itchicuosie

My Medical Exam Experience St. Luke's Manila

19 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi guys! I just want to share my medical exam experience in SLMCEC last August 5 and 6 2010.

For those who will have their medical exam, this might help or give you some infos/tips. :)

SLMCEC is located at 1177 J. Bocobo Street, Ermita, Manila. They can be reached by telephone at 521-0020 and 521-8647. SLMCEC is open from 6:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. It is best to arrive for your medical examination between 6:00 a.m. to 8:00 a.m. Applicants are served on a first come first served basis, but the order of release of the medical reports will depend on the complexity of the results of the medical examination.

What to bring:

- Original and Photocopied Appointment Letter

- OR your U.S. Embassy Letter

- NVC Case Number

- Valid Passport, have it photocopied too

- 4 2x2 Photographs (don't forget to write your name at the back)

- Payment for Medical Exam (fee must be paid in PHIL. PESOS at the prevailing exchange rate)

ADULTS(15yrs and older) $213.25

CHILDREN(under 15 yrs of age) $185.35

FIRST DAY

1. I arrived there at exactly 4:35 AM. The gate opened, I think it was 5:30 AM. I gave the guard my Appointment letter and Passport. He stamped it with SLMCEC and gave me Patient Data Sheet (PDS) and a Non Immigrant Fiance Visa Application Form (DS 156K) and I got number 22.

2. After I filled up the forms, I sat down to wait for a few minutes then the guard called our number (1-20 then 21-30 and so on) to fall in line in the reception area. I gave the receptionist the forms I had filled up, pictures, passport, and the appointment letter. Then she stapled it all together and took a picture of me. Then she said go to 5th floor and pay the medical exam fee.

3. After paying the fees, still in 5th floor, the guard told me to go to the nurse check my height and weight.

4. Then the Eye Test. The nurse just covered my one eye and see if I could read the snellen chart.

5. After the Eye Test, wait for your name to be called to check your Vital Signs..

6. After checking the Vital Signs, wait again for your name to be called for the Physical Exam. The Physical Exam is in the 5th floor too. When my name is called and told me to go to room number 9, I was soooo nervous. I don't know why, maybe because it just feels a bit awkward and weird because someone I don't know will look into my tutut. LOL

7. (Still in 5th floor!) The doctor who had interviewed me is very nice. I thought of her as my Tita. She just asked me a few questions, like, "May experience ka na ba sa drugs? Marijuana, Cocaine o kahit ano?" "Nagka-anak ka na ba?" "Na-hospital ka na ba? Kailan at bakit?" "Nagkaron ka na ba ng TB? AIDS? CANCER?" All of my answers were NO except sa na-hospital na ba ako. I was admitted in WCC last 2007 because of Gastroenteritis (stomach flu) then she told me Okay go inside there and take off all your clothes. Oh I forgot, she asked me too when was the 1st day of my last period! (always remember this because the nurses will keep you on asking that :blink: ) Then I was laying in the bed, (it's very cold inside the cubicle :wacko: ) She looked under and said spread my butt (they said the doctor is looking if you have an ALMONARAS or something. I dont know why. So I guess if you have it, don't take your medical exam yet LOL JK) Thennn I told her that I have tattoos. She just looked at it and said it was cute :D (Haha I thought it will be a problem because ever since I was a kid I always hear my Parents/Titas/Titos saying if you have tattoos you will not be able to go to U.S. :ot: ) Okay, then she asked me to stand up and she just looked all over my body. Then that was it. She signed my paper and I finished putting back my clothes on. Then she told me to go to 4th floor.

8. On the fourth floor, I gave my passport and PDS in the counter after 3 minutes they called my name and ask again the 1st day of my last period. I went inside the laboratory for blood extraction. Then the nurse told me to go to the girl's restroom outside for my urine test.

