dessndave

Age gap she is 18 turning 19 as I am 35

136 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

Ok my fiance is 18 turning 19 within a month.

I am currently filling forms out. And preparing them to be sent in.

Yes some may think im crazy cause of her age. I thought about it many times. *But I Love her & am Happy with her*

But honestly At the beginning Never imagined being with her.

But in time things grew into more & couldn't get her out of my mind.

She is a great person & honestly not looking for money Thank god.

But down to my question.

has anyone gone to the interview and know what they say about that age gap?

Specific tactical questions etc?

My fiance is very shy and that is about all that I worry about.

And what issues that may cross our paths.

Idea's Suggestions Greatly appreciated.

I did hire a lawyer for the papers as I have a few complicated issues. in my thoughts.

example Taking time to perfect paperwork. etc. a bit of money for help to get it processed and done is better then spending 6months on my own to make sure it's all perfect.

I was going to do it on my own. until i read a bit deeper...

Thank you.

GC in Hand since nov/dec11
Currently in Process of I-751 Waiting Period.

delivered 9-12-13 NOA Dated 9-12-13 w/amount received. Received 9-16-13

Biometrics Received 9-27-13 APP: 10-15-13 3pm.
House is Listed for Sale & Hopefully it will sell soon.

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

The age difference is not a big issue in the Philippines. The important thing is to prove a bona fide relationship. You may want to post in the Philippines regional forum here on VJ to get fedback from others that have Manila experience.

Best of luck to you.

I-864 Affidavit of Support FAQ -->> https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/support/i-864-frequently-asked-questions.html

FOREIGN INCOME REPORTING & TAX FILING -->> https://www.irs.gov/publications/p54/ch01.html#en_US_2015_publink100047318

CALL THIS NUMBER TO ORDER IRS TAX TRANSCRIPTS >> 800-908-9946

PLEASE READ THE GUIDES -->> Link to Visa Journey Guides

MULTI ENTRY SPOUSE VISA TO VN -->>Link to Visa Exemption for Vietnamese Residents Overseas & Their Spouses

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Yes some may think im crazy cause of her age. I thought about it many times. *But I Love her & am Happy with her*

But down to my question.

I did hire a lawyer for the papers as I have a few complicated issues. in my thoughts.

example Taking time to perfect paperwork. etc. a bit of money for help to get it processed and done is better then spending 6months on my own to make sure it's all perfect.

Thank you.

She is from PI. Sounds like a pretty close age gap to me.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

But down to my question.

Thank you.

my wife is thai, and our age gap is 32 years. No problem at the interview, they ask how we met, how long have you known him, when was the last time he came to thailand. You do need lots of proof of relationship. pictures together, airline tickets to PI, hotel receits from credit card. copys of e-mail. phone records etc etc. send everything make copys of everything. u should have no priblem. I did a K1 brought her here, we married her father needed surgery she went back abadoned AOS Now I am doing k3 or cr1 filed in may still waiting. Good luck! Don't worry about age gap!!!

Timeline

ic.

well thats good to know.

i hired lawyer to do it so i dont have to sit here making sure of everything

and as all lawyers state it may or may not be needed for extended service to help prepare for possible questioning do to age gap.

and as previous stated about fathers surgery. you should have filed for the waiver for her to travel then it wouldnt be as much as a problem. i have read and known people to use that. but cant ask them these questions as there age gap is no more then 5years.

also yes i should have posted it in the pi section but didn't notice it on this visit.

I just know the states is too strict on some of this. and I think they could do a better job running this country LOL... IMHO

records will be a little hard as texting is the most we get to do.

I could copy some logs but not so easy.

but i believe I have a couple letters from her & some from her family.

but for me to her not so much.

