Arabella

I-134 Bank Letter

8 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hi VJ'ers!

When I request the letter from my bank for the supporting evidence, can they fax it to me or does it need to be mailed? My bank is USAA and they are based in San Antonio, TX (I live in Florida).

Also, if I order the letter once my fiance receives his packet 3, how long is it valid for? I've read that his consulate (Montreal) can take 3-4 months for the actual interview date. So I am wondering if the letter needs to be current (30 days, 60 days, 90 days old?).

I did read the instructions for filing the I-134 and it doesn't address either question.

I already have the tax transcipts for the past 3 years, the letter from my employer (which I will probably request again since it is dated for March 2009), my salary is well above what it needs to be and I've had my job for many years. I am just not sure when to request the bank info.

Thanks for the replies!

02.09.2007- Met online (EverQuest 2)

07.11.2008- Met in person (Orlando)

02.14.2009- Got engaged (Toronto)

K-1

03.13.2009- NOA 1

08.24.2009- NOA 2

11.20.2009- Montreal Interview Approved!!

02.01.2010- POE @ Lewiston Bridge

02.25.2010- Applied for SS#

04.29.2010- Beach Wedding!!

AOS

05.27.2010- NOA 1 for I-131, I-485 & I-765

06.18.2010- I-485 transferred to CSC

06.21.2010- Biometrics

07.22.2010- EAD & AP approved

10.28.2010- RFE for I-485- They lost our medical!

12.09.2010- Green Card in hand!

ROC

09.14.2012- Mailed I-751 to VSC

10.26.2012- Biometrics

04.11.2013- 10 Year Green Card approved! No interview :)

8zs8cuv3suq7.png

Hi VJ'ers!

When I request the letter from my bank for the supporting evidence, can they fax it to me or does it need to be mailed? My bank is USAA and they are based in San Antonio, TX (I live in Florida).

Also, if I order the letter once my fiance receives his packet 3, how long is it valid for? I've read that his consulate (Montreal) can take 3-4 months for the actual interview date. So I am wondering if the letter needs to be current (30 days, 60 days, 90 days old?).

I did read the instructions for filing the I-134 and it doesn't address either question.

I already have the tax transcipts for the past 3 years, the letter from my employer (which I will probably request again since it is dated for March 2009), my salary is well above what it needs to be and I've had my job for many years. I am just not sure when to request the bank info.

Thanks for the replies!

If your income is high enough to meet the income level, you do not need the bank letter. (only needed if you are using assets to show support).

A fax (copy) of the letter would be sufficient - but I wouldn't bother.

My Advice is usually based on "Worst Case Scenario" and what is written in the rules/laws/instructions. That is the way I roll... -Protect your Status - file before your I-94 expires.

WARNING: Phrases in this post may sound meaner than they were intended to be. Read the Adjudicator's Field Manual from USCIS

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Question comes up all the time, if INCOME exceeds 125% povertyline, then asset data NOT needed.

Bank statements are only needed if you are using the balance on account as an asset to make up for shortfall in income.

The directions included with I-134 are very old, USCIS has no reason to update them since USCIS has no application for that form.

The consulates tend to treat the I-134 like a mini-I-864 as so prefer the same financial evidence as the I-864.

In our case this what the I-134 included.

• I-134

• SIMPLE Tax transcripts from the IRS for past 3 years, (Redundant for the (1040,W2,1099) but are free from the IRS http://www.irs.gov/taxtopics/tc156.html?portlet=1

• Photo copy of IRS form 1040, and W2s for past 3 years (Not necessary if you provide the transcripts)

• Letter from my employer stating annual salary, job responsibility, and that is full time, on company letterhead.

• Photo copies of past month or so of pay stubs up to a few weeks before the interview.
My income was well above the povertyline so I did not include any asset data (LIKE BANK STATEMENTS or property values).

If your income exceeds 125% of the povertyline when counting yourself, prospective immigrant and any dependents, then don't bother with assets (401K, Bank balance, Stocks etc..), it is just extra un-needed data to provide, the consular officer is most concerned with INCOME.

Edited by YuAndDan

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Agree, don't worry about getting the letter from your bank since you already have your tax transcripts, employer letter and make more than required.

