Kath

LAND DOWNUNDER, Aussie Aussie Aussie Oi Oi Oi

2,770 posts in this topic

Filed: FB-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

Ds230 is on the ground in LA now... Now it just has to cross from the west coast to the east coast... Tracking was a bad idea... Lol

The Long Wait...

Unmarried Son of US Citizen OVER 21

[dd/mm/yy]

USCIS

xx/03/05 - I130 Sent

24/03/05 - NOA1 Received

[many moons later]

12/03/09 - NOA2 Received

Your I-130 was approved in 1448 days from your NOA1 date.

NVC

05/04/10 - Received I-864 Bill

23/04/10 - IV Fee Bill Received

18/05/10 - DS230 Sent

11/06/10 - July 2010 Bulletin shows PD Current - WOOT!

14/06/10 - Operator and AVR Update to say CASE COMPLETE 10/6/10

16/06/10 - SIF

CONSULATE

29/06/10 - P4

07/07/10 @ 11:00am - Medical - COMPLETE

03/08/10 @ 9:00am 11:00am - Interview!(SYD) - APPROVED!

USA

13/09/2010 - POE @ LAX

24/09/2010 - Welcome Letter from USCIS!

25/09/2010 - Green Card Arrived

07/10/2010 - SSN!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline

Really? I had a look at the reviews here: http://www.visajourney.com/reviews/index.php?cnty=Australia&cty=&dfilter=5 but they're all GREAT reviews. Are you looking somewhere else? Or are you a member of an Aussie CR1 thread or something and those people haven't done proper consulate reviews?? I saw a CR1 in Jan 2010 and it was a great one too.. maybe I'm missing something? I even tried looking for bad ones but the most recent was 2008...

I'm sure you'll be fine. You'll log on here and tell us how easy it was I'm sure :D

I know, right??? I read ALL the Aussie reviews from the past 12 months and they were all great. Then in the last 2 weeks we had Bacon, then Emilyjane and then OMG - I forget!! They DCF'ed just 2 weeks ago ... why the hell can't I remember and apparently they got grilled even down to specific dates ... :bonk: So I'm freaking out and I tell the husband. He is better with our dates than I am!! So now he is coming over because the military is finally cooperating and we have a 10 day window ... yayay!! He is like all excited ... leave starts on the 31st May and he can fly out same day.

Guess what ... because of the time difference he flies in the day after my effin interview ... :bonk: Why am I even friends with him???

OUR JOURNEY SO FAR: (dd/mm/yyyy)

18/09/09 - CR1 NOA1

16/07/10 - POE LAX (256 days NOA1 to interview)

27/09/10 - Aussie/American bun in the oven due May 10, 2011

06/01/11 - Submitted change of address online to USCIS. Mailed I-865 for sponsor. Neverending!

05/05/11 - Bouncing baby boy arrives

10/07/12 - Sent I-751

13/07/12 - I-751 NOA1

Deb I am sure you will do perfectly wonderful with your interview :)

Ok I have logged in because I need to vent where the person involved can not read ha ha

So as most of you are aware when I moved here to the USA I left 3 of my children in AUS...my two sons are living with my parents. My youngest son requires a kidney transplant and is currently on Hemo Dialysis -- so this is why he isnt here with us -- the costs involved plus waiting for a transplant already meant more then he was willing to do over here in the USA. So I get updates from my *ahem* Mother at least twice a week as to how he is doing etc. Now I have been here for almost 6 weeks and I am STILL waiting for either her or my father to even ASK how we are, are we coping etc. Not a bloody words gets mentioned in regards to our life here...it is kind of out of sight out of mind. So today in her email update she takes this wonderful tone of how I am such a horrible mother as I have not called the boys all except once the day I arrived here. I got very upset & then angry. Just because I call first thing in the morning AFTER her & my father have left for work she thinks I have not called. I was trying to go back to sleep when Eric got home from work but I am so angry & my stomach is in knots.

I miss my kids more then anyone can imagine -- I cry more often then even Eric knows because I miss them so bad and hate not knowing what is happening in their lives every single day! I dont get to hug them, kiss them or just look over to see them there....and my stupid b*&^% of a mother seems to think that I am moving on with my life without any thought of them.

I am sorry to vent here...but I seriously needed to get it off my chest as my head is splitting & my heart is aching terribly this morning because of this.

BWUs-1.jpg

Our Time Line:

01/31/2009 - Met Online

03/02/2009 - Reservations Made For My Flight To NH

06/11/2009 - Leave For Face To Face Meeting in NH

06/20/2009 - Last Kiss or Touch for 4 Months

07/21/2009 - Flights Booked For Eric To Come Down Under

10/17/2009 - Eric Arrives In Sydney

10/17/2009 - Eric Proposes -- YAY!

10/22/2009 - Engagement Photo Shoot In Sydney Harbour

11/01/2009 - Eric Flies Back To USA To Begin K1 Process.

12/03/2009 - I 129F FILED

12/07/2009 - NOA1

12/10/2009 - Touched

12/12/2009 - NOA1 Hard Copy Received

03/10/2010 - TOUCHED

03/10/2010 - APPROVED!!!!!

03/17/2010 - NVC Sends Petition to Sydney

03/22/2010 - Sydney Receives Petition

03/23/2010 - Packet 3 Received

03/23/2010 - Packet 3 Returned To Consulate

03/29/2010 - Packet 4 Received

04/06/2010 - Interview

04/06/2010 - APPROVED!!!!