I probably could print my outgoing txt on my cell bill.

as i use att unlimited to txt her. while she texts my roaming number. estimated about 100text a day. sometimes more.

ic.

well thats good to know.

and as all lawyers state it may or may not be needed for extended service to help prepare for possible questioning do to age gap.

and as previous stated about fathers surgery. you should have filed for the waiver for her to travel then it wouldnt be as much as a problem. i have read and known people to use that. but cant ask them these questions as there age gap is no more then 5years.

also yes i should have posted it in the pi section but didn't notice it on this visit.

I just know the states is too strict on some of this. and I think they could do a better job running this country LOL... IMHO

as i use att unlimited to txt her. while she texts my roaming number. estimated about 100text a day. sometimes more.

if you do not like writing letters send cards, one a week, or so. tell her to save the post marked envelopes,for evidence!!!!

also when using a lawyer, it will cause delays.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Do some reading here on VJ to familiarize yourself with the process. There are lots of folks going through Manila. Their feedback will be very beneficial.

The records that you see as "a little hard" will help you a lot. So be prepared to do some work as your attorney can only fill out forms. You will have to supply the attorney with all the needed evidence to include in the petition filing. The forms are simple. Demonstrating the relationship is the meat of the process.

I-864 Affidavit of Support FAQ -->> https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/support/i-864-frequently-asked-questions.html

FOREIGN INCOME REPORTING & TAX FILING -->> https://www.irs.gov/publications/p54/ch01.html#en_US_2015_publink100047318

CALL THIS NUMBER TO ORDER IRS TAX TRANSCRIPTS >> 800-908-9946

PLEASE READ THE GUIDES -->> Link to Visa Journey Guides

MULTI ENTRY SPOUSE VISA TO VN -->>Link to Visa Exemption for Vietnamese Residents Overseas & Their Spouses

Timeline

possible delays but not as bad as me not taking the time to prepare everything.

making sure of a guideline.

I have been back for 2 months now and trying to research everything and make sure.

And still don't feel confident about doing it all.

using lawyers shouldn't always cause delays.

unless you count the time sending back and forth.

and for them or myself to actually send everything in.

friend used lawyer for process k3 and took them 9 months.

when i read takes usually more then a year.

for myself it would be another 3 months if i do it myself. possibly more.

with lawyer i should be able to have everything filed by dec.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

my wife is thai, and our age gap is 32 years. No problem at the interview, they ask how we met, how long have you known him, when was the last time he came to thailand. You do need lots of proof of relationship. pictures together, airline tickets to PI, hotel receits from credit card. copys of e-mail. phone records etc etc. send everything make copys of everything. u should have no priblem. I did a K1 brought her here, we married her father needed surgery she went back abadoned AOS Now I am doing k3 or cr1 filed in may still waiting. Good luck! Don't worry about age gap!!!

I simply cant imagine 32 yr age gap... 18 and 50? or something similar :unsure:

10407819_701840296558511_659086279075738

Timeline
ence to include in the petition filing. The forms are simple. Demonstrating the relationship is the meat of the process.

very true.

thats the part im trying to focus on

and the lawyer usually can help in some aspects to properly write a letter for explanations.

well she sent me a package with some papers in it for filing. but not personal letter.

but i did save the package.

hardest part is i just got back 2 months ago. and she works 12hrs a day 7days a week now.

im trying to save chat logs as she is not capable of doing that.

cafe she goes to does not have a printer.

and its not too good for a 4'7 young girl roam around at night. especially alone to find a cafe with printer near her house.

very short i know lol.

im searching for the complicated stuff now. and as much examples that would be helpful also.

just taking so long to gather all info.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

But down to my question.

Thank you.

[/quote/

ic.

well thats good to know.

if you do not like writing letters send cards, one a week, or so. tell her to save the post marked envelopes,for evidence!!!!

also when using a lawyer, it will cause delays. :bonk:

Welcome to VisaJourney!

