LaneAndDaisy

SLEC Personal Evaluation for annulled beneficiaries

11 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

hi guys..i just would like to ask if its a STANDARD OPERATING PROCEDURE

OUR K-1 JOURNEY TIMELINE

06-22-2009 ---- NOA1 09-18-2009 ---- NOA2

10-27-2009 ---- Medical 11-11-2009 ---- PEPS for Annulment Issue 11-18-09 ----Received PEPS Result

12-04-2009 ---- Interview 12-12-2009 ---- Visa Received

12-18-2009 ---- Flight to US via PAL ...POE - LAX

03-02-2010 ---- SSN and State ID

---AOS TIMELINE---

02-09-2010 ---- Mailed AOS( 485, 864, 131, 765, 1145)

02-12-2010 ---- AOS Package Received by DHS-USCIS

02-18-2010 ---- E-Notification, SMS and NOA Hardcopy Received

03-15-2010 ---- Biometrics Appointment in Milwaukee, WI

04-09-2010 ---- Authorization for Parole/Travel Dox Received

04-16-2010 ---- EAD Card Received

05-12-2010 ---- Interview Schedule in Milwaukee..PASSED!!! Thank You Lord!

05-17-2010 ---- Welcome Notice arrived in mail

06-01-2010 ---- Received Instruction Permit Card from DMV

06-10-2010 ---- 2-yr. GC/PRC arrived today in the mail..SALAMAT PO LORD!

12-12-2010 ---- Got my DMV License

Timeline

here is my original post..

hi guys..i just would like to ask if its a STANDARD OPERATING PROCEDURE to undergo a Personal Evaluation Test/Interview with SLEC's Psychologist when ur annulled under "psychological incapacity"..I happened to be annulled under this ground but both my X filipino hubby and I. However, my lawyer explained to me that its not that I am insane nor violent or unfit to have future relationship but just merely incapacitated to be with my X hubby...If I was insane, the first one to terminate me is my local department where i am workin now. Besides, the local psychologist tried her best to reach out for my X hubby at home and work but to no avail..so since i was the petitioner of the case, i happened to be her target..pity... :bonk: ..anyway..i didnt realize that this could mean a real big issue..but at least i was annulled in a legal way...

When i had my medical last Oct. 27, the P.E. doctor knew i was annulled from the front page of the PDS under marital status. I didnt deny that and was confident because i have legal annulment papers. Unfortunately, in my Decree which she asked from me, it was stated there both petitioner and respondent of the annulment case was psychologically incapacitated, she turned to me and said "ITS AN SOP TO UNDERGO A PERSONAL EVALUATION TEST FROM SLEC'S PSYCHOLOGIST...so now ive to be back in Manila and undergo the test at SLEC on the 10th of November at 8am after which, 2-3 days, i'll get the result(hopefully) together with my medical result. Moreover, I am supposed to have my Interview on Nov. 5 as set but i refunded my ticket...If only there were posts like this before, i would have thought on what to answer the doctor..

Now, I am wondering if someone or anyone from this site had undergone same procedure or am I the first ever to experience this??and how long did it take before the result was out? And if its a red flag or a possibility of being denied or put under AR at the USEM?

Ive lots of speculations and mixed thoughts after that incident...what if i didnt show the papers to that doctor who pretended to be a lawyer? i might still pass the medical but what if the Pre-screener will read my annulment decree during the interview and see that im also incapacitated and will put me under AR for not telling SLEC about it, the longer im gonna wait...right??? well that same day after i was told by the doctor at slec, i couldnt think well and just cried coz i never heard nor read posts with same case like mine thats why i was so naive or maybe stupid enough to be too honest..at that spur of the moment i thought honesty was not always the best policy...sometimes we need to lie for our sake,,,but im sure, if its God's plan to let that doctor know, its a way to warm me up or prepare me for more debating and interrogation at USEM....now i realized i shouldnt be that freakin worry-wart.. as they say--""things happen for a reason""..and i believe it now..but again, i need to pray that ill pass this ordeal and have immeasurable patience...i feel a lil better today than the past days, honestly :yes:

so for those of u who are annulled and fall under same grounds, please just be honest..better than being denied or caught unaware at the USEM...two weeks aint that long to wait than bein put under AR/AP for several weeks or months...

Include me in ur daily prayers...i hope this post will be of help to others

u may share ur experiences too, or anything...just dont put hurting comments coz im not ready for that yet...

daisy and lane

Edited by LaneAndDaisy

OUR K-1 JOURNEY TIMELINE

10-27-2009 ---- Medical 11-11-2009 ---- PEPS for Annulment Issue 11-18-09 ----Received PEPS Result

---AOS TIMELINE---

Medical Interview is a joke in my opinion.

