iampatricias

Waiting for our passports from Montreal

Passport wait times  

299 members have voted

1. 1. How long did you wait for your passport after your Montreal interview?

• 1-3 business days
    • 4-7 business days
    • 8-10 business days
    • 11-14 business days
    • More than 14 business days - they were just very slow.
    • More than 14 business days - my circumstances were exceptional.
  2. 2. If your wait was longer than expected, what do you think caused the delay?

• The US Consulate in Montreal caused the delay.
    • DHL delivery caused the delay.
    • All of the above.
    • None of the above. Something else caused the delay.
    • None of the above. I was satisfied with the delivery time.

2,640 posts in this topic

I interviewed and passed 3 days ago. No updates, nothing has changed. The girl who interviewed me told me they would send my passport back the same day due to my job requiring me to have one. I called the DOS just now and the lady takes my case number and puts me on hold. She comes back and says you can't contact me for info you have to contact Montreal Consulate for any info. What is going on?

Just try calling again and maybe a different operator will help you.

You can also email the consulate asking what's going on.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Lchoi85, I don't think you should worry at all. You will get u r visa but you probably have to wait until end of this month. Try to enjoy your remaining days in canada. Stay positive.

Thanks! I am still kind of stressed and anxious. Recently received an email saying that the Consulate is experiencing a huge delay in reviewing mail. Who knows where my case stands but I am trying very hard to stay hopeful and positive.

• 1 month later...
Filed: Timeline

Hey guys,

sorry i dont have the time to go through this thread and I already posted this question on another thread I found but you'll forgive because I'm a newbie? Right? I hope so.

OK. I had my interview yesterday at Ottawa. I am flying to NY from Montreal. I meant to fly TOMORROW. I know, it's crazy tight. But here's what the site says:

2012-03-08 17:30 Depart Facility NEPEAN

2012-03-08 17:25 Facility Scan NEPEAN

2012-03-08 17:12 TRANSIT THROUGH LOOMIS FACILITY NEPEAN

2012-03-08 17:08 Picked Up by Loomis NEPEAN

2012-03-08 00:00 Shipment Record Received NEPEAN

So basically, do you guys think I'll be able to pick up my visa tomorrow at Dorval in the morning and make my flight at 3PM? Otherwise ill have to cancel the flight and pay a fee boooo. But is there hope?

Thanks!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I think it was just the timing of the batch of visas they did and my interview/where I live. DHL only takes about one day to get from their Dorval office to their Burnside office. I haven't picked it up, yet, though. It is a bit of a drive.

X3NUm4.png

So um. We're dumb. We got an email the day after our interview saying that Loomis had my husband's passport but that it wasn't ready for pick up yet. We assumed that we'd get another email saying when it was ready for pick up. I was getting worried that we hadn't heard anything so I just now checked this thread for that "undeliverable" message, only to find that it actually means "ready for pick up." It was "undeliverable" the day after our interview, so I guess technically it only took 1 business day to get it back (we are in Montreal). We've been the slow part of this equation. :bonk:

So um. We're dumb. We got an email the day after our interview saying that Loomis had my husband's passport but that it wasn't ready for pick up yet. We assumed that we'd get another email saying when it was ready for pick up. I was getting worried that we hadn't heard anything so I just now checked this thread for that "undeliverable" message, only to find that it actually means "ready for pick up." It was "undeliverable" the day after our interview, so I guess technically it only took 1 business day to get it back (we are in Montreal). We've been the slow part of this equation. :bonk:

Oh, wow laughing.gif

• 3 weeks later...
Timeline

Well, it's been a long, strange couple of months that has delayed my husband sending his passport to the Consulate for processing. First, his brother was moving out of country (US -> Hong Kong) and my husband needed to be able to assist him with transportation and storage, etc. Then, his mother fell and broke her leg while on her winter vacation in the US, and he had to travel to aid her for a month and then travel back with her.

Today he took his passport to Loomis as he is finally ready and able to emigrate. So here I am, back on the forums, looking for guidance on what to expect. The Consulate should receive his passport tomorrow. We hope for a quick turnaround, because...

His dog (here in the US and living with me) is dying. It's a matter of time, and my husband is distraught. The sooner he can be with her, the better, obviously.

I hope we're one of the lucky cases that sees a 1-3 day turnaround. I wouldn't expect that considering our luck thus far...

USC attempting to obtain GC for Canadian husband

event.png

Apr 11, 2011: I-130 filed
Jul 11, 2011: I-130 approved
Aug 18, 2011: NVC process begins
Oct 6, 2011: NVC process completed
Nov 4, 2011: Interview date assigned
Dec 2, 2011: Interview at Consulate (Result: AP - No reason given on 221g)
Feb 7, 2012: Passport requested by Consulate
(...Husband needed passport for personal reasons during this time...)
Apr 9, 2012: Passport mailed to Consulate
Apr 25, 2012: Visa issued
May 1, 2012: Visa in hand
May 31, 2012: POE at Montreal's Trudeau Airport
Early July: Physical Green Card received in mail. Yes, it's green!

March 13, 2014: ROC filed (went to VSC)

March 17, 2014: NOA

April 22, 2014: Biometrics appointment

December 9, 2014: Case inquiry initiated

December 11, 2014: Response: "The processing of your case has been delayed. A check of our records establishes that your case is not yet ready for decision, as the required security checks remain pending."

March 14, 2014: Received NOA that approval had been given on March 10; expect new GC within 60 days.

Timeline

I just submitted the passport with required AOS and domicile proof on Thursday at Brampton location. Will see how long this will take. I am hoping to get my passport/visa back by 23rd of April the latest. I have to appear for couple of job interviews later in that week in US.

Has anyone here had a temp refusal and then resubmitted the docs/pp ?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.