J & J

Medical Review in Toronto

10 posts in this topic

Hello Fellow VJ members,

My medical was on May 17th and all went relatively well besides the fact I only had 2 hours of sleep in 24 hours..lol So I was a little bit scatterbrained, nervous and tired all at the same time, but luckily everyone who worked at doctor Seidens in Toronto was reaaaaaallly nice.

So to start it off, I arrived very early around 5:30am, we ended up getting a parking space right in front of the building. There were about 5 other people who arrived very early as well.

I ended up walking up to the doors around 6:30am, they were still locked, but right after I arrived at the doors a lady arrived who was also going to Dr Seidens and then another lady came up and started talking and wiggling at the doors making noise..lol (At that time we didn’t know she worked there).. We were wondering if the office had a code because there was a punch phone on the wall, but the lady who worked there said they don’t usually answer it anyways. So we just stood and chitchatted for about 5 minutes until someone arrived to open the doors.

Once someone arrived, we were guided right to the medical office (which is the first office to the left right when you walk in) I and the other lady were guided to where they have a room to take all your information. She asked for my: Immunization list, passport (two forms of ID), 3 passport photos, P3 or Interview letter with case number and of course the money $275 and courier fee $50.

Then was told to go to the x-ray area which is to the left once your leaving the office/room where you pay (you will see signs that say X-Ray) there is a row of chairs in the narrow hallway. You sit and wait for your turn. There was about 5 other people in the seats already, someone must have let them in before 6:30am, but they had to wait because the lady that was outside with us ended up being the X-Ray doctor..lol

After the X-Ray I was told to sit in the chairs by the office where we had to pay. Didn’t wait long and then someone guided me to another room (where my check-up would be taken) this is where the real waiting takes place.

Waited awhile before a nice gentlemen walked into the room and asked me to come with him to get my blood work done. He had a hard time finding my vein on my right arm, so he tried my left arm instead. He said he still was having a hard time, but he will see what he can do..lol I didn’t look at all the whole time, I had my hand hiding my view..haha Told him to tell me when he was done. Once he was done, I asked if it was ok, he said it wasn’t easy but it’s done.. Overall he did a good job because I didn’t even feel anything and I got no bruises..Yay!!

Once that was over with, I was guided back to my lonely room. Waited a lot longer or felt like a lot longer, I nearly feel asleep waiting in my quiet room. After awhile a nurse came in and took my blood pressure and told me to change into the gown, waited a lot more and then the doctor and the same nurse came in and started asking me the common health questions and he checked all the answers off quickly. The doctor was very friendly and liked to crack jokes, so he made it easier to relax. The nurse was very friendly as well, she was the one who did the physical check up, the doctor just did the questioning and paperwork. Overall it didn’t take long at all maybe 10-15 minutes tops and 5-10 minutes for the doctor, he disappeared before I knew it. After he left the nurse continued with the breast check, tapping on belly and to peek “down below”. Once that was all over with, it was all done. I was told to bring my lil paper to the front desk and that was it. Simple as pie. Definitely nothing to worry about. Everything was so laid back.

Do arrive early; I can’t imagine how long people wait when they don’t. The waiting room at the front was packed by the time I went to get my blood work done. I ended up getting out of Dr Seidens office at around 9:30am.

So that was it,

Happy Medicals :) to everyone!

For more information on our journey please see our 'About Me' page on our profile!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

:thumbs: Great review

Good luck on the rest of your journey

USCIS
August 12, 2008 - petition sent
August 16, 2008 - NOA-1
February 10, 2009 - NOA-2
178 DAYS FROM NOA-1

NVC
February 13, 2009 - NVC case number assigned
March 12, 2009 - Case Complete
25 DAY TRIP THROUGH NVC

Medical
May 4, 2009

Interview
May, 26, 2009

POE - June 20, 2009 Toronto - Atlanta, GA

Removal of Conditions
Filed - April 14, 2011
Biometrics - June 2, 2011 (early)
Approval - November 9, 2011
209 DAY TRIP TO REMOVE CONDITIONS

Citizenship

April 29, 2013 - NOA1 for petition received

September 10, 2013 Interview - decision could not be made.

April 15, 2014 APPROVED. Wait for oath ceremony

Waited...

September 29, 2015 - sent letter to senator.

October 16, 2015 - US Citizen

Yay!!! so happy to hear that your medical went smoothly. It gives me comfort that you survived the vampires without damage. Hopefully I get that guy!!! lol

Life is like a roller coaster. Hold on tight and enjoy the ride!

• 4 weeks later...

Just had my medical this morning - J & J, great review, hardly anything to add except:

- I arrived at 7:15 am, about 12 people in front of me (including couple families), was out at 9:15 am

- I paid first, then x-ray, then blood, then medical history/questionnaire (with very hilarious male doctor), then breast exam (with female nurse)

It really was all very uneventful. Lots of waiting around but just used the time to get caught up on my reading. Was told to come back on Weds. to pick up the file and xrays.