Diana

CR-1

02/05/07 - I-130 sent to NSC

05/03/07 - NOA2

05/10/07 - NVC receives petition, case # assigned

08/08/07 - Case Complete

09/27/07 - Interview, visa granted

10/02/07 - POE

11/16/07 - Received green card and Welcome to America letter in the mail

Removing Conditions

07/06/09 - I-751 sent to CSC

08/14/09 - Biometrics

09/27/09 - Approved

10/01/09 - Received 10 year green card

U.S. Citizenship

03/30/11 - N-400 sent via Priority Mail w/ delivery confirmation

05/12/11 - Biometrics

07/20/11 - Interview - passed

07/20/11 - Oath ceremony - same day as interview

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Thanks for all of the replies. I won't worry about the bank letter.

Now, the letter from my employer is dated March 2009. I anticipate my fiance's interview will be this fall. Should I get another letter? I also have a new contract for the next school year that I was issued (I am a tenured School Counselor), and I have a copy for him. I was hoping maybe this will suffice?

Edited by Arabella

02.09.2007- Met online (EverQuest 2)

07.11.2008- Met in person (Orlando)

02.14.2009- Got engaged (Toronto)

K-1

03.13.2009- NOA 1

08.24.2009- NOA 2

11.20.2009- Montreal Interview Approved!!

02.01.2010- POE @ Lewiston Bridge

02.25.2010- Applied for SS#

04.29.2010- Beach Wedding!!

AOS

05.27.2010- NOA 1 for I-131, I-485 & I-765

06.18.2010- I-485 transferred to CSC

06.21.2010- Biometrics

07.22.2010- EAD & AP approved

10.28.2010- RFE for I-485- They lost our medical!

12.09.2010- Green Card in hand!

ROC

09.14.2012- Mailed I-751 to VSC

10.26.2012- Biometrics

04.11.2013- 10 Year Green Card approved! No interview :)

8zs8cuv3suq7.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Bobby is correct. Most people on VJ do not use assets to qualify, so no need for bank or real estate or stock certificates etc. Good Luck

K1

March 2 Filed I-129 F

July 21 Interview in Bogota ** Approved ** Very Easy!

AOS

Oct 19 Mailed AOS Packet to Chicago

Feb 17 AOS interview in Denver. Biometrics also done today! (Interviewing officer ordered them.)

Apr 25 Green card received

Removal of conditions

March 17 Refiled using new I-751 form

April 16 Biometrics done

July 10 Green card production ordered

Citizenship

Jan 20 filed N400

Feb 04 NOA date

Feb 24 Biometrics

May 5 Interview - Centennial (Denver, Colorado) Passed

June 10 Oath Ceremony - Teikyo Loretto Heights, Denver, Colorado

July 7 Received Passport in 3 weeks

Shredded all immigration papers Have scanned images

Thanks for all of the replies. I won't worry about the bank letter.

Now, the letter from my employer is dated March 2009. I anticipate my fiance's interview will be this fall. Should I get another letter? I also have a new contract for the next school year that I was issued (I am a tenured School Counselor), and I have a copy for him. I was hoping maybe this will suffice?

You should have it closer to the actual interview date - as that is when it is required.

My Advice is usually based on "Worst Case Scenario" and what is written in the rules/laws/instructions. That is the way I roll... -Protect your Status - file before your I-94 expires.

WARNING: Phrases in this post may sound meaner than they were intended to be. Read the Adjudicator's Field Manual from USCIS

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

We just had our interview and things went well, so I can tell you what worked with us.

I either picked up the bank and brokerage statements or had them mailed, because they want the statements notarized. I wouldnt suggest a faxed copy, since most legal procedures will not accept that and require originals.

My statements were gathered in January before I headed to the Philippines to be with my Fiance. The USCIS took so long in processing my Petition, that by the time the interview happened on June 10 the statements were six months old. What I did before we went to the interview is go online to my accounts and print out current months statements. I kept the original notarized documents in her interview materials on top, and added the current copies below them. She was asked at the window about the date of the statements, and I was there and explained the situation. They accepted that.

I live in Boynton Beach.

Carl and Maria

Hi VJ'ers!

Thanks for the replies!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.