9. After the Blood Extraction and Urine Test, I went to 3rd floor for the X-ray. (I went to a lot of floors, don't worry about this because the guard and nurses will always guide you and tell you where or what floor you should go :P ) In the X-ray department, they will give you a form and of course you should fill it up. And wait for ur name to be called. Then, go to the Female's Dressing Room and remove your clothes (tshirts/blouses and bras only and your accessories if u are wearing one)

10. After the X-ray test, go to 2nd floor for Immunization Interview and Tuberculin Test. But first you should go to the guard because he will give you a waiver and sign it. There are lots of people in this floor,almost no chairs left. This is the most boring, because you will wait here for a few hours for the interview. The physician who interviewed me, asked the same questions like the doctor in the Physical Exam, so it had been easy and fast for me. She also asked if I had any vaccinations before. I had a flu vaccine shot last July 2010. Then She said that she thinks I'm okay and I should go to check out counter already and they will schedule when I should be given the vaccines.

11. Check out counter (found in respective areas) Scheduled me the next day, August 6 at 9AM

SECOND DAY

I arrived there at 10 AM!!!! Yes I AM LATE :whistle: I gave the guard my receipt and passport. He stamped it with IMMUNIZATION INTERVIEW 2nd FLOOR then I go straight to 2nd floor. I submitted my receipt and passport too to the counter and at 11:30 AM they called my name to go to the Immunization Room. FINALLY!!!! I had 3 shots, MMR, TDAP and Chicken Pox. Then after that, went back to ground floor for the results. I thought I really could take home the results but they said they will be the one who will forward it to the embassy. So..here I waited again until 12:40 NOON and YES it was my turn. The girl asked my age, birthday, the first day of my last period, some signaturessss and that was it. She gave my Vaccination Record, Receipt, My Chest Xray Result in a CD and said that I should bring all of those in the U.S. Finished at 12:50 in the afternoon! YAY :thumbs:

Hope this will help you! Or just give some tips/ideas about the procedure in that exhausting medical exam! :P God bless us all and Good luck to our journey!

Next stop: INTERVIEW! :hehe:

P.S. Sorry for my grammar. :D

Edited by itchicuosie

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

hi..this will be a big help for me since i'm on my way for medical..

my question is,did you bring your vaccination record/history when you were a baby.coz my mom lost mine so im afraid this will be a problem..

thank you so much and good luck on your interview

Timeline

so they didnt let u put on a hospital gown?

AOS

07/08/2011 - Mailed AOS via usps

07/12/2011 - NOA1 for EAD & I-845 via email

07/13/2011 - Personal Check Cashed

07/12/2011 - NOA1 notice date(email)

07/18/2011 - NOA1 for EAD & I-485 hardcopy & Biometrics received in the mail

08/11/2011 - Biometrics Appointment--DONE!

08/19/2011 - Interview Letter/Notice sent

08/31/2011 - EAD card/document production ordered

09/06/2011 - EAD case touched

09/12/2011 - EAD received!

09/21/2011 - AOS Interview-APROVED ON THE SPOT/email notice: GC productionn ordered, approval notice sent

09/26/2011 - AOS Approval Notice/Welcome Notice received!

09/30/2011 - Got my GC in the mail today!

K1 JOURNEY

07/09/2010 - I-129F mailed via USPS

07/12/2010 - CSC received

07/17/2010 - NOA1 notice date

07/19/2010 - Cheque cashed

07/21/2010 - NOA1 hardcopy received =D

12/06/2010 - NOA2 Hardcopy received =D =D =D

12/10/2010 - NVC received / Got MNL number yay!

12/13/2010 - NVC left / Consulate received Electronic File the same day

12/29-30/2010 - Medical @ SLMEC PASSED!!!

01/07/2011 - Interview Jan. 7 @ 6:45am -VISA APPROVED!!!READ MY INTERVIEW EXPERIENCE

01/15/2011 - VISA on hand

01/17/2011 - CFO DONE

01/20/2011 - POE-SFO

0FYVm7.png

Hello and thanks for all of the information. My asawa will be ready to have her medical pretty soon and I have 2 questions for you that will help us very much.

1) Where you mentioned about what to bring you say:

What to bring:

- NVC Case Number

- Payment for Medical Exam (fee must be paid in PHIL. PESOS at the prevailing exchange rate)

Is this appointment letter for your medical or it is an appointment for you USEM Interview?

My wife will be taking my 5 year old step son with her because he will also be getting his medical done. I have not seen anyone talk about the child's medical.

Did you see other women there with children? What happens when my wife must have her physical exam? Is there someone who will watch her son for her?

