Gilles

Sending money to your wife's family for hospital expenses

170 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

My thoughts?

You have been putting up with her ####### for over a year, and then whining about it here on VJ.

You are foolishly trying to out-manipulate a master manipulator.

Why haven't you been to counseling yourself so you can find out why you continue to put up with her #######?

I wouldn't put up with her attitude for a nano-second.

Sheesh...

Then what would you do if your SO handled money in an irresponsible manner as my SO does?

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Iran
Timeline

Then what would you do if your SO handled money in an irresponsible manner as my SO does?

you know what i would do?i would tell her to live off her own income for three months,see how it goes,IF she didnt change her ways,i would divorce her,because your wife has history

but you need quit asking people what would they do,you are an adult with your own brain,do what you think is right. ( obviously you think keeping up with her will eventually change her. )

Can't change stupid, and can't negotiate with crazy.... Pardon me for that... I just read it lol.

SzIKm4.png
4202e493-922b-4a14-a1b7-438a49a69f71_zps0b740bfd-4829-475c-92b2-ceedfc991843_zps

Chains do not hold a marriage together. It is threads, hundreds of tiny threads which sew people together through the years.

you know what i would do?i would tell her to live off her own income for three months,see how it goes,IF she didnt change her ways,i would divorce her,because your wife has history

but you need quit asking people what would they do,you are an adult with your own brain,do what you think is right. ( obviously you think keeping up with her will eventually change her

1205099zhwi7s2bb3.gif

N-400:
May 9, 2017: N-400 packet was sent
May 15, 2017: NOA1 
June 05, 2017: Biometric Done
June 19, 2017: Case is in Line for an Interview
June 25, 2018: USCIS Scheduled an Interview
Aug. 02, 2018: Interview Date- APPROVED!
Aug. 09, 2018: Oath Ceremony

My Group

My Blog

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

my first wife was very irresponsible with money, caused huuuuge arguments and finally when we got divorced (more than just money) i felt financial freedom again. Now i have saved and saved purchased my first home, met a beautiful new woman who is young and responsible (the two words rarely go for americanized women ) and looking forward to the future.

sucks to go half way around the world and wind up with the type of women you coulda found in your own backyard.

Life is full of choices if you love her then fine, but love can only take you so far before your sanity is thrown out the window.

I-129F Sent : 2010-07-17

I-129F NOA1 : 2010-07-23

Touch: 2010-08-02

Touch: 2010-10-03

NOA2: 2010-01-10

Interview: 2011-02-08 - Approved

Visa Printed: 2011-02-10

Sent to 2Go: 2011-02-14 (scheduled for noon delivery as per consulate)

Pckup @ 2Go: 2011-02-15 (Will hold at routing Hub for same day pick up)

POE (LAX): 2011-02-16

Timeline
She goes to church and says she believes in God. She even goes to Bible study and participates in kids groups for her church. I've tried explaining to her that her behavior is in conflict with what the Bible says, and she replies with something like, "you don't even believe in God", as if my belief somehow makes the Bible apply less to her. If she's even a neophyte Christian, she should know that the beliefs of others have absolutely no impact on how much she should adhere to what the Bible says if she wants to be a good Christian. Then again, she has said because she is a Christian, she can engage in sinful behavior - lie to me, steal from me, treat me badly, etc. - and still be forgiven. From that, it seems to me that she looks at Christianity as a license to be bad.

It may be useful for you to learn a few things about what the Bible says, so you can help her to learn more about what she claims to believe. One of two things will likely happen: She will realize that she needs to change and change. Or, she will realize (perhaps subconsciously) that she does not actually want to accept it, and will become worse.

The Bible teaches a family hierarchy. The man has the authority and the responsibility as head of the household. The situation you face is evidence as to why this is a good guideline. Men are commanded to Love their wives, while women are commanded to Respect their husbands. The concept of respect comes naturally to men, but not to women; and the ability to love obviously is how women are built, but not so much men. Women have to "work" at being respectful, and men have to "work" at being loving. If both the man and the woman concentrate on this, the marriage will flourish. Men have to learn to ask themselves "will saying or doing this make my wife feel loved?", while women must ask themselves "will my husband feel that respect him?". Very often wives will say "he has to earn my respect first!", but then this leads to men having a very hard time being loving to a woman who disrespects him.

Also, regarding her "license to be bad". If she is using forgiveness as an excuse to do whatever she wants, then I feel the need to ask what denomination she follows? Knowing this will help me compare what she believes with what the Bible actually teaches, if you would like to help her understand it better. Only a few denominations teach that one can do whatever they want, whenever they want, and just use forgiveness to absolve all responsibility. This is very clearly not how forgiveness and repentance work according to the Bible. We are not forgiven if we intend to do whatever it was again. Forgiveness is freely given, but we have to actually repent in order to receive it. Repentance means not merely acknowledging wrongdoing, but also desiring to never do it again.

On the bright side, it means she at least knows that what she is doing is bad, if she knows there is a need to be forgiven for it.

