Chris Hu

New Member I just Received NOA2!! Questions!

235 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

basically you'll put together 2 I-864s - one on you, another on the joint sponser. GUZ IV wants to see 3 years of tax/income data, so be prepared to get 3 years worth on both of you. You'll send it all in via EP.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

what do you mean Expedite the I-130? I sent My I-130 through Overnight by Fedex. Does that mean expedite?

Having a file approved in just under 2 months typically only happens when a request to expedite the file is made with USCIS. Sending it overnight by FedEx has nothing to do with that. Expedite means processing of the file happens quickly at a USCIS service center. Expediting a file happens only when requested by a petitioner and if the request meets the USCIS criteria for expedite.

Our journey:

Spoiler

September 2007: Met online via social networking site (MySpace); began exchanging messages.
March 26, 2009: We become a couple!
September 10, 2009: Arrived for first meeting in-person!
June 17, 2010: Arrived for second in-person meeting and start of travel together to other areas of China!
June 21, 2010: Engaged!!!
September 1, 2010: Switched course from K1 to CR-1
December 8, 2010: Wedding date set; it will be on February 18, 2011!
February 9, 2011: Depart for China
February 11, 2011: Registered for marriage in Wuhan, officially married!!!
February 18, 2011: Wedding ceremony in Shiyan!!!
April 22, 2011: Mailed I-130 to Chicago
April 28, 2011: Received NOA1 via text/email, file routed to CSC (priority date April 25th)
April 29, 2011: Updated
May 3, 2011: Received NOA1 hardcopy in mail
July 26, 2011: Received NOA2 via text/email!!!
July 30, 2011: Received NOA2 hardcopy in mail
August 8, 2011: NVC received file
September 1, 2011: NVC case number assigned
September 2, 2011: AOS invoice received, OPTIN email for EP sent
September 7, 2011: Paid AOS bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 9, 2011)
September 8, 2011: OPTIN email accepted, GZO number assigned
September 10, 2011: Emailed AOS package
September 12, 2011: IV bill invoiced
September 13, 2011: Paid IV bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 14, 2011)
September 14, 2011: Emailed IV package
October 3, 2011: Emailed checklist response (checklist generated due to typo on Form DS-230)
October 6, 2011: Case complete at NVC
November 10, 2011: Interview - APPROVED!!!
December 7, 2011: POE - Sea-Tac Airport

September 17, 2013: Mailed I-751 to CSC

September 23, 2013: Received NOA1 in mail (receipt date September 19th)

October 16, 2013: Biometrics Appointment

January 28, 2014: Production of new Green Card ordered

February 3, 2014: New Green Card received; done with USCIS until fall of 2023*

December 18, 2023:  Filed I-90 to renew Green Card

December 21, 2023:  Production of new Green Card ordered - will be seeing USCIS again every 10 years for renewal

Grats on getting your NOA2 and becoming a member!

Since your wife lives in China, then you're eligible for electronic processing, which can save you weeks. Please read this guide: http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Electronic_Processing There's a whole process of opting in, paying two bills ($88 and $404), and sending two packages (AOS and IV).

If you have any specific questions, just ask away. I did EP as well, but it's a little different for China, but I'll try my best to help you if you have any questions :)

Same here in the way of help, but that was fast to get NOA 2.......

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

Thanks for the reply. One very important questions is about I-864 because I dont have enough income to support my wife. I am going to use the Joint Supporter.

So what's the different and change or Notice I should care when I use Eletronic Processing??

And what should I know if I am using the Joint Supporter...??

Really! Read the guides. Read the I-864 instructions. Most of what you need to know is there. AFTER you do the homework, you'll have questions but do the homework first.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Timeline

Now I know what u guys mean Expedite! Actually I just sent the explanation about How I go back to CHINA visit my wife every year. Send them the Pictures and videos we are being together all the times. That's it. I dont know that helps or not, but it looks help. LOL.

By the way, Can I have your facebook and QQ number ? Darnell?? Then maybe you can help me specifically? Thank you!

Timeline

Chris - no, sorry, I don't do Facebook and my qq # is private.

If you have specific questions, post here, someone can answer them.

If you like to read, here's a longish dialoge between myself and DJ Walker, we covered every aspect of what yer about to do:

DJ Walker - http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/251451-uscis-nvc/

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Timeline

Now I know what u guys mean Expedite! Actually I just sent the explanation about How I go back to CHINA visit my wife every year. Send them the Pictures and videos we are being together all the times. That's it. I dont know that helps or not, but it looks help. LOL.

By the way, Can I have your facebook and QQ number ? Darnell?? Then maybe you can help me specifically? Thank you!

