TeapotGirl

How soon did you receive your notification?

How soon did you receive your notification?  

11 members have voted

1. 1. How soon did you get your NOA2?

• 1 month (without RFE)
    • 1month (with RFE)
    • 2 months (without RFE)
    • 2 months (with RFE)
    • 3 months +
  2. 2. How soon did you receive your K-1 VISA?

17 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I see the graph there of what's the average wait time but I'd like to hear from the members themselves and know what's the common reason why such delay.

Edited by teapotgurl1983

Happy New Year!

Our I-129F was approved by the USCIS in three-and-a-half months.

We received our visa in a total of five months and a few days. :dancing:

Timeline

wow, that's quick. not even in my options.

Edited by teapotgurl1983

Happy New Year!

Timeline

Yap, our I-129 f got approved also in about 3 mons and 13 days..had I not rescheduled my interview from September to October..from NOA1 to approval would just took us 5 months too..tho I think this typical if and when you don't have RFE's :D

I think 3 months is the minimum most people would get a NOA2. and the times for the Visa are a little long. It took me a little over 3 months to get Visa (which is quick) and if everything goes ok we will have Visa in a little under 5 months.

I think the Average Noa 2 is more around 4-4.5 months and the average Visa is 6.5-7.5 months. I jut got lucky and caught VSC in an up cycle.Of course some go faster and some go way longer.

I have heard some people say 1 month from Noa1-Noa2 but I am skeptical of that .

I got my noa2 in a month but we were not prepared (we were expecting 5 months!) so i postponed my interview for a few months until everything was prepared. Overall, i completed k1 and aos in about a year (june 2010-june 2011) which is not bad i think.

My Journey:

We met through a study-abroad program in Shanghai, China in August of 2009

We got engaged March of 2010

I received my K1 VISA in 6 months (June-December 2010)

We were married 04/02/2011
I received my conditional 2-year greencard (AOS) in 2.5 months with no interview (April-June 2011)

Our son was born 02/03/2013

I received my masters degree in Speech-Language Pathology 04/17/2013

I received my 10-year greencard (ROC) in 3 months with no interview (March-June 2013)

My husband returned from deployment 06/20/2013

My naturalization journey took 4 months (April-August 2014)

I became a US citizen on 08/01/2014

Received passport in 3 weeks (regular processing)

Thank you, VJ! smile.png

got our NOA1 Aug.26 and still waiting for NOA2 :(

All I know, is that I need you... I need you in my life as much as I need food or water or air to breathe - for the longest time, I've had this thirst deep inside... only to be known and understood and be loved for who I am. I have longed for someone, someone like you - to share my life with... all the ups and downs and everything in between. then out of no where - you walked into my life, quenching my thirst, satisfying my longing. and I know from every thing with in - that you are the one... you're the one I've been waiting for all this time. I want and I need you - more than I can usually find words to say... But today and always - please believe and know that you're the one for me and I'll hold you close and I'll never want to let you go...

June 2010: Met online via dating site

Oct.25,2010: He came here to meet me and my family and proposed in a lunch organized by my sister and me of course!

Nov.6, 2010: He went back to US

April 26, 2011: Came back for our wedding

May 17, 2011: The big day!!! We finally exchanged "I DO's"

Aug. 8, 2011: Sent complete Package of I-130

Aug. 26,2011: NOA1 (it was a very stressful long wait!)

March 1, 2012: NOA2 the moment we've been waiting finally here!!!

March 20, 2012: I called NVC got our MNL case# and IIN and sent my DS3032 via email

March 22, 2012: Received 2 Emails from NVC PAOSF I-130 and ACL

March 24, 2012: AOS paid online

March 27, 2012: AOS PAYMENT ACCEPTED

april 04, 2012: AOS PACKAGE ON ITS WAY TO NVC

April 04, 2012: IV bill paid

why???? Did u receive a RFE?

No RFE or whatsoever.

Checking our status almost everyday since i created the account in uscis site.

our case was received june 6 and was touched june 14. no updates from then on.

we have lawyer processed the application. our petition even includes

>statements from me, from my fiance, from my fiance's 2 friends, and from his brother attesting and be happy in our relationship. (all notarized)

>we have bunch of pictures together when we met last february here.

>i even included emails between me and my fiance's brother, niece and sister-in-law.

>phone record of my fiance showing we call each other everyday

>screen shots of Magic jack call logs

>our birthcerts

>my cenomar

>colored copies of all the boarding passes and itineraries

> couple of YM conversations

>couple of emails

>copies of the cards and letters my fiance send me

>among others

me and my fiance are already 1 year and 2 months together and counting..

sometimes me and my fiance ask each other why it took the uscis too long to approve our petition when others are getting theirs in few months and some even have RFE when ours are almost complete. and we dont have an answer coz thats how it is.

hoping approval will come this week, if not, then next week, or next next week.. or maybe next month.. hahaha

:)

Timeline

No RFE or whatsoever.

Checking our status almost everyday since i created the account in uscis site.

our case was received june 6 and was touched june 14. no updates from then on.

wow my gawd...that's really long. good thing you gotta magicjack. it's a God sent invention.

Happy New Year!

Timeline

If you look at the timelines database on this site you will see that the last NOA2 for Phils / All Services Centers is 10-21 with an NOA1 date of 6-14, about 4 months. You can look at a lot of the dates and see about what the timelines are running. If you have an NOA1 of 6-14, you are "in the window" of when you might get an NOA2, but there are also recent data points of 4-14 and 9-27, which is 5+ months.

There is no set schedule and they are not all done in order received for a large number of reasons.

Their current target goal is 5 months for the average. Some will be over, some will be under.

Best of luck.

--------------------------------

Priorty Date: June 22, 2011

Interview Sept. 7, 2012

Visa in hand, Sept 15, 2012

NOA2 95 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 153 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

10 more days until the visa was in her hand.

We did have an RFE also. So still under 6 months to get the K1 visa, even with an RFE.

K1 from the Philippines
Arrival : 2011-09-08
Married : 2011-10-15
AOS
Date Card Received : 2012-07-13
EAD
Date Card Received : 2012-02-04

Sent ROC : 4-1-2014
Noa1 : 4-2-2014
Bio Complete : 4-18-2014
Approved : 6-24-2014

N-400 sent 2-13-2016
Bio Complete 3-14-2016
Interview
Oath Taking

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.