We have over 20 Millions Illegal Aliens in the USA, and most have snook across the border from Mexico or countries south of Mexico.

Just do the Interview if they have told you need it. But don't tell them your whole life story, just tell them what they need to hear for you to pass your test.

Good Luck.

youregonnalovemynutsf.jpg

"He always start the fire here in VJ thread and I believe all people will agree with me about it"

Timeline
Medical Interview is a joke in my opinion.

We have over 20 Millions Illegal Aliens in the USA, and most have snook across the border from Mexico or countries south of Mexico.

Just do the Interview if they have told you need it. But don't tell them your whole life story, just tell them what they need to hear for you to pass your test.

Good Luck.

thanks tallcoolone..guess i have no other choice but give my best shot..but i wont volunteer any info that is unnecessary..

OUR K-1 JOURNEY TIMELINE

---AOS TIMELINE---

here is my original post..

hi guys..i just would like to ask if its a STANDARD OPERATING PROCEDURE to undergo a Personal Evaluation Test/Interview with SLEC's Psychologist when ur annulled under "psychological incapacity"..I happened to be annulled under this ground but both my X filipino hubby and I. However, my lawyer explained to me that its not that I am insane nor violent or unfit to have future relationship but just merely incapacitated to be with my X hubby...If I was insane, the first one to terminate me is my local department where i am workin now. Besides, the local psychologist tried her best to reach out for my X hubby at home and work but to no avail..so since i was the petitioner of the case, i happened to be her target..pity... :bonk: ..anyway..i didnt realize that this could mean a real big issue..but at least i was annulled in a legal way...

When i had my medical last Oct. 27, the P.E. doctor knew i was annulled from the front page of the PDS under marital status. I didnt deny that and was confident because i have legal annulment papers. Unfortunately, in my Decree which she asked from me, it was stated there both petitioner and respondent of the annulment case was psychologically incapacitated, she turned to me and said "ITS AN SOP TO UNDERGO A PERSONAL EVALUATION TEST FROM SLEC'S PSYCHOLOGIST...so now ive to be back in Manila and undergo the test at SLEC on the 10th of November at 8am after which, 2-3 days, i'll get the result(hopefully) together with my medical result. Moreover, I am supposed to have my Interview on Nov. 5 as set but i refunded my ticket...If only there were posts like this before, i would have thought on what to answer the doctor..

Now, I am wondering if someone or anyone from this site had undergone same procedure or am I the first ever to experience this??and how long did it take before the result was out? And if its a red flag or a possibility of being denied or put under AR at the USEM?

Ive lots of speculations and mixed thoughts after that incident...what if i didnt show the papers to that doctor who pretended to be a lawyer? i might still pass the medical but what if the Pre-screener will read my annulment decree during the interview and see that im also incapacitated and will put me under AR for not telling SLEC about it, the longer im gonna wait...right??? well that same day after i was told by the doctor at slec, i couldnt think well and just cried coz i never heard nor read posts with same case like mine thats why i was so naive or maybe stupid enough to be too honest..at that spur of the moment i thought honesty was not always the best policy...sometimes we need to lie for our sake,,,but im sure, if its God's plan to let that doctor know, its a way to warm me up or prepare me for more debating and interrogation at USEM....now i realized i shouldnt be that freakin worry-wart.. as they say--""things happen for a reason""..and i believe it now..but again, i need to pray that ill pass this ordeal and have immeasurable patience...i feel a lil better today than the past days, honestly :yes:

so for those of u who are annulled and fall under same grounds, please just be honest..better than being denied or caught unaware at the USEM...two weeks aint that long to wait than bein put under AR/AP for several weeks or months...

Include me in ur daily prayers...i hope this post will be of help to others

u may share ur experiences too, or anything...just dont put hurting comments coz im not ready for that yet...

daisy and lane

my son had to undergo Psychological exam, i dont know why,but he has hearing problems and is only two.but we had to do it anyway then came back to SLEC after the results of the Psychological exam. Btw who was the doctor who did youre physical exam? is it Dr.Jan ? her cubicle is the last cubicle.

happier than ever

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi,

My previous marriage was annulled on the ground of psychological incapacity and my ex husband was declared psychologically incapacitated. I havent undergone yet the medical exams and interview.

I believe there was nothing wrong nor was it you fault that you told them the truth. Guess it is part of the assessment of the beneficiary's health status not only physically but also to determine one's psychological and mental health.

Being psychologically incapacitated as ground for annulment under the Civil Code of the Philippines does not mean one is insane. we both know that.

