OctaneGuy

Case Status: Testing and Interview

21 posts in this topic

I'm a little confused about the current status of our I-130 application. We submitted it on 12/31/09 and received NOA1 on 01/08/10. We got our first touch on March 11 saying that we are now in the Testing and Interview stage...woohooo!!! I'm confused because my wife is still living overseas.

Will an interview be set up in Los Angeles? And who is being interviewed??

Also is this Testing and Interview stage NOA2 ??

I'd really appreciate any insight, thanks!!!

On March 11, 2010, we transferred this case to our LOS ANGELES, CA location to conduct the interview that is a standard part of processing this I130 IMMIGRANT PETITION FOR RELATIVE, FIANCE(E), OR ORPHAN. You will be sent a notice when the interview is scheduled, or if the office needs something from you.

If your case status indicates that you are currently in this step, you have either been scheduled for an interview or are in line to be scheduled for an interview. The amount of time your application will remain in this step will vary by office and is largely determined by the number of cases ahead of yours. The interview notice will have specifics about time, location and anything you will need to bring to your interview

Our Timeline

Sept. 1991 Met in Architecture School in USA

Feb. 03,1994 Have photos in San Diego as friends

Lost touch for 14 years....

Nov. 2008 Found each other on Face Book through a mutual friend and fell hopelessly in love, but she was living in Taiwan for past 3 years. Spent next year accumulating 130,000 air miles to be with my fiancee.

Oct. 14, 2010 NVC received AOS and expect a response around second week of December.

I just received in the mail the document confirming this email and it's just the I-797C NOA. I don't think the I-130 has been approved yet then, as it's just informing me that initial processing has been completed??? On a happier note, I logged on to the USCIS and noticed that we got touched today. Woohoo!

Edited by OctaneGuy

Our Timeline

Nov. 2008 Found each other on Face Book through a mutual friend and fell hopelessly in love, but she was living in Taiwan for past 3 years. Spent next year accumulating 130,000 air miles to be with my fiancee.

Oct. 14, 2010 NVC received AOS and expect a response around second week of December.

• 6 months later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

I just received in the mail the document confirming this email and it's just the I-797C NOA. I don't think the I-130 has been approved yet then, as it's just informing me that initial processing has been completed??? On a happier note, I logged on to the USCIS and noticed that we got touched today. Woohoo!

please can you update if you got the interview i am in same boat same email and the case was touch today what does this mean i am going crazy i ant even eat i just find my self crying all the time pls help

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

please can you update if you got the interview i am in same boat same email and the case was touch today what does this mean i am going crazy i ant even eat i just find my self crying all the time pls help

hi omo first iam well come you to visa journey forum secondly you are refer very old post i think your status is aos i dont know what is your satus if your status is cr1 if you got same letter by email if you are petationer its mean who is usa citizen then petationer noa1 interview with uscis if uscis immigiration officer satify with petationer interview then uscis approved petationer i-130 and then issue noa2 and then transfer petationer case to national visa center (nvc) for further process and please update your time line

Edited by mustafa1232

If you look at my signature, the dates are current. The interview did not happen in March. It was just notification that we were scheduled. The actual interview didn't take place until July. We are finished with the USCIS approval process and now waiting on the NVC. We just got our package together, there were some issues with my financial history due to some bad investments, but it's all been resolved, and now we are just waiting to pull a few documents together that my wife in Hong Kong is sending over to us, and that our attorney is sending to her for signatures. I'm going to visit my wife in less than 2 weeks, and will bring her the materials from my interview for her own interview with the NVC.

Our Timeline

Timeline

hi omo first iam well come you to visa journey forum secondly you are refer very old post i think your status is aos i dont know what is your satus if your status is cr1 if you got same letter by email if you are petationer its mean who is usa citizen then petationer noa1 interview with uscis if uscis immigiration officer satify with petationer interview then uscis approved petationer i-130 and then issue noa2 and then transfer petationer case to national visa center (nvc) for further process and please update your time line

thank for responding what is cr1 i dont even know i filed for my husband and he is in nigeria the first notice of action was we recive your i130 and how we are going to process it. when i check processing time on the 15th of sep'10 i call and notified them i was outside the processing time,and he put in a request, then on the 16th my case was update with transfered to los angeles for standerd interview, then again it shows the case was toched on the 17th so i dont know was that update was for the 17th i was hoping it is good news am not afraid of the interwie i am jut worried on how long it will take me to get the interview date because los angeles is always very slow and my husband said if by december we cant be together then i have to move to nigeria because he aford us been apart from each other.the financial burden is too much because i travel ever 4months to nigeria and an average of $4000 us dollers each time.thanks

Timeline

If you look at my signature, the dates are current. The interview did not happen in March. It was just notification that we were scheduled. The actual interview didn't take place until July. We are finished with the USCIS approval process and now waiting on the NVC. We just got our package together, there were some issues with my financial history due to some bad investments, but it's all been resolved, and now we are just waiting to pull a few documents together that my wife in Hong Kong is sending over to us, and that our attorney is sending to her for signatures. I'm going to visit my wife in less than 2 weeks, and will bring her the materials from my interview for her own interview with the NVC.

so it took 4months to get an interview? i am dead

Every case is different, but yes, in my case it took 4 months, and might have taken longer if I didn't do an Infopass meeting to find out why it was taking so long. My lawyer hasn't been very helpful. Visa Journey has given us more reliable insight and more reassurance than our own lawyer. I know how hard it is for you to wait. I haven't seen my wife in 7 months because I can't afford it any longer..yet we talk via Skype. We've both experienced a lot of personal turmoil that could have been sooooooo much better had we been together to suffer together..but it is what it is. We're hoping that by the end of the year, we'll atleast know if she will be coming to the US or not.

