3,588 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Barbados
Timeline

Pretty random, you all don't know me, but I've been following this thread (previous VAWA and this one) for a few months now, and some news I just found out made me get the courage to actually create an account just so I could post this! I'm soo excited!

Here goes..

http://www.masslive.com/politics/index.ssf/2012/04/with_republican_support_us_sen.html

Finally they are doing wats right. Hopefully the paste at vmc will pick up.

Dear ********:

I thought you might appreciate knowing that this afternoon the Senate passed the Violence Against Women Reauthorization Act by a vote of 68 to 31. I cosponsored and voted for this important legislation, which supports programs dedicated to ending domestic and sexual violence and prosecuting the perpetrators of such crimes.

Since the Violence Against Women Act was originally passed in 1994, it has helped hundreds of thousands of women and children by funding programs that provide comprehensive support for the survivors of domestic and sexual violence. These crimes are a scourge on communities around our country. They have devastating consequences for the women and families who are victimized.

The Violence Against Women Act gives federal, state, and local governments the resources they need to combat these horrible crimes and to aid survivors. In the last eighteen years, VAWA funds have supported violence prevention grants, services to survivors of sexual assault, legal assistance, transitional housing grants, and assistance to law enforcement agencies and prosecutors. They provide shelter and counseling to women and children who have been harmed by violence, create programs that protect children during visits with parents who have been accused of domestic violence, and enhance protections for elderly and disabled women.

I believe we have a moral obligation to act to make a positive difference in the lives of these people, and this legislation does just that. By reauthorizing the Violence Against Women Act, the Senate has taken an important step toward ensuring that programs that make an enormous difference to survivors of sexual assault around the country will continue to do so. To learn more about the Violence Against Women Act, and to hear about other ways I am working to help those who have been affected by violence around the country, please visit my website at [http://www.levin.senate.gov/].

Sincerely,

Carl Levin

FINALY PASSED! :dance:

I'm not attorney and this is not legal advice, this is just my personal opinion!

USCIS:

03/26/2008 Approved I-130
04/21/2011 Send I-360, I-765 and I-485 to Vermont Service Center
05/26/2011 Approved EAD
05/31/2011 Request for evidence for I-360
06/24/2011 Biometrics I-485
09/06/2011 Send responds for RFE of I-360
09/12/2011 Prima Facie approval for I-360
01/09/2012 Send E-mails to VSC asking what is going on with my case. (E-mail send to vsc.ncscfollowup@dhs.gov and to SCOPSSCATA@dhs.gov)
01/17/2012 Got responds from VSC email saying that they can't talk about my case over phone or e-mail.
02/26/2012 Approved extension of EAD
02/28/2012 Renewed Prima Facie (second one)
06/28/2012 Send letter to VSC to see what is going on with my case
08/28/2012 Renewed Prima Facie (third one)
09/18/2012 RFE
10/10/2012 Renewed Prima Facie (Fourth one)
10/31/2012 VSC received RFE respond
02/04/2013 Renewed Prima Facie (Sixte one)
04/17/2013 I-360 and I-485 got DENAID!

05/15/2013 Filed I-290B Notice of Appeal from denial of VAWA I-360 - APPEAL WAS DENIED

12/15/2014 Filed for second time I-360, I-485, I-765 and I-131

12/30/2014 RFE for Good Moral Character received

01/08/2015 FBI clairance and respond to RFE sent to VSC

02/12/2015 RFE I-131 asking if I was or I'm in removal proceedings

03/03/2015 Respond for I-131 RFE sent to VSC

04/02/2015 RFE for Bona Fide Marriage, proof of shared residents and request for more evidence regarding Abuse received

04/20/2015 I-765 and I-131 APPROVED.

06/25/2015 Respond to I-360 RFE sent to VSC

07/14/2015 I-360 application APPROVED!!!

ICE

04/29/2011 Went for appointment with ICE officer and got processed
06/01/2011 Turn my passport in and started to report to BI twice a month in BI office, ones a month via phone and once a month they come to my home
01/05/2012 Still don't have court date!
02/02/2012 Terminated removal proceedings.

since January,06,2012, i have no any decision,

After i send respond RFE 1360 i got 3th perima , validate for 60 days.

1- 14 April my frima expired 2 week before that expiration i send letter for renew my perima , but i have no any respond.

2- i request for renew EAD Card 2 mouth ago.

3- last week my lawyer sent a email to hot line Vermont and asked about my perima (4th) and asked We have not yet been provided with a response from USCIS on this case.

