mdusa

Medical Exam at Woking Clinic Vancouver Experience!

29 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hi VJ Community!

I just had my medical this morning and thought I would share my experience and offer some tips!

Here’s the play by play:

600am: Arrived early as I couldn’t sleep b/c I was worried I would miss my appointment! There was a line already waiting outside.

630am: Doors open and everyone receives a number. Once everyone has a number, consent forms and basic information are handed out. Everyone fills out the form and attaches photos, proof of vaccinations, any other medical records that might apply and passport. You are then told to go to waiting area for blood test.

700am: Blood Test, pretty speedy if they can find your vein! (Remember your photocopy of your passport as this is needed for the blood test)

715am: back to waiting room to wait for x-ray.

730am: x-ray is taken, super efficient!

745am: back to waiting room to wait for doctor check.

800am: The doctor checkup is pretty basic and similar to a general checkup you would get at your doctor’s office. The nurse then gives you an eye exam (remember your glasses!) and measures your weight and height. Note that there is only one doctor so the later you arrive, the longer your wait time will be.

820am: pay with your certified money order. You are then told to return at 2pm to pick up results!

My tips:

*Arrive early as they go in order, it’s beneficial to be in the first group of 5 as they do blood tests and xrays in groups! I arrived right before 6am and there were 4 people already in front of me!

**Have proof of vaccinations. If you don’t they’ll send you to the Travel Clinic on Georgia and won’t give you the completed package. Note also that MMR and Tdap are covered by MSP so you’ll also end up saving money if you do it beforehand.

***As Woking Medical emphasizes on their website if you have everything the process is relatively painless!

Good luck!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I was there this morning too, lol. Unfortunately I arrived at 6:05am and there was already 11 people ahead of me in the lineup.

The blood test (for Syphillis) was a mess! The nurse kept digging for my vein in my left arm (OUCH!) and when no blood came out, we had to go for the vein in the right arm. I've never had anyone so incompetent in getting blood out of me (I get monthly blood tests done for my thyroids). I got bandaids on both arms now. :(

No X-ray for preggo me, but I still had to wait out that portion with the rest of the folks who are getting them done. No acceleration in the queue for me.

As for the doctor checkup, ladies, please remember to wear your bra! Today I didn't, :lol: , and had to cover my breasts up with my hands when he (the doctor) checked my stomach area. I appreciated the female nurse being present during the checkup.

Just a note: I had to pay for Tdap vaccination because it's for immigration purposes so it's not covered by MSP. :(

Oh, one more thing! If you're preggo, you need to also bring in a statement from your doctor indicating that you're pregnant and when you're due. It's NOT listed on their requirement list so now I have to run around and get that for them.

Edited by Revenesque

08-31-07: MARRIED!

USCS JOURNEY

04-18-08 : Mailed I-130

05-28-08 : Received NOA2

NVC JOURNEY

08-26-08: Mailed Choice of Agent (DS-3032)

09-19-08: DS-3032 received. Notice to pay IV Application Processing fee

06-08-09: Paid $400 IV fee and $70 AOS fee

12-21-09: Mailed AOS and IV package

12-28-09: Failed Login

01-07-10: Case complete!!!

MONTREAL EMBASSY JOURNEY

03-31-10 : Medical exam

04-27-10 : Interview date

11-12-10 : Received Visa

03-06-11 : USA entry

dVUNm7.png

Timeline

Ravenesque: that is so funny that we were there together. Good tips about being preggers and also wearing the bra! It's true, they let me keep mine on although I did have to ask. Congrats on the bun in the oven! good luck on your visa journey!

AlanaMike: Congrats on getting your K-1 approved!

• 8 months later...
Filed: Timeline

Just make sure you really follow the website. If you go without proof of vaccines (or anything missing) you end up with a "deferral" which takes alot longer than if you had just gotten the vaccines or brought whatever is missing.

The lady in front of me (and her child) didn't have some vaccine and she was confident she'd just get sent to the Travel Clinic (which is how it used to be). Well, I went with her to the Travel Clinci, but they didn't have the vaccine she needed. She got a 'deferral' which means nothing gets looked at until you present proof of what is missing.

