kandl133

Does the Consulate get the I130 ?

23 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: China
Timeline

What happens to the I130 documents sent to USCIS? 1>Do they continue on to NVC then GZO? 2>Should all evidentiary material submitted with I130 be resent to NVC/GUZ? 3>Also anyone have any experience on how long to get interview date after turning in DS230 and supporting document PDF's. 4>Finally, should I PDF all evidentiary documents and submit them online as PDF's? I called NVC and they said everything should wait for the interview. 5> I have a ton of video evidence spanning many months.... does anyone have experience in how to handle this before the interview for submission?

Just as general info for all:

Electronic processing - GUZ:

OPTIN immediately.

I recommend submitting AOS immediately after getting PAID response from DOS for AOS. This is using electronic processing. Also don't wait to get the GZO number to do this. After electronic processing has been approved push ahead with DS230 and 169 documents - don't wait. Call NVC to find out if approved. Remember to PDF P3 supplemental, DOS receipts and to place your GUZ or GZO number on each page - this can be done with a trial version of CutePDF pro using "stamp" function. Electronic processing approval does not seem to mean that a GZO number will immediately be given.

Don't bother emailing GUZ with questions before your case arrives. They responded to me everytime but each answer was ineffective.

I had not placed the case number on everyone of my electronically filed documents. Called NVC and they said it would be ok. However the Packet 3 material clearly states to do this. Be careful what those well meaning people tell you. I resent my docs with the case number on each page.

CutePDF writer is good to create PDF's from documents you have in your possession. Another 30 day freebie for scanning documents directly to PDF is Softi Scan to PDF (no water mark). Try black and white at 300 and bring up the contrast some. I got everything to NVC in about 3 emails totaling around 60 mb (no evidentiary material). Please let those bestowed with the knowledge feel free to edit this entry as I do not wish to avert anyones journey.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

1 evidentiary material - bonafide relationship/marriage evidence, submitted with the I-130 -

is scanned in at NVC during normal NVC stuff , added to the SAFEFILE system.

GUZ IV gets all from the SAFEFILE system on NVC EP casefiles.

2 Now, as far as 'new evidentiary' stuff -

come on - that's a living document - things grow over time, yes? So have a set for HER on interview day, that is 'quasi-current' - within 1 month or so of interview date.

3 it's about 2 weeks max, after 'final review completed' at NVC.

4 NO. You can sneak in some things with the DS-230, like the EOR (Evolution of Relationship Letter)

Have all paper ready, in her hand, for interview day, INSTEAD.

5 No. That's 'electronic media' and not allowed inside the GUZ IV unit on interview day.

Packet 3 Material , per the GUZ IV website, for the I-130, is actually all of the stuff that you send into NVC for NVC Processing. Since it's an EP casefile - the casefile is tied into the email address - so anything sent in from your two email addresses (yours and yer wife's) gets pegged for the casefile - not need to put in the casefile # at all - but !!!! I think is good idea - I like your approach, much. The flipside though, is when the GZO # is assigned - is 'extra thing' at NVC, to 'watch for stuff coming in' via 'that' email address, as well.

Yer saying that you sent in stuff prior to GZO # ?? That's interesting that it worked, as in several 'prior cases' that I track - they had to resend all once the OPT IN was accepted, showing coversheets with the new GZO #. Strange, but if it worked for you - great !

You gots personal timeline we can study, maybe in yer profile ? Those are useful, as well as official VJ timeline thingie.

Thanks for the report !!

Edited by Darnell

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Timeline

darnell,

i cannot say for sure anything worked. I was told to send the stuff in (ds230)and i did. I am pretty sure AOS worked since i sent it under guz and the Immigrant Visa fee was then payable. . . I never have received GZO # although they have said i have been approved for electronic processing. I have been told on numerous occasions via NVC phone support that anything sent under guz is automatically transferred and recognized once gzo # issued.

So it seems what you are saying is that the hours and hours of video evidence will have been a waste of my time. Although this doesn't completely suprise me i will be disappointed. For most of the last few months this has been 96% of our ccommunication . Honestly, if i were to put a figure on it, we probably avg 20 hours A DAY online.

