.be/BVf45EcdFwQ

Timeline

The requirement for the petition is that both the petitioner & beneficiary must be free to marry WHEN THE PETITION IS FILED.

You need to wait until she's of legal age.

No specific legal age, you need required consents (if any) before filing.

Makes me think what?

Gary And Alla

USCIS does not regulate marriges neither does the federal government only the states regulate marriage....

where is the USCIS constitution? i would like to see the amendments concerning marriage

the USCIS does not regulate marriages, but they do set requirements for filing a petition. when filing the petition you both must be free to marry.

in the Philippines the age of consent is 18.

http://travel.state.gov/law/citizenship/citizenship_757.html

it's best to wait till she's 18 to file the I-129f.

US Embassy Manila website. bringing your spouse/fiancee to USA

http://manila.usembassy.gov/wwwh3204.html

I'm not aware of any K-1ers under 18 years old who got a CFO sticker. I'd guess that's because the minimum marriage age in the Philippines is 18. However, the OP's fiancée will be over 18 by the time she has her Embassy interview and completes the CFO seminar.

Mostly true. A divorce outside the Philippines would not prohibit a Filipino from marrying, as long as they are not the party that initiated the divorce proceeding.

A Filipino living in the U.S. can initiate a divorce in the U.S. and still get remarried outside of the Philippines. The annulment process and the recognition of a foreign divorce only comes into play if the Filipino is living in the Philippines and is being petitioned for a fiancée visa or a spousal visa...or wants to marry a fellow Filipino in the Philippines.

Edited by Tahoma

Makes me think what?

:lol: I was wondering the same thing.

Thanks, do you know what would be deemed an acceptable notarization?,,, could the letter be notarized in the phillipnes?

Thanks, do you know what would be deemed an acceptable notarization?,,, could the letter be notarized in the phillipnes?

Yup...it can be notarized in the Philippines.

The Affidavit of Parental Consent has to be prepared by a lawyer licensed to practice law in the Philippines, and the signatures of both parents duly notarized thereon.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.