What they don't tell you is that the deferral cases are only completed ONCE weekly because new cases each week have priority. They only do deferral cases ONCE a week and only after all the new cases have been seen and ONly if there is time. Plus, there are a bunch of other deferrals ahead of you so your file could sit there awhile.

By not showing up with the right things you could be delayed for awhile.

• 3 weeks later...

A few questions for yall!

I do have my shots... but not 100% knowing the age it occured, do I just get boosters to be safe?

And medical history..how far back do I have to go, five, ten years? I'm foggy on who my doctor was over ten years ago (i've lived in three different cities)

Thanks for the help!

Life is like a box of chocolates - never know what you're gonna get!

I love my sexy american man!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

A few questions for yall!

I do have my shots... but not 100% knowing the age it occured, do I just get boosters to be safe?

And medical history..how far back do I have to go, five, ten years? I'm foggy on who my doctor was over ten years ago (i've lived in three different cities)

Thanks for the help!

You will need documentation of your vaccinations or immune status. If you cannot access your records you can get your titres done to prove immunity.

You do need to provide your medical records ( aside from verbally to the MD during the medical) unless you have an ongoing health issue. Usually a letter from your current MD outlining your status and any medications or treatments involved is sufficient.

Edited by OBX

USCIS

NOA1 08/19/08

NOA2 01/20/09

NVC

Received 01/26/09

Completed 02/13/09 (19 Days)

Interview Assigned 03/27/09 (6 weeks after NVC completion)

Medical

04/14/09 (Toronto)

Interview

Montreal 05/12/09 (88 days after NVC completion) **APPROVED**

POE

06/16/09 Buffalo

07/02/09 Welcome Letter Received

07/07/09 Applied for SSN

07/10/09 "Card production ordered" email received

07/13/09 SSN received

07/14/09 "Approval notice sent" email received

07/17/09 GREEN CARD received

Removal of Conditions

03/21/11 I-751 mailed to VSC

03/23/11 I-751 received at VSC

03/29/11 Cheque Cashed

03/30/11 NOA1 received (3/24/11)

04/11/11 Biometrics appointment notice received

05/05/11 Biometric appointment

12/13/11 **Approval date** (5 days short of 9 months!)

12/19/11 Approval letter and green card received

Naturalization

05/16/2019 Filed online (estimated completion February 2020)

05/18/2019 Biometrics scheduled

05/21/2019 Receipt notice and biometrics notices posted to online account.05/23/2019 Hard copy of NOA1 received

05/24/2019 Hard copy of biometrics appointment received

06/07/2019 Biometrics appointment (estimated completion January 2020)

12/31/2019 Email received "Interview scheduled"

01/01/2020 Interview date notice posted to online account (02/19/2020)

01/05/2019 Hard copy of interview appointment received

02/19/2020 Interview (**Approved**) and same day Oath Ceremony. 

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

where can I find the list of what vaccinations I should have? I saw a list once, but it seemed awfully long, and I considered it could be different for Canadians. Also, when I went to school in the US, I was required to have several vaccinations. Does anyone know if this is the same requirement? Same experience? Also, how does one go about getting records of vaccinations? I moved to a different province when I was 7 and I have no idea where they are....

I-129F Sent : 2011-01-20

I-129F NOA1 : 2011-01-24

I-129F NOA2 : 2011-06-08

Packet 3 Received : 2011-07-02

Packet 3 Sent : 2011-07-03

Packet 4 Received : 2011-07-21

Interview Date : 2011-08-24

Interview Result :Approved!