so it took 4months to get an interview? i am dead

Our Timeline

Timeline

Every case is different, but yes, in my case it took 4 months, and might have taken longer if I didn't do an Infopass meeting to find out why it was taking so long. My lawyer hasn't been very helpful. Visa Journey has given us more reliable insight and more reassurance than our own lawyer. I know how hard it is for you to wait. I haven't seen my wife in 7 months because I can't afford it any longer..yet we talk via Skype. We've both experienced a lot of personal turmoil that could have been sooooooo much better had we been together to suffer together..but it is what it is. We're hoping that by the end of the year, we'll atleast know if she will be coming to the US or not.

thanks well i made an infropass my appointment is on 30th sep hopefully i get an appointment letter that day

OctaneGuy,

I am insame boat, got an interview in Oct, i found out by making infopass appt. Can you share what kind of questions they asked you. I am suspecting they are calling me in because of my prior marriage. If you were in similar situation can you please share what sort of doc did you take with you. I am totally nervous. Any advise and experience would help. Thanks

It was much like the interview at NVC. They want pictures, letters, cards, etc... so I brought a very large "bankers box" full of photo albums, IM chats, our wedding DVD, momentos, and the USCIS interviewer asked me how I met my wife. I was very nervous but it helped that my wife put a scrapbook together of how we met and held actually airline stubs and movie tickets during our dating, and so I was able to tell our story very convincingly. Especially helpful since my memory isn't the greatest, so using the scrapbook as a guide, I was able to relay my story more comfortably.

I spoke for 10 or 15 minutes and the examiner concluded it was a bonafide marriage, said he would approve the i130 today and send the documents to the NVC next week.

OctaneGuy,

I am insame boat, got an interview in Oct, i found out by making infopass appt. Can you share what kind of questions they asked you. I am suspecting they are calling me in because of my prior marriage. If you were in similar situation can you please share what sort of doc did you take with you. I am totally nervous. Any advise and experience would help. Thanks

Our Timeline

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

OctaneGuy - some heads up -

even after that interview -

it still takes some time for the local office staff to finish up with the casefile

and then package it up for shipping

and then actually send it off.

A local USCIS office is notoriously slow to do all of this. I wish there was someway to 'stay on top of this', but there isn't - unless you have a contact # with the local office (probably the person that interviewed you).

Then - figure another month to get it back to the 'national uscis' system, then some more time for it to clear out of the EAC/WAC service center, then packed off to NVC.

I wish the local office could 'clear all' at the national level and bundle off to NVC, but I've not read about that happening, this year or last.

Hang in there !!!

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Thanks! In took a couple of weeks after the interview before we found our case number (which I assume means it's at the NVC already?), but our attorney messed up and the case was assigned to the country my wife is living in, not the one where she was born or a citizen of. That is, she is living in Taiwan because it is less expensive, but we have been expecting all along to go through Hong Kong where she is from. For various reasons, she isn't listed on a house hold registry..and we believe it would be much more difficult for the immigration process. So we need to get a new case number at the appropriate consulate.

It's taken some time to get the whole NVC packet together. Ran into some hurdles with the affidavit of support document...namely..I had to get a joint sponsor with my father because of losses over the past year with some shady business partners.

Our lawyers also sent by snail mail a document my wife needs to sign..we are waiting for that to arrive..they sent it by snail mail because we got upset at them for sending some documents by FedEx that didn't need to be rushed, nor we even asked them to be sent overseas...they were supposed to be sent to me here in the US..so now they are afraid of sending anything overnight...even if it defies logic.

Fortunately, since I'm going to visit her next week, I will take a copy of that document for her to sign and will probably get that document back before the mail does. :bonk:

So between internal battles with our lawyer, and the US government, one way or another, we will get her here!!!! :devil:

OctaneGuy - some heads up -

even after that interview -

it still takes some time for the local office staff to finish up with the casefile

and then package it up for shipping

and then actually send it off.

A local USCIS office is notoriously slow to do all of this. I wish there was someway to 'stay on top of this', but there isn't - unless you have a contact # with the local office (probably the person that interviewed you).

Then - figure another month to get it back to the 'national uscis' system, then some more time for it to clear out of the EAC/WAC service center, then packed off to NVC.

I wish the local office could 'clear all' at the national level and bundle off to NVC, but I've not read about that happening, this year or last.

Hang in there !!!

Our Timeline

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

hey - can you verify where the casefile is at, now?

ie - at NVC, yer in the middle of nvc processing

or

in limbo somewhere after this interview ??

FWIW, there's some tweaks you can do at NVC, to speed things along, when the time is right.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Well I paid the Affidavit Of Support (AOS) fees already and they were pulled from my bank account and we are almost done getting the package together..a lot of time taken waiting for documents...originals or certified copies are needed for everything, and in some cases are at the mercy of the government to acquire them. In our case, we're expecting a waiver might be needed as well so we have prepared one and gotten psychological evaluations done as well.

So as far as the NVC is concerned...we are still in the beginning stages.

hey - can you verify where the casefile is at, now?

ie - at NVC, yer in the middle of nvc processing

or

in limbo somewhere after this interview ??

FWIW, there's some tweaks you can do at NVC, to speed things along, when the time is right.

Our Timeline

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.