1,431 posts in this topic

I wish I had good news for you guys, but...

I arrived at about 8:35, went through security and was seated for about 40 minutes before being called by the IO.

Notice I said "I."

I had to take my husband to the hospital last night so he was unable to make it so I could not be approved today.

Our IO was very sweet, and she took the hospital record I brought and put in a reschedule request. She said it could take 2-3 weeks to receive the letter. She genuinely cared which was a nice surprise.

He is doing okay now, and atleast we weren't denied. I'll let you all know when the letter comes!

I hope your husband has a speedy recovery, Young Love.

Got notice our EAD was mailed today... still no more touches on our GC yet.

Congrats!

Thank God Today.I was approved

Congrats!

Hey Kabhatti,

My GC has been approved.

Congrats to you, too!

OK Young Love, time to tee it up for the September interviews.

Best of luck and looking forward to the "We got it and he's what happened" write up

Good Luck!

We received his EAD card in the mail today! He can officially work in the USA & 16 more days until the green card interview! :D

Yeah! Awesome news, congrats!

Just advising EAD card production ordered, quicker than I expected, AP application was touched also.

I'll have the EAD in my hand soon. Hope everyone is also sailing at a fast clip as well!

:thumbs:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

well good luck to those all in sept interview. My coworker had theirs yesterday and his wife was approved. Now we are going tomorrow.

they didn't ask for much from them she said. They have less evidence then we do so we should be ok. I am still nervous but i have confidence we will pass and then off with my wife and her approval passport to see my grandfather for his birthday. :-)

GOOD LUCK GOD BLESS

robert n grace

also young love hope everything goes good and it is 2 weeks vs 3 i know waiting sucks

june 11th sent AOS paper work

june 24th got the three letters

july 14th finger prints done

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

Glad to hear it! smile.gif

We received his EAD card in the mail today! He can officially work in the USA & 16 more days until the green card interview! :D

Congrats on EAD, good luck with the interview! :thumbs:

Looks like those who receive EAD get notice of interview or decision from CSC fairly shortly after at this stage. So not far away those waiting on EAD!

Adjustment of Status from K-1 visa.

CIS Office: Charleston WV

Date Filed: 2010-06-08

NOA Date: 2010-06-14

RFE(s): 2010-07-26

Bio. Appt: 2010-07-01

AOS Transfer 2010-08-26 CSC

AP and EAD approved 01 September 2010

Service Request issued: March 17, 2011

Green Card Approval: March 29, 2011

Green Card in Hand: April 4, 2011

Permanent Resident since March 23, 2011

Full time State employee (VA)

ROC Window opens: December 23, 2012

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

I hope your husband has a speedy recovery, Young Love.

Sorry to hear about the major setback, good to hear he is getting better, always one of the 'what if' things, best of luck with the next interview!

Adjustment of Status from K-1 visa.

CIS Office: Charleston WV

Date Filed: 2010-06-08

NOA Date: 2010-06-14

RFE(s): 2010-07-26

Bio. Appt: 2010-07-01

AOS Transfer 2010-08-26 CSC

AP and EAD approved 01 September 2010

Service Request issued: March 17, 2011

Green Card Approval: March 29, 2011

Green Card in Hand: April 4, 2011

Permanent Resident since March 23, 2011

Full time State employee (VA)

ROC Window opens: December 23, 2012

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Yeah! Awesome news, congrats!

Thanks!

well good luck to those all in sept interview. My coworker had theirs yesterday and his wife was approved. Now we are going tomorrow.

they didn't ask for much from them she said. They have less evidence then we do so we should be ok. I am still nervous but i have confidence we will pass and then off with my wife and her approval passport to see my grandfather for his birthday. :-)

GOOD LUCK GOD BLESS

robert n grace

also young love hope everything goes good and it is 2 weeks vs 3 i know waiting sucks

Sending you our best wishes for tomorrow.

Congrats on EAD, good luck with the interview! :thumbs:

Looks like those who receive EAD get notice of interview or decision from CSC fairly shortly after at this stage. So not far away those waiting on EAD!

Thanks!

paDvm8.png0sD7m8.png

mRhYm8.png8tham8.png

Filed: H-1B Visa Country: India
Timeline

I wish I had good news for you guys, but...

I arrived at about 8:35, went through security and was seated for about 40 minutes before being called by the IO.

Notice I said "I."

I had to take my husband to the hospital last night so he was unable to make it so I could not be approved today.

Our IO was very sweet, and she took the hospital record I brought and put in a reschedule request. She said it could take 2-3 weeks to receive the letter. She genuinely cared which was a nice surprise.

He is doing okay now, and atleast we weren't denied. I'll let you all know when the letter comes!

