Martyshk

Starting our VJ

43 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

------

To preface all this, I apologize if this is not the right forum for this, or this is not a typical type of topic to post.

------

Hello everyone.

I've been on these boards for a month and a half now, learning about the VJ process and getting our documents together to finally initiate the process.

My name is Alex and I'm from Philly. My fiancee's name is Daria, and she is from Kharkov, Ukraine.

We've known each other for a very long time, but only recently (June this year) reconnected again. Pretty much fell in love with each other right away. We've met twice since then. And last Friday, finally, sent out our I-129F.

No NOA1 yet, but it's only been a couple of days.

I just wanted to introduce myself (and well, my girl, by proxy) and thank all of you for your detailed posts and embassy reviews (planning to be at her interview in Kiev when we get to that point).

If anyone has any more words of wisdom, I'll gladly hear them!

Thank you all :)

P.S. That's us, of course, in the photo

Edited by Мартышк+Мартышка

Слава Україні!

--------------------
Full Timeline

chimpanzee.jpg

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Timeline

Congratulations!

Best advice I can offer is to learn patience. Seriously. You might think you're a patient person, but this process will test that like nothing else in the world. Just remember that it *will* happen, and that the time you are together will be many many times longer than the time you will be apart. :)

Timeline
Congratulations!

Best advice I can offer is to learn patience. Seriously. You might think you're a patient person, but this process will test that like nothing else in the world. Just remember that it *will* happen, and that the time you are together will be many many times longer than the time you will be apart. :)

Thank you.

They way her and I put it is: All we have to survive is this year (at most, I hope) of hell to enjoy the rest of our lives together.

You are right. Patience is a virtue.

Oh, and I think I finally got the photos to attach....won't let me edit the original post for some reason....

Edited by Мартышк+Мартышка

Слава Україні!

--------------------
Full Timeline

chimpanzee.jpg

Timeline
And I forgot my second-best bit of advice: hang out here! :) Seriously, any questions you have can be answered better here than any other part of VJ. You're definitely amongst friends here, welcome!

Thank you again. I have found that this forum is invaluable. Everyone here is united by the common goal (and common tortures of heart and soul) and I'll start frequenting and posting some more. I just want to get my NOA1 for now so I can finally exhale....

Слава Україні!

--------------------
Full Timeline

chimpanzee.jpg

Welcome, Alex. As mox said, come on in the water's fine!

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

Timeline
Welcome, Alex. As mox said, come on in the water's fine!

Thank you.

The Russian part of your signature is just funny...:-)

Слава Україні!

--------------------
Full Timeline

chimpanzee.jpg

QUOTE (Март

@ Dec 10 2009, 03:49 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The Russian part of your signature is just funny...:-)

That came from a little spat we had awhile back with some of the "visitors" from other forums (mostly AWs with fiances from Canada or UK) who'd come here and try to disrupt all of our "we have hot young supermodel-looking fiancees and we like it that way" talk with their "proud of who I am" or equality or whatever they call it. Anyway, they were raining on our parade a little bit and so a few of us on here decided we'd put something in our signature lines to show just where we were coming from.

Chlen was about as perfect a word as I could find since it covered "both" meanings of who I am here on VJ.

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

Welcome!! If you have any questions just post. People here are very helpful. :star:

I-751 Vermont
Mailed 4/03/2012
Check Cashed 4/10/2012
Noa1 4/12/2012 receipt date 4/6/2012
Biometrics 4/19/2012 letter recieved
Biometrics 5/01/2012 done
Tic Toc, Tic Toc, Tic Toc, Tic toc..................................................

5/10/2013 Info pass for another year stamp

Tic Toc, Tic Toc.....................................

Second biometrics letter received 7/6/2013

Tic toc tic toc..........................................................................................

4/10/14 info pass for another year

Tic Toc, Tic toc

3/30/2015 info pass for another year stamp

9/10/2015 Notice for I-751 interview 9/22/2015 Our gov is so efficient just gotta love em in charge of health care!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Welcome and good luck on your journey! One piece of advice, take it or leave it, I suggest not spending much time on Igor's list or the case status forums, comparing your timeline to others. Comparisons can lead to frustration and envy. Just get an approximate idea of your waiting time and know that it frequently can vary by 2 or 3 months. Be confident she will have the visa because it is your intention. Stay positive.

This forum has been a great place for me to hang out during the long wait.

05/04/09 -- K1 visa, NOA-1

09/18/09 -- K1, NOA-2

01/26/09 -- Interview passed in Moscow

03/02/10 -- POE, JFK airport

05/23/10 -- Wedding!

