NickD

How about a blank page when you hit reply?

47 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

"NickD,

As you may know, VJ had a brief downtime today. This was caused by a temporary file drive getting full (imagine your hard drive on your computer getting full)! Long story short, the effect was that VisaJourney was not totally offline but the forums were. We have a service that checks the server and alerts me if it is down but in this case it did not due to the unique circumstances. I am taking measures to make sure this does not happen again. Regardless,

We are back up! :)

Thank you again for your membership and best wishes on your personal Visa Journey ahead!

The VJ Tech Crew"

Believe the repeated text consumes more HD space, the many photos are mostly links that increase download time. I personally find this annoying and difficult when trying to follow the dialog in a thread. The only board that I am on that does this. Same old photos over and over again, gets boring. But this is only one opinion and not to be taken seriously. No one is twisting my arm to stay on this board. But is there a majority that feel the same way?

Okay, I will crawl back into my hole.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline
"NickD,

As you may know, VJ had a brief downtime today. This was caused by a temporary file drive getting full (imagine your hard drive on your computer getting full)! Long story short, the effect was that VisaJourney was not totally offline but the forums were. We have a service that checks the server and alerts me if it is down but in this case it did not due to the unique circumstances. I am taking measures to make sure this does not happen again. Regardless,

Thank you again for your membership and best wishes on your personal Visa Journey ahead!

The VJ Tech Crew"

Believe the repeated text consumes more HD space, the many photos are mostly links that increase download time. I personally find this annoying and difficult when trying to follow the dialog in a thread. The only board that I am on that does this. Same old photos over and over again, gets boring. But this is only one opinion and not to be taken seriously. No one is twisting my arm to stay on this board. But is there a majority that feel the same way?

Some folk can't bring themselves to stop at one photo of a reasonable size. Very annoying when scrolling down a page.

Don't just open your mouth and prove yourself a fool....put it in writing.

It gets harder the more you know. Because the more you find out, the uglier everything seems.

kodasmall3.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline
"NickD,

The VJ Tech Crew"

Some folk can't bring themselves to stop at one photo of a reasonable size. Very annoying when scrolling down a page.

I agree, it is super annoying. But, you can automatically block signatures from your view, which makes this a non-issue to some degree...

K1: 01/15/2009 (mailed I-129F) - 06/23/2009 (visa received)

AOS: 08/08/2009 (mailed I-485, I-765, & I-131) - 10/29/2009 (received GC)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

You are a very good girl, Jenn!, by manually deleting "my #######" before posting. Some habits are difficult to break like keeping an HD clean when you had to lay out $1,200.00 for just a 10 MD drive. Do have a terabyte in three drives on this computer, but if I do a defrag, run that program before going on a two week vacation and hope it's done before I get back.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
You are a very good girl, Jenn!, by manually deleting "my #######" before posting.

I also frequent a board where it is against the TOS to quote the entire first post when replying. Moderators will actually edit posts that violate.

Filed: Other Country: Israel
Timeline

I hate how someone will post a lengthy article, then several posters after that unnecessarily copy the entire article in their post instead of just picking out quotes they want to respond to. That drives me crazy!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline
Believe the repeated text consumes more HD space,

Ctrl-A Ctrl-X will wipe out all the text in your reply window in no time at all.

If you do want to reply to the OP, it's nice to have the [ quote] tags already in place and ready to go.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Moved from Off Topic to Site Discussion where Administration is more likely to see

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Singapore
Timeline

I can limit quote excessive embedding. All those in favor?

I am an Ewok. I am here to to keep the peace. Please contact me if you have a problem with the site or a complaint regarding a violation of the Terms of Service. For the fastest response please use the 'Contact Us' page to contact me.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Yay.

Don't just open your mouth and prove yourself a fool....put it in writing.

It gets harder the more you know. Because the more you find out, the uglier everything seems.

kodasmall3.jpg

Timeline
Ctrl-A Ctrl-X will wipe out all the text in your reply window in no time at all.

If you do want to reply to the OP, it's nice to have the [ quote] tags already in place and ready to go.

works!!

No more quoting beyond one deep. You are right it will save database space.

I am an Ewok. I am here to to keep the peace. Please contact me if you have a problem with the site or a complaint regarding a violation of the Terms of Service. For the fastest response please use the 'Contact Us' page to contact me.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Si, man! :thumbs:

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

This isn't working well as it is right now...I cannot keep the the original quote that the poster before me is replying to. The original quote sometimes needs to be included for any reply to make sense.

Can we just have a limit on how many quotes within a quote? Perhaps 4 or 5?

Timeline
This isn't working well as it is right now...I cannot keep the the original quote that the poster before me is replying to. The original quote sometimes needs to be included for any reply to make sense.

Can we just have a limit on how many quotes within a quote? Perhaps 4 or 5?

We can not have both unfortunately. I can revert it to like before but I can not limit the max embedded quotes.