Hitting and Swearing

212 posts in this topic

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

I should say avoid hitting her back or you will be liable to any violence when situation get worst. A real "filipina" doesn't do this kind of action. But because of different factors affecting individual growth, one could turn a real Filipina to a sadistic one. These factors are environmental and biological or hereditary. It could be the type of family upbringing, type of friends she has, or it could be psychological one; emotional type of person, secretive, violent, or whatever. If you love her, you should be patient with her attitude and try to win her heart so that she can open what she thinks and feels. Deal it with LOVE not with ANGER. For Love brings love and hatred brings hatred. Hope you can get it through... ;)

Eternally destined,

Angel&Saint

MY K1 TIMELINE

AOS

CIS Office : Chicago IL

Date Filed : 2009-02-04

NOA Date : 2009-02-06

Bio. Appt. : 2009-03-03

Interview Date : 2009-05-19

Approved :2009-05-19

Got I551 Stamp : yes

Greencard Received:2009-06-26

EAD

CIS Office : Chicago IL

Filing Method : Mail

Filing Instance : First

Date Filed : 2009-02-04

NOA Date : 2009-02-06

Bio. Appt. : 2009-03-03

Approved Date : 2009-04-01

Date Card Received :2009-04-13

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

It doesn't sound like VAWA to me, it sounds like she had a traumatic childhood. Being so defensive of her family like that is a way to avoid having to deal with whatever that trauma is (as one of them is likely involved in some way). Definitely do not hit her back, nothing good will come from that, you'd only reinforce the behavior.

She was chatting with her family and I was next to her. She then started started talking about lice for some reason to me, it must have been a topic with her family. She then grabbed my head saying this is what they do and hit the top of my head relly hard with her fingernails. Thats when I swore, what the F. She then hit me in the mouth. After ending the chat with her family she started saying things like F you! You want to F me? and hit me a few more times slapping my face etc. Through all this I did nothing to retaliate and told her to stop.

The rest of the night was fine. We looked at houses online to make a list of what to send to our agent. Later when we went to bed I lay down next to her cuddling up to her back and put my arm around her waist like I always do. She then turned around and hit me a few more times and swore some more and then slapped my face hard. and thats when I slapped her back and told her to stop.

She now says I'm a violent person and saying things like its over, we will live together but not be together and says that I hate her and dont love her. No matter what I do to try and convince her otherwise. She hit me 7+ times before I hit her back once.

She got a weird attitude -- your wife. I guess she is upset with something only God knows. She is the violent one and not you. Strange.

Hokey Smoke!

Rocky: "Baby, are they still mad at us on VJ?"

Bullwinkle: "No, they are just confused."

Timeline

Sounds like she's got some deep-rooted issues bro. Not a nationality/cultural thing, but a mental one. Good luck.

BTW, if she goes off on you again, just beat her down with a pillow. My cousin does that to his crazy woman to keep her in line. He knocks her around the room until she calms down, and it doesnt leave bruises!

29ngqhd.jpg

Filed: Timeline
Sounds like she's got some deep-rooted issues bro. Not a nationality/cultural thing, but a mental one. Good luck.

BTW, if she goes off on you again, just beat her down with a pillow. My cousin does that to his crazy woman to keep her in line. He knocks her around the room until she calms down, and it doesnt leave bruises!

:blink: #######?

Timeline

I doubt she even knows what VAWA is? Clearly there are some problems that can't be addressed here as there is most certainly more to this story in regards to her past. She needs counseling and has to be willing to accept help. The first step which is usually the most difficult is to get the person to admit that they need help. This is a huge task in itself. Hang in there Uthar. There is no easy solution but there is hope. Mike

:blink: #######?

:rofl:

Edited by MikenKyhen

IT'S NOT THE DESTINATION ITS THE JOURNEY...AND WHAT A JOURNEY IT HAS BEEN

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

You should never strike a woman.

we have had a few yelling fights

This is not a good sign. It is either marriage counseler time or divorce lawyer time. A couple that fights, either yelling or hitting, does not have a chance.

