1,431 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Here is the link where I posted my AOS Interview Experience. Good Luck to all!

@Cleo, Good luck on your interview tom :star:

Thanks Pink and thanks for the link to the review! Congrats again! kicking.gif

paDvm8.png0sD7m8.png

mRhYm8.png8tham8.png

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: England
Timeline

I see your EAD is moving. Any news after the interview since your last post? Maybe you're local office is slow? Here's hoping for some good news soon!

The EAD is fine, I have the card and am working which is good news, since the interview we have heard nothing, the files were touched twice on 9/5 and then on 9/7 but no change in the status. We were interviewed in Fairfax (Washington DC) and the chap said that we should get the card in 5-6 weeks (assuming everything is ok), it's 4 weeks today since the interview so I guess it is not time to start getting too stressed.

I notice on the uscis site that Fairfax is reporting AOS completions from Jan 2010 instead of the 5 month target so it may be that they are behind their schedule.

Adjustment of Status

Date Filed : 6/2

NOA Date : 6/10

Bio Appt letter date- 06/14

Bio. Appt. : 07/2

TOUCH (EAD/AOS)- 07/02, 07/05, 07/06, 07/08, 08/03 (AOS)

Interview Date : 08/20

EAD production ordered 08/04

AP delivered 08/09/10

EAD Mailed notice 08/13

Just received text that Adam's GC is now in card production. Surprised there was no approval email first, just straight to card production... Either way, woohoo!! :dance:

Congrats!!! :jest::energy::goofy:

anikitten.gif
ROC Sent: 2012-12-03
Arrived: 2012-12-07
NOA: 2012-12-10
Biometrics: 2013-01-08

Approved: 2013-05-10

event.png
event.png

I just had my AOS interview this morning and I GOT APPROVED!!! Thanks to everybody who helped me and Good Luck to all the rest who are still waiting. Believe me, its worth waiting for :dance::dance: :dance:

Congrats! :dance:

anikitten.gif
ROC Sent: 2012-12-03
Arrived: 2012-12-07
NOA: 2012-12-10
Biometrics: 2013-01-08

Approved: 2013-05-10

event.png
event.png

Filed: IR-5 Country: Philippines
Timeline

Here is the link where I posted my AOS Interview Experience. Good Luck to all!

@Cleo, Good luck on your interview tom :star:

Congratulations! :thumbs: It seems that your interview went smoothly. Question: When the IO asked for your documents did she ask for originals or photocopies or did she not specify? I ask because my wife no longer has her original birth certificate from Northern Samar. She only has photocopies. So are photocopies acceptable? Also, did the IO keep the documents that you gave her or did she just look at them and hand them back to you? Congratulations again. :)

IR5 - (Father-In-Law)

Feb. 2018 - Interview - Approved

Feb. 2018 - VISA Received!

May 6, 2018 - Arrived in the  U.S.! 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Another week gone by and still no Bio letter for me :crying: I did write letters to the senator and congressman this week. Hubby (the USC) is VERY stubborn and doesn't see why I am so worried about it, and wouldn't write letters for me....UGH. So when I wrote them I put that they were on behalf of us, so hopefully one of them will be able to look into it and hopefully get some movement on my case.

Timeline

I see your EAD is moving. Any news after the interview since your last post? Maybe you're local office is slow? Here's hoping for some good news soon!

The EAD is fine, I have the card and am working which is good news, since the interview we have heard nothing, the files were touched twice on 9/5 and then on 9/7 but no change in the status. We were interviewed in Fairfax (Washington DC) and the chap said that we should get the card in 5-6 weeks (assuming everything is ok), it's 4 weeks today since the interview so I guess it is not time to start getting too stressed.

I notice on the uscis site that Fairfax is reporting AOS completions from Jan 2010 instead of the 5 month target so it may be that they are behind their schedule.

Hmm. We had a similar experience as you did in our interview today. Details to follow in a minute. I hope that everything works out well and you have good news surprisingly soon.