I am not joking or exaggerating. I even have her on at my work - online night and day. Frankly if they don't consider it I am a little concerned about the quantity of my evidence. Their (GZO) approach seems to be like a judge not allowing the murder weapon to be allowed as evidence in a murder trial because no weapons are allowed in the court room. Preposterous.

Timeline

In the past, at GUZ IV - the only 'video evidence' asked for, was as a result of a blue slip- asking for 'prove up you two can communicate' - usually a 5 to 30 minute video of the two ppl together, or the usc person singly, speaking chinese.

NEVER submitted on Interview Day - always submitted in response to a specific blue slip request, after interview day.

The 'no electronic media' rule is rampant across all US Embassy/Consulate - is listed in some places as well - GUZ does mention it .

The 'communication ability' video requirement pretty much stopped in 2006/7 - and that was replaced by the written word - in the form of an 'Evolution of Relationship' letter, (see http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=260331&view=findpost&p=3995116 for working example) where the USC would cover communication ability (as well as other things) in some letter of attestation .

It is what it is, sure - is ok to spew about it, but to label something preposterous ? I dunno, if it's already listed as a 'don't do it' on an Embassy Website - why to be incredulous ? Electronic Media not allowed, is part of the 'physical security check' process, prior to entering the GUZ IV unit.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Timeline

I won't spend too much time on this except to say. That anything sent via computer - emails, pdf's you name it can only be classified in one way - electronic media. If cyber security is an issue then you simply have a computer or dvd/monitor setup off the network. No big deal.

In todays day and age of webcamming - they just haven't caught up with whats happening on the outside yet. Mail is to email what email is to Skype or webcamming.

Of course, none of this matters now, they will allow this stuff eventually, but looks like I won't be able to use a vital piece of my evidence.

Timeline

You CAN xfer a bit, right ? do some 'selected vidshots' over time, to show something, over time, and scrape to JPG, yes?

Then print the jpg's out, give to her.

Luckily, that's a form of paper, and thankfully, paper is allowed inside the GUZ IV unit.

I understand yer linkage, sure, but 'electronic media' is not allowed inside the GUZ IV unit.

Life would be so simpler, yes? just pass a small laptop through the slide-y thing, tell them - press 2 to launch the evidence video...

Timeline

darnell,

Actually, I can and will do all you said, I have thought of these things but its circumstantial at best for the interviewer. Nothing like actual 2 way video/audio sweet talk and arguments (haha) to solidify the existence of a marriage.

Also, I had no intention of bringing a laptop, just a DVD with the files on it. The vids can be played on Windows Media Player. Pop them in their (any) computer drive and go. I can put em on CD's as well. Maybe we have misunderstood? Maybe - huh? I can use a USB drive as well - whatever.

I glanced around the documents they provide in the packets - could not find the "no electronic media" clause but, believe me, I don't doubt you. I am just suprised I missed it. Also, if it is buried on their website, I don't remember internet access ever being a requirement for filing for an immigrant visa.

I am just saying.... ya know????

No matter - I will bring the disk - if they confiscate - then they will - too much evidence for me to leave behind - frankly, this evidence is unassailable. If I get the virus free disc through security my lady will hand it to the interviewer - if they disregard - then I have done all I can do - and they will have failed at looking at all available evidence presented to them to make a fair judgement of my case.

Case closed.

As always - your knowledge and presence on this site much appreciated.

Timeline

back to other stuff :D

You getting closer ? I'm thinking, by now, you should have been converted to Electronic Processing, a GZO casefile # issued.

Any news on that ?

