pavi kumar

CR1 visa denied after 4 month wait mandatory process

35 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Hello Everyone

My wife got Registerd letter yersterday new delhi us embassy denied are case , they said this marriage is not bonafide marriege , we provide them all paper work means court marriege but now i am realy tired , how i satisfied them .so but is the next step ........ please help me i am realy in stress ...................,

Filed: Country: China
Timeline

No you need to step back and look at it from the VO's standpoint and say what red flags were there that caused them to deny the case. If you give us some background here, people can help. Did they give you a white slip or a blue slip? And what does it say (sometimes scanning the letter and posting here can help people to give better advise) How long have you known each other. When did you meet? how many times did you meet? When did you get engagaged? When did you get married? Is there an age difference and how much? Has the beneficiary been denied for any type of visa previously (Student, tourist, anything). Are you using a co-sponsor? Does the beneficiary have relatives in the US? Has the beneficiaries family had any visa related issues?

You really need to look at everything now to see what it was that caused the denial and then work on addressing that piece in any appeal or re-application.

Service Center : California Service Center
Consulate : Guangzhou, China
Marriage (if applicable): 2010-04-26
I-130 Sent : 2010-06-01
I-130 NOA1 : 2010-06-08
I-130 RFE : 2010-11-05
I-130 RFE Sent : 2010-11-06
I-130 Approved : 2010-11-10
NVC Received CaseFile: 2010-11-16
NVC Casefile Number Issued: 2010-11-22
Received DS-3032 / I-864 Bill : 2010-11-23
OPTIN EMAIL SENT TO NVC: 2010-11-23
OPTIN ACCEPTED by NVC: 2010-12-14
Pay I-864 Bill 2010-11-23
Receive I-864 Package : 2010-11-23
Return Completed I-864 : 2011-03-30
Return Completed DS-3032 : 2010-11-23
Receive IV Bill : 2010-12-17
Pay IV Bill : 2011-03-16
AOS CoverSheets Generated: 2010-11-27
IV Fee Bill marked as PAID: 2011-03-18
IV CoverSheets Generated: 2011-03-18
IV email packet sent: 2011-04-4
NVC reports 'Case Completed': 2011-5-2
'Sign in Fail' at the Online Payment Portal: 2011-5-2
Final Review Started at NVC: 2011-5-2
Final Review Completed at NVC: ????
Interview Date Set: 2011-5-5
Appointment Letter Received via Email: 2011-5-6
Interview Date: 2011-6-1
Approved!!!!!

I-751 Sent : 2013-07-02

I-751 Bio Appointment Date 2013-08-02

10 Year Green Card Approved!!!!!

Timeline

Hello Everyone

My wife got Registerd letter yersterday new delhi us embassy denied are case , they said this marriage is not bonafide marriege , we provide them all paper work means court marriege but now i am realy tired , how i satisfied them .so but is the next step ........ please help me i am realy in stress ...................,

we were denied visa at the new delhi Embassy,

An investigation in the case indicates that petitioner and beneficiary have married soley for immigration purposes"

The petition is eing returned to NVC in the US.

Here are the section......... 212(a)(5)(A)

-212(a)(P)(6) c (1)

We are in "cannot explain" Our marriage is real one and nothing there that will suggest otherwise.

Please suggest/help us ... what can we do it ?

Today i call NVC to find out are case they said they don t have it , they said call uscis i did call uscis same answer. give me response if you have a idea........ thanks

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

we were denied visa at the new delhi Embassy,

An investigation in the case indicates that petitioner and beneficiary have married soley for immigration purposes"

The petition is eing returned to NVC in the US.

Here are the section......... 212(a)(5)(A)

-212(a)(P)(6) c (1)

We are in "cannot explain" Our marriage is real one and nothing there that will suggest otherwise.

Please suggest/help us ... what can we do it ?

Today i call NVC to find out are case they said they don t have it , they said call uscis i did call uscis same answer. give me response if you have a idea........ thanks

They did a marriage fraud investigation on you and determined that you have a fraudulent marriage.

Not sure what the P part is in there maybe you have mistyped, but it looks alot like a MISREPRESENTATION charge and the person on the non-us citizen or LPR end of this is now permanently barred from ever coming to the US.

-212(a)(P)(6) c (1)

Timeline

No you need to step back and look at it from the VO's standpoint and say what red flags were there that caused them to deny the case. If you give us some background here, people can help. Did they give you a white slip or a blue slip? And what does it say (sometimes scanning the letter and posting here can help people to give better advise) How long have you known each other. When did you meet? how many times did you meet? When did you get engagaged? When did you get married? Is there an age difference and how much? Has the beneficiary been denied for any type of visa previously (Student, tourist, anything). Are you using a co-sponsor? Does the beneficiary have relatives in the US? Has the beneficiaries family had any visa related issues?

You really need to look at everything now to see what it was that caused the denial and then work on addressing that piece in any appeal or re-application.