* Aug 2008...........Initial meeting

* July 2009...........Proposed

* Nov 24, 2009.....Married in Philippines

USCIS PROCESS

* April 11, 2010...I-130 mailed to Chicago LockBox

* April 14, 2010...I-130 package received at CSC

* April 21, 2010...Checks cashed

* April 21, 2010...NOA1

* July 15, 2010....NOA2

NVC PROCESS

* July 26, 2010...Cases received

* July 29, 2010...Received DS-3032 and AOS Fee Bill

* July 29, 2010...Returned DS-3032s by Email

* July 29, 2010...Paid AOS Fee Bill online

* Aug 03, 2010...Mailed AOS Package

* Aug 03, 2010...Case complete, forwarded to Embassy

CONSULATE PROCESS

* Aug 09, 2010...Our Nightmare with USEM begins

* Aug 09, 2010...USEM received Package from NVC (verified delivered by DHL tracking number)

* Aug 09, 2010...USEM losses Package.

* Aug 16, 2010...USEM claims case not received from NVC

* Aug 16 through Sept 16...Many phone calls and faxes to try to get embassy straightened out

* Sep 16, 2010...Finally received Interview Appts. (Oct 12, 7:00 am)

* Oct 04-07, 2010...Medical Exams - Passed

* Oct 12, 2010, 07:00 ...Interview --- Approved!

POE and more

* Oct 26, 2010...POE Houston, Texas - Very quick and easy immigration process. No problems.

SSN Received 2 weeks after POE.

Timeline

so they didnt let u put on a hospital gown?

LOL! :rofl: Of course the doctor let me put on a hospital gown, but it was only for cover while waiting for her to finish whatever she's typing in the computer. Cause she told me to remove the ribbons and take it off. Then I stood up and asked me to turn around naked :D

Timeline

Hello and thanks for all of the information. My asawa will be ready to have her medical pretty soon and I have 2 questions for you that will help us very much.

1) Where you mentioned about what to bring you say:

What to bring:

- NVC Case Number

Is this appointment letter for your medical or it is an appointment for you USEM Interview?

My wife will be taking my 5 year old step son with her because he will also be getting his medical done. I have not seen anyone talk about the child's medical.

Did you see other women there with children? What happens when my wife must have her physical exam? Is there someone who will watch her son for her?

Hi! She should bring the e-mailed appointment letter stating the date and time of her interview (this was sent by the call center agent when you called for scheduling an interview) BUT some receptionists there are asking for the USEM Letter (which was sent to her saying that she is eligible for a visa interview).So she should bring that too, just for sure. If she doesn't have the USEM Letter yet, just tell her to write in a piece of paper her MNL Case number because they are asking for that always.

Yes, I have met a friend there. She's with her son. And when its her turn for the physical exam,she brought him in too. :)

I was admitted in WCC last 2007 because of Gastroenteritis (stomach flu)

:ot: WCC Aurora/Anonas area? I've been to their ER three times, twice for allergies and once for bad case of LBM.

Congrats btw :luv:

Our K1 Journey:

Family friends for a long time

17 May 2009 - Started Chatting

08 Jul 2009 - Became an Official Couple

21 Jan 2010 - J's birthday/Day he proposed

28 May 2010 - I-129F packet sent to VSC

28 Jun 2010 - Notice date on NOA2/Approved in 21 days!

08 Sep 2010 - US Embassy Interview/Approved!

17 Jan 2011 - Point of entry: Detroit, Michigan

21 Feb 2011 - Day we got married

Adjustment of Status | Orlando, Florida:

15 Mar 2011 - AOS packet was mailed

18 Mar 2011 - Packet Delivered

23 Mar 2011 - Check cashed

28 Mar 2011 - Received NOA1 in the mail for I-485 & I-765

06 Apr 2011 - I-485 Case transferred to CSC

03 May 2011 - Biometrics for I-485 & I-765

11 May 2011 - Green Card & EAD in Production 44 days after NOA1 :)

16 May 2011 - GC & EAD at hand!

Lifting Conditions:

17 Jan 2013 - Receive reminder mail from USCIS to file I-751

09 Feb 2013 - Mailed complete I-751 packet

11 Feb 2013 - Packet Delivered to Vermont

14 Feb 2013 - Check Cashed

18 Feb 2013 - Receive NOA in the mail for I-751 (says conditional status extended for another year, yay!)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.