deeking

Visa Interview in London/PROBLEM!!!

22 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Hello fellow VJ'ers...My fiance' had his interview today and he said it went well... The questions asked were: 1) How did you meet? ;2) What is facebook? ;3)How did she find your profile on facebook?; 3) When did you meet?; 4)When will you like to travel to America?; and 5) Do you love her? .... After this they made him write my complete name and sign it (I have a very long name)and he did it.

Now FYI:

My Fianace stated to me this morning that they gave him back the police certificates he had and stated he needed to get the finger prints validated by both the UK gov't and Nigeria. The police certificate he had from the UK is something they issued him at work, which he assured me this was the only form this govt issues (Wrong) .. He had to download the proper form from a website and go the Magistrates office today to have him sign and pay for a solicitor(this what he told me) to sign. After this he has to send this information to Nigeria and have them validate the fingerprints and get another police certificate from them. :wacko:

Guys I just graduated Law School in Alabama and have combed the internet and spoken with friends who are attorney's to make sure today would be an approval,but the one thing I could not control was the portion that my fiance had to do and it is discouraging that we have to wait about another month to get full approval... I made sure all downloaded visa forms were properly filled out /all finanicial forms and proof were in order/ and I made sure we had enough evidence of a TRUE RELATIONSHIP... I went over possible questions he might be asked,packet4 forms he had (over skype) and made sure he made adequate copies of these forms ...But it is so much you can do over video phone...... but any way he is doing all he can today to get this ready to send to Nigeria by Tuesday or Wednesday of next week.....

As far as for the Visa it was NOT DENIED but suspended,once he receives the documents he is to call a number and the courier will come and pick them up and his passport to have the visa issued and returned to him within 2 weeks time. So our plans are still to have a December wedding and to stay prayerful.

I hope our experience helps this group since I have depended alot on the information I have found here.

- Dee Dee

Did he not get the information from the London embassy website about the ACPO certificate? That's the police certificate for the UK that they require. It costs about £30, and takes about a week or two to get in. Sorry to hear your day didn't go so well. At least you know all he needs to do is provide those documents and you're approved. Good luck! :thumbs:

Angela & Peter

usa.gift4527.gifuk.gif

K-1 Process (Condensed)

02/01/10: Took atty's bad advice and applied for B2 visa

02/16/10: B2 Visa Interview: DENIED - K1 Required

05/07/10: Atty sent I-129F Petition to Chicago Lockbox

05/31/10: Atty rec'd Petition back due to wrong location

06/01/10: I-129F pkg sent to VSC

06/11/10: NOA1 Rec'd/Touch

09/17/10: INTERVIEW = APPROVED

10/22/10: Marriage in the US

AOS Process

11/13/10: Mailed Packet to CHI Lockbox

11/18/10: NOA1 Rec'd via Text

11/20/10: Soc. Sec. fixed mistake/Processed SSN

11/23/10: Rec'd SSN

11/23/10: Touch

12/09/10: RFE - Supposedly didn't sign I-864 when I KNOW I did. (Copies to prove it.)

12/20/10: Biometrics Appt

12/20/10: RFE Response Rec'd/Processing Resumed

12/27/10: Transferred to CSC

12/29/10: Contacted Senator re: EAD Expedite Request

12/30/10: AOS Touch

12/30/10: EAD & AP Approved (Card Production Ordered)

01/05/11: AOS Touch (Rec'd @ CSC)

01/06/11: AOS Touch/EAD Mailed

01/08/11: EAD & AP Rec'd

01/10/11: AOS Touch

01/14/11: EAD Touch

01/26/11: AOS APPROVED!!

02/02/11: Green Card Received

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Italy
Timeline

Sorry to hear that. Me too went in for my interview last Sept 07 at Naples Consulate, Italy and I'm still hanging in the air til now waiting for results. The missing thing was my thumb print in my Police clearance from the Philippines (we call it National Bureau of Investigation Cert.)which I failed to affix before submission. However, the interview went well and the interviewing officer told me I have to submit my Phil. police clearance with my thumb print in it before he can give me my visa. I sent the missing thing right the following day as per instruction by the CO. Six days after I received an email from them telling me that they have alredy received my police clearance and told me to send them my old passports in order for them to conclude my application. Its kinda frustrating coz I have those old passports with me then when I went for my interview ( I live in Milan and about 5 hours away from Naples, by the fastest/most expensive train, of course). Our wedding date has been set for next month and I'm now panicky.

I can not offer any help with your problem, but I hope that upon reading my story you will realize that you are not alone. Hope to read a follow up post from you soon.

Good luck.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline

Good to know... at least you are in the process... Still waiting on NOA2! Filed in May!!!

Completed:

• Green card: May 10, 2011
  • Sent: October 1, 2015
  • Cashd: October 8, 2015
  • NOA: October 6,2015
  • Fprints: 10/30/15
  • In Line: 11/05/2015
  • Int Ltr: 12/17/2015
    Interview: 01/25/2016
  • Oath: 04/14/2016
  • Field Office: Denver

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Italy
Timeline

"Good to know... at least you are in the process... Still waiting on NOA2! Filed in May!!!"

