misho

photocopy passport to nvc

7 posts in this topic

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

hi everybody , I'm f2a with pd oct 2010 , I'm now preparing for my documents to send to nvc . my passport will be expired on sept 2011 should I renew my passport before send it ? coz they ask for valid passport only, they not determine for how long should be valid

thank you

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

hi everybody , I'm f2a with pd oct 2010 , I'm now preparing for my documents to send to nvc . my passport will be expired on sept 2011 should I renew my passport before send it ? coz they ask for valid passport only, they not determine for how long should be valid

thank you

You will NOT be given ANY visa with a passport that is not valid more than 6 ,months. The IV given once approved is valid for 6 months. The NVC will not accept your passport anyway.. so just save yourself sometime.

Current cut off date F2A - Current 

Brother's Journey (F2A) - PD Dec 30, 2010

Dec 30 2010 - Notice of Action 1 (NOA1)
May 12 2011 - Notice of Action 2 (NOA2)
May 23 2011 - NVC case # Assigned
Nov 17 2011 - COA / I-864 received
Nov 18 2011 - Sent COA
Apr 30 2012 - Pay AOS fee

Oct 15 2012 - Pay IV fee
Oct 25 2012 - Sent AOS/IV Package

Oct 29 2012 - Pkg Delivered
Dec 24 2012 - Case Complete

May 17 2013 - Interview-Approved

July 19 2013 - Enter the USA

"... Answer when you are called..."

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

thank you, but i think the 6 month valid passport should be if my pd is current and i have an interview at the embassy ,it's. the pd now is july 2008 and my pd is oct 2010 ,so after 2 yaers mybe i should to have new passport coz it's only valid for 2 yares :innocent:

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

thank you, but i think the 6 month valid passport should be if my pd is current and i have an interview at the embassy ,it's. the pd now is july 2008 and my pd is oct 2010 ,so after 2 yaers mybe i should to have new passport coz it's only valid for 2 yares :innocent:

Review the passport document guide for the NVC

Current cut off date F2A - Current 

Brother's Journey (F2A) - PD Dec 30, 2010

Dec 30 2010 - Notice of Action 1 (NOA1)
May 12 2011 - Notice of Action 2 (NOA2)
May 23 2011 - NVC case # Assigned
Nov 17 2011 - COA / I-864 received
Nov 18 2011 - Sent COA
Apr 30 2012 - Pay AOS fee

Oct 15 2012 - Pay IV fee
Oct 25 2012 - Sent AOS/IV Package

Oct 29 2012 - Pkg Delivered
Dec 24 2012 - Case Complete

May 17 2013 - Interview-Approved

July 19 2013 - Enter the USA

"... Answer when you are called..."

Filed: Timeline

thank you

While you are correct that the State Department's website states that the passport has to be valid but is silent for how long, wouldn't it be better to send them a copy of a passport that will not expire in September 2011???

http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/info/info_3195.html#petitioner_documents

Photocopy of Valid Passport Biographic Data Page

Who needs to submit a photocopy of their passport?

The applicant and each family member accompanying the applicant must submit a photocopy of the biographic data page from their respective valid passport.

What should I send to the NVC?

Send a photocopy of your (and any family members’) biographic data page from valid passports. This is the page that shows your name, and your date and place of birth.

Note: Do NOT send passports to the NVC. Send only photocopies of the biographic data pages.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.