POE: 2011-09-12

Married: 2011-09-30

AOS filed: 2011-10-17

NOA1: 2011-10-25

Biometrics Appt: 2011-11-09

Case transferred to CSC: 2011-12-23

EAD approval: 2011-12-28

Husband secretly pulled I-864 thus cancelling I-485 application 2012-05-10

F22zm4.png[/center]

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

where can I find the list of what vaccinations I should have? I saw a list once, but it seemed awfully long, and I considered it could be different for Canadians. Also, when I went to school in the US, I was required to have several vaccinations. Does anyone know if this is the same requirement? Same experience? Also, how does one go about getting records of vaccinations? I moved to a different province when I was 7 and I have no idea where they are....

http://www.panelphysicians.com/Pages/Age6.htm

As for where to get records...If you went to school at some point in Canada most cases the local health department (Local to where you went to school and lived when you were growing up.) I am not sure about the states though, I mean I just used the washington county health department the othere day and they seem to do the same as Canada. Call around :)

~~~Marriage : 2009-07-10~~~

~~~I-130 Sent : 2009-11-24~~~

~~~ Medical : 2010-09-28~~~ ~~~ MTL Interview : 2010-10-20~~~ ~~~ APPROVED~~~

~~~POE Date :2010-10-31~~~ ~~~Received SSN's 2010-11-08~~

~~~Welcome Letter/Notice Receipt :2010-11-30~~~ ~~~Received Our Green Cards 2010-12-06~~~