Also, you can suggest to her that she pray for God's guidance in her decisions (which specifically opposes a common attitude of making selfish decisions and then praying for help in executing them)

If it would help, I can provide Bible references for all of these.

My thoughts?

You have been putting up with her ####### for over a year, and then whining about it here on VJ.

You are foolishly trying to out-manipulate a master manipulator.

Why haven't you been to counseling yourself so you can find out why you continue to put up with her #######?

There's nothing wrong with him coming here seeking advice from others. Some people go to bars and "whine" to the bartender, or their buddies, or whoever else. Some people use internet forums. I personally don't call it whining. For one, I don't think I was involved in his previous threads, so in the off chance that I (or anyone else who has encountered it for the first time in this particular thread) happen to offer one useful bit of advice, his posting another thread here was surely worthwhile.

There's also nothing wrong with him putting up with her for an eternity. It's that thing called love. See my signature regarding the definition of love.

You may be right about trying to out-manipulate the manipulator, but maybe we can collectively with that.

______

-Kevin

Love is not just a feeling, it is the actions showing kindness, caring, and concern, even when you don't feel like it.

Truth and Prayer our faith blog

We are both Seventh-Day Adventist Christians.

What does that mean?? Please feel free to ask me, I'd be more than happy to share.

- our beliefs - SDA fundamentals - we follow the Bible! -

- does hell burn forever? - what happens when you die? - Bible prophecy Truth -

- Sabbath Truth -

It may be useful for you to learn a few things about what the Bible says, so you can help her to learn more about what she claims to believe. One of two things will likely happen: She will realize that she needs to change and change. Or, she will realize (perhaps subconsciously) that she does not actually want to accept it, and will become worse.

The Bible teaches a family hierarchy. The man has the authority and the responsibility as head of the household. The situation you face is evidence as to why this is a good guideline. Men are commanded to Love their wives, while women are commanded to Respect their husbands. The concept of respect comes naturally to men, but not to women; and the ability to love obviously is how women are built, but not so much men. Women have to "work" at being respectful, and men have to "work" at being loving. If both the man and the woman concentrate on this, the marriage will flourish. Men have to learn to ask themselves "will saying or doing this make my wife feel loved?", while women must ask themselves "will my husband feel that respect him?". Very often wives will say "he has to earn my respect first!", but then this leads to men having a very hard time being loving to a woman who disrespects him.

Also, regarding her "license to be bad". If she is using forgiveness as an excuse to do whatever she wants, then I feel the need to ask what denomination she follows? Knowing this will help me compare what she believes with what the Bible actually teaches, if you would like to help her understand it better. Only a few denominations teach that one can do whatever they want, whenever they want, and just use forgiveness to absolve all responsibility. This is very clearly not how forgiveness and repentance work according to the Bible. We are not forgiven if we intend to do whatever it was again. Forgiveness is freely given, but we have to actually repent in order to receive it. Repentance means not merely acknowledging wrongdoing, but also desiring to never do it again.

On the bright side, it means she at least knows that what she is doing is bad, if she knows there is a need to be forgiven for it.

Also, you can suggest to her that she pray for God's guidance in her decisions (which specifically opposes a common attitude of making selfish decisions and then praying for help in executing them)

If it would help, I can provide Bible references for all of these.

There's nothing wrong with him coming here seeking advice from others. Some people go to bars and "whine" to the bartender, or their buddies, or whoever else. Some people use internet forums. I personally don't call it whining. For one, I don't think I was involved in his previous threads, so in the off chance that I (or anyone else who has encountered it for the first time in this particular thread) happen to offer one useful bit of advice, his posting another thread here was surely worthwhile.

There's also nothing wrong with him putting up with her for an eternity. It's that thing called love. See my signature regarding the definition of love.

You may be right about trying to out-manipulate the manipulator, but maybe we can collectively with that.

I think he was given enough advice, thoughts and opinion here on vj. If you love a person you wouldnt let that person be like that right? He just kept tolerating his wife and I think its not because of love anymore. I think maybe he is just afraid that her wife would leave her thats why he kept tolerating his wife. He has been talking about his wife here on vj and I think its not love. I think he just love to talk and is too weak to be a man. thats all.

I am tossing between handling this one of two ways. She's working part time, making some $1200 to $1500 net per month. When she deposits her money, she puts about half in her checking account and takes about half of it cash back. So I'm beginning to think she didn't borrow the money in question, but took it out of this cash reserve accumulated from her "cash back" when she made deposits.

So I'm thinking about doing one of two things, as she isn't paying a reasonable amount towards our household bills.

1) Set up another account with her bank and as soon as she makes a deposit, immediately transfer it under my control.

2) Tell her she needs to contribute X dollars per months to the household bills (including auto insurance) and if she doesn't, then simply take her off the insurance policy & take away the keys.

Any thoughts?

You really have to sit down with her and make her face the fact regarding your financial status. She has to accept the fact that she did not marry a rich guy. And she has to keep her butt moving if she wants to have luxurious life.