So happy, another thing off my list!

Edited by Brenda2010

For information on our K1/AOS/ROC journey please see my 'About Me' page on my profile.

My financee had her medical at the end of April. We had planned to get there early (6:45) but due to an accident on the QE2 we ended up there late (9:15). Luckily by that time there were not many people there and we were still out in a couple hours.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Just had my medical this morning - J & J, great review, hardly anything to add except:

- I arrived at 7:15 am, about 12 people in front of me (including couple families), was out at 9:15 am

- I paid first, then x-ray, then blood, then medical history/questionnaire (with very hilarious male doctor), then breast exam (with female nurse)

It really was all very uneventful. Lots of waiting around but just used the time to get caught up on my reading. Was told to come back on Weds. to pick up the file and xrays.

So happy, another thing off my list!

Did you happen to see my husband sleeping in the waiting room??(big guy, shaved head, tatoos, red shirt). I was ahead of you by a few people I guess...I was there 6:20 and out by 8:20.

Married 01/01/2004

Living in Canada together for 6 years~~now it's time to go his way~~

USCIS Journey

I-130 package received - 11/18/2009

Check Cashed - $355 11/25/2009

NOA1 - 11/23/2009

NOA2 - 3/9/2010

NOA2 hard copy received - 3/16/2010

106 days from NOA1 to Approval

NVC Journey

NVC Received: 3/12/2010

Called NVC to get case#: 3/15/2010

Sent OPTIN email for electronic processing: 3/15/2010

Sent DS-3032 "letter format" via email: 3/15/2010

Received DS-3032/I-864 Bill via email: 3/17/2010

Pay I-864 Bill: $70 3/17/2010

I-864 Bill shows paid on DOS site: 3/22/2010

Receive I-864 Package: 3/22/2010

OPTIN accepted: 3/24/2010 (9 days)

Return Completed I-864: 3/24/2010

Receive IV Bill: 3/24/2010

Pay IV Bill: $400 3/24/2010

DS-230 bill shows paid on DOS site: 3/26/2010

Hubby moved back to USA: 3/25/2010

Receive DS-230 Package: 3/28/2010

Return Completed DS-230 Package: 3/28/2010

Resent AOS package because they didn't receive the first one: 4/2/2010

Log-In Fail: 4/9/2010

Case Completed at NVC : 4/9/2010 (28 days)

Received Interview date: 5/1/2010 (20 days)

Medical Exam: $275 + $50 for delivery 6/14/2010

Interview date: 6/23/2010 (75 days)

POE: 6/28/2010 Rainbow Bridge Niagara Falls, NY

Too funny, I did see him/sat beside him in fact. I was in a black dress...bloody knees...wonder if he noticed...I was so embarassed! Fell on the streetcar on the way over...the nurses patched me up when I arrived, such nice people!

For information on our K1/AOS/ROC journey please see my 'About Me' page on my profile.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Too funny, I did see him/sat beside him in fact. I was in a black dress...bloody knees...wonder if he noticed...I was so embarassed! Fell on the streetcar on the way over...the nurses patched me up when I arrived, such nice people!

That is funny! Sorry about your fall though. I'm sure he never noticed...but I will ask him when I see him.

Married 01/01/2004

Living in Canada together for 6 years~~now it's time to go his way~~

USCIS Journey

I-130 package received - 11/18/2009

Check Cashed - $355 11/25/2009

NOA1 - 11/23/2009

NOA2 - 3/9/2010

NOA2 hard copy received - 3/16/2010

106 days from NOA1 to Approval

NVC Journey

NVC Received: 3/12/2010

Called NVC to get case#: 3/15/2010

Sent OPTIN email for electronic processing: 3/15/2010

Sent DS-3032 "letter format" via email: 3/15/2010

Received DS-3032/I-864 Bill via email: 3/17/2010

Pay I-864 Bill: $70 3/17/2010

I-864 Bill shows paid on DOS site: 3/22/2010

Receive I-864 Package: 3/22/2010

OPTIN accepted: 3/24/2010 (9 days)

Return Completed I-864: 3/24/2010

Receive IV Bill: 3/24/2010

Pay IV Bill: $400 3/24/2010

DS-230 bill shows paid on DOS site: 3/26/2010

Hubby moved back to USA: 3/25/2010

Receive DS-230 Package: 3/28/2010

Return Completed DS-230 Package: 3/28/2010

Resent AOS package because they didn't receive the first one: 4/2/2010

Log-In Fail: 4/9/2010

Case Completed at NVC : 4/9/2010 (28 days)

Received Interview date: 5/1/2010 (20 days)

Medical Exam: $275 + $50 for delivery 6/14/2010

Interview date: 6/23/2010 (75 days)

POE: 6/28/2010 Rainbow Bridge Niagara Falls, NY

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.