Yes they give my wife white slip.before marriage we know by phone 1 year.i met her feb.25 2010,and marriage 31 march2010 this is arrenage marriage.after marriage i stay over 2month and 15days. and goback sept.2010 for 2week.yes age difference , she never apply visa , no i am not using co-sponsor, beneficiary have no relatives in us. no her family never apply visa .

if i reapply we are same petitioner or beneficiary, if age differance i can t chage that.

so what i have to do now we are realy in stress ...... any how thanks for your opinon

Timeline

They did a marriage fraud investigation on you and determined that you have a fraudulent marriage.

Not sure what the P part is in there maybe you have mistyped, but it looks alot like a MISREPRESENTATION charge and the person on the non-us citizen or LPR end of this is now permanently barred from ever coming to the US.

-212(a)(P)(6) c (1)

Are marriage is legal marriage , Govt. give us certificate

Yes they give my wife white slip.before marriage we know by phone 1 year.i met her feb.25 2010,and marriage 31 march2010 this is arrenage marriage.after marriage i stay over 2month and 15days. and goback sept.2010 for 2week.yes age difference , she never apply visa , no i am not using co-sponsor, beneficiary have no relatives in us. no her family never apply visa .

if i reapply we are same petitioner or beneficiary, if age differance i can t chage that.

so what i have to do now we are realy in stress ...... any how thanks for your opinon

Is this part correct

Met by phone..... who arranged the phone meeting?

Phone conversation on 2/25/2010 ....who proposed to whom?

Married on 3/31/2010.....exactly 33 days later...this is the first time meeting in person.

Stayed 2 months and 15 days after marriage.....what can you show to prove that you'll spent that time together..

Age difference... Female older than the male? Is the female within child bearing age if she is older...What is the religion/what is your and her culture regarding this? Remember you have stated that this was an arranged marriage.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Are marriage is legal marriage , Govt. give us certificate

The burden is on the petitioner , that is the US Citizen to prove the legitimacy or the bona fides of the marriage. Apparently you have not done that. I am sure if you think about it after the interview questions, or it seems they did an investigation on you that there is some "issue" that led them to conclude the marriage is fraudulent. Either something in the interview, the paperwork or the calls and investigation they did with friends and family.

Anyone can go to the courthouse and get married, that is simple. But if you want to live in the US you have to prove its a Bona fide relationship.

So the real question is what could have led them to the belief your marriage is a sham?

Timeline

The burden is on the petitioner , that is the US Citizen to prove the legitimacy or the bona fides of the marriage. Apparently you have not done that. I am sure if you think about it after the interview questions, or it seems they did an investigation on you that there is some "issue" that led them to conclude the marriage is fraudulent. Either something in the interview, the paperwork or the calls and investigation they did with friends and family.

Anyone can go to the courthouse and get married, that is simple. But if you want to live in the US you have to prove its a Bona fide relationship.

So the real question is what could have led them to the belief your marriage is a sham?

We went to the courthouse and get married, the court provide us marriage certificate that marriage certificate i submitt to the uscis they approve the case to send nvc they aprove they send to us embassy , now they give us problem, they are not provide us visa , how we are both satisfies them ?

If i apply again we are not change we are same ,so same paperwork again again , so my question is how i prove it .

My parents all ready give them affidavit her parent did same thing, also are culture give us means church give us marriage certificate too. i provide embassy phone bill , email , hotel bill where we stay after marriage and before marriage after amrriage picture.i send money to my wife that paper work also life insurance policy. bank account. now i am tierd to say that but i have to do,

Edited by pavi

Timeline

congress man or sanetor not helping , both play game , how many time i call , went to the office , say somthing different but do nothing . so give idea but i have to do now.

If i file petition again same paper , same person we are but change nothing.

so But i can do.......... let me knows thanks

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

Pavi,

The 1st thing that I would do is email the embassy and find out if they have returned your case yet and if they have what date did they return it (this date is important).

If they have not returned your case yet, you can contact your senators office to see if they can schedule you another interview (some embassys will do this and others will not)

IF your case has already been returned to the NVC, Once the NVC receives it, they will log it in and than forward it to USCIS (the original service center that had your case). It should take about a month and you show get a letter from USCIS stating that they have received your case from DOS with a request to review it.

You need to count 120 days from the date the embassy sent your case back to NVC in your calendar.

If you haven't gotten another letter from USCIS by the 120 days, then you need to call USCIS and ask for a service request. Tell them that it has been 120 days since your case was returned from the embassy. Hopefully before you reach the 120 days you will either receive a letter reaffirming your case or a NOID/NOIR.

If you have to put in a service request, count 60 more days on your calendar....and call again if you don't hear from them.

This is very important....If you get a NOID/NOIR, than you will only have 30 days to respond from the date USCIS sends you the letter. That means that you will probably only have about 3 weeks to gather the evidence and send it back to them.

