MichaelANDVelvet

montreal embassy?? taking long?

51 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

i have looked at similar timelines to ours and it seems like all the ones that went through vancouver got their interview and approval so quickly, within a month of packet 3. then i look at the ones that are going through montreal and none have received their interview date. is there an abnormal amount of people for montreal or is there some delay?

just curious if anyone else feels the same.

mike

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yup, they are verrrryyyy slooooowwww. Apparently due to staff shortages, summer, Haiti, the earth moved, it rained, it snowed, it's sunny, you name it.

Very, very frustrating they are.

OUR TIMELINE AND K1 JOURNEY

Sept 4, 2009...We meet in Toronto, Canada at a Kid Rock concert
Feb 19, 2010...NOA1 recieved in mail
May 19, 2010...NOA2 (92 days)
Sept 24, 2010...Interview! APPROVED! smile.png
Oct 29, 2010...POE--Buffalo, NY
Nov 10, 2010...Courthouse wedding in NY state
Dec 11, 2010...Beach wedding in Hawaii

Dec 09, 2010...NOA for AOS, EAD, AP
Feb 11, 2011...AOS & EAD approved smile.png
Feb 12, 2011...AP approved smile.png
Feb 18, 2011...Received GREEN CARD smile.png
Feb 18, 2011...Received AP
Feb 22, 2011...Received EAD

Nov 09, 2012...Sent in I-751, Removal of Conditions
Nov 14, 2011...NOA1
Dec 18, 2012...Biometrics

May 03, 2013...10 year GREEN CARD approved! yes.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Yup, they are verrrryyyy slooooowwww. Apparently due to staff shortages, summer, Haiti, the earth moved, it rained, it snowed, it's sunny, you name it.

Very, very frustrating they are.

Lol, My favorite. They are backed up, every once and awhile they catch back up almost all at once and then start taking forever again. When I went through this time last year, it took till October till I found out about my interview date in November, and I sent my package back in July. Some others around my same time line sent theirs after me and got in before me when MTL all of a sudden started scheduling everyone. I think they try to pick up a bit right before the holidays.

~*~*~Steph and Wes~*~*~
Married: 2010-01-20

ROC: (for the complete timeline click on my timeline button, the signature was getting too long!)
I-751 Sent: 2015-05-22
NOA1 Notice Date: 2015-05-27
NOA1 Received: 2015-06-06
Biometrics Notice Date: 2015-06-27
Biometrics Date: 2015-07-17

Interview Notice Date: 2015-07-28

Interview Date: ​2015-09-01
Approval Date:
Approval Notice Date:

hdh1crofujrxk.png

Timeline

this sucks, i really didn't expect that. i can't seem to find one interview for montreal. when you say you submitted your packet, is that packet 3 or the first i129?

P3. I got my NOA2 in June. Hopefully your's wont take nearly as long as mine, I just wanted to get youa headsup, cuz I had found some people before who got through within like 2 months so I was thinking I would get my interview in Sept and could get married in October, but obviously those plans kind of ended up getting shot. Hopefully yours is on the faster end of that though! Never know when they will start picking up again. At least if you expect a bit longer though you will be pleasantly surprised if it happens faster.

~*~*~Steph and Wes~*~*~

ROC: (for the complete timeline click on my timeline button, the signature was getting too long!)

Approval Date:
Approval Notice Date:

hdh1crofujrxk.png

P3. I got my NOA2 in June. Hopefully your's wont take nearly as long as mine, I just wanted to get youa headsup, cuz I had found some people before who got through within like 2 months so I was thinking I would get my interview in Sept and could get married in October, but obviously those plans kind of ended up getting shot. Hopefully yours is on the faster end of that though! Never know when they will start picking up again. At least if you expect a bit longer though you will be pleasantly surprised if it happens faster.

Danu and I sent our P3s on the same day and I think my interview was a week before hers. We were "waiting buddies". Remember our DOS call schedule Danu?? LOL

and yes Montreal is SLOW!!!!!!

12/31/2009 - Marriage

07/21/2010 - AOS approved

08/04/2010 - Green Card received (and it's actually green!)

05/30/2012 - Sent ROC packet to VSC

06/08/2012 - Received NOA1 for ROC (Dated 06/04/2012)

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

well darn, i really hope things speed up. i was looking at the other timelines seeing only a month till the interview and so i went out and picked out an apartment for us and everything.

Timeline

Peachy and I had a calling schedule. She called on like...Tuesdays I think, and I called on Thursdays. They are the ppl who will tell you if the packet has been logged by MTL (if they tell you you are in queue for an interview, then it has, you can just ask them when it was logged) and if you have an interview scheduled.

~*~*~Steph and Wes~*~*~

Approval Date:
Approval Notice Date:

hdh1crofujrxk.png

Call this number

DOS is Department of State - 1 202 663 1225

Press Option 1 then Option 0

Have your MTL case number as they will ask for it.

Let's hope for an interview soon!!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Im starting to think that the consulate people are just too busy enjoying all the summer festivals in Montreal!!! GET BACK TO WORK PEOPLE!!! Argh...Sorry I'm stressing, my best friend will only be on this side of teh world for 3 weeks (late Dec, early Jan) and her plane tix are like 6K (return incl her SO)....their parents are stressing them for exact dates to book tickets, she's stressing me cuz I can't give her anything...blah! I figure if my man needs 6 groomsman I should be able to have atleast my 1 bestfriend...sorry off topic

Either way I call DOS about 1-2 times a week, I'm going to call later on today I will let you know if I hear anything positive...

Im starting to think that the consulate people are just too busy enjoying all the summer festivals in Montreal!!! GET BACK TO WORK PEOPLE!!! Argh...Sorry I'm stressing, my best friend will only be on this side of teh world for 3 weeks (late Dec, early Jan) and her plane tix are like 6K (return incl her SO)....their parents are stressing them for exact dates to book tickets, she's stressing me cuz I can't give her anything...blah! I figure if my man needs 6 groomsman I should be able to have atleast my 1 bestfriend...sorry off topic

Either way I call DOS about 1-2 times a week, I'm going to call later on today I will let you know if I hear anything positive...

I was pondering the idea of calling them as well. We should all decide on a day of the week to call them , and keep up on that schedule. Maybe a little push will help :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.