nabilnicole

K1 denied---please help

38 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

K1 was denied in Casablanca Morocco today. I have been to Morocco 2 times in the last 6 months. My fiance brought all the necessary evidence but was still denied. We are thinking he was denied today because he applied for a visitor visa about 2 years ago and was denied. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE if anyone can guide us on what to do now......we feel helpless and don't know where to start!!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Gambia
Timeline

What was the reason they gave for denial? We can't really help with specifics without knowing that. Whatever reason they gave, you have to prove they're wrong and/or overcome whatever obstacle it was.

tumblr_l2zffoq44C1qc5x0yo1_400.jpg

My honey is NIGERIAN and I'm AMERICAN

K1 Journey

07/27/10 Mailed Petition

07/28/10 Petition received at VSC then forwarded to Lewisville, TX (received there 7/29/10)

08/02/10 NOA1 Notice date

08/06/10 Touched

08/07/10 Received NOA1 in mail

08/10/10 Touched

10/03/10 Touched

01/31/11 I-129F Petition APPROVED!!!

02/03/11 Received hard copy of NOA2 (although the envelope is stamped Feb 2...so only one day to get to me :) )

02/07/11 Arrived at NVC

02/07/11 MADE APPOINTMENTS FOR MEDICAL AND INTERVIEW. (Will post actual dates after they occur :) )

02/08/11 Left NVC

02/17/11 Medical

03/01/11 Interview (FH is in AP)

04/12/11 AP COMPLETED!!

04/13/11 FH notified to come to the embassy with his passport!

04/26/11 FH received Visa

04/29/11 FH Arrived in the US!!! JFK POE

06/08/11 MARRIED!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

IMO, if he applied for a visitor visa is no reason to be denied. The CO gave him a refusal sheet (221 g)?

We can all make a difference. Please recycle

por favor no escribas en mayúsculas sostenidas, eso equivale a GRITAR

crazy-cats.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Okay, here are my questions for you which will help us understand your situation better and thus, we will be able to help you better:

a) What was the reason for the denial?

b) Is this a vast age difference between you and your fiance?

c) Did you have a ton of evidence pertaining to your relationship?

Also, the tourist visa denial does not play any role in a decision for K-1.

Please answer the above questions and we all can pitch in and help you!

KnR aka slider100

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Gambia
Timeline

Just a quick thought...if the reason for the tourist visa denial was something that presented itself again with the K1 visa denial, whatever that is would need to be rectified.

tumblr_l2zffoq44C1qc5x0yo1_400.jpg

My honey is NIGERIAN and I'm AMERICAN

K1 Journey

07/27/10 Mailed Petition

07/28/10 Petition received at VSC then forwarded to Lewisville, TX (received there 7/29/10)

08/02/10 NOA1 Notice date

08/06/10 Touched

08/07/10 Received NOA1 in mail

08/10/10 Touched

10/03/10 Touched

01/31/11 I-129F Petition APPROVED!!!

02/03/11 Received hard copy of NOA2 (although the envelope is stamped Feb 2...so only one day to get to me :) )

02/07/11 Arrived at NVC

02/07/11 MADE APPOINTMENTS FOR MEDICAL AND INTERVIEW. (Will post actual dates after they occur :) )

02/08/11 Left NVC

02/17/11 Medical

03/01/11 Interview (FH is in AP)

04/12/11 AP COMPLETED!!

04/13/11 FH notified to come to the embassy with his passport!

04/26/11 FH received Visa

04/29/11 FH Arrived in the US!!! JFK POE

06/08/11 MARRIED!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

K1 was denied in Casablanca Morocco today. I have been to Morocco 2 times in the last 6 months. My fiance brought all the necessary evidence but was still denied. We are thinking he was denied today because he applied for a visitor visa about 2 years ago and was denied. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE if anyone can guide us on what to do now......we feel helpless and don't know where to start!!!!

How did the interview go? What did they ask him? How did he answer? Can you give us more details?

event.png

K1 Visa
Event Date
Service Center : Texas Service Center
Consulate : Morocco
I-129F Sent : 2011-03-07
I-129F NOA2 : 2011-07-08
Interview Date : 2011-11-01
Interview Result : Approved
Visa Received : 2011-11-03
US Entry : 2012-02-28
Marriage : 2012-03-05
AOS sent: 05/16/2012
AOS received USCIS: 5/23/2012
EAD Delivered: 8/3/2012
AOS Interview: 08/20/2012.
Green Card Received: 08/27/2012

ROC Form Sent 07/17/2014

ROC NOA 07/24/2014
ROC Biometrics Appt. 8/21/2014
ROC RFE 10/2014 Evidence sent 1/4/2014

ROC Approval Letter received 1/13/2015

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Visitors visas have not affect really on other visas ( unless you lied one them ) You need to find out what the questions and what his answers were , what they wrote on the denial.