Another week gone by and still no Bio letter for me :crying: I did write letters to the senator and congressman this week. Hubby (the USC) is VERY stubborn and doesn't see why I am so worried about it, and wouldn't write letters for me....UGH. So when I wrote them I put that they were on behalf of us, so hopefully one of them will be able to look into it and hopefully get some movement on my case.

Sorry to hear it but it sounds like you're doing something positive about it! I hope that you get through to their immigration help department soon and that they can be of help to you in this process.

paDvm8.png0sD7m8.png

mRhYm8.png8tham8.png

Timeline

Oh, I also wanted to add one part I forgot before she said she had what she needed.

In the letters she stopped on his Sister and Brother-in-law's letters and we explained they were doctors in Baltimore. She asked him what kind of Doctor he was and the steps he has to take to get his medical licenses here. I explained that his sister is a cardiologist and his brother in law is an orthopedic surgeon and that they mentor him in the licensing process here. That his sister is a licensed MD here and up for matching and placing next March and may do it in Maryland. I guess she's been given an offer according to dh.

paDvm8.png0sD7m8.png

mRhYm8.png8tham8.png

Thanks for the review, Cleo!

Then she said she will make her decision and we will be mailed a letter in a couple of weeks. She didn't come right out and say we were approved so then I felt nervous with the "not really knowing for certain" factor, but hopeful since she'd seen a lot of our evidence and took his I-94 and crossed out his K3 visa in red that it's a potential approval she just has to take time to read through the 5 letters of support and review everything.

You were more likely approved and just need to forward your case to a supervisor. :)

Sorry to hear you still don't have the Biometrics appointment. :(

A friend of mine waited 8 weeks and went to an infopass and got her appointment letter printed right then and there. It's a frustrating that your nearest office for infopass is 6 hours away! :(

Timeline

Thanks for the review, Cleo!

You were more likely approved and just need to forward your case to a supervisor. :)

Thanks for the encouragement finallyfree. (L) I wouldn't like to have a second interview because preparing for the first one is stressful enough. I hope for good news in a few weeks from them. :)

paDvm8.png0sD7m8.png

mRhYm8.png8tham8.png

Timeline

I got a call from the congressman's office today, and they confirmed that that Nashville office is SEVERLY backed up, but because of my pregnancy and limited window left to travel, they are going to take me as a walk in on Monday!!! :dance: Apparently my EAD has been apporoved for awhile now, but since there is no biometrics...they can't issue it. Also I was told that they never recieved any passport photos with my I-485 (which I know 100% I sent) but I never recieved an RFE for it nor did my online case status indicate that there was an RFE, so apparenlty my I-485 has been on hold, but they are going to take my photos on Monday when I go, so hopefully that will get everything moving along quickly!!!

Timeline

I got a call from the congressman's office today, and they confirmed that that Nashville office is SEVERLY backed up, but because of my pregnancy and limited window left to travel, they are going to take me as a walk in on Monday!!! :dance: Apparently my EAD has been apporoved for awhile now, but since there is no biometrics...they can't issue it. Also I was told that they never recieved any passport photos with my I-485 (which I know 100% I sent) but I never recieved an RFE for it nor did my online case status indicate that there was an RFE, so apparenlty my I-485 has been on hold, but they are going to take my photos on Monday when I go, so hopefully that will get everything moving along quickly!!!

Awesome news! I am so glad that the Congressman's office was able to help you and that you got your EAD! Now you can work if you like! :Dkicking.gif

paDvm8.png0sD7m8.png

mRhYm8.png8tham8.png

Timeline

Awesome news! I am so glad that the Congressman's office was able to help you and that you got your EAD! Now you can work if you like! :Dkicking.gif

Well being 28 weeks pregnant, I think I will have some issues finding a job!!! But fortunately I come from a country that has unemployment insurance that can be used when you are living out of the country (since it is a fund that the employee pays into) and I meet the requirements for that. BUT in order to get it....you need to legally be able to work!!

I just got a follow-up e-mail from the Congressman's office and upon further conversation with INS...my interview (and the need to travel to Memphis) will be waived!! All this good news is going to make for a good weekend for me!! Thank you everyone for your support!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.