santa cruz

questions for a reaffirmed i-129f

7 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Syria
Timeline

hi everyone. well after 10 long, lonely,and agonizing months of just waiting to hear why my husbands k-3 visa was denied, we finally recieved a noir letter. (When we recieved it we only had 14 days left to respond. Luckily we were organized and mostly ready for it so all we had to do was write our letter to the uscis.) We submitted our proof along with our letters and our attorney's letter and 20 days later we got the good news that my hubby's case has been reaffirmed and sent to dos for visa processing. Now we are waiting to hear about when his interview date will be. Does anyone know how long it will take to get an interview date??? I have been in Syria now with him for 5 months now and will stay until he gets his visa. I have several questions and hope that someone who has gone thru basically the same can help us. One question is that when I left I had to go on a leave of absence from my job but I have no documentation to prove I have a job waiting for me when I return to the states. For a reinterview will they ask for proof of sponsership again or ask questions about my job knowing i am at the interview with him? Will they allow me to be in the interview with him? His English is good but when he gets excited he forgets his english words. We also have heard that they put all middle eastern men on ap. does anyone know the time frame for this? when i had contacted senators in my state the uscis told them at this time we were in background check while they were reviewing our case. Our interview will be in Amman, Jordan cause we were married there and we want to make sure that we are more than 100% ready for them. Aside from the proof that will be asked for is there any other documents we would need to be ready? Will we need another medical exam and police report as before? What questions can we expect to get from the consul? Lastly the red flags we had before that we answered to the uscis will it be brought up again in the interview at the consulate? I know this is a lot and I hope ya'll can help us out here. We are so tired of waiting and being unprepared and want this to go smoothly so we can finally go home to start our life together.

thanks to everyone and all their help

santa

hi everyone. well after 10 long, lonely,and agonizing months of just waiting to hear why my husbands k-3 visa was denied, we finally recieved a noir letter. (When we recieved it we only had 14 days left to respond. Luckily we were organized and mostly ready for it so all we had to do was write our letter to the uscis.) We submitted our proof along with our letters and our attorney's letter and 20 days later we got the good news that my hubby's case has been reaffirmed and sent to dos for visa processing. Now we are waiting to hear about when his interview date will be. Does anyone know how long it will take to get an interview date??? I have been in Syria now with him for 5 months now and will stay until he gets his visa. I have several questions and hope that someone who has gone thru basically the same can help us. One question is that when I left I had to go on a leave of absence from my job but I have no documentation to prove I have a job waiting for me when I return to the states. For a reinterview will they ask for proof of sponsership again or ask questions about my job knowing i am at the interview with him? Will they allow me to be in the interview with him? His English is good but when he gets excited he forgets his english words. We also have heard that they put all middle eastern men on ap. does anyone know the time frame for this? when i had contacted senators in my state the uscis told them at this time we were in background check while they were reviewing our case. Our interview will be in Amman, Jordan cause we were married there and we want to make sure that we are more than 100% ready for them. Aside from the proof that will be asked for is there any other documents we would need to be ready? Will we need another medical exam and police report as before? What questions can we expect to get from the consul? Lastly the red flags we had before that we answered to the uscis will it be brought up again in the interview at the consulate? I know this is a lot and I hope ya'll can help us out here. We are so tired of waiting and being unprepared and want this to go smoothly so we can finally go home to start our life together.

santa

You will have to show you have the ability to support him or get a co sponsor.

Paragraphs would help!~

K1 denied, K3/K4, CR-1/CR-2, AOS, ROC, Adoption, US citizenship and dual citizenship

!! ALL PAU!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

santa

I am happy to read the process is moving along for you. I will try to answer some of your questions the best I can. You do however need to speak to your attorney and see if they are able to answer your questions as well:

Does anyone know how long it will take to get an interview date? The USCIS will send your reaffirmed petition along with the response to the NOIR, and all supporting evidence to the consulate along with a recommendation to issue a visa. I have seen many get an interview date within 4-8 weeks of reaffirmation but it really does depend on the consulate and their schedule. For some consulates, the NVC handles the scheduling of interviews for certain visa types.