New Member Guide Features

Our goal is to educate and provide general information regarding family and marriage based immigration (K1, K3, IR-1 Visas, DCF, etc) for a spouse, fiance, parent(s) or other close relatives to reunite and bring together families. If you are new to the site please take a look at some of our site's great features such as the Guides, FAQ's, Forums, Gallery, Example Forms and more. We provide a great array of information useful in filing your I-129f, I-130, I-134, I-485 and other USCIS and immigration forms. We encourage all members to seek a qualified immigration attorney as this site is no substitute for the valuable help and advice a good attorney can provide!

'PAU' both wife and daughter in the U.S. 08/25/2009

Daughter's' CRBA Manila Embassy 08/07/2008 dual citizenship

http://crbausembassy....wordpress.com/

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
ence to include in the petition filing. The forms are simple. Demonstrating the relationship is the meat of the process.

very true.

thats the part im trying to focus on

and the lawyer usually can help in some aspects to properly write a letter for explanations.

well she sent me a package with some papers in it for filing. but not personal letter.

but i did save the package.

hardest part is i just got back 2 months ago. and she works 12hrs a day 7days a week now.

im trying to save chat logs as she is not capable of doing that.

cafe she goes to does not have a printer.

and its not too good for a 4'7 young girl roam around at night. especially alone to find a cafe with printer near her house.

very short i know lol.

im searching for the complicated stuff now. and as much examples that would be helpful also.

just taking so long to gather all info.

The age between my Pinay wife and myself is 18 years (37) and (55). I can't imagine marrying someone my daughter's age. I think the relationship is possible if you lived in the Phillipines like Walter (66) she (19) but she wants a divorce when the sex stopped. So you really got to ask yourself soberly what this VERY young woman is going to do if you got her into the States and she meets other Philippino sees younger guys etc, etc. My friend shipped back an 18 year old in two weeks. I sincerely wish you the best but I think you're dreaming. Try a Pinay that's grown up like in her 30s? Sorry to sound so negative but I know a lot about Pinay women now and you're inviting a challenge the both of you maybe don't need?

My 2 pesos worth.....

Timeline

Understands everything you just said about her age.

Thats why for about 8 months I couldnt pursue anything more then a friendship with her.

I even tried the no longer friendship and nomore communication but both of us would think of each other.

As she would talk to some of her friends about how she misses me. and i talked to a few of them as friends. but they never realized I was the one she was talking about.

ive been used and play'd by girls my age also and a 24yr old.

its not truly the age that is the problem it is there beliefs and how they are raised.

Do I feel its a dream not really.

Have I thought about the age gap yes.

Did it bother me at first yes.

Does it bother me now no.

Look at our american women I dont care how old they are.(not all but majority)

they are after money & lots more then many of the pinay.

Our plans is for us to save up buy land in PI then move there.

everyone in her family I have met has never seperated and believes in strong relations & the whole family will help with any problem there is...

But yes I am sure between her & I it will work.

and if i was 50 I wouldnt even imagine a 18yr old.(well maybe imagine but could not imagine married to someone that young) As I personally wasn't looking for anyone under 24 i had no thoughts of younger. but things happen.

I Spent many years watching failing marriages. & didn't believe in marriage unless I was truly sure.

a pinay at age 16 is equivalent to a 25+ in the usa In my opinion.

Also I am not a drinker & I am not into drugs. A Drink rarely but not enough to get buzzed.

Nor is her immediate family

Edited by David_Dessa

The age difference is not a big issue in the Philippines. The important thing is to prove a bona fide relationship. You may want to post in the Philippines regional forum here on VJ to get fedback from others that have Manila experience.

Best of luck to you.

:thumbs: yeah its true... me-28 and my fiance is 51... but were happy and goin stronger.... :dance::luv:

N-400:
May 9, 2017: N-400 packet was sent
May 15, 2017: NOA1 
June 05, 2017: Biometric Done
June 19, 2017: Case is in Line for an Interview
June 25, 2018: USCIS Scheduled an Interview
Aug. 02, 2018: Interview Date- APPROVED!
Aug. 09, 2018: Oath Ceremony

My Group

My Blog

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.