~~~ ROC :2012-08-20~~~ ~~~NOA1 :2012-08-28~~~ ~~~BIO :2012-09-25~~~~

age.png

age.png

event.png

~~~Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.~~~

• 5 months later...
Timeline

Just a quick review of the Woking Medical Services.

I had my medical today, so thought I would let other people who are heading there soon how it went. My friend and I got there just after 530am, and there were 5 people ahead of us. They let us in at 6:10am, and there were quite a few people by then (around 20). We went up the elevators since we had a stroller, but you could take the stairs as well to the second floor. Then we got our numbers for the day from the office in the back right corner of the room. Some people managed to budge a bit while getting their numbers, so I ended up getting the 8th number.

After they explained the procedure for the day, we filled out two forms. These forms are very easy to do, and shouldn't take too much time. Then it was off to the bloodwork lab down the hallway. I think they open at 7:15am or so, so there is a bit of a wait. They called us in by numbers, which worked well since most people were not done yet. I am a bit of a chicken when it comes to needles, but they were very friendly and calming there.

Then it was off to the x-ray. This was called by our names, so I am not sure what the order was, it was not alphabetical. But I have a feeling they called from the last to come, since physicals were happening at the same time, and that was going by your number. This was a little strange since you are required to undress from the waist up, and put on a paper/fabric gown on top. I was with a another lady at the same time, so I felt fine, but if you have mixed genders at the same time, it might be a little awkward. The x-ray itself was super quick and painless.

Then we waited for the physical. Dr. Langley did mine, and it was very quick and not intrusive. She was very nice and easy to feel comfortable around. She checked eye, throat, ears, thyroid, spine, blood pressure, heartbeat, general posture etc. She also did a breast exam, but I think if you are under a certain age they do not. I am not sure of that age though, since one nurse I wouldn't need to, but then she did anyways. After that, a nurse checks your vision, weight, and height.

All in all, I was done around 8:30am, and had to come back between 1:15-1:30 to get results. Everything was ready then. Oh, and the x-rays are now on a disc which is pretty neat, I was expecting to carry around a tube for the rest of the day.

Everything who worked there was very nice and patient I felt. As long as you bring what they ask for, it will all be good!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Just a quick review of the Woking Medical Services.

I had my medical today, so thought I would let other people who are heading there soon how it went. My friend and I got there just after 530am, and there were 5 people ahead of us. They let us in at 6:10am, and there were quite a few people by then (around 20). We went up the elevators since we had a stroller, but you could take the stairs as well to the second floor. Then we got our numbers for the day from the office in the back right corner of the room. Some people managed to budge a bit while getting their numbers, so I ended up getting the 8th number.

After they explained the procedure for the day, we filled out two forms. These forms are very easy to do, and shouldn't take too much time. Then it was off to the bloodwork lab down the hallway. I think they open at 7:15am or so, so there is a bit of a wait. They called us in by numbers, which worked well since most people were not done yet. I am a bit of a chicken when it comes to needles, but they were very friendly and calming there.

Then it was off to the x-ray. This was called by our names, so I am not sure what the order was, it was not alphabetical. But I have a feeling they called from the last to come, since physicals were happening at the same time, and that was going by your number. This was a little strange since you are required to undress from the waist up, and put on a paper/fabric gown on top. I was with a another lady at the same time, so I felt fine, but if you have mixed genders at the same time, it might be a little awkward. The x-ray itself was super quick and painless.

Then we waited for the physical. Dr. Langley did mine, and it was very quick and not intrusive. She was very nice and easy to feel comfortable around. She checked eye, throat, ears, thyroid, spine, blood pressure, heartbeat, general posture etc. She also did a breast exam, but I think if you are under a certain age they do not. I am not sure of that age though, since one nurse I wouldn't need to, but then she did anyways. After that, a nurse checks your vision, weight, and height.

All in all, I was done around 8:30am, and had to come back between 1:15-1:30 to get results. Everything was ready then. Oh, and the x-rays are now on a disc which is pretty neat, I was expecting to carry around a tube for the rest of the day.

Everything who worked there was very nice and patient I felt. As long as you bring what they ask for, it will all be good!

Thanks for taking the time to post your review. I'm not at the medical stage yet, but will be going to Woking Medical when the time comes. Hope it won't be too much longer! :) Thanks again!

Naturalization Journey

02-08-2016: N-400 sent

03-08-2016: Biometrics appointment

03-11-2016: Notification "in-line for interview"

04-04-2016: Received interview letter (for May 11)

05-11-2016: Interview (passed!)

06-27-2016: Oath ceremony-->I'm a US citizen!

ROC Journey

06-16-2014: I-751 application package sent to VSC

06-20-2014: Date of NOA1

07-18-2014: Biometrics appointment

11-18-2014: Case transferred to CSC

02-24-2015: ROC approved!!

AOS Journey
02-06-2012: I-485 (plus I-765 and I-131) sent
02-14-2012: Requested an expedite of my EAD due to job offer
02-29-2012: Contacted congressman to help with EAD expedite request
03-02-2012: EAD + AP approved! (Day 25)
09-27-2012: Green card received! (no interview!)

K-1 Visa Journey
05-18-2011: NOA1
11-21-2011: NOA2 *only* 187 days from NOA1!
01-05-2012: Interview at consulate in Vancouver, Canada - visa approved!!!!
01-18-2012: Wedding!!! Yay! We are married!!!

Timeline

I had my medical today, so thought I would let other people who are heading there soon how it went.

What did you bring with you (medical records, old xrays etc)? Do they want you to bring every Xray you've ever had, records from every doctor you're ever been to? Do you have any tips you could share about the best way of collecting these sort of things. We're worried that we'll neglect to bring something and have to spend weeks trying to acquire it.

Thanks!

Timeline

What did you bring with you (medical records, old xrays etc)? Do they want you to bring every Xray you've ever had, records from every doctor you're ever been to? Do you have any tips you could share about the best way of collecting these sort of things. We're worried that we'll neglect to bring something and have to spend weeks trying to acquire it.

Thanks!

I brought 2 copies of the following (just in case!)

copy of identity page of my passport

bank draft/money order for $350

immunization records/doctors note for TDAP vaccination

Packet 3 letter with full name + case number

3 2x2 passport photos

also bring your passport

that was it. the longest part was getting together my immunization records, but I just called the local health department for them. They keep them on file from school years.

hope this helps you out :)

Timeline

I brought 2 copies of the following (just in case!)

copy of identity page of my passport

bank draft/money order for $350

immunization records/doctors note for TDAP vaccination

Packet 3 letter with full name + case number

3 2x2 passport photos

also bring your passport

that was it. the longest part was getting together my immunization records, but I just called the local health department for them. They keep them on file from school years.

hope this helps you out :)

Thanks for the review, my medical in Van is on the 20th of July, At what point did you pay? Did they need 2 copies or did you just bring 2 in case you lost one?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.