It is unfortunate that you married a woman who thinks you have a money pit she could withdraw from. And it is unfortunate that she married a guy who is not rich enough for her.

If you want to keep your marriage, she has to work on it too. If she is not willing to help you, she is not worth it. You both deserve someone else.

K1 Process:

May 1, 2008 Submitted I-129F to CSC

May 8, 2008 Received by CSC

May 9, 2008 NOA1

May 18, 2008 Touched

October 9, 2008 RFE

October 28, 2008 RFE Reply

October 29, 2008 Touched

October 30, 2008 Touched

November 1, 2008 NOA2 (HardCopy)

November 11, 2008 Letter from NVC (Hardcopy)

November 14 & 17, 2008 Medical (Passed)

November 26, 2008 Interview (Passed)

December 5, 2008 Visa Received

December 23, 2008 US Entry (POE: Hawaii)

February 7, 2009 Private Wedding

AOS Process:

March 9, 2009 Mailed AOS Application via Express Mail (I-485, I-765, I-131)

March 10, 2009 USPS confirmed that AOS application was delivered and received in Chicago

March 18, 2009 Received NOA for AOS, EAD and AP

April 8, 2009 Biometrics Done

April 27, 2009 AP Approved

May 1, 2009 AP received in the mail

May 2, 2009 EAD card received in the mail

May 29, 2009 AOS interview (Approved)

June 29, 2009 GC received

ROC Process

March 1, 2011 Mailed I-175 Application via Express Mail

March 4 ,2011 NOA for I-175

April 05,2011 Biometrics [Early Biometrics March 22, 2011]

April 21,2011 Approval

April 27,2011 10 Year Green Card Received

Naturalization Process

March 6, 2012 Mailed N-400 Application via Express Mail

[/size]

Last night she noticed that her bank account was overdrawn and she blamed me. She accused me of giving her no notice that I was using her account to pay bills and I made it clear that she gave me no notice that she was going to send large sums of money to her family in the Philippines. She said it was OK because it was her money and not our money whereupon I corrected her by saying it was our money. I asked her how she got the money to send to her family and she said she borrowed it. So I asked who she borrowed it from and she said, "my boyfriend" (I'm pretty sure that was just a sarcastic response) and I asked what happens if we don't pay it back. She said they would kill her if she doesn't pay it back. So she has asked me to put money into her bank account so it isn't overdrawn. Please tell me if I'm wrong, but it's clear to me that she needs to be taught a lesson and I'd be foolish to replenish her account. She just doesn't seem to get it that our needs must come first!

sucks to go half way around the world and wind up with the type of women you coulda found in your own backyard.

Are you up with the times on why men go overseas to find a bride? Most of the men I know who married Filipina women admit they got fed up with all the game playing that goes on with dating and/or romancing an American woman.

Timeline

Are you up with the times on why men go overseas to find a bride? Most of the men I know who married Filipina women admit they got fed up with all the game playing that goes on with dating and/or romancing an American woman.

My point exactly.

and at this point, im sorry but i no longer believe this to be a real scenario. NO ONE could be this dense.

I-129F Sent : 2010-07-17

I-129F NOA1 : 2010-07-23

Touch: 2010-08-02

Touch: 2010-10-03

NOA2: 2010-01-10

Interview: 2011-02-08 - Approved

Visa Printed: 2011-02-10

Sent to 2Go: 2011-02-14 (scheduled for noon delivery as per consulate)

Pckup @ 2Go: 2011-02-15 (Will hold at routing Hub for same day pick up)

POE (LAX): 2011-02-16

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi Gilles!

I assumed the reason why you made this thread is to get advices, opinion as well as ideas on what is really the deal with your situation. Upon reading all the responses that people posted here, if you are not stupid (forgive for the word I used, I just can't think what other word should I use to express my thoughts) then it would be enough for you to analyze your situation. Now, as I observe, you are trying to reason out facts thats already understandable. If you think you already did everything to make things better but the problem didn't really get solution, then its about time to change course of action. My guess, you are in denial of the outcome for whatever course of action you may take. If your situation is what really it is, then you either give her ultimatum and have it happen if she didn't agree to do so or continue with your stupidity. No amount of advices or opinions will ever suffice your search for solution as long as you keep searching instead of making actions to solve your problem.

But if you posted this thread to stretch out with your burden, I guess you have enough. You really sound so stupid now. :bonk:

Lifting Condition (I-751)

09/09/2011 - Sent the package to CSC

09/13/2011 - CSC received the package

09/15/2011 - CSC cashed check and NOA1 Received

09/26/2011 - Biometrics Appointment Notice Date (Sent)

10/13/2011 - Early Biometrics

10/19/2011 - Biometrics Appointment

10/26/2011 - GC expiration

11/25/2011 - Received RFE

11/28/2011 - Sent response to RFE

01/13/2012 - Ordered card production (Approved)

01/19/2012 - 10 yrs GC received

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.