In the NOID/NOIR, they will tell you what the CO said and give you and opportunity to send evidence to the contrary. Make sure that you send enough evidence so that you don't leave any questions because you only get one chance to send in this information.

USCIS will review the evidence and make a decision. They will either deny you or reaffirm the case.

If USCIS reaffirms your case with or without a NOID/NOIR, your case will be sent back to the NVC. The NVC will than forward it to the embassy (you do not pay the NVC fees again). The embassy will either contact your or your SO for a new interview appointment.

I hope this helps to explain what happens after your case is sent back

Waiting.....Waiting....waiting....waiting....and more waiting..........

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

Sorry about the double post

Pavi,

The 1st thing that I would do is email the embassy and find out if they have returned your case yet and if they have what date did they return it (this date is important).

If they have not returned your case yet, you can contact your senators office to see if they can schedule you another interview (some embassys will do this and others will not)

IF your case has already been returned to the NVC, Once the NVC receives it, they will log it in and than forward it to USCIS (the original service center that had your case). It should take about a month and you show get a letter from USCIS stating that they have received your case from DOS with a request to review it.

You need to count 120 days from the date the embassy sent your case back to NVC in your calendar.

If you haven't gotten another letter from USCIS by the 120 days, then you need to call USCIS and ask for a service request. Tell them that it has been 120 days since your case was returned from the embassy. Hopefully before you reach the 120 days you will either receive a letter reaffirming your case or a NOID/NOIR.

If you have to put in a service request, count 60 more days on your calendar....and call again if you don't hear from them.

This is very important....If you get a NOID/NOIR, than you will only have 30 days to respond from the date USCIS sends you the letter. That means that you will probably only have about 3 weeks to gather the evidence and send it back to them.

In the NOID/NOIR, they will tell you what the CO said and give you and opportunity to send evidence to the contrary. Make sure that you send enough evidence so that you don't leave any questions because you only get one chance to send in this information.

USCIS will review the evidence and make a decision. They will either deny you or reaffirm the case.

If USCIS reaffirms your case with or without a NOID/NOIR, your case will be sent back to the NVC. The NVC will than forward it to the embassy (you do not pay the NVC fees again). The embassy will either contact your or your SO for a new interview appointment.

Edited by illnevergetthis

Waiting.....Waiting....waiting....waiting....and more waiting..........

Timeline

Sorry about the double post

Pavi,

Thanks for educating me ,but i make a one mistake that time when my wife got white hand out slip, they ask how and when you first met and why you decided to get married.

acutuly i met my wife thru my brother sept 2008 .my self and my now wife and her mom we go outing for two days like hill station. and i spend almost two week with family. we have a that time picture and hotle bill too.

but when we answer the hand out by affidavit we are forget to explain that . may be that help us . now i am thinking but i have to do now can some one explain me please . thanks

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Pls note that the OP is indian and marrying this way is an Indian thing: it's their practice, their culture. I worked with a lot of Indian ladies who married their partners within two months after their first meeting. This is how they do it and we should respect that. Arranged/Fixed marriage is still being practiced in most part of India.

Is this part correct

Married on 3/31/2010.....exactly 33 days later...this is the first time meeting in person.

Stayed 2 months and 15 days after marriage.....what can you show to prove that you'll spent that time together..

Age difference... Female older than the male? Is the female within child bearing age if she is older...What is the religion/what is your and her culture regarding this? Remember you have stated that this was an arranged marriage.

Luke 1:37 - "For with GOD nothing shall be impossible."

AOS Journey

• 02.25.2012 - AOS, EAD, AP sent
  • 02.29.2012 - received text/email receipt notices
  • 03.22.2012 - transferred to CSC
  • 04.19.2012 - biometrics appointment
  • 05.02.2012 - EAD & AP approved
  • 10.19.2012 - AOS approved

K1 Journey

• 05.2000 - met in class - Orlando, FL
  • 05.2011 - K1 filed
  • 11.2011 - K1 visa received
  • 01.2012 - POE/Wedding

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Pls note that the OP is indian and marrying this way is an Indian thing: it's their practice, their culture. I worked with a lot of Indian ladies who married their partners within two months after their first meeting. This is how they do it and we should respect that. Arranged/Fixed marriage is still being practiced in most part of India.

Is this part correct

Luke 1:37 - "For with GOD nothing shall be impossible."

AOS Journey

• 02.25.2012 - AOS, EAD, AP sent
  • 02.29.2012 - received text/email receipt notices
  • 03.22.2012 - transferred to CSC
  • 04.19.2012 - biometrics appointment
  • 05.02.2012 - EAD & AP approved
  • 10.19.2012 - AOS approved

K1 Journey

• 05.2000 - met in class - Orlando, FL
  • 05.2011 - K1 filed
  • 11.2011 - K1 visa received
  • 01.2012 - POE/Wedding

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.