I am sorry for you.

Phil (Lockport, near Chicago) and Alla (Lobnya, near Moscow)

As of Dec 7, 2009, now Zero miles apart (literally)!

Timeline
You should never strike a woman.

we have had a few yelling fights

This is not a good sign. It is either marriage counseler time or divorce lawyer time. A couple that fights, either yelling or hitting, does not have a chance.

I am sorry for you.

I agree a hundred percent. Good advice. This won't be an easy fix even If she agrees to counseling but it is definately a step in the right direction.

IT'S NOT THE DESTINATION ITS THE JOURNEY...AND WHAT A JOURNEY IT HAS BEEN

Filed: Other Timeline

I hate hearing swearing. most american people are doing swearing as expression when they are frustrated or annoyed.

About the hitting thing. I do slapp my hubby's butt. its just a sign of affection. :unsure::hehe: but he dislike it so, I stoped doing it.

and NO is not a cultural thing...its kinda individual behaviour.

Edited by lotus101

"True Love is never associated with violence,deception,abuse ( emotional,physical or verbal) constant sacrifice for the good of only one person,jealousy,fear or mistrust"

------------------------------------------

National Domestic Violence Hotline

Help is available to callers 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. Hotline advocates are available for victims and anyone calling on their behalf to provide crisis intervention, safety planning, information and referrals to agencies in all 50 states, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands. Assistance is available in English and Spanish with access to more than 170 languages through interpreter services. If you or someone you know is frightened about something in your relationship, please call the National Domestic Violence Hotline at 1-800-799-SAFE (7233) or TTY 1-800-787-3224.

. I swore and said "ah, what the f..." and then she would not stop swearing or hitting me.

This is never a filipina trait but probably some,as i dont know your wife and i dont know you,to describe you a bit about Filipina.. Filipina women would never engage in a quarrel or a loud argument simply because this wouldn’t suit a real Lady . WE are taught to speak politely, with a gentle tone of voice....This soft spoken, quiet and understanding nature of the Filipina Ladies is the desired trait that Filipinas strive towards..Filipinas are understanding,patient and composed...i wonder where your wife from in the Philippines?

3561055465_7e32541543_m.jpg3561659436_e8b5cc66fc_m.jpg

"Our Wedding Prayer"

Lord,help us to remember when we first met,and the strong love that grew between us.

To work the love into practical things so nothing can divide us

Grant us a Love that grows stronger with each passing year.

We ask for words both kind and loving

and for hearts always ready to ask forgiveness as well as to forgive.

Guide us to overcome every challenge

and keep our dreams pure to each other always.

Dear Lord,we put our marriage into Your hands.Amen

If your heart acquires strength, you will be able to remove blemishes from others without thinking evil of them.

Filed: Timeline

In my experience, Filipinas have four ways of expressing offense at some thing you said, or did, that embarrassed her. The first is tampo. She shuts down, doesen't say anything more than she has to, and appears withdrawn. If that doesn't work, then she will strike you. Not hard enough to hurt, just something to get your attention, nothing a tough guy like you shouldn't be able to handle. Third is the tears. Not outright crying, she will problably hide her face, but the tears will be real enough. The fourth way of expressing offense you don't want to know, and things are pretty much over at that point.

What I am trying to say here, is either you are not paying attention to what your wife is trying to tell you, and you totally fvcked up, or you stepped into something you don't want to have anything to do with. Perhaps some counseling at this point would be advised. She is probably Catholic, so both of you go see your local parish priest, and see what happens. Other than that, the Filipinos respect age, so an elderly Filipino might be able to intervene, and give you both some advise.

By striking her back, you fvcked up dude! It will take a lifetime to get her trust back, if she don't leave you at the first opportunity. Filipinas don't get mad, they get even.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.