Sergi9

Why do Russians Hate Ice?

132 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Just last week.

It took her about two years to add a cube and then she's been gaining about a cube per year since.

better tell her to cut back before she's several cubits :hehe:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

My wife insists that drinking cold drinks with ice will give me a sore throat and a cold. Funny thing is I am always using ice and she is the one who is always sick.

Damn American germs.

Me too. But she says it is because (I am NOT kidding) that it is because we are from strong "pioneer" stock and we have unique North American immune ystem from drinking dirty water from faucets and things (which she also does now)

Imagine that she was the Chief Editor of a leading medical journal AND that doctors in the FSU tell people this stuff!

She loves ice cream though :wacko:

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Timeline

Hot juice? Sounds disgusting. I have never come across anyone who does that, or anyone who freaks out when they go to a fast food place and get ice in their drinks except Americans, who are worried about giardia. When I buy beer to drink outside in cokd weather, though, I make them get me one from the storeroom instead of taking one from the freezer.

i think this ice-weirdness is more of an older generation thing. I never put ice in things that are already cold from the fridge, though.

It isn't hot juice (except apple juice which is hot and has cloves added to it) or hot milk it is just "warmed up" She does this if I, as a stupid paranoid, hypochondriac American put her juice in the fridge. If I leave it on the counter where it belongs she does not have to warm it.

Alla, like all RUB women loves tea but will not drink "iced tea". The boys, especially Pasha, LOVE iced tea, I think Pasha drinks at least a gallon a day and Sergey loves lemonade, again drinking it by the gallons. Sergey mixes lemonade with iced tea, 50/50. Cold.

Gary And Alla

Timeline

Your vife really said that? :rofl::rofl:

It is not as sexy when Slim does it, though.

Gary And Alla

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Isle of Man
Timeline

Some Chinese DR's say too cold is not good, I guess they don't live in AZ.

That's funny cause I heard on the radio years ago that if you drink ice water you will actually burn more calories (like 2 or 3) because your body has to work harder taking it in...

"Let's figure out exactly what you're burning when you drink a 16-ounce (0.5 liter) glass of ice water:The temperature of ice water can be estimated at zero degrees Celsius.

• Body temperature can be estimated at 37 degrees Celsius.
  • It takes 1 calorie to raise 1 gram of water 1 degree Celsius.
  • There are 473.18 grams in 16 fluid ounces of water.

So in the case of a 16-ounce glass of ice water, your body must raise the temperature of 473.18 grams of water from zero to 37 degrees C. In doing so, your body burns 17,508 calories. But that's calories with a little "c." Your body only burns 17.5 Calories, and in the grand scheme of a 2,000-Calorie diet, that 17.5 isn't very significant.

But let's say you adhere to the "eight 8-ounce glasses of water a day" nutritional recommendation. In 64 ounces of water, there are 1,892.72 grams. So to warm up all that water in the course of a day, your body burns 70,030 calories, or 70 Calories. And over time, that 70 Calories a day adds up. "

http://health.howstuffworks.com/wellness/diet-fitness/weight-loss/question447.htm

India, gun buyback and steamroll.

qVVjt.jpg?3qVHRo.jpg?1

Timeline

That's funny cause I heard on the radio years ago that if you drink ice water you will actually burn more calories (like 2 or 3) because your body has to work harder taking it in...

"Let's figure out exactly what you're burning when you drink a 16-ounce (0.5 liter) glass of ice water:The temperature of ice water can be estimated at zero degrees Celsius.

So in the case of a 16-ounce glass of ice water, your body must raise the temperature of 473.18 grams of water from zero to 37 degrees C. In doing so, your body burns 17,508 calories. But that's calories with a little "c." Your body only burns 17.5 Calories, and in the grand scheme of a 2,000-Calorie diet, that 17.5 isn't very significant.

But let's say you adhere to the "eight 8-ounce glasses of water a day" nutritional recommendation. In 64 ounces of water, there are 1,892.72 grams. So to warm up all that water in the course of a day, your body burns 70,030 calories, or 70 Calories. And over time, that 70 Calories a day adds up. "

http://health.howstuffworks.com/wellness/diet-fitness/weight-loss/question447.htm

You are not a mechanical engineer.

