Leo&Farah

Is NVC call center open on public holidays?

16 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Malaysia
Timeline

We're trying to call NVC to find out the status of our case since NOA2. Was wondering if anyone knew if their hotline (if it is that) is open on public holidays. We probably need operator assistance and not the automated recording message system. Checked out their web page on Department of State but did not see any mention of public holidays.

Telephone operators are available to respond to more in-depth inquiries.

Hours: Monday through Friday from 7:30 AM to 12:00 AM (EST)

Tel: (603 334-0700).

N-400 Stuff:
07/02/16 : N-400 sent

07/11/16 : NOA1

07/28/16 : Biometrics

04/03/17: Interview (approved)

04/14/17: Judicial oath ceremony

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

All Federal offices are closed on Federal holidays.

I-864 Affidavit of Support FAQ -->> https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/support/i-864-frequently-asked-questions.html

FOREIGN INCOME REPORTING & TAX FILING -->> https://www.irs.gov/publications/p54/ch01.html#en_US_2015_publink100047318

CALL THIS NUMBER TO ORDER IRS TAX TRANSCRIPTS >> 800-908-9946

PLEASE READ THE GUIDES -->> Link to Visa Journey Guides

MULTI ENTRY SPOUSE VISA TO VN -->>Link to Visa Exemption for Vietnamese Residents Overseas & Their Spouses

Timeline

Ah damn, was hoping since they have operator assistance until midnight on weekdays their call center would be a separate entity since they do not adhere by the standard office hours.

N-400 Stuff:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline
Ah damn, was hoping since they have operator assistance until midnight on weekdays their call center would be a separate entity since they do not adhere by the standard office hours.

Just out of curiosity, I called the same number yesterday (Saturday) and got through their voice response system. You can use that to check status of your case (you can enter either the USCIS receipt number or the NVC case number if you already received a letter from them) 24/7. When I tried that, it states that they don't have a record of my receipt number or a case number. This is after I already spoke to a live person a week ago who said they received my case and have sent it over to Paris. I say to wait til business hours and really speak to a person to know for sure what's going on with your petition papers. You should be receiving a letter from NVC (in New Hampshire) confirming receipt of your case approx 1 week after your NO2 approval. In that letter, it also indicates the real case number.

I hope this helps. Thanks.

Edited by Jonara

- LB

Stay tune for yet another immi-saga in the life of LB & JD. Coming soon ---> AOS Chronicles

Timeline

Yes that helped me understand things a little better. Thank you =)

Guess we'll wait till Tuesday where we can speak to a human (that sounds so weird).

N-400 Stuff:

Timeline
Yes that helped me understand things a little better. Thank you =)

Guess we'll wait till Tuesday where we can speak to a human (that sounds so weird).

LOL, the fact that I already spoke with a nice lady who said "yeah we got it, and here's your case number..", I was hoping that whatever she said will be restated via VRU. Wrong! I didn't bother freaking out about it. I deserve to chill at some point in this process.... until the next saga.

By the way... 5 years of dating online before the real meeting? Dang yo....you're the master of faith. Salut!

- LB

Stay tune for yet another immi-saga in the life of LB & JD. Coming soon ---> AOS Chronicles

K-1 cases don't get entered into their automated system because they usually aren't at NVC very long.

If you search the forums, you can find info on how to track the case after it leaves NVC. They ship to the consulates via DHL. There's a thread called "NVC in/out" with all the info. You can use the DHL tracking website to get an idea when it shipped and when it was received, and there's also a State Department number in DC (area code 202) that you can call during normal business hours where you can find out if the file's been received by the consulate and processed into their system.

Improved USCIS Form G-325A (Biographic Information)

Form field input font changed to allow entry of dates in the specified format and to provide more space for addresses and employment history. This is the 6/12/09 version of the form; the current version is 8/8/11, but previous versions are accepted per the USCIS forms page.

Timeline
By the way... 5 years of dating online before the real meeting? Dang yo....you're the master of faith. Salut!

Well, when you find the right one what can you do about it? No point settling for anything less just because it's more convenient. Merci!

K-1 cases don't get entered into their automated system because they usually aren't at NVC very long.

If you search the forums, you can find info on how to track the case after it leaves NVC. They ship to the consulates via DHL. There's a thread called "NVC in/out" with all the info. You can use the DHL tracking website to get an idea when it shipped and when it was received, and there's also a State Department number in DC (area code 202) that you can call during normal business hours where you can find out if the file's been received by the consulate and processed into their system.

