TeddyHoney

For K-1 VISA at Manila, Philippines

13 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

My fiancee and I are confused. We have our MNL case number, she has her passport and she has paid her VISA fees and has the bPI payment receipt. We would like to schedule her interview appoinment online but we don;t seem to know what is needed to do that. It seems that you have to complete a DS-160 form online first to get a CEAC Barcode number. But I also read that K-1 VISA filers do not need to do a DS-160. So does that mean K-1 VISA filers at Manila cannot schedule thier K-1 VISA interview appointments online? Is the VISA application the DS-160 form?

So. Can K-1 VISA applicants from the Philippines make thier K-1 VISA interview appointments online? If so, then how do they go about doing that? (What sites t go to and what information is needed in hand to be prepared to do so.

10/17/2008 - First Contact via message in CB

03/15/2009 - Engaged

05/15/2009 - First meeting in person (I traveled to Philippines)

10/05/2010 - Sent I-129F package to Fiancee VISA service for review and forwarding

12/08/2011 - Interview - Approved!

12/20/2011 - VISA in hand! (Never showed up in 2go online tracking!)

01/04/2012 - POE San Francisco(SFO)I met her there.

01/05/2012 - We're Home!

02/14/2012 - Married Valentine's Day 2012!

05/04/2012 - Mailed AOS/EAD/AP packages via FedEx ground

07/26/2012 - EAD/AP Combo card received

"TeddyHoney and SqueezyBear"

(Derrick and Ritchie)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Correct, the consulate will schedule the interview.

MORE: http://manila.usembassy.gov/wwwh3023.html

K-1 is handled by the IMMIGRANT visa unit. The online system has to do with Visitor and Business visa types, like B-1, B-2 visas.

Moving this to the regional specific forum...

Edited by YuAndDan

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

Timeline

My fiancee and I are confused. We have our MNL case number, she has her passport and she has paid her VISA fees and has the bPI payment receipt. We would like to schedule her interview appoinment online but we don;t seem to know what is needed to do that. It seems that you have to complete a DS-160 form online first to get a CEAC Barcode number. But I also read that K-1 VISA filers do not need to do a DS-160. So does that mean K-1 VISA filers at Manila cannot schedule thier K-1 VISA interview appointments online? Is the VISA application the DS-160 form?

So. Can K-1 VISA applicants from the Philippines make thier K-1 VISA interview appointments online? If so, then how do they go about doing that? (What sites t go to and what information is needed in hand to be prepared to do so.

If its asking you CEAC barcode, then you are at the wrong page. K1'ers doesnt use DS-160. Try this page this is the right one. fill it in and you may wanna try several times and play with dates of the BPI payment. sometimes using the date that you paid doesnt work. mine took 2 to 3 days from the time i paid so instead of 21 they had to encode 24. i wasnt having luck in scheduling online either and was frustrated in getting a sched to so persisted calling and there found why my info wasnt working coz i kept on putting 21. heres the link http://www.ustraveldocs.com//US-philippines/UI/IMV/IMVValidation.aspx?P=e5yRtEQ1OV5SBnscDwKTWAoThOaI50JV5rfr02mex0s=

goodluck and i hope it helps. if not better try calling them

Earn a $15 Gift Card!http://refer.xoom.com/a/clk/2BjwkwUse ENJOYDEC code to send free :)

Timeline

If its asking you CEAC barcode, then you are at the wrong page. K1'ers doesnt use DS-160. Try this page this is the right one. fill it in and you may wanna try several times and play with dates of the BPI payment. sometimes using the date that you paid doesnt work. mine took 2 to 3 days from the time i paid so instead of 21 they had to encode 24. i wasnt having luck in scheduling online either and was frustrated in getting a sched to so persisted calling and there found why my info wasnt working coz i kept on putting 21. heres the link http://www.ustraveldocs.com//US-philippines/UI/IMV/IMVValidation.aspx?P=e5yRtEQ1OV5SBnscDwKTWAoThOaI50JV5rfr02mex0s=

goodluck and i hope it helps. if not better try calling them

Thanks! This is the page we started out on. We got stuck on "Case Type Number". What is this? What did you use?

03/15/2009 - Engaged

10/05/2010 - Sent I-129F package to Fiancee VISA service for review and forwarding

01/05/2012 - We're Home!