Really, read the guides and applicable instructions and then post your remaining questions here where others can benefit from the discussion.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

From what you post here, I am concluding that you did not make a specific expedite request. Looks like the file somehow made it to an adjudicators desk ahead of some of the others. The explanation you sent is what is known as an Evolution of Relationship letter (EOR). If you sent video, it likely will never have been viewed.

Our journey:

Spoiler

September 2007: Met online via social networking site (MySpace); began exchanging messages.
March 26, 2009: We become a couple!
September 10, 2009: Arrived for first meeting in-person!
June 17, 2010: Arrived for second in-person meeting and start of travel together to other areas of China!
June 21, 2010: Engaged!!!
September 1, 2010: Switched course from K1 to CR-1
December 8, 2010: Wedding date set; it will be on February 18, 2011!
February 9, 2011: Depart for China
February 11, 2011: Registered for marriage in Wuhan, officially married!!!
February 18, 2011: Wedding ceremony in Shiyan!!!
April 22, 2011: Mailed I-130 to Chicago
April 28, 2011: Received NOA1 via text/email, file routed to CSC (priority date April 25th)
April 29, 2011: Updated
May 3, 2011: Received NOA1 hardcopy in mail
July 26, 2011: Received NOA2 via text/email!!!
July 30, 2011: Received NOA2 hardcopy in mail
August 8, 2011: NVC received file
September 1, 2011: NVC case number assigned
September 2, 2011: AOS invoice received, OPTIN email for EP sent
September 7, 2011: Paid AOS bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 9, 2011)
September 8, 2011: OPTIN email accepted, GZO number assigned
September 10, 2011: Emailed AOS package
September 12, 2011: IV bill invoiced
September 13, 2011: Paid IV bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 14, 2011)
September 14, 2011: Emailed IV package
October 3, 2011: Emailed checklist response (checklist generated due to typo on Form DS-230)
October 6, 2011: Case complete at NVC
November 10, 2011: Interview - APPROVED!!!
December 7, 2011: POE - Sea-Tac Airport

September 17, 2013: Mailed I-751 to CSC

September 23, 2013: Received NOA1 in mail (receipt date September 19th)

October 16, 2013: Biometrics Appointment

January 28, 2014: Production of new Green Card ordered

February 3, 2014: New Green Card received; done with USCIS until fall of 2023*

December 18, 2023:  Filed I-90 to renew Green Card

December 21, 2023:  Production of new Green Card ordered - will be seeing USCIS again every 10 years for renewal

Timeline

I have the new question is that Since some File has to be send by my Wife's Email account. Can I fill the form for her and just let her signature and I used her email account to do all the stuff for her. She is bad at computer..

I am going to call NVC today and try to get GUZ NUMBER and tell them use EDI.

I will keep update and I hope you guys can help me through this NVC journey!

Thank you!

Timeline

I have the new question is that Since some File has to be send by my Wife's Email account. Can I fill the form for her and just let her signature and I used her email account to do all the stuff for her. She is bad at computer..

I am going to call NVC today and try to get GUZ NUMBER and tell them use EDI.

I will keep update and I hope you guys can help me through this NVC journey!

Thank you!

Yes, you can do anything for your wife except sign forms. Evidently you have not yet studied the instructions, as you do not request Electronic processing by phone.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

Timeline

I studied.. Maybe not complete enough. I am poor at English. I may miss some factor. Sorry about the abusing questions.

I just try to call NVC. 603-334-0700. Busy tone. Can not connect.

And How can I tell them our email if I am not telling them we are using Electronic processing. Just get the Guz number from NVC and send them the optin Email?

Timeline

I studied.. Maybe not complete enough. I am poor at English. I may miss some factor. Sorry about the abusing questions.

I just try to call NVC. 603-334-0700. Busy tone. Can not connect.

And How can I tell them our email if I am not telling them we are using Electronic processing. Just get the Guz number from NVC and send them the optin Email?

Yes, to the bold above. Monday is a busy day. Just keep trying or wait until tonight.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

Timeline

what many people do (in yahoo email)

is set up the email, save in draft folder

then PRC spouse SEND it via email.

Timeline

what many people do (in yahoo email)

is set up the email, save in draft folder

then PRC spouse SEND it via email.

Spouse logging in to spouse email is fine too. Actually, as long as the optin email contains the full names and dates of birth of both parties, they'll accept anything from anybody's email. Really, yes.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

Timeline

I got the Update news. I have GUZ number right now. But When i tell the operator I wanna use EDI.( Maybe I miss understand her meaning) Her probably means it's not the time for doing OPTIN yet. Maybe not completely ready for my case. Question is :

Should I listen to her or I should do the OPT in right now regardless what she said?? Or she actually needs to give me the DS-3032 kit??

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.