This will not be over quickly. You will not enjoy this.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Nicole~

Check out the MENA forum. There have been a lot of us in your situation. Morocco is a tough consulate. Do you know what questions they asked him? Think of everything you can.

-T

Timeline

ok....my fiance did get a 221g. What does that mean? the co told him she did not think our relationship was real, and that he was just looking for a way to get to USA. She asked him all the usualy questions......about me, my daughter, my work. etc....My fiance said he thought everything was going great. We met online Nov 2009, I have been to see him and his family 2 times. He brought pics of us, me with his family. He brought all of the cards and letters I have sent him. He brought emails, yahoo chats, text messages, airline tickets, baggage claims, copies of my passport......OMG what else do they want?? We even had an immigration service do all of our paperwork for us, costing over $600...............???????????????????

Please help!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

You need to call an immigration attorney. Marc Ellis specializes in denials, I would call him, he recently got my case reaffirmed after being denied. www.marcellislaw.com

Timeline

Okay, here are my questions for you which will help us understand your situation better and thus, we will be able to help you better:

a) What was the reason for the denial?

b) Is this a vast age difference between you and your fiance?

c) Did you have a ton of evidence pertaining to your relationship?

Also, the tourist visa denial does not play any role in a decision for K-1.

Please answer the above questions and we all can pitch in and help you!

KnR aka slider100

I am 38 he is 34............CO said she didnt think our relationship was real, yes he had a ton of evidence. pics, passport, baggabe claims, ticket stubs, emails, texts, yahoo chat, letters,cards. I am at a loss.

IMO, if he applied for a visitor visa is no reason to be denied. The CO gave him a refusal sheet (221 g)?

yes he got 221g--what does that mean?

You need to call an immigration attorney. Marc Ellis specializes in denials, I would call him, he recently got my case reaffirmed after being denied. www.marcellislaw.com

thank you

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

yes he got 221g--what does that mean?

They checked the box for administrative processing (AP)? In that sheet is the entire answer and explanation. AP means is further security checks. It can take from two weeks to several months.

We can all make a difference. Please recycle

por favor no escribas en mayúsculas sostenidas, eso equivale a GRITAR

crazy-cats.jpg

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

I am 38 he is 34............CO said she didnt think our relationship was real, yes he had a ton of evidence. pics, passport, baggabe claims, ticket stubs, emails, texts, yahoo chat, letters,cards. I am at a loss.

thank you

Does he have other family in the US?

How long were your visits?

Write out each question you were asked. The Moroccan Consulate doesn't write the reason on the denial sheet. You will have to try to figure it out based on the questions he was asked. Have him go through the entire interview and every single question one at a time.

Just curious......was he the last interview for the day?

Timeline

Does he have other family in the US?

How long were your visits?

Write out each question you were asked. The Moroccan Consulate doesn't write the reason on the denial sheet. You will have to try to figure it out based on the questions he was asked. Have him go through the entire interview and every single question one at a time.

Just curious......was he the last interview for the day?

He does not have any family in the US. My first visit was 6 days, the second visit was 11 days. I will have to get him to write out all of the questions...he is on his way home now.

YES he was the last interview.......WHYYYYY??????

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Read up on this topic 221g

Your case will remain at Casa for at least a month(they always say they sent it back sooner). Try contacting the Consul General by phone, fax them letters from friends and family, contact your Senators/Congressman to stop this case from being returned.

01/2006 - Filed k1(1st time)

04/2006 - Interview (1st time) denied

Waited, waited...... no review

06/2009 - Filed k1 (2nd time)

09/2009 - NOA 2 approved

12/2009 - Interview (2nd time) APPROVED! VISA ISSUED

02/2010 - Arrived USA

04/2010 - Married

AOS Timeline

4/19/2010-Sent to Chicago Lockbox

4/26/2010-Received texts and emails 7th day

4/30/2010-Received NOA's(Hardcopies) 11th day

5/3/2010-Received ASC appointment notice(mailed 4/29/2010)14th day

5/7/2010-Walk-in Biometrics done(2 weeks earlier)18th day

5/13/2010-Case transferred to CSC

6/2/2010- Case received/resumed at CSC

6/18,6/22,6/23 AOS touches

6/28/2010- EAD production and touch on AP

6/29/2010-AOS APPROVED

7/2/2010- 2nd update on EAD production and touched on AP....

7/6/2010- Received "Welcome Letter" and AP document

7/12/2010-Received GREEN CARD and EAD

greencard.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.