vinotinto

SPUTUM CULTURE TEST for possible tuberculosis ANY INSIGHT?

9 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

HELLO MY BELOVED VJers...HOW YOU ALL DOING...I HAVE A REALLY VERY SERIOUS QUESTION TO ASK AND I PRAY I GET ANSWERS FROM U GUYS MY FAMILY HERE..

I WENT TO KAMORAS HOSPITAL IN LAGOS FOR MY MEDICALS AND THE DOCTOR SAID EVERY OTHER TEST IS NEGATIVE BUT..I HAVE TO GO FOR THE SPUTUM ACID TEST..ITS A TEST FOR POSSIBLE TUBERCULOSIS INFECTION..I ONLY HAVE CHEST PAIN..BUT NOT ANY TUBERCULOSIS SYMPTOMS LIKE COUGHING AND such as a chronic cough, weight loss, fever, chills, and weakness, that may be due to TB or another mycobacterial infection

MY QUESTION IS

1. IS IT AN ILLEGIBILITY IF FOUND TO BE TUBERCULOSIS...AND WHAT IS THE SOLUTION?

2.. THE DOCTOR SAID MY MEDICAL RESULT WILL BE OUT IN 6WEEKS SO I WONT BE ABLE TO HAVE MY MEDICALS FOR THE INTERVIEW....WHAT IS THE IMPLICATION?

WILL I STILL BE INTERVIEWED BY THE CO...AND ASKED TO COME WHEN MY MEDICALS IS READY OR WON'T BE ATTENDED TO UNTIL MY MEDICALS IS COMPLETED..COS THE DOC SAID I SHOULD JUST TELL THEM MY MEDICALS IS YET TO BE READY..

3. I KNOW I WONT GET A FINAL DECISION UNTIL MY MEDICALS IS FINALLY OUT...BUT I WANT TO KNOW WHAT ANYBODY WHO HAVE HAD THIS KIND SITUATION WENT THRU..

IM LOOKING FORWARD TO HEARING FROM U GUYS..MUCH LOVE

if it's the same rule that applies here in the Philippines, then after they will get a sample of your sputum they will culture it for 8 weeks to see if the TB bacteria are really present in your lungs. If you are positive after the 8 weeks, then you will have to undergo at least 6 months of TB treatment. You will not be interviewed unless you are cleared with your medical exam.

Edited by LarryandChristine

"In dreams and in love there are no impossibilities."

*USCIS*

02/15/2010-Met online

03/15/2010-Met in person & got engaged

03/30/2010-Wedding day!woohoo!

11/09/2010-I-130 package sent

11/17/2010-NOA 1 received

04/19/2011-NOA 2 received

*NVC*

05/04/2011-NVC case # assigned

05/26/2011-IV & AOS fee paid

07/26/2011-AOS & IV package sent to NVC

09/14/2011-Received interview date from NVC

*ST.LUKE'S*

09/19/2011-Medical exam -First day

09/20/2011-2nd day-Bad news-told to have the Sputum Test

10/3-5/2011-Sputum Test for 3 days!!!

12/06/2011-Sputum Smears-all negative!Thanks God!

*US EMBASSY*

12/12/2011-Interview date-VISA approved!

12/24/2011-Visa on hand

12/28/2011-Arrived in the USA,POE Detroit

Timeline

woooow..THIS IS FUNNY..SUMTHING U LEAST EXPECTED....BUT I KNOW ILL BE NEGATIVE AT THE END..COS I DONT HAVE ANY OF THE TB SYMPTOMS..IS JUST DAT..THIS IS KINDA GOING TO DELAY MY APPROVAL OR FINAL INTERVIEW I GUESS

Timeline

Update your timeline pls.I intend to go for my medicals soon.

How was it at komarass,though i vent decided which to use btw the 2 centers

Service Center : Vermont Service Center
Consulate : Nigeria
I-129F Sent : 2011-06-08
I-129F NOA1 : 2011-06-17
I-129F RFE(s) : No RFE
RFE Reply(s) : No RFE
I-129F NOA2 : 2011-09-27
Interview: 2nd Week of January

Immigrant Visa rescheduled for second week of February 2012

Visa Refused on Immigration Purpose February 2013

We Got Married and Filed Spouse Visa

dancin5hr.gif Visa Approved in May 2013dancin5hr.gif

POE was Easy in June 2013

USA Citizen July 2016

Who cares to know how long My Visajourney was???

SSN Arrives on 07/01/2013

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

HELLO MY BELOVED VJers...HOW YOU ALL DOING...I HAVE A REALLY VERY SERIOUS QUESTION TO ASK AND I PRAY I GET ANSWERS FROM U GUYS MY FAMILY HERE..

I WENT TO KAMORAS HOSPITAL IN LAGOS FOR MY MEDICALS AND THE DOCTOR SAID EVERY OTHER TEST IS NEGATIVE BUT..I HAVE TO GO FOR THE SPUTUM ACID TEST..ITS A TEST FOR POSSIBLE TUBERCULOSIS INFECTION..I ONLY HAVE CHEST PAIN..BUT NOT ANY TUBERCULOSIS SYMPTOMS LIKE COUGHING AND such as a chronic cough, weight loss, fever, chills, and weakness, that may be due to TB or another mycobacterial infection

MY QUESTION IS

1. IS IT AN ILLEGIBILITY IF FOUND TO BE TUBERCULOSIS...AND WHAT IS THE SOLUTION? It is not an inelgibility if you do in fact have TB you will have to be treated in Nigeria.