11/16/10 -- 2-year green card approved

04/01/13 -- 10-year green card approved

11/23/13 -- N-400 mailed

Congratulations on your paperwork being sent you to USCIS !!!

As someone said patience, patience, patience...it's all it takes...and then some more.

Good luck and hopefully it will be a short journey for you guys.

Joe.

K1

09/11/08 - I-129F Sent
09/16/08 - I-129F NOA1
02/06/09 - I-129F NOA2
02/13/09 - NVC Received
04/06/09 - NVC Left
04/09/09 - Embassy Received
05/18/09 - Interview Passed/Visa Approved
05/21/09 - Visa Received (picked up at Fedex in Kiev)
05/28/09 - Entered U.S. via JFK
05/29/09 - Applied for SS#
06/08/09 - SS# Received in the mail
06/12/09 - Applied for a Marriage License
06/19/09 - Wedding Day
07/03/09 - SS# under new name received in the mail

AOS/EAD/AP
07/27/09 - I-485, I-765 & I-131 Sent
07/31/09 - Package arrived in Chicago
08/03/09 - NOA for all 3 forms
08/27/09 - Case transferred to CSC
09/02/09 - Biometrics appointment - Done
09/03/09 - EAD touched
09/04/09 - AOS touched
09/14/09 - AP & EAD approved - Card Ordered
09/18/09 - AP Received in the mail
09/21/09 - EAD Card received in the mail
09/25/09 - AOS Approved
09/29/09 - Green Card Sent
10/02/09 - Green Card Received.
12/18/09 - Got my Drivers License.

ROC
06/27/11 - I-751 Sent.
07/01/11 - NOA.
08/15/11- Biometrics appointment.
03/17/12- ROC Approved - No Interview.

Naturalization
01/21/15 - N-400 Sent

04/15/15 - Became a US Citizen

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

welcome! and looks like you 2 are very much in love. that is what i love about my ievgeniia. you can see in her pics she is in love and only have eyes for me

mmmm check bank and see if your check is cashed. you will get the noa number form there . and you can go to the website and enable updates and sms for when it is touched and looked at.

TIME!!! long time!!!! but only good thing is seems like some packages are being done fast than 5 months.

hold on to her and remeber she is going to stress out over time apart and be sad.. and happy..and upset..and lonely and in love. and all the other feelings we all go through.

sit back and enjoy the ride .

and lots of yahoo and real phone calls. to prove you are still committed

lots of proof.

Summerville + Kryvyi Rih

age.png

age.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Welcome aboard, and good luck on your journey!

11/13/2009 -- Mailed I-129F

11/17/2009 -- Received NOA 1

02/10/2010 -- NOA 2 Mailed

02/16/2010 -- NOA 2 Received (via email)

02/19/2010 -- Petition forwarded to Moscow

04/23/2010 -- Scheduled Interview - SUCCESS

07/20/2010 -- Entrance to USA POE Anchorage

08/21/2010 -- Wedding

11/04/2010 -- Mailed AOS

01/25/2011 -- AOS Interview - SUCCESS

Member of the RUB group, where high horses meet low brows.

Timeline

Thank you everyone! :)

Thank you for all your kind words and support. I know there is nothing more to do than wait, at this point.

We'll get there when we get there. She'll get a visa, I am sure of it.

I am looking forward to updating my signature as things unfold.

Слава Україні!

--------------------
Full Timeline

chimpanzee.jpg

Timeline
and lots of yahoo and real phone calls. to prove you are still committed

lots of proof.

Yeah... I'm a little bit concerned with the proof of ongoing relationship. We use a phone calling program that doesn't really LOG phone calls. We don't e-mail each other, we use google talk, so we just send each other offline messages, 99% of which probably carry no weight if I print them out and show at the consulate (you know, like "I love you" - "I love you too" - "How was your day, how was work" etc).

The only thing that I could muster was the text messaging history. We text each other couple of times a day. We also attached affidavits from all the parents and relatives we visited and stayed at, along with the regular stuff, like boarding passes, hotel receipts, museum tickets, train tickets, etc.

We don't have many photos together (about 20-25), but some of them are in front of the landmarks that can't be mistaken (Amsterdam, Jerusalem - Yeah, I never went back to Ukraine, since I know her parents, there's no need for me to meet them).

Just crossing fingers that all of that is enough. That is why I am planning to be at her Kiev interview when we get there.

Oh, and she has a ring too. I know it's kind of an icing on a cake... but hope it helps too

Слава Україні!

--------------------
Full Timeline

chimpanzee.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.