4- hotline respond and said :

" The information you submitted in response to the Request for Evidence was received and has been included in the file for review. I have sent a request to our clerical department to have the prima facie determination extension notice sent."

during time my request EAD approved and my card receive in my mail but i have not receive any perima.

to day, i am confuse cause i receive a Appointment letter from DHS-ICE for fingerprint.

this letter is from old local office in old state that i lived ( i moved form one state to other state before) .

i had interview with 2 office of "ICE" before (last year) cause my x wife went to ICE and request to us immigration customs enforcement.

by the way i have question and basically and simply

1- i should be worry ?

2- is this fingerprint for denied or approval ? no any body know or have more info?

3- can i request for change location of fingerprint to my state i am m living?

"mackbook " i suppose you have info this process i am relay appreciated for share

Hello Lion Lion ,

Please dont worry yourself .When you filed for vawa did you file together with i-485,iam sure you did file for i-765 as you have your EAD.Normally i-485 are valid for 14-15 months if I am not mistaken.Looking at your time line you filed for vawa 12/10 so its been like 16 months since you filed and your finger prints are now expired I mean as in the USCIS meaning you have to re-do your biometrics just to make sure from the time you applied to to date you havent been involved in an crime .Thats should be a good news from the way iam looking at it.Meaning your vawa is about to be approved thats why you have to do biometrics for i-485 they just want to make sure your crime free.Dont worry about it .You mentioned that they sent the letter to another state ,did you move to another state since you filed for vawa if so you or your lawyer should send the new address to USCIS or else they will keep sending your mail to the previous address.Call them to ask them to send the letter of biometrics to where you are and change address if you didnt.

Filed: Other Timeline

Hello Lion Lion ,

Please dont worry yourself .When you filed for vawa did you file together with i-485,iam sure you did file for i-765 as you have your EAD.Normally i-485 are valid for 14-15 months if I am not mistaken.Looking at your time line you filed for vawa 12/10 so its been like 16 months since you filed and your finger prints are now expired I mean as in the USCIS meaning you have to re-do your biometrics just to make sure from the time you applied to to date you havent been involved in an crime .Thats should be a good news from the way iam looking at it.Meaning your vawa is about to be approved thats why you have to do biometrics for i-485 they just want to make sure your crime free.Dont worry about it .You mentioned that they sent the letter to another state ,did you move to another state since you filed for vawa if so you or your lawyer should send the new address to USCIS or else they will keep sending your mail to the previous address.Call them to ask them to send the letter of biometrics to where you are and change address if you didnt.

Hi ladyg ;

thank you for respond, and seam is it correct, but there are some basic questions.for example you know usually or almost fingerprint for benefit (main i-485) , it's requested to received or will receive from U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (uscis) .

but this time about me,i received letter appointment from U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement ( ICE ) .

these departments are different one of is for give t benefit and other one for deportation !!!

by the way i you know better than me no any body can not get ( CG card ) before background check every body should be check, and you know when when FBI go to process background check or request for background check then

(FBI) to be checked against criminal databases. With Secure Communities, the FBI then sends the fingerprints to ICE, where they are checked against the U.S. Visitor and Immigrant Status Indicator Technology Program (US-VISIT) and the Automated Biometric Identification System (IDENT). This fingerprint check allows state and local law enforcement and ICE automatically and immediately to search the databases for an individual’s criminal and immigration history.

i think, one request send for my background check and then send to ice and ice have not new fingerprint then send letter to me for new fingerprint. or update fingerprint an following my case and when denied the enforced for deportation

really i don't know what is correct but i have strong evidence in my hand that is approval EAD Card againe ( It seems to be i-360 will be Approve )

do you agree with me, if not please correct me.

And about of my address:

i recived this letter in my state in new address ( new state) but in title of letter appointment wrote my old address ( previous state ) but Bash line withe pen and write my new address by hand !!!!!

