Wife of Mohammed

Egypt: Police Certificate Process

11 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

For Egypt, I found the following information:

Police Records

Available. Police certificates are obtainable by both Egyptians and non-Egyptians who were born in, or who permanently reside, or have resided in Egypt. The Police Certificate, called a "Criminal Status Record" (Saheefat al Hala al Gina'iyya), may be obtained upon application to the police station nearest the applicant's place of residence in Egypt, and normally takes between one and five working days. Applicants are fingerprinted on the reverse side of the application form. The certificate will indicate if the applicant has served prison time, but will not indicate detentions, arrests or convictions without imprisonment. An applicant abroad must apply to the nearest Egyptian consular officer who will fingerprint them and forward their applications to the Ministry of Interior, Cairo. Upon completion, the report is sent to the applicant. The latter procedure usually involves considerable delay. Since the certificates are eventually issued, they must be considered available.

http://travel.state.gov/visa/frvi/reciprocity/reciprocity_3554.html

The applicant must submit police certificates that meet the following guidelines. The police certificate must:

* Cover the entire period of the applicant’s residence in that area

* Be issued by the appropriate police authority

* Include all arrests, the reason for the arrest(s), and the disposition of each case of which there is a record.

http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/info/info_3195.html#police

1. As far as the directions are concerned, my husband would first apply at his city of residence(hes in Egypt) and they mail it back to him after a max of 5 days?

2. Does this report include all the places he had lived in Egypt for more than 6 months?

3. Is there an expiration date on this certificate?

4. Do you have any other suggestions about how to get through this process the fastest?

Thanks in advance for any post...We really need your input, no matter how small. Thanks again!

NVC 2010

Apr. 05 - Case No. Assigned & eMails Given to NVC Operator

Apr. 06 - DS3032 (VJ format)eMail sent

Apr. 08 - DS3032 Accepted & Invoice Bill(eMail)

Apr. 09 - Paid both AOS eBill & IV eBill

Apr. 13 - AOS & IV status "Paid"/Received Cover Sheets eMail), AOS Pkg. mailed :)

Apr. 14 - DS230 Instruction Pkt Received (eMail)

Apr. 16 - AOS Pkt Received UPS Confirmation

Apr. 22 - DS230 Pkt mailed from Egypt by Husband

Apr. 24 - AOS entered into AVR, Apr. 28 No RFE :)

Apr. 29 - DS230 entered into AVR

May 09 - RFE per AVR :(

May 11 - RFE Mailed, May 13 Delivered, May 20 AVR Updated

May 28 - Case Complete per AVR

July 15 - Interview Date, Cairo APPROVED!!

May 26 - August 2: In Egypt with my sweet husband Mohammed :D

USCIS 2010

Jan. 20 - I-130 Sent

Jan. 27 - NOA1

Apr. 01 - NOA2 Approval(email/txt msg @ 1am)

Your I-130 was approved in 63 days from your NOA1 date.

Dec. 20 2009 - Married in Cairo, Egypt.

event.png

event.png

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Hello!

Your hubby should go to the police station in the area listed on his ID. So, if he is from Heliopolis, he should go to the police station there; If he is from Nasr City, he should go that police station etc. They will do a criminal check on him there.

I think it just says if he has any criminal history. We got it after 3 days or something. He had to go pick it up at the station. It wasn't that difficult of a process. They just take fingerprints and you come back for it a few days later. We did ours in Alexandria, though...

Hope that helped!

Edited by ya hayat alby ♥

ahlawy.jpg

l9v9m4.png

807bc02469.gif

"The believers, in their love, mutual kindness, and close ties, are like one body; when any part complains, the whole body responds to it with wakefulness and fever." [Muslim]

"Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you have imagined." Henry David Thoreau

"We must accept finite disappointment, but never lose infinite hope." Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

Timeline

me too i did it in alexandria i just get it 2day he go in the police station in his area and he pay only 3 pounds i paid 10 (7 as tips lol) and i get it after 3 days with blue sale that mean u didnt have any crime and if he have he get red sale he should take with him one personal photo 4*6 and 2 copies from his id and pick it up after 3 days then go to ministry of Foreigns sale it then translate it and its expire after 3 monthes i think thats exactly what i did with mine if u needed any help just ask and i will answer

Timeline

Thanks ya hayat alby ♥ & egypt lover...this helped us out big time! We were not exactly sure what to do and I was getting stressed out and was stressing out my husband...lol. You guys are terrific! Thanks again!

NVC 2010

Apr. 05 - Case No. Assigned & eMails Given to NVC Operator

Apr. 06 - DS3032 (VJ format)eMail sent

Apr. 08 - DS3032 Accepted & Invoice Bill(eMail)

Apr. 09 - Paid both AOS eBill & IV eBill

Apr. 13 - AOS & IV status "Paid"/Received Cover Sheets eMail), AOS Pkg. mailed :)

Apr. 14 - DS230 Instruction Pkt Received (eMail)

Apr. 16 - AOS Pkt Received UPS Confirmation

Apr. 22 - DS230 Pkt mailed from Egypt by Husband

Apr. 24 - AOS entered into AVR, Apr. 28 No RFE :)

Apr. 29 - DS230 entered into AVR

May 09 - RFE per AVR :(

May 11 - RFE Mailed, May 13 Delivered, May 20 AVR Updated

May 28 - Case Complete per AVR

July 15 - Interview Date, Cairo APPROVED!!

May 26 - August 2: In Egypt with my sweet husband Mohammed :D

USCIS 2010

Jan. 20 - I-130 Sent

Jan. 27 - NOA1

Apr. 01 - NOA2 Approval(email/txt msg @ 1am)

Your I-130 was approved in 63 days from your NOA1 date.

Dec. 20 2009 - Married in Cairo, Egypt.

event.png

event.png

• 8 years later...

Hello.

I would like to ask anyone knows whether any changes have been made to the process of obtaining police clearance certificate in Egypt? And do I need to present two certificates from two different locations I've resided since 16 or I shall get it from my current residence city only and does it give the full police report from all locations I've resided? Does anyone have a sample of recently obtained police clearance certificate for immigration visa? Thanks in advance.

Timeline

I did one today in first settlement Cairo it cost 30 EGP and you get it next day they only need your Egyptian ID copy and your ID and they will ask you where to direct i tried ask them to make it for immigration purposes they said i cant so i directed under name of American Embassy cairo they will scan fingers on scanner and take pic of you there. 

hope that was helpful  

• 1 month later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Iraq
Timeline

Hi guys,

my finace is from Iraq but he lived in Egypt for 10 years. He finished college so unfortunately he had to go back to Iraq. Could he apply for these record by going to the 🇪🇬 consulate in Iraq? Will that be a problem? 

• 3 weeks later...
Timeline
On 8/21/2018 at 5:58 PM, Noor Salam said:

Hi guys,

my finace is from Iraq but he lived in Egypt for 10 years. He finished college so unfortunately he had to go back to Iraq. Could he apply for these record by going to the 🇪🇬 consulate in Iraq? Will that be a problem? 

I think he can from Egyptian embassy check website and you can call them for more information (+964) 809 448 722 or
(+964) (7) 809 448 722 and website is http://www.mfa.gov.eg/baghdad_emb . 

• 4 years later...
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
45 minutes ago, Mae019 said:

Hello i request a Police clearance in egypt embassy here in the Philippines. They said  it takes 6 months to 1 yr for the release.. is their a chance to make it quick?  Im on NVC stage and i badly need the Police clearance from egypt 😭😭

please start a new thread with your questions.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.