For a reinterview will they ask for proof of sponsership again or ask questions about my job knowing i am at the interview with him? Personally, I would prepare for them to ask for this regardless. If you end up not needing it, no problem, but if they ask for it and you are prepared to provide it right away, even better. Have a new affidavit of support along with supporting documentation ready to bring to the interview. If you are on leave of absence, you may need to get documentation of this from your employer. Just a letter stating that you were promised your job when you came back may not be enough. If you need a co-sponsor, I would get that lined up. I do feel you need to discuss this with your attorney for sure.

Will they allow me to be in the interview with him? This varies between consulates. For example, the US Consulate in Morocco does not allow the petitioner in the building during the interview process...unless they have been specifically asked to come inside. I had my husband tell them I was waiting outside in the event they wanted to speak to me. You may find information on whether the petitioner is allowed in on your consulate's web site.

We also have heard that they put all middle eastern men on ap. does anyone know the time frame for this? This is quite normal for any MENA male of a certain age to be placed on AP (Administrative Processing). This actually happens in more than 1 step in the visa process, so even though background checks were being performed during the review for the return, expect for them to happen again after his interview. There is also no timeframe for AP. There are different checks they do, and each one takes time. Some get through AP quickly, some do not. Our AP was almost 8 weeks. Regardless, I suggest you wait one week after the interview, then call the Department of State once a week to ask them the status of your case. They will tell you whether it is still under Administrative Processing. You can call the DOS at this number: (202) 663-1225 - press 1, 0.

Aside from the proof that will be asked for is there any other documents we would need to be ready? Prepare yourself by having a complete copy of the NOID rebuttal and evidence you submitted to the USCIS as well as a copy of ALL ongoing evidence of your relationship you have gathered while you have been together in Syria. Also watch for communication from the consulate, they may send you information regarding what you need to bring to the interview, but this also depends on the consulate. Some consulates call the applicant on the phone to inform them of their new interview, and some send a letter along with a list of things they need to bring with them.

Will we need another medical exam and police report as before? Medical exams are valid for a period of 1 year. The medical exam expiration is exactly 1 year from the date the medical exam was completed originally. If 1 year has passed, you will be required to provide another medical exam.

What questions can we expect to get from the consul? There is no way to really know this as each case if different, each consular officer is different. Prepare for the consulate to ask anything at all, they could ask you questions from the documentation you provided with your rebuttal. I would also make sure my husband understands exactly what a "leave of absence" from work is and what that means specifically for me and the employer I work for.

Lastly the red flags we had before that we answered to the uscis will it be brought up again in the interview at the consulate? There is also no way to know this either. They can ask anything they choose to ask. Just be prepared to answer questions regarding the red flags you addressed in the rebuttal as well as any other possibility.

His English is good but when he gets excited he forgets his english words. Tell your husband to breathe :) Really, relax and try not to be nervous. Make eye contact with the consular officer, show confidence and smile. Tell him to focus on not getting excited or nervous...it will all be fine Insh'Allah. One thing that really helped my husband before his interview was reciting Qur'an, he recited Qur'an in his head while he was waiting to be called to the window. He told me it really helped him relax about everything.

You will be in my du'ahs. Insh'Allah you will be fine. Just try to prepare yourselves as best you can, be prepared for them to ask anything at all, but most of all remember that you have gotten this far together and you can get through the rest of it together as well. Definitely speak to your attorney regarding the affidavit of support so if you need to you can prepare what is needed before the interview. PM me if you need moral support, I'm definitely here for you :yes:

(F)~kiyah~(F)

~ Returns & Refusals...What They Don't Tell You ~

DISCLAIMER: I am not an attorney, all information provided is from years of research and personal experiences of those affected by returned visa petitions/applications. If this is happening to you, my personal advice is to research the facts, hire a good immigration lawyer who can demonstrate they specialize in returned/denied visa petitions and applications.