(Derrick and Ritchie)

Timeline

Thanks! This is the page we started out on. We got stuck on "Case Type Number". What is this? What did you use?

if i remember it correctly its the manila case numebr

Earn a $15 Gift Card!http://refer.xoom.com/a/clk/2BjwkwUse ENJOYDEC code to send free :)

are you using the K-Visa Scheduling Link on this webpage?

http://www.ustraveldocs.com/ph/ScheduleanAppointment.html

US Embassy Manila website. bringing your spouse/fiancee to USA

http://manila.usembassy.gov/wwwh3204.html

Timeline

are you using the K-Visa Scheduling Link on this webpage?

http://www.ustraveldocs.com/ph/ScheduleanAppointment.html

Yes, and its saying my "Case Type Number" is invalid. I sthis the MNL Case number?

if i remember it correctly its the manila case numebr

Okay thanks. I'm using that and its saying its invalid. Maybe I am inputting the number incorrectly. I'm using this format - MNLXXXXXXXXXX

03/15/2009 - Engaged

01/05/2012 - We're Home!

(Derrick and Ritchie)

it's possible your MNL Case Number has not yet been entered into the appointment system.

US Embassy Manila website. bringing your spouse/fiancee to USA

http://manila.usembassy.gov/wwwh3204.html

Timeline

it's possible your MNL Case Number has not yet been entered into the appointment system.

shes right, did u guys receive the eligibility email from the USEM?

if not try emailing them, just say you got your manila case number, paid BPI and wanna know when you can schedule and interview. I remember calling them about it and when your file is not yet in their system neither them can do the scheduling. but its always good to email or call to know whats going on.

Timeline

That could be. My fiancee has not yet received the letter/package 4 or whatever from the USEM. We thought we could schedule since we have the MNL case number and paid the VISA fees. Maybe we'll give it a couple more days. Guess we have to cuz the system is not taking our information right now.

Thanks!

03/15/2009 - Engaged

01/05/2012 - We're Home!

(Derrick and Ritchie)

Timeline

shes right, did u guys receive the eligibility email from the USEM?

if not try emailing them, just say you got your manila case number, paid BPI and wanna know when you can schedule and interview. I remember calling them about it and when your file is not yet in their system neither them can do the scheduling. but its always good to email or call to know whats going on.

No she did not get anything from the USEM yet. We thought we could schedule online already because we have MNL# and paid the VISA fees. So we will wait a few days and in the meantime I will e-mail the Embassy as you suggest. What is the best e-mail address to use and what should the subject be?

Thanks!

03/15/2009 - Engaged

01/05/2012 - We're Home!

(Derrick and Ritchie)

Timeline

No she did not get anything from the USEM yet. We thought we could schedule online already because we have MNL# and paid the VISA fees. So we will wait a few days and in the meantime I will e-mail the Embassy as you suggest. What is the best e-mail address to use and what should the subject be?

Thanks!

I have emailed both email add below. Be patient though as most of the times specially when they dont have your case yet they will just fload you with automated replies no matter how many times you email them. But once they see your case in the system they write you back with the eligibility letter saying you are now eligible to schedule an interview online or by phone. Subject? i put mine as problem in online scheduling. also make you you add you & your fiance' info like bithdate, name, case number and contact numbers and email address

support-philippines@ustraveldocs.com and IVManilaReplies@state.gov

Timeline

I have emailed both email add below. Be patient though as most of the times specially when they dont have your case yet they will just fload you with automated replies no matter how many times you email them. But once they see your case in the system they write you back with the eligibility letter saying you are now eligible to schedule an interview online or by phone. Subject? i put mine as problem in online scheduling. also make you you add you & your fiance' info like bithdate, name, case number and contact numbers and email address

support-philippines@ustraveldocs.com and IVManilaReplies@state.gov

Okay. Thanks a lot for all your help. I think I'm good for now. I think you guys are correct in that the case has not been added tot he USEM system yet. I will e-mail though.

Thanks again!

Thanks for all the help and advice. I think you all are correct in that our case has not yet been entered intot he USEM system. I will inquire by e-mail tot he USEMa nd just wait a few more days and then try again to schedule online.

Thanks again!

03/15/2009 - Engaged

01/05/2012 - We're Home!

(Derrick and Ritchie)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.