Steve and Evelyn

Age Difference

38 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello everyone!

I know there's a poll somewhere on VJ about the age difference between filipinas and their husbands/fiances. I've seen it and saw many with large age gaps between the man and woman. I'm just curious. Did the consular officer bring this up during the interview? Did it cause anyone to get denied? I've been worrying about this the last couple of days. Her interview is June 16th. She just needs to do one more thing for her medical related to her recent surgery. We have a legitimate relationship and proof of such for three and half years now. Maybe I'm just worried about nothing but any reassurance would make it easier to sleep at night. I really don't want anymore delays.

Thanks everyone and good luck with your visa journey.

Best wishes,

Grace & Steven

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i know another couple with a big age difference and there was no problem during her interview. she is now in the states.

feb. 26,2008-----noa1

aug. 26, 2008----transferred to csc

sept. 19, 2008--- approved

NVC:

sept. 26, 2008----got case # from a live operator

oct. 6, 2008 ------received AOS bill/paid online

oct. 7, 2008 ------shows PAID

oct. 14,2008 -----IV fee generated/ paid online

oct. 15,2008 -----shows PAID

oct. 16,2008 -----mailed DS230 overnight

oct. 23,2008 ---- RFE

nov. 3,2008 ----- case complete

nov. 26,2008 --- medical exam

aug. 14,2009 --- remedical finally, passed

aug. 24, 2009 -- interview , passed

aug. 29, 2009 -- visa in hand

sept. 24, 2009 -- POE LAX

Hello everyone!

I know there's a poll somewhere on VJ about the age difference between filipinas and their husbands/fiances. I've seen it and saw many with large age gaps between the man and woman. I'm just curious. Did the consular officer bring this up during the interview? Did it cause anyone to get denied? I've been worrying about this the last couple of days. Her interview is June 16th. She just needs to do one more thing for her medical related to her recent surgery. We have a legitimate relationship and proof of such for three and half years now. Maybe I'm just worried about nothing but any reassurance would make it easier to sleep at night. I really don't want anymore delays.

Best wishes,

Grace & Steven

Did you say earlier that you are 34 years age diff? No problem with that. Age is just a number. You will be fine. :star: :star:

Sign-on-a-church-af.jpgLogic-af.jpgwwiao.gif

Timeline

My plan was to be there unfortunately my fiance's family had a medical emergency which basically took all of my travel money. I'll just trust the mountains of evidence we have of a three and half year relationship will do the trick! Thank you for your replies.

Best wishes,

Grace & Steven

Filed: Timeline
Hello everyone!

Best wishes,

Grace & Steven

It's not a problem if you can prove that it is a legitimate relationship. Though on my interview the consul really ask me about why I wanna get married to this person 13 years my senior , but I answer ed him calmly.It doesn't mean your fiancee will be ask about this, it's up to the CO what he/she wants to ask.

Edited by sojen

Dont worry about the age gap,as long as you have a proof that the relationship is genuine ,proof on going relationship,then it'll be fine..Goodluck and have a nice weekend!!!

= Lifting Conditional Status =

=TIMELINE=

June 01, 2012 = Date Filed

2uy0dqv9l9c.png

[GOD,i thank you so much for answering my prayers..Thank you so much...

Hello everyone!

Best wishes,

Grace & Steven

It depends on the age and how experienced the girl is. If she is barely passed being a teenager, fresh from the barrio, and can hardly speak English, and the guy is like 60 years old, grizzled and gray, chances are fairly good you might get a fraud investigation.

Hokey Smoke!

Rocky: "Baby, are they still mad at us on VJ?"

Bullwinkle: "No, they are just confused."

Filed: Timeline
Hello everyone!

Best wishes,

Grace & Steven

It depends on the age and how experienced the girl is. If she is barely passed being a teenager, fresh from the barrio, and can hardly speak English, and the guy is like 60 years old, grizzled and gray, chances are fairly good you might get a fraud investigation.

:lol::yes:

Hello everyone!

Best wishes,

Grace & Steven

:lol::yes:

well for my case it wasnt an issue for the consul who interviewed me.actually im 21 now and my hubby is 64 and take note i had a daughter from another guy. but look at us now me and my daughter are both here in US with hubby

Edited by yan

Timeline
well for my case it wasnt an issue for the consul who interviewed me.actually im 21 now and my hubby is 64 and take note i had a daughter from another guy. but look at us now me and my daughter are both here in US with hubby

good for you.

30 years here. 20 vs 50.

No problems.

No questions.

I have read at the MANILA U.S. EMBASSY CONSULAR SECTION: A HIGH FRAUD POST

That a huge age gap still another fraudulent practice for elderly U.S. citizens to use a K-1 petition for a younger Filipina as a housemaid, instead of a housewife.

3561055465_7e32541543_m.jpg3561659436_e8b5cc66fc_m.jpg

"Our Wedding Prayer"

Lord,help us to remember when we first met,and the strong love that grew between us.

To work the love into practical things so nothing can divide us

Grant us a Love that grows stronger with each passing year.

We ask for words both kind and loving

and for hearts always ready to ask forgiveness as well as to forgive.

Guide us to overcome every challenge

and keep our dreams pure to each other always.

Dear Lord,we put our marriage into Your hands.Amen

If your heart acquires strength, you will be able to remove blemishes from others without thinking evil of them.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.