In any case, after sharing withe you and explained you i am better sure and I'm calm and waiting for respond my lawyer after get answer i will share here

thank you

to all of pending be strong and never give up

January, 28, 2011 Apply and send WAVA (I-360) And I-485 , I-756, I-131 with fee application
February, 09, 2011 Receive RFE request good moral March,07,2011 mailed RFE
March,14,2011 touched I-360
May,24,2011 touched my case I-131
june,8,2011 EAD received in my hand.
July,26,2011 Travel Document ( I-131) Approved
September,14,2011 Renew second Prima Facie and Revived
October,28,2011 touched I-360 and requesting additional evidence or information case I-360
January,06,2012 sent answer RFE (I-360)
February,08,2012 request renew Prima Facie and February,17,2012 revived 3th Prima Facie ( validate 60 days)
February,27,2012 request renew 2th EAD Card
April 17,2012 Approved my 2th EAD Card and April,23,2012 received my 2th EAD Card
April,27,2012 received appointment letter for fingerprint ( File A # ) from U.S.DHS-ICE ( next month) i request for change location.
may,17,2012 received 4th prima Facie July,24,2012 renew 5th perima
OCT,28,2012 case denied.
-----------------------------------------------
APR 11 2013 Refile i-360 , i-485 , i-756 , i-131,
APR,16 notice received , RFE for good moral and medical exam

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: China
Timeline

I filed VAWA through my lawyer on April/2nd and got the Establishment of prima facie two weeks later. I also filed my 485 concurrently. My existing EAD card will soon expired and I've filed a new EAD card last week, but it takes time to receive it.

Even if I get my new EAD card doesn't mean I can get a job immediately.

I heard with prima facie I am qualified several social benefits. Can anyone here help me with the details? I live in NYC. Where should I apply? What kind of social benefits can i get? What are the steps? I speak Chinese my english is not so good, can i get the application form in Chinese?

Thanks a lot!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Filed: Other Country: Barbados
Timeline

I filed VAWA through my lawyer on April/2nd and got the Establishment of prima facie two weeks later. I also filed my 485 concurrently. My existing EAD card will soon expired and I've filed a new EAD card last week, but it takes time to receive it.

Even if I get my new EAD card doesn't mean I can get a job immediately.

I heard with prima facie I am qualified several social benefits. Can anyone here help me with the details? I live in NYC. Where should I apply? What kind of social benefits can i get? What are the steps? I speak Chinese my english is not so good, can i get the application form in Chinese?

Thanks a lot!!!!!!!!!!!!!

With prima facie you can get public assistance meaning food stamps, a portion of your rent paid and medicaid. In normal cases you can file for eg. Food stamps without the other two but when you have a prima facie you must apply for all three together which is called public assistance or PA. Go to your public assistance office in you borough bring your Id and the prima facie, social security card if you have one,your lease if you don't have a lease a letter from who you live with saying you live with them. If you work a pay stub if not just tell them you unemployed but if you have a ead they will put you in the work program to help you find a job I was told abt the job program by a friend but not sure abt that one.hopefully that was helpful to you

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: China
Timeline

With prima facie you can get public assistance meaning food stamps, a portion of your rent paid and medicaid. In normal cases you can file for eg. Food stamps without the other two but when you have a prima facie you must apply for all three together which is called public assistance or PA. Go to your public assistance office in you borough bring your Id and the prima facie, social security card if you have one,your lease if you don't have a lease a letter from who you live with saying you live with them. If you work a pay stub if not just tell them you unemployed but if you have a ead they will put you in the work program to help you find a job I was told abt the job program by a friend but not sure abt that one.hopefully that was helpful to you

Thanks a lot!!! You are very professional!

HEY GUYS WHAT DO I NEED TO GET A FEE WAVIER FOR MY I485 AND EAD??? PLEASE

I did have a fee waived for My I-485&EAD

just follow the instructions for form I-912 and you will fine...

http://www.uscis.gov/USCIS/files/form/i-912instr.pdf

03/17/11 Filed for I360vawa(sent via Usps Express)

03/18/11 Delivered

03/31/11 Receipt I360(Hardcopy received)

04/04/11 Prima Facie(Hardcopy received)

12/17/11 Prima Facie Extension No2(Hardcopy received)

01/17/12 RFE issued(Good faith marriage)

02/04/12 RFE answered with all evidences(sent via Usps Express)

02/07/12 RFE received and signed by USCIS

02/08/12 Touched RFE under review

02/10/12 Touched

04/29/12 Prima Facie Extension No3(Hardcopy received)

06/13/12 Prima Facie Extension No4(Hardcopy received)

06/15/12 I360 VAWA APPROVAL (Hardcopy received)

03/07/12 Filed for I485 and I765(sent via Usps Express)

03/08/12 Delivered

03/23/12 Receipt I485(Hardcopy received)

03/23/12 Receipt I765(Hardcopy received)

04/02/12 ASC appointment(Hardcopy received)

04/03/12 RFE issued for I765(Hardcopy received)