Young Love...I hope your husband is ok and that you too are ok. Don't worry about the interview. It will happen. And you will get it. Hope he is fine and better now.

Try calling USCIS and asking for an expedited interview date. Just a thought...

Adjustment of Status

Date Filed : 6/16

NOA Date : 6/21 (Day 1)

Received Appt letter- 06/28 (Day 7)

Bio. Appt. : 07/22 (for Day 31)

Walk-in Bio Attempt- 07/02 (SUCCESS!!!!) Saved 20 days of waiting :) (Day 11)

TOUCH- 07/06 (Day 15)

Case Status Finally shows up on line- 07/06 (Day 15)

I-485 TOUCH- 07/08 (Day 17)

I-485, 1-130 TOUCH- 07/13 (Day 22)

NOA for Interview- 7/22 (Day 31)

Interview Date : Interview in Los Angeles!!! 8/24 (for Day 64)

I-485, I-130 Touch: 08/07 (Day 47...possibly to update my new last name)

Approval / Denial Date : Approved. 8/24 (DAY 64-WOW!)

Approved : Yes! Yes! Yes!

Got I551 Stamp : No

Greencard Received: expecting to receive by end of first week in September

Comments :

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

roboleftca - good luck today!! i am sure it will go well.

young love - so sorry to hear about your husband. sending over good vibes for a speedy recovery...

Immigration Process

Detailed version on my "About Me" page

01/13/2010: K-1 Interview - VIsa Approved!

05/10/2010: Wedding Day!

01/11/2011: AOS Approved!

05/03/2013: ROC Approved!

08/06/2014: Interview - CITIZENSHIP APPROVED!

08/19/2014: Oath Ceremony

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

All these approvals is great to hear!! Congrats to everyone. Unfortunately I am still waiting for my bio appt letter :crying: my ASC currently has no capacity, so I have no idea when it might happen. It really sucks to be in such limbo. At least I only have to wait about 6 more weeks before I can start recieving some money for my maternity benefits, and thanksfully I don't need my EAD for that!!!

Timeline

We passsssed!!!! Give me mor of an update out an about and postiing this on my phone and we have flight to see my parent today. I'll let ya know later all the detail. It was pretty simple.

june 11th sent AOS paper work

june 24th got the three letters

july 14th finger prints done

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: England
Timeline

As some might remember, we had our interview on the 20th August, the chap kept saying that the green card would take 5-6 weeks but he didn't say if we are approved or not.

No updates at all after the interview on the uscis site, it was saying that the last touch on the AOS was 8/10 however today it has updated to say that the AOS was touched on 8/17, no change in progress (still at the acceptance stage, the first blue dot) but a touch over 2 weeks ago that was only registered today....wierd.

Adjustment of Status

Date Filed : 6/2

NOA Date : 6/10

Bio Appt letter date- 06/14

Bio. Appt. : 07/2

TOUCH (EAD/AOS)- 07/02, 07/05, 07/06, 07/08, 08/03 (AOS)

Interview Date : 08/20

EAD production ordered 08/04

AP delivered 08/09/10

EAD Mailed notice 08/13

Filed: Timeline

As some might remember, we had our interview on the 20th August, the chap kept saying that the green card would take 5-6 weeks but he didn't say if we are approved or not.

No updates at all after the interview on the uscis site, it was saying that the last touch on the AOS was 8/10 however today it has updated to say that the AOS was touched on 8/17, no change in progress (still at the acceptance stage, the first blue dot) but a touch over 2 weeks ago that was only registered today....wierd.

I was also approved two days again and I was hoping there would be a change to document card production,up till now nothing seems to changed at all.I have to check my congratulations letter given to me again and again.The IO told me many times that we are approved.I know I sould desperate and anxious.I just want to see positivity on my case from the beginning to the end.

Let keep on praying.This is where we have to be patient.We have been approved, and we will get it soon.Sometime the website is not being updated to everybody's case.

All these approvals is great to hear!! Congrats to everyone. Unfortunately I am still waiting for my bio appt letter :crying: my ASC currently has no capacity, so I have no idea when it might happen. It really sucks to be in such limbo. At least I only have to wait about 6 more weeks before I can start recieving some money for my maternity benefits, and thanksfully I don't need my EAD for that!!!

Sorry about the biometrics letter. Have you tried scheduling an info pass?

We passsssed!!!! Give me mor of an update out an about and postiing this on my phone and we have flight to see my parent today. I'll let ya know later all the detail. It was pretty simple.

Congrats!!!

Timeline

We had our interview at San Francisco around 125PM. We got to the place at 1245pm, looking for parking and left our cell inside the car. But we were surprise that you can bring your cell, but you have to turn off.

