Ban Hammer

gun range results

41 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

finally got around to shooting the big uns. the below are the results pics.

rifle.jpg

left hand target with this:

sprga3.jpg

1903a3 30-06 with redfield 3x9. bullets started with #1 in the upper left, then moving right and then down, ending at about 1" high at 100 yards.

right hand target with this:

win70.jpg

winchester model 70 xtr, with leupold 4.5x14 boone and crocket reticle - see post at

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/226300-on-the-first-day-of-halloween/

as this was the first time i've shot this rifle, and the first shot with the new scope, it was aimed center mass of the target - note the high round top center. adjusted right and down, aiming at right hand target - 2nd shot at 12 on target. adjusted again and there you have it, 2 bullets, same hole. yay for new scopes and wifey letting me get it.

also shot the .40 cal and my co-worker's .45 pistol. the below was at 10 yards, 10 rounds .40 and 8 rounds .45

pistol.jpg

don't know where 3 rounds went, but hit it 15 times (top of bullseye is 2 hits same hole).

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Timeline

Have you thought about just getting a short smooth bore, and calling it good? :unsure:

i'm happy with the ones i have. :D

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

Awesome!

Did you shoot that new AR yet?

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

Timeline

Awesome!

Did you shoot that new AR yet?

not yet :blush:

my plan is to have wifey fire the first round outta that, gotta get a baby sitter for that event. will be the ar, .22 rifle, and maybe the 30-30 on the same day.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

not yet :blush:

my plan is to have wifey fire the first round outta that, gotta get a baby sitter for that event. will be the ar, .22 rifle, and maybe the 30-30 on the same day.

Cool! Make sure you post it here.

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

Nice shooting Charles! Congrats to Nessa for being able to get Charles paycheck. :thumbs::D Oh whats with the 10 yard shot? Thats for a sling shot :P

Edited by Col. Lingus

"I swear by my life and my love of it that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine."- Ayn Rand

“Your freedom to be you includes my freedom to be free from you.”

― Andrew Wilkow

whats with the 10 yard shot? Thats for a sling shot :P

That's for "the hood."

Русский форум член.

Timeline

Nice shooting Charles! Congrats to Nessa for being able to get Charles paycheck. :thumbs::D Oh whats with the 10 yard shot? Thats for a sling shot :P

10 yards is actually quite far for most pistol engagements.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

FBI and many others say anything within 21ft. (7 yards) is too close and should be shot! So, it makes sense to practice at closer distances and makes 10 yards a "long" shot with a pistol.

A shot at 10 yards isn't really that far... but if you have time... grab your shotgun!

Русский форум член.

I thought it was 25. No wonder I cant hit shite. Will try 10 next time.

"I swear by my life and my love of it that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine."- Ayn Rand

“Your freedom to be you includes my freedom to be free from you.”

― Andrew Wilkow

I thought it was 25. No wonder I cant hit shite. Will try 10 next time.

At 25 yards you'd be better off running than shooting with a pistol.

Sure, you can hit at 25, but it's a pretty difficult shot, even on a target that's not moving.

It was 25 meters when I qualified.

ETA: But, the State Qualification Course is 7 meters .

Typical handgun courses are 7 yards, 10 yards, 15 yards and 25 yards. (Meters are sometimes substituted on "offical" courses.)

Typical handgun engagements are more like 6 feet. (And usually include several misses!)

Русский форум член.

Timeline

charles, you must have been arty. MOS 13B, or 13E?

none of the above - i wasn't combat arms.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *