Danno

'Gay' gene claim suddenly vanishes

347 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
Asked by journalists to tell the secret of their peculiar relationship, Victor explained that there is no jealousy between them. “But this is because Mirjam and Bianca are bisexual. I think that with two heterosexual women it would be more difficult.” Victor stressed, however, that he is “a one hundred per cent heterosexual” and that a fourth person will not be allowed into the “marriage.” They want to take their marriage obligations seriously: “to be honest and open with each other and not philander.”

http://www.brusselsjournal.com/node/301

which is exactly the situation i had mentioned before - someone who is bisexual is not able to fully practice their sexuality/attaction to both sexes within the confines of traditional marriage, hence my stance on plural marriage.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

• Replies 346
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not convinced that men are that keen on anything except the type of plural marriage that offers the vision of lesbian sex. Still, out the closet all those (apart from Mawilson) who are all for a multiplesexual pile up :)

Refusing to use the spellchick!

I have put you on ignore. No really, I have, but you are still ruining my enjoyment of this site. .

Timeline
and maybe wife #1 might want to do wife #2

:no: I don't think so my friend.... that would be like gay marriage. Sorry, you're out. :P

see the above.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

I have no moral or religious objection to gay marriages, or even polygamy for that matter. My marriage and relationship with my wife is not affected or lessened in any way shape or form if gay couples are allowed the same rights that I am. My problem is one that would occur a bit further down the road if it were gay marriage were legalized on a federal level.

Not all religions recognize homosexuality as a legitimate lifestyle and would certainly be opposed to gay marriages. If gay marriages were allowed, I doubt their feelings on the subject matter would change, however, the penalties for discrimination don't. If a church refused to allow a gay couple to have their wedding on their premisis, would this constitute a violation of their rights? Would they have a case to sue for discrimination? I know that there are churches that are more than willing to perform the ceremonies. But, there will most certainly be someone out there who will force the issue and throw out a test case for this.

Timeline
I have no moral or religious objection to gay marriages, or even polygamy for that matter. My marriage and relationship with my wife is not affected or lessened in any way shape or form if gay couples are allowed the same rights that I am. My problem is one that would occur a bit further down the road if it were gay marriage were legalized on a federal level.

Not all religions recognize homosexuality as a legitimate lifestyle and would certainly be opposed to gay marriages. If gay marriages were allowed, I doubt their feelings on the subject matter would change, however, the penalties for discrimination don't. If a church refused to allow a gay couple to have their wedding on their premisis, would this constitute a violation of their rights? Would they have a case to sue for discrimination? I know that there are churches that are more than willing to perform the ceremonies. But, there will most certainly be someone out there who will force the issue and throw out a test case for this.

no, as one must be a member of the church to be married. even nessa and i couldn't walk into a random church in kansas and be married.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

Filed: Timeline

no, as one must be a member of the church to be married. even nessa and i couldn't walk into a random church in kansas and be married.

well, but that's cuz u r the devil dude. :lol:

Seriously - I don't think it would brother Rob: religious organizations have their own interpretation of "rights" ==== usually not very inclusive.

At a gathering of American Bishops, the Catholic Church in the US decided the issue this way: Marriage is a civil contract, and Matrimony is a Sacrament. That would not prevent the Church from solemnizing marriages between two men or two women. They would, however, still be denied the Sacrament of Matrimony, which is a religious rite.

At a gathering of American Bishops, the Catholic Church in the US decided the issue this way: Marriage is a civil contract, and Matrimony is a Sacrament. That would not prevent the Church from solemnizing marriages between two men or two women. They would, however, still be denied the Sacrament of Matrimony, which is a religious rite.

There you go. See? now we can all be friends. WAIT. Scratch that.

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
Hey - don't shoot me, I said I have no issues with plural marriage - I would just not enter one. Yeah yeah I know, I am anachronistic, insecure and jealous :lol:

Don't be jealous, Len - you're too precious to be for only one person. Join my polygamy lobby! :P

biden_pinhead.jpgspace.gifrolling-stones-american-flag-tongue.jpgspace.gifinside-geico.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Something like this has already happened up in the new England states (forget which one).

A church owned a Gazebo type thing on the beach which they used for weddings and also let others use it for a fee....

Naturally a couple of Homos (actually I think it was lesbos) brought a law suite and the Church was forced to stop allowing the public to use it.

I know there are a number of Beautiful churches around town to "rent" for wedding services. Many of these historic buildings use this income to maintain the buildings (ever price a slate roof?).

Certainly these Churches will be in the cross hairs of Gay-rights groups as soon as one couple is declined the use of the building..... The Church will either be pressured to compromise a principle or watch these buildings decline as many consist of old retired people with little funds.

type2homophobia_zpsf8eddc83.jpg

"Those people who will not be governed by God

will be ruled by tyrants."

William Penn

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Peru
Timeline
Hey - don't shoot me, I said I have no issues with plural marriage - I would just not enter one. Yeah yeah I know, I am anachronistic, insecure and jealous :lol:

Don't be jealous, Len - you're too precious to be for only one person. Join my polygamy lobby! :P

LOL

It's the big love fever, it's spreading

Edited by susita83
205656_848198845714_16320940_41282447_7410167_n-1.jpg

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

Something like this has already happened up in the new England states (forget which one).

A church owned a Gazebo type thing on the beach which they used for weddings and also let others use it for a fee....

Naturally a couple of Homos (actually I think it was lesbos) brought a law suite and the Church was forced to stop allowing the public to use it.

I know there are a number of Beautiful churches around town to "rent" for wedding services. Many of these historic buildings use this income to maintain the buildings (ever price a slate roof?).

Certainly these Churches will be in the cross hairs of Gay-rights groups as soon as one couple is declined the use of the building..... The Church will either be pressured to compromise a principle or watch these buildings decline as many consist of old retired people with little funds.

It was New Jersey, and the outcome of that they lost their tax exempt status. They were allowed to still decide whom they would serve though.

I'd be in favor of a federal law legalizing gay marriage as long as they place a stipulation that churches are not forced to perform the ceremonies and cannot be held criminally or civil liable in any way.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
I just don't get why everyone just doesn't back off and let people do whatever the hell they want.

I mean is it really going to affect you? Seriously

Did you fail to see we answered that question again and again.

YES Gay marriage effects others in many ways.

Did you really think any such change of this size would not... seriously?

type2homophobia_zpsf8eddc83.jpg

"Those people who will not be governed by God

will be ruled by tyrants."

William Penn

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Peru
Timeline
I just don't get why everyone just doesn't back off and let people do whatever the hell they want.

I mean is it really going to affect you? Seriously

Did you fail to see we answered that question again and again.

YES Gay marriage effects others in many ways.

Did you really think any such change of this size would not... seriously?

Yes I'm sorry Danno, I'm illiterate and I couldn't your previous posts.

castanza_thumb3.jpg

I have my opinion. It's true that there is a whole lot of fear and many people are uncomfortable with the idea. It's also true that socially and politically it would be a change for US policy. That doesn't mean we shouldn't allow it.

And as far as my previous statement goes, honestly, the individual heterosexual would not feel the effects of allowing gay marriage. I know this has been discussed but, this law would legalize civil ceremonies, the churches have their own internal rules and standards.

As of right now, gay marriage is legal in Canada, Belgium, Sweden, Norway, Netherlands, Spain, etc.

Wow now that I think of it Danno, you're completely right. These countries have been turned upside down. What a disaster.

http://www.jstor.org.libproxy.cc.stonybroo...lus/3595591.pdf

For all that are interested this is one of many excellent articles on gay rights from the Univ of Utah press which discusses the conflict over gay rights in the US (it's a study, not opinion)

205656_848198845714_16320940_41282447_7410167_n-1.jpg