~ Faith, Patience, Perseverance ~

Timeline

Kiyah has some wise words for you. Our case went as follow. First it was reaffirmed in Aug. They forward the case to the NVC. It took quite a bit of time at the NVC, but was finally forwarded to the consulate, and was received in then end of October. They scheduled the interview a week later. They didn't ask any further questions, but, and this for sure will apply to your case, they want updated documents. We had a new I-864, verification of employment from my employer, police report, and the medical. We had it all but the medical. We assumed that they could get it from the doctor since his last medical was within one year. The doctor didn't have it any longer, so he had to take it again. He was not put on AP. He received his visa in December.

Keep in mind, this was our case. Each case is different. But hopefully this will give you something to use as a timeline.

Best wishes, and keep us all informed.

'Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO, What a Ride'

Timeline

santa

I am happy to read the process is moving along for you. I will try to answer some of your questions the best I can. You do however need to speak to your attorney and see if they are able to answer your questions as well:

Does anyone know how long it will take to get an interview date? The USCIS will send your reaffirmed petition along with the response to the NOIR, and all supporting evidence to the consulate along with a recommendation to issue a visa. I have seen many get an interview date within 4-8 weeks of reaffirmation but it really does depend on the consulate and their schedule. For some consulates, the NVC handles the scheduling of interviews for certain visa types.

For a reinterview will they ask for proof of sponsership again or ask questions about my job knowing i am at the interview with him? Personally, I would prepare for them to ask for this regardless. If you end up not needing it, no problem, but if they ask for it and you are prepared to provide it right away, even better. Have a new affidavit of support along with supporting documentation ready to bring to the interview. If you are on leave of absence, you may need to get documentation of this from your employer. Just a letter stating that you were promised your job when you came back may not be enough. If you need a co-sponsor, I would get that lined up. I do feel you need to discuss this with your attorney for sure.

Will they allow me to be in the interview with him? This varies between consulates. For example, the US Consulate in Morocco does not allow the petitioner in the building during the interview process...unless they have been specifically asked to come inside. I had my husband tell them I was waiting outside in the event they wanted to speak to me. You may find information on whether the petitioner is allowed in on your consulate's web site.

We also have heard that they put all middle eastern men on ap. does anyone know the time frame for this? This is quite normal for any MENA male of a certain age to be placed on AP (Administrative Processing). This actually happens in more than 1 step in the visa process, so even though background checks were being performed during the review for the return, expect for them to happen again after his interview. There is also no timeframe for AP. There are different checks they do, and each one takes time. Some get through AP quickly, some do not. Our AP was almost 8 weeks. Regardless, I suggest you wait one week after the interview, then call the Department of State once a week to ask them the status of your case. They will tell you whether it is still under Administrative Processing. You can call the DOS at this number: (202) 663-1225 - press 1, 0.

Aside from the proof that will be asked for is there any other documents we would need to be ready? Prepare yourself by having a complete copy of the NOID rebuttal and evidence you submitted to the USCIS as well as a copy of ALL ongoing evidence of your relationship you have gathered while you have been together in Syria. Also watch for communication from the consulate, they may send you information regarding what you need to bring to the interview, but this also depends on the consulate. Some consulates call the applicant on the phone to inform them of their new interview, and some send a letter along with a list of things they need to bring with them.

Will we need another medical exam and police report as before? Medical exams are valid for a period of 1 year. The medical exam expiration is exactly 1 year from the date the medical exam was completed originally. If 1 year has passed, you will be required to provide another medical exam.

What questions can we expect to get from the consul? There is no way to really know this as each case if different, each consular officer is different. Prepare for the consulate to ask anything at all, they could ask you questions from the documentation you provided with your rebuttal. I would also make sure my husband understands exactly what a "leave of absence" from work is and what that means specifically for me and the employer I work for.