Thanks for the added info. We've saved this thread into bookmarks because it's so helpful. After posting, just discovered a whole forum dedicated to NVC so sorry to moderator that has to move this there. Here's a flower for your trouble. (F)

N-400 Stuff:

Yah government offices CLOSED for holidays... :)

1) 2 days after NOA2, starting calling NVC: 603-334-0700 press 1 then 5.

2) Once NVC has your case, they assign a new case #. Ask them what date they sent your file to the embassy & also for the NVC case #.

3) Once you know the date NVC sent off the file, track it at DHL's website: http://track.dhl-usa.com/TrackByRef.asp?nav=TrackByRef For the reference code, enter EXP 10 JUL 2009A (adjust using dates just before the date NVC told you), with a shipping range of that day to a few days later (July 13 - July 14 worked for the example above). Look for shipments to your beneficiary's embassy.

4) To find out if the embassy processed the packet, call the Dept of State before 5pm: 202-663-1225 press 1 then 0

Maybe this will help you Jonara

Mailed n-400 : 4-3-14

USCIS Received : 4-4-14

NOA1 Sent : 4-8-14

Biometrics Appt Letter Sent : 4-14-14

Biometrics Appt : 5-5-14

usaflag.gifphilippinesflag.gif

Poverty Guidelines : http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/i-864p.pdf
VisaJourney Guides : http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...amp;page=guides
K1 Flowchart : http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...amp;page=k1flow
K1/K3 AOS Guide : http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...mp;page=k1k3aos
ROC Guide : http://www.visajourney.com/content/751guide

DSC04023-1.jpg0906091800.jpg93dc3e19-1345-4995-9126-121c2d709290.jpg

Found it:

sorry :crying:

Well, since you apologized, I'll give you my list of post NOA2 tips:

2) Once NVC has your case, they assign a new case #. Ask them what date they sent your file to the embassy & also for the NVC case #.

3) Once you know the date NVC sent off the file, track it at DHL's website: http://track.dhl-usa.com/TrackByRef.asp?nav=TrackByRef For the reference code, enter EXP 10 JUL 2009A (adjust using dates just before the date NVC told you), with a shipping range of that day to a few days later (July 13 - July 14 worked for the example above). Look for shipments to your beneficiary's embassy.

4) To find out if the embassy processed the packet, call the Dept of State before 5pm: 202-663-1225 press 1 then 0

5) You can also call the DoS to find out your interview date once you believe the embassy has scheduled it.

Improved USCIS Form G-325A (Biographic Information)

Form field input font changed to allow entry of dates in the specified format and to provide more space for addresses and employment history. This is the 6/12/09 version of the form; the current version is 8/8/11, but previous versions are accepted per the USCIS forms page.

Timeline
Yah government offices CLOSED for holidays... :)

Maybe this will help you Jonara

Hey thank you. Indeed very helpful! I'll take a break for about a week from VJ worries and revisit this tracking option. I'm still in cloud 9 after finally receiving NO2... and having to talk to a real person from NVC. I'll cherish the moment for now and will start rattling people next week. lol.

Thanks for the pizza picture too...arghgh I'm hungry.

- LB

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
We're trying to call NVC to find out the status of our case since NOA2. Was wondering if anyone knew if their hotline (if it is that) is open on public holidays. We probably need operator assistance and not the automated recording message system. Checked out their web page on Department of State but did not see any mention of public holidays.

Telephone operators are available to respond to more in-depth inquiries.

Hours: Monday through Friday from 7:30 AM to 12:00 AM (EST)

Tel: (603 334-0700).

I think labour day is a federal holiday as such all federal offices are closed.

JNR

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Zambia
Timeline

Takes a couple of weeks for NVC to receive and process the file after the NOA2 is issued by USCIS. Might as well wait to find out the status anyway....holiday or not. They're pretty quick to notify you by mail anyway, once they process the stuff.

Sigh...wish USCIS and NVC were like ATMs....24/7

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

i went ahead and called nvc a few days after our noa2 and they had the case, then a day or two later i received a letter from them telling me they have it and will process it in about a week from the date of receipt.

hopes this helps

sara

Timeline

We called them today and found out they sent out our package to Malaysian embassy on 3rd Sept. :huh: That was fast. Considering we got our NOA2 email approval 31st August.

N-400 Stuff:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.