SunShowers87

Relying on investments for I-134 - is this sufficient?

9 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Italy
Timeline

So here's my question:

I have not had a stable income for a while...I've had a part time job, then I've lost it. It isn't enough to be considered.

HOWEVER: I have proof of $49,000 worth of investment money in mutual funds....under my name, exclusively, and my financial advisor can write a note saying the money can be liquidized in 12 months, if I tell him it's necessary.

This is way over the poverty line, as I have no dependents...

Does anyone think this will pose a problem, since I'm relying almost totally on my investment money??

**I was going to have his sister, a LPR, to sign as a co-sponsor just in case....she makes $24,000, and has a daughter. However, she had her Green Card stolen with her purse about 5 months ago, and the Green Card is still processing. She has no photocopies. So until that comes, I assume she can't sign a co-sponsor form...

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

If relying solely on assets they need to total 3 x 125% poverty line. ($54,636 (48 states), $68,286 (AK) $62,850 (HI))

http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/i-864p.pdf

Assets need to equal 3 times the difference between income and 125% poverty-line, so if income falls 1000 short of 125% povertyline assets need to be $3000. OR of income is $0 then assets need to be 3 times 125% poverty-line for where you live.

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Moving to consulate forum, I-134 comes up at time of visa interview, not when filing an I-129F

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: India
Timeline

For two people, you'd need around $55k in assets.

03/27/2009: Engaged in Ithaca, New York.
08/17/2009: Wedding in Calcutta, India.
09/29/2009: I-130 NOA1
01/25/2010: I-130 NOA2
03/23/2010: Case completed.
05/12/2010: CR-1 interview at Mumbai, India.
05/20/2010: US Entry, Chicago.
03/01/2012: ROC NOA1.
03/26/2012: Biometrics completed.
12/07/2012: 10 year card production ordered.

09/25/2013: N-400 NOA1

10/16/2013: Biometrics completed

12/03/2013: Interview

12/20/2013: Oath ceremony

event.png

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

For two people, you'd need around $55k in assets.

Right. The factor is a minimum of three times the income shortfall. If income is zero then three times the income requirement for the household size. The minimum household size is two.

Right, your proposed cosponsor would need evidence of LPR status but the petition isn't even filed yet, so she'll have the green card before it's needed.

Edited by pushbrk

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Moving to consulate forum, I-134 comes up at time of visa interview, not when filing an I-129F

and merged with a duplicate post from OP along with answers posted in another thread so that all of the answers are in one location.

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Timeline

And if I get hired for this job within the next week, and start in January....what will I need? Last year's tax returns will not show this new job. And I will most definitely be making above the poverty line. The last three paychecks, and a copy of my work contract?

This way we wont have to rely on his sister, who doesn't make much.

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

And if I get hired for this job within the next week, and start in January....what will I need? Last year's tax returns will not show this new job. And I will most definitely be making above the poverty line. The last three paychecks, and a copy of my work contract?

This way we wont have to rely on his sister, who doesn't make much.

Sure, your offer letter and a couple current pay stubs (not paychecks) will be fine but again, you submit those at or just before the interview, not with the petition.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Timeline

Right, thanks everyone. I knew it was for the interview, but I just wanted to make sure I was well-informed before starting the whole process....and then realizing halfway through that I don't have what it takes, and have to make other arrangements in advance.

I'd prefer to have everything at least in order before even starting the application so there's no surprises.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.