04/03/12 RFE answered with all evidences(sent via Usps Express)

05/10/12 I765 Approval(Hardcopy received)

08/09/12 I485 was transferred and is now being processed at a USCIS office

11/20/12 I485 Interview Letter(Hardcopy received)

12/11/12 I485 Interview at USCIS local Office

06/24/12 Filed for Motion to Reopen with BIA(sent via Usps Express)

11/07/12 Motion to Reopen and Remand Granted by BIA (Hardcopy received)

11/15/12 Filed for Motion to Terminate Removal with USICE/USDHS

11/21/12 Motion to Terminate Removal Granted by USICE/USDHS

11/26/12 Filed for Motion to Terminate Removal with Immigration Court

11/30/12 Motion to Terminate Removal Granted by Immigration Court

Hey guys am just trying to figure out what month was the last approval here filed I know it's 2011 just wondering wat month, I filed in August . Thanks

so far we have, LOveme...filed in Jan.2011....got approval in March 2012

Hopeful-2011 ...filed in Feb.2011....got approval in Feb 2012

Memes...filed in March.2011....got approval in Jan 2012

03/17/11 Filed for I360vawa(sent via Usps Express)

03/18/11 Delivered

03/31/11 Receipt I360(Hardcopy received)

04/04/11 Prima Facie(Hardcopy received)

12/17/11 Prima Facie Extension No2(Hardcopy received)

01/17/12 RFE issued(Good faith marriage)

02/04/12 RFE answered with all evidences(sent via Usps Express)

02/07/12 RFE received and signed by USCIS

02/08/12 Touched RFE under review

02/10/12 Touched

04/29/12 Prima Facie Extension No3(Hardcopy received)

06/13/12 Prima Facie Extension No4(Hardcopy received)

06/15/12 I360 VAWA APPROVAL (Hardcopy received)

03/07/12 Filed for I485 and I765(sent via Usps Express)

03/08/12 Delivered

03/23/12 Receipt I485(Hardcopy received)

03/23/12 Receipt I765(Hardcopy received)

04/02/12 ASC appointment(Hardcopy received)

04/03/12 RFE issued for I765(Hardcopy received)

04/03/12 RFE answered with all evidences(sent via Usps Express)

05/10/12 I765 Approval(Hardcopy received)

08/09/12 I485 was transferred and is now being processed at a USCIS office

11/20/12 I485 Interview Letter(Hardcopy received)

12/11/12 I485 Interview at USCIS local Office

06/24/12 Filed for Motion to Reopen with BIA(sent via Usps Express)

11/07/12 Motion to Reopen and Remand Granted by BIA (Hardcopy received)

11/15/12 Filed for Motion to Terminate Removal with USICE/USDHS

11/21/12 Motion to Terminate Removal Granted by USICE/USDHS

11/26/12 Filed for Motion to Terminate Removal with Immigration Court

11/30/12 Motion to Terminate Removal Granted by Immigration Court

Filed: Timeline

so far we have, LOveme...filed in Jan.2011....got approval in March 2012

Hopeful-2011 ...filed in Feb.2011....got approval in Feb 2012

Memes...filed in March.2011....got approval in Jan 2012

StillAlive... I noticed you filed VAWA by itself, then AOS & EAD a year later; was that with category C9? Did/are you working with an attorney or organization, or by yourself?

Just trying to get some info on what to do/where to go from here, and how... my VAWA is pending, but I haven't filed AOS/EAD

Please let me know...

ZxWWm4.png

I-360 VAWA

February 28th - Received by USCIS

March 2nd - Notice Date

March 6th - Prima Facie [expires in September]

April 11th - VAWA Approved

I-485 AOS & I-765 EAD

Complete Package - Including I-693|Medical Exam & FBI Fingerprint/Background Check

June 11th - Received by USCIS

June 14th - Notice Date

June 28th - I-485 Biometrics Notice Date, Appointment: July 20th

July 13th - Early Walk-in Biometrics Done - Figured I'd Try My "Friday the 13th" Luck :)

July 19th - EAD Approved (Card Production & Approval/Post-Decision Activity Status Update Emails+Texts)

July 26th - After SEVEN to NINE different email/text updates, EAC in hand (w/"fingerprint not available")

July 27th - Applied for Social Security Number

August 2nd - SS Card in hand

August 7th - Applied for/took Learner's Permit Test, PASSED, Received Temporary Permit

September 12th - Driver's License Issued

May 15th - I-485 Transferred to Local Office

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.