I have undergone the psychiatric evaluation which lasted for several sessions and took the psychological exams for one whole day as part of the evaluation conducted by the psychiatrist and psychologist for them to render an expert opinion on my psychological capacity and that of my ex husband. It was really tough and heartbreaking .

I know it will be another ordeal for you since you will go through this psychiatric and psychological evalation again. Just keep the faith and go take the psychological evaluation that SLEC requires.

Will be praying for you. Remember this "Even the falling of leaves has its own reason".

Please visit our website and make a difference in the lives of the children.www.gracegeneralsantos.org

Timeline

my son had to undergo Psychological exam, i dont know why,but he has hearing problems and is only two.but we had to do it anyway then came back to SLEC after the results of the Psychological exam. Btw who was the doctor who did youre physical exam? is it Dr.Jan ? her cubicle is the last cubicle.

thanks for the post...i happened to be under the torture chamber of Dr. Room 7....i dont know her alias...in fairness she is a pretty doctor and seemed nice from the start but after she found i was annulled, she immediately asked who the petitioner of the case and under what ground/s..thats it and from that moment on, she was like sauteing me over high heat..gawd, i dont wanna recall..but i think ill be fine...wish me luck that i wont undergo a battery of psych tests again, but instead just an interview...

thanks...

OUR K-1 JOURNEY TIMELINE

---AOS TIMELINE---

Timeline
Hi,

My previous marriage was annulled on the ground of psychological incapacity and my ex husband was declared psychologically incapacitated. I havent undergone yet the medical exams and interview.

I believe there was nothing wrong nor was it you fault that you told them the truth. Guess it is part of the assessment of the beneficiary's health status not only physically but also to determine one's psychological and mental health.

Being psychologically incapacitated as ground for annulment under the Civil Code of the Philippines does not mean one is insane. we both know that.

I have undergone the psychiatric evaluation which lasted for several sessions and took the psychological exams for one whole day as part of the evaluation conducted by the psychiatrist and psychologist for them to render an expert opinion on my psychological capacity and that of my ex husband. It was really tough and heartbreaking .

I know it will be another ordeal for you since you will go through this psychiatric and psychological evalation again. Just keep the faith and go take the psychological evaluation that SLEC requires.

Will be praying for you. Remember this "Even the falling of leaves has its own reason".

hi there..i dont think ull undergo same tests again during ur medical if u wont announce or if the doctor will miss lookin at ur marital status from ur PDS form..but even so, u were not declared by the court as psych incapacitated..twas ur X hubby as u mentioned so i dont think ull be required to do so..

yeah ive been through that series of tests during my annulment process, it took me several sessions on 3 different appointments..including that childish drawing thing they instructed me to do...and calculations...to name few.. and my X hubby declined to be tested so the psychologist just gave up and instead focused more on me since i was the petitioner..

My only concern is if the psychologist will force me to show the confidential report made by my psychologist here..says confidential..perhaps i have the right not to show it to him unless SLEC presents a court order..anyway they wanna test me for reasons like if i am mentally healthy enough to be with my fiance and that I wont be a public charge in the US..so in my strong opinion, he must assess me based on who i am now and not of who i was during my marriage with my X...i hope u agree with me...

i appreciate ur post......thanks

daisy

OUR K-1 JOURNEY TIMELINE

---AOS TIMELINE---

Timeline

Hi Daisy,

I dont think SLEC will require you to present the report made by your psychologist. That is not necessary.You can always refuse to present it unless it is with your consent and with the consent of your psychologist. Should they force you,then a court order is a requisite.Besides, had they plan to use that report then they will not require you to see their psychologist. They will conduct their own independent evaluation and assessment. Just be prepared for some questions which they may raise during the process.

Who would have thought that after the annulment ordeal that one has to go through, then SLEC will somehow give the beneficiary another nightmare. My annulment process took 5 years and all the emotions and anxieties attached to it make it a dreadful experience.

Im looking for a legal article abt psychological incapacity(i read it before) that i know will make you feel better and confident but cant find it.should i find it,promise will post it for you.

I understand what you feel. Just stay calm and focused during the process. You will pass it. GO GIRL!!!

Please visit our website and make a difference in the lives of the children.www.gracegeneralsantos.org

Timeline

OUR K-1 JOURNEY TIMELINE

---AOS TIMELINE---

Timeline

Daisy,

Thanks for that link. hope those beneficiaries who had their marriages annulled read it so they are informed beforehand. Weeks ago, i also came across a post that those with annulled marriages are required to bring the court decision and order of finality during the medical exams. Again,thanks.

Movi

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.