Heat cannot be destroyed or burned. It can only be transferred from one place to another. Body heat is transferred to the water but remains in the body and balances the water temperature to that of the body and the heat transfer stops.

Ice can lower body temperature when applied to the outside of the body and the heat migrates OUT of the body. Transferring energy around inside the body has no affect on body weight, it cannot. Your body does not "burn" anything, it merely transfers calories from one part of the body to another.

It would be like putting the condenser of a window air conditioner into another room of the same house. :wacko:

Gary And Alla

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Isle of Man
Timeline

You are not a mechanical engineer.

No I am not. But I am not alone. There are over 1/2 a million hits on googling 'does ice water burn more calories'

I was just sharing something I heard on the radio..

India, gun buyback and steamroll.

qVVjt.jpg?3qVHRo.jpg?1

My wife's coming around... "I want only sree ice kyoobs in my vatar. Don't put too much- you make me sick."

Also..."I am not to drink zees city vatar, foo!"

“Insist on yourself; never imitate. Your own gift you can present every moment with the cumulative force of a whole life’s cultivation; but of the adopted talent of another, you have only an extemporaneous half-possession. That which each can do best, none but his Maker can teach him.” — Emerson

Timeline

No I am not. But I am not alone. There are over 1/2 a million hits on googling 'does ice water burn more calories'

I was just sharing something I heard on the radio..

I am. Google hits are not a basis for science. I would prefer to be alone and correct. Trying to explain anything with any scientific or technical word (such as "calorie") that has no basis in fact is ludicrous. Even if lots of idiots look at it online.

Gary And Alla

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

http://health.howstu...question447.htm

Let's make that a couple of ice cold Cokes at 150 Calories a pop and see where it gets us

If at first you don't succeed, then sky diving is not for you.

Someone stole my dictionary. Now I am at a loss for words.

If Apple made a car, would it have windows?

Ban shredded cheese. Make America Grate Again .

Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day.  Deport him and you never have to feed him again.

I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.

I went bald but I kept my comb.  I just couldn't part with it.

My name is not Richard Edward but my friends still call me DickEd

If your pet has a bladder infection, urine trouble.

"Watch out where the huskies go, and don't you eat that yellow snow."

I fired myself from cleaning the house. I didn't like my attitude and I got caught drinking on the job.

My kid has A.D.D... and a couple of F's

Carrots improve your vision.  Alcohol doubles it.

A dung beetle walks into a bar and asks " Is this stool taken?"

Breaking news.  They're not making yardsticks any longer.

Hemorrhoids?  Shouldn't they be called Assteroids?

If life gives you melons, you might be dyslexic.

If you suck at playing the trumpet, that may be why.

Dogs can't take MRI's but Cat scan.

Timeline

Really? Alla got over that pretty quick. She made me stand and drink a glass of water in front of her. Not believing I would really do it, then looked at me as if she expected me to fall over dead. Immediately. She still refused, claiming I had the mysterious North American immunity. What she didn't know was that I was mixing her frozen orange juice (she didn't even know I had frozen orange juice) with water from the faucet.

She has since accepted drinking water from the faucet with no problem but does not accept frozen orange juice! :lol:

Edited by Gary and Alla

Gary And Alla

Timeline

Your wife is very good at English, yes? She says "I am not to drink..." Is it legal-ese?

Gary And Alla

Your wife is very good at English, yes? She says "I am not to drink..." Is it legal-ese?

Why Gary, are you making fun of my wife? Last I recall, you'd rather put a bullet in your head than ridicule another man's wife. You will be missed. ;)

“Insist on yourself; never imitate. Your own gift you can present every moment with the cumulative force of a whole life’s cultivation; but of the adopted talent of another, you have only an extemporaneous half-possession. That which each can do best, none but his Maker can teach him.” — Emerson

Timeline

Why Gary, are you making fun of my wife? Last I recall, you'd rather put a bullet in your head than ridicule another man's wife. You will be missed. ;)

I am not at all making fun of your wife. Nice attempt at dodge. I cannot say I am surprised.

Edited by Gary and Alla

Gary And Alla

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.