Lastly the red flags we had before that we answered to the uscis will it be brought up again in the interview at the consulate? There is also no way to know this either. They can ask anything they choose to ask. Just be prepared to answer questions regarding the red flags you addressed in the rebuttal as well as any other possibility.

His English is good but when he gets excited he forgets his english words. Tell your husband to breathe :) Really, relax and try not to be nervous. Make eye contact with the consular officer, show confidence and smile. Tell him to focus on not getting excited or nervous...it will all be fine Insh'Allah. One thing that really helped my husband before his interview was reciting Qur'an, he recited Qur'an in his head while he was waiting to be called to the window. He told me it really helped him relax about everything.

You will be in my du'ahs. Insh'Allah you will be fine. Just try to prepare yourselves as best you can, be prepared for them to ask anything at all, but most of all remember that you have gotten this far together and you can get through the rest of it together as well. Definitely speak to your attorney regarding the affidavit of support so if you need to you can prepare what is needed before the interview. PM me if you need moral support, I'm definitely here for you :yes:

(F)~kiyah ~(F)

Thank you Kiyah. I will for sure. I am worried about a co-sponsor. What if I can't find one?

Thanks again Kiyah and I will pm you for sure cause we are nervous wrecks now.

Thanks,

Santa

Timeline
Kiyah has some wise words for you. Our case went as follow. First it was reaffirmed in Aug. They forward the case to the NVC. It took quite a bit of time at the NVC, but was finally forwarded to the consulate, and was received in then end of October. They scheduled the interview a week later. They didn't ask any further questions, but, and this for sure will apply to your case, they want updated documents. We had a new I-864, verification of employment from my employer, police report, and the medical. We had it all but the medical. We assumed that they could get it from the doctor since his last medical was within one year. The doctor didn't have it any longer, so he had to take it again. He was not put on AP. He received his visa in December.

Keep in mind, this was our case. Each case is different. But hopefully this will give you something to use as a timeline.

Best wishes, and keep us all informed.

Thank you so much for your help and advise. I will keep ya'll informed of our progress as we go along.

Thanks,

Santa :dance:

Timeline

With you being on a temporary leave of absence, is your income 125% above the poverty line for the number of persons in your household? Are you able to demonstrate with the most recent federal individual income tax return, or even the last 3 that you are able to sustain sufficient income?

If not, then is there no one in your family who is willing to sign the affidavit of support? Technically it doesn't even need to be a family member: Proof of U.S. citizen, national, or permanent resident status is required for joint and substitute sponsors.

Also, it isn't clear to me which visa he is interviewing for. I realize your K3 was returned and reaffirmed, but I wonder of there is a slight chance the consulate could try processing the CR1. The K3 if required by the consulate the affidavit of support is the I-134, and I have seen some consulates not allow a co-sponsor for the I-134 as it is not a legally binding contract. However, if the consulate tries to process the CR1, you will need to provide the I-864 which does allow for a co-sponsor, and IS VERY legally binding.

Exactly how far in the process did your CR1 (I-130) get? Was it stopped when the K3 was returned? I would have my attorney check out exactly what affidavit of support you are going to need, this can determine what you are required to provide.

Here are links to both the I-134 and I-864. The supporting evidence requirements do differ slightly, so it will be important to determine which one you are going to be required to provide.

I would contact my attorney right away to get this sorted out.

(F)~kiyah~(F)

~ Returns & Refusals...What They Don't Tell You ~

DISCLAIMER: I am not an attorney, all information provided is from years of research and personal experiences of those affected by returned visa petitions/applications. If this is happening to you, my personal advice is to research the facts, hire a good immigration lawyer who can demonstrate they specialize in returned/denied visa petitions and applications.

~ Faith, Patience, Perseverance ~

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.