The place looks like empty. Officer Lee, a Chinese mid 50's, greeted us was we walk in to his office. He was such a great guy!! We told him how nervous we are, and he told not to since he wouldn't bite us. He asked how we met and when. We even told him our stories, where and when we met, proposed and engaged. Officer Lee asked for some pictures. We showed him our album and he asked for three pictures with three events. We gave him our wedding pic, friends visiting us, and other pics. He asked for rental/lease agreement which we dont since I own a place. So he asked for bank join account, health insurance with my fiancee's name, life/auto insurance, and even our joint phone bill. He got all the originals. We asked if he wants photocopies, and he told us that originals are fine with him and we could download originals later if we want (kinda weird). Finally, office asked if my fiancee is working. He asked also if my fiancee has SSN, and we showed to him.

Finally, he said that AOS interview is approved and handed us the letter.

When we got to my car, I had a blocked message from Officer Lee, that he doesnt have the medical result. So he has to mail the notice of action. He mentioned that it is nothing serious. So we decided to go back the bldg, which is good thing that we have the copy of our appt letter and medical from the Philippines. We went to the receptionist, told that we're back since Officer Lee needs our medical. The receptionist told us that Officer Lee might be having another interview and busy but not until we saw Officer Lee went out to call a couple, and waived our hands to him. Officer Lee let us walk in his room, and there we saw a sealed enveloped about to mail to us. Officer Lee opened the letter, handed to us and explained that most of the time, immigration from the POE SFO, forgot to route and include the medical result to our KI Visa approval package. Office Lee mentioned that it is not our fault, but we have to complete our medical again, which include TB test and syphyllis test. So we have to go USCIS medical/civil surgeon and pay again.

Really, Officer Lee was really such a great guy. Our interview went well, calm and pleasant except for the screwed medical result done in POE SFO. But well, we have to do this anytime soon.

Thanks for everyone, and for the next year we have to move to lift green card condition forum. Good luck to everyone. Cheers!!

We did the medical test result last Aug 18, mailed the result Aug 20 and USCIS received Aug 23. But as of this writing, we havent heard from USCIS. My question is : Do I have to mail again the medical test result to them before Sept 16 - 30 days per their letter? It will cost us $30 to have the test result again and planning to mail next week Sept 10 just before Sept 16 - 30 days alloted time per their letter.

I am seeking your intellectual advice. Did anybody have the same experience.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: China
Timeline

We had a successful interview today in spite of me. After compiling, sorting, punching, printing and worrying about the questions that would be asked and if I didn't take enough pictures and the fact that I left my last two months pay deposits at the house it would have been totally quick and easy if I would have just shut up.

We got there in time to see the end of what appeared to be a Stokes interview as the young lady what very quiet and nervous by the entry door and was called in after about 15 minutes of waiting and 10 minutes later she and what appeared to be her husband left with the IO stating "We'll get back with you".

Our IO lead us into the back office after taking ID's. After the swearing in and cell phone being placed in its own designated box IO started right in with Yi. After starting the questions he took the I-94 out of her passport and kept asking questions. I watched this and thought we were so easily in. First question to her was when did you get married. Of course she answered correctly and I tried to tell her she was wrong and gave some total BS date that I still don't know why I said that date. The pen to paper went into overdrive and the questions were on. I still don't know what I was thinking, or not thinking as the case may be. As Yi said I should have just sat there and looked pretty - funny after the fact.

Questions all addressed to Yi:

When were you married? What city were you born in? Parents first names, individually. Do you have children together? Does your husband have children? Your first marriage? Are you currently working? What is your correct work? Do you have authorization to work? Took her EAD looked at it and kept it, a better sign after the first two minutes. The "Have you ever ...." questions. He mumbled one other one that I didn't hear but Yi did and she answered and I said something and he then asked me if she apply for me or what.

After this he shifted to me. Do you still work at the same place? He ask if I had children and if this was my first marriage. If I brought a copy of the divorce decree. I did make another copy and put it in my Spouse qualification folder. This will make the fourth copy of the decree that they have now. I added child support payment records. He spent very little time on this and then wanted to see the relationship material. Had it indexed from the deed to our house to the inital credit card accounts I had her on while she was still in China. He went over each one of these line by line. After this he said that he was approving the petition and he changed the date on his stamp, stamped her passport, stamped the 485 in the file and printed out a congratulations you are approved letter. I noticed the passport stamp did have IR6 on it but made sure to ask again that it was IR not CR and he pointed out the IR6 designation. Told him we would see him in 10 years and we left. I still don't know how I missed our wedding date.

Edited by Longbranch

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.