2.. THE DOCTOR SAID MY MEDICAL RESULT WILL BE OUT IN 6WEEKS SO I WONT BE ABLE TO HAVE MY MEDICALS FOR THE INTERVIEW....WHAT IS THE IMPLICATION? If you dont have your medicals for the interview it is possible they do not let you in to the embassy so you will have to reschedule.

WILL I STILL BE INTERVIEWED BY THE CO...AND ASKED TO COME WHEN MY MEDICALS IS READY OR WON'T BE ATTENDED TO UNTIL MY MEDICALS IS COMPLETED..COS THE DOC SAID I SHOULD JUST TELL THEM MY MEDICALS IS YET TO BE READY.. It is likely they wont let you in and you will be informed to come back when you have completed the medical.

3. I KNOW I WONT GET A FINAL DECISION UNTIL MY MEDICALS IS FINALLY OUT...BUT I WANT TO KNOW WHAT ANYBODY WHO HAVE HAD THIS KIND SITUATION WENT THRU..

November 5, 2010 Interview 7am APPROVED!!!!!! (6months 4weeks 1day) THANK YOU LORD!!!!!

(look at my about me page in my profile if you want to see my entire k1 journey)

AOS Journey:

Feb.4, 2011 Mailed AOS packet

Feb. 7, 2011 Pkt delivered in Chicago

Feb. 10, 2011 Received txt and email of NOA for AOS, EAD, and AP

Feb. 11, 2011 Check cashed for AOS

Feb. 12, 2011 Touched

Feb. 14, 2011 received hard copy of NOA for AOS, EAD& AP

Feb. 18, 2011 received appt letter for biometrics

Feb. 28, 2011 biometrics appt @10am

Feb. 28, 2011 received txt/email AOS case transferred to csc

Mar 1, 2011 AOS Touched

Mar 3, 2011 received hard copy of AOS transfer to csc

Mar 4, 2011 AOS Touched

Mar 28, 2011 Received txt/email saying card production has been ordered. (1month 3eeks 3days)

Mar 28, 2011 Received 2nd txt/email saying we have registered this customer permanent residence status

Mar 29, 2011 Received 3rd txt/email says card production has been ordered.

April 1, 2011 greencard and welcome letter in hand!!

April 5, 2011 received txt/email EAD card production ordered

Will Start Removing Conditions Dec 2012!!!!

Dec. 26, 2012 mailed ROC paperwork

Dec. 28, 2012 NOA for ROC paperwork

Jan. 7, 2013 received bio appt letter

Jan. 24, 2013 bio appt.

June 22, 2013 10yr green card received

68z00wwuiyl.png

Timeline

MY QUESTION IS

1. IS IT AN ILLEGIBILITY IF FOUND TO BE TUBERCULOSIS...AND WHAT IS THE SOLUTION?

2.. THE DOCTOR SAID MY MEDICAL RESULT WILL BE OUT IN 6WEEKS SO I WONT BE ABLE TO HAVE MY MEDICALS FOR THE INTERVIEW....WHAT IS THE IMPLICATION?

WILL I STILL BE INTERVIEWED BY THE CO...AND ASKED TO COME WHEN MY MEDICALS IS READY OR WON'T BE ATTENDED TO UNTIL MY MEDICALS IS COMPLETED..COS THE DOC SAID I SHOULD JUST TELL THEM MY MEDICALS IS YET TO BE READY..

Wow...my husband just faced this same issue in August. He went for his medical and every result came back negative but they needed to take a sputum test. At first they told him his results will be back in 6 weeks, then 8, then 10 and after it was all said and done it took 12 weeks with the help of a very nasty email I had to sent to the director of the hospital. My husband was told by the hospital that he would be interviewed as long as he had his receipt. Unfortunately when he showed up for his interview they turned him away at the gate. He had to reschedule his interview and the embassy reschedule three months late (deep sigh). This has been tedious but we have been praying. my thoughts to you is once the results are scheduled to return do not wait for them to call start calling them. Be deligent, the staff at the hospital (our experience) were not to interested in answering questions and will just continue to say be patient. If time elapse (and I pray it doesn't) have you spouse write them and call her senator for support. God bless, I wish you the best.

Timeline

...this is strange....why will they lie to someone that you can go to the interview knowing fully well that one will be turned away...and the Lagos embassy is very poor in responding to correspondence...i have emailed them earlier this week about the situation..if i can reschedule my interview because of the x-ray report or if i should still come to the interview with the medical receipt..and a second date when the result is ready..yet no response..

ur response has being helpful and ill be starting the sputum test process next week Monday...and i wont take it lightly at the hospital when i get there.. because i have found out that when u are too calm they take u for a ride...

how does one even reschedule interview appointments when the embassy hardly reads or reply emails....?

Timeline

and if i may ask...is ur husband result finally out?...how long did it take and was it negative or positive i don't know why one will go for a tuberculosis test when he doesn't have any symptom of TB...has he being interviewed?

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

My husband's interview has been rescheduled for December 12th and his test results were negative. It took crazy long just for the hospital to tell us that but once. We flexed our muscle they replied. Thinking they do not wish negative comments about them being reported to the US government.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.