Here's DJWalkers EP timeline

----

13 April 2010 - Received our GUZ Case Numbers after speaking with NVC

14 April 2010 - Received email from NVC about DS-3032: Agent of Choice. Form Has Bar Code.

14 April 2010 - Sent in OPTIN Request from My Email Address

15 April 2010 - Received AOS Fee Bill & Paid AOS Fee Bill On Line

19 April 2010 - Bank shows AOS Fee $70.00 Paid

23 April 2010 - Case converted to Electronic OPTIN

26 April 2010 - IV Fee Paid- Processing Status

27 April 2010 - IV Fee Bill Showing "PAID"

27 April 2010 - Waiting on GZO Number to send in Documents

28 April 2010 - GZO Numbers Received

28 April 2010 - I-864 PDF Files emailed to NVCElectronic@state.gov

29 April 2010 - DS-230 and Files Emailed to NVCElectronic@state.gov

04 May 2010 - Wife's Case Completed, Just waiting on stepdaughters to finish.

07 May 2010 - Stepdaughters case done...

11 May 2010 - Both Cases Completed, Email from NVC indicating this. Waiting for Interview date now.

13 May 2010 - Interview Date set: 15 June 2010

11 June 2010 - Departing for Guangzhou

15 June 2010 - Interview at 0730

-----

maybe you can copy/paste/edit, put it into yer 'about me' section ? IIRC, should act as a 'signature block' at the end of each of yer posts.

Timeline

Cool Beans !

IMO - is OK to generate new bar-coded coversheets back at the online payment portal NOW, before you get a SIF.

Then resend the AOS and IV email sets with the new coversheets, with the GZO numbers.

I know you already sent in yer stuff, but - I suggest to show the GZO numbers now, just in case you get stoopid reviewers ...

Is not a big deal, at this point... But, as I said - JUST IN CASE.

Getting Closer !

Timeline

Any news from Friday?

can you still sign on to the online payment portal ?

FWIW, NVC Review staff DO work on the weekends (Just no telephone goons to reach)

Timeline

Knock Knock - what news of you ? :D

Timeline

Big Prophet D,

I let things ride. I did get the GZO number and did not resubmit anything. Case closed on July 28th. So AOS and all subsequent documents went through under GUZ #. I got the official letter from NVC stating I now must wait for the interview date. I hope it happens soon. This step took a couple weeks longer than I thought and I dont know why. Maybe I was slow to submit the DS2032 due to ignorance of the process but I had to wait a month for the GZO # which seemed way too long. Some say NVC does the interview date setup because of electronic processing - even for GZO. NVC phone ops are inconsistent on this point.Some say this process is only done (interview date set) by NVC in second week of every month. So my date will probably be in September. Another says NVC might get it to me by end of this week. Another says its still up to GZO to do interview date setup but they couldn't give me timeframe.

Any ideas?????

Just in case you are documenting - I said before I used a trial version of Cute PDF Pro to timestamp all PDFs. I didn't use the timestamp feature I used the Header/Footer feature to add the case number. Just FYI - that was my misstatement.

Edited by kandl133

Timeline

IF you have GZO #, then you are officially in the 'NVC Electronic Processing' Queue.

NVC sets those appointments, absolutely.

USUALLY they set them within 7 days after 'final review' .

MOST NVC Tele-Operators have no training about EP casefiles - Canada is EP as well, but the Montreal IV Unit is soooooooooo fricking backlogged, is no 'immediate scheduling' for the appointment. So - any NVC Tele-Operator will drone on and on about the '2nd week scheduling' - it's a mantra to them - they think is easy to repeat to any and all. Yer a special 'case', on which MOST NVC Tele-Operators have NO TRAINING.

China-bound casefiles, OTOH, absolutely are scheduled within 7 days of 'final review'. I used to say 'within 7 days of case complete at NVC', but that's not been the case this month, it's switched over to 'within 7 days of final review' .

But - here's the timeticks that might be meaningful to you -

--documents complete at NVC (some call this 'case complete at NVC', as well)

--sign in fail at payment portal

--final review

--appointment date set (the appointment letter is sent out to you and her within 2 days of setting the appointment)

Hang in there, yer getting really close.

My current prediction - you'll have 'appointment date set' by the end of the first week in August, perhaps the 2nd week in August. Yer getting really really really close to 'being finished at NVC'.

Edited by Darnell

Timeline

Big Prophet d,

Used GZO# to try to sign in payment portal and got this -

"Sign In Failed

Please be advised that the case that you have attempted to access is not eligible for further processing by the National Visa Center at this time. Please click on the Contact the NVC hyperlink if you believe that you have received this message in error."

Tried original GUZ# and got a "database error."

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.