- I bet yours will arrive soon. My Texas long horn filed in March and it took months from NOA1 to NOA2. Just be patient.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

hi deeking.well the good thing is that the visa will be issued ones he gets the police criminal check ready.

i can assist you if you want it as fast as you ever thought.send a mail to me and will get back,

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Thanks Jalie your story does show me I am not alone!!! @Cathy and Paul - your approval will be coming sooner then you think please just learn from my situation to already have your needed forms filled out/ all evidence/ and you police certicates in order ( including the rest of package 4. the forms in packet 3 is usually downloadable so fill those out and when you get your approval you can send this right in...

GOOD LUCK TO YOU ALL !!!! I will keep you posted on our progress to this long process!!! :bonk:

@Damilola thanks I will email you...

Timeline

Thanks Jalie your story does show me I am not alone!!! @Cathy and Paul - your approval will be coming sooner then you think please just learn from my situation to already have your needed forms filled out/ all evidence/ and you police certicates in order ( including the rest of package 4. the forms in packet 3 is usually downloadable so fill those out and when you get your approval you can send this right in...

GOOD LUCK TO YOU ALL !!!! I will keep you posted on our progress to this long process!!! :bonk:

@Damilola thanks I will email you...

CHECK YOUR INBOX FOR REPLY.TAKIA AND GOODLUCK

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

what do you mean the rest of pkt 4? what is pkt 4 in Lagos I thought once you downloaded the stuff from the internet and filled those forms then you were good. Is there a pkt 4 in Nigeria? :unsure:

November 5, 2010 Interview 7am APPROVED!!!!!! (6months 4weeks 1day) THANK YOU LORD!!!!!

(look at my about me page in my profile if you want to see my entire k1 journey)

AOS Journey:

Feb.4, 2011 Mailed AOS packet

Feb. 7, 2011 Pkt delivered in Chicago

Feb. 10, 2011 Received txt and email of NOA for AOS, EAD, and AP

Feb. 11, 2011 Check cashed for AOS

Feb. 12, 2011 Touched

Feb. 14, 2011 received hard copy of NOA for AOS, EAD& AP

Feb. 18, 2011 received appt letter for biometrics

Feb. 28, 2011 biometrics appt @10am

Feb. 28, 2011 received txt/email AOS case transferred to csc

Mar 1, 2011 AOS Touched

Mar 3, 2011 received hard copy of AOS transfer to csc

Mar 4, 2011 AOS Touched

Mar 28, 2011 Received txt/email saying card production has been ordered. (1month 3eeks 3days)

Mar 28, 2011 Received 2nd txt/email saying we have registered this customer permanent residence status

Mar 29, 2011 Received 3rd txt/email says card production has been ordered.

April 1, 2011 greencard and welcome letter in hand!!

April 5, 2011 received txt/email EAD card production ordered

Will Start Removing Conditions Dec 2012!!!!

Dec. 26, 2012 mailed ROC paperwork

Dec. 28, 2012 NOA for ROC paperwork

Jan. 7, 2013 received bio appt letter

Jan. 24, 2013 bio appt.

June 22, 2013 10yr green card received

68z00wwuiyl.png

Timeline

Lagos has converted their packets into a single internet download. Get the right one follow the directions and you should be good to go

This will not be over quickly. You will not enjoy this.

Timeline

@patient2010 the packet 4 is the final mail sent by nvc which shows your date and place of interview through your email.thats what i meant by packet 4 and then the medical examination follows.thanks

Timeline

ok thanks damilola btw I love your name... I was just double checking I didnt want my fiance to show up and not have all the docs we have all that thanks for the reply :thumbs:

Edited by patient2010

November 5, 2010 Interview 7am APPROVED!!!!!! (6months 4weeks 1day) THANK YOU LORD!!!!!

(look at my about me page in my profile if you want to see my entire k1 journey)

AOS Journey:

Feb. 12, 2011 Touched

Mar 1, 2011 AOS Touched

Mar 4, 2011 AOS Touched

Mar 28, 2011 Received txt/email saying card production has been ordered. (1month 3eeks 3days)

Mar 28, 2011 Received 2nd txt/email saying we have registered this customer permanent residence status

Jan. 24, 2013 bio appt.

68z00wwuiyl.png

Filed: Timeline

please can you be of help. I want to find out if i have to do my police clearance for the United Kingdom and my Native country before going for the interview. I thought they are the ones to request for that on your behalf and you simply pay them the cost?

Also, I lived in Germany for 3 years before moving to the United kingdom where i have been living for 5 years. Does this mean that i have to do 3 police clearance?

Timeline

yes you have to get a police clearance from all places you have lived more than 6 months

AOS Journey:

Feb. 12, 2011 Touched

Mar 1, 2011 AOS Touched

Mar 4, 2011 AOS Touched

Jan. 24, 2013 bio appt.

68z00wwuiyl.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.