04/08/2010 - Visa In Hand.

04/10/2010 - FLIGHT TO USA!!!

04/19/2010 - SSN received in mail.

06/05/2010 - MARRIED!!!

09/23/2010 - GC Approved!!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

Ok I have logged in because I need to vent where the person involved can not read ha ha

So as most of you are aware when I moved here to the USA I left 3 of my children in AUS...my two sons are living with my parents. My youngest son requires a kidney transplant and is currently on Hemo Dialysis -- so this is why he isnt here with us -- the costs involved plus waiting for a transplant already meant more then he was willing to do over here in the USA. So I get updates from my *ahem* Mother at least twice a week as to how he is doing etc. Now I have been here for almost 6 weeks and I am STILL waiting for either her or my father to even ASK how we are, are we coping etc. Not a bloody words gets mentioned in regards to our life here...it is kind of out of sight out of mind. So today in her email update she takes this wonderful tone of how I am such a horrible mother as I have not called the boys all except once the day I arrived here. I got very upset & then angry. Just because I call first thing in the morning AFTER her & my father have left for work she thinks I have not called. I was trying to go back to sleep when Eric got home from work but I am so angry & my stomach is in knots.

I miss my kids more then anyone can imagine -- I cry more often then even Eric knows because I miss them so bad and hate not knowing what is happening in their lives every single day! I dont get to hug them, kiss them or just look over to see them there....and my stupid b*&^% of a mother seems to think that I am moving on with my life without any thought of them.

I am sorry to vent here...but I seriously needed to get it off my chest as my head is splitting & my heart is aching terribly this morning because of this.

Awww love. Did you reply to her email?

It seriously pisses me off when people jump to conclusions like that. Did she not realise that if that WERE the case your kids would be asking why you don't call?

I completely understand the "hiding the sadness" stuff. I mean I don't have kids so I think it's nowhere near as bad for me, but I still feel awful any time Tony catches me upset or crying. Usually I hide it from him but some days I can't. Some days it's very hard.

It sounds to me like your mother might be a little jealous. My mum always says "kill them with kindness" so rather that responding angrily or letting her know she got to you I would simply ignore it but find ways to bring up things you know from phone conversations like "oh, X told me when I called yesterday..." or "I was so happy to hear that X ... X told me when I was on the phone last week". or do none of that an simply end your friendly email with "Don't worry about telling the kids any of this, I'll tell them when I call, like I always do every morning".

Stupid woman. Grr. I'm angry for you. Plus has she never heard of the internet? I'm sure you call every day but I used to also send Tony emails, and we'd talk online and everything.

Awww love. Did you reply to her email?

It seriously pisses me off when people jump to conclusions like that. Did she not realise that if that WERE the case your kids would be asking why you don't call?

I completely understand the "hiding the sadness" stuff. I mean I don't have kids so I think it's nowhere near as bad for me, but I still feel awful any time Tony catches me upset or crying. Usually I hide it from him but some days I can't. Some days it's very hard.

It sounds to me like your mother might be a little jealous. My mum always says "kill them with kindness" so rather that responding angrily or letting her know she got to you I would simply ignore it but find ways to bring up things you know from phone conversations like "oh, X told me when I called yesterday..." or "I was so happy to hear that X ... X told me when I was on the phone last week". or do none of that an simply end your friendly email with "Don't worry about telling the kids any of this, I'll tell them when I call, like I always do every morning".

Stupid woman. Grr. I'm angry for you. Plus has she never heard of the internet? I'm sure you call every day but I used to also send Tony emails, and we'd talk online and everything.

Thanks Vanessa -- it means a lot!

I replied & stupidly in the heat of my anger (GRRRR) and said that I had called but because either the boys didn't mention it or her & dad were not home then I guess it didn't count. I do email the boys as well as my youngest daughter at least every few days but boys being boys don't always check their email (especially 17 & 19 year old ones!) and they are always great in replies. I get extremely upset when I don't see them on web cam every Saturday night (USA TIME) because it is the only time I see them when I have seen them every single day of their lives.

I am the same as you are with Tony -- I hide the sadness as much as possible & I am lucky that Eric understands & is totally supportive...but I do not want to tint our life with this sadness all the time. When it hits me worse is when we do something like going hiking -- in my head I always say ' I wish the kids could see this...I wish they were here laughing with us..etc' but life is what it is we make the most of it.

BWUs-1.jpg

Our Time Line:

01/31/2009 - Met Online

03/02/2009 - Reservations Made For My Flight To NH

06/11/2009 - Leave For Face To Face Meeting in NH

06/20/2009 - Last Kiss or Touch for 4 Months

07/21/2009 - Flights Booked For Eric To Come Down Under

10/17/2009 - Eric Arrives In Sydney

10/17/2009 - Eric Proposes -- YAY!

10/22/2009 - Engagement Photo Shoot In Sydney Harbour

11/01/2009 - Eric Flies Back To USA To Begin K1 Process.

12/03/2009 - I 129F FILED

12/07/2009 - NOA1

12/10/2009 - Touched

12/12/2009 - NOA1 Hard Copy Received

03/10/2010 - TOUCHED

03/10/2010 - APPROVED!!!!!

03/17/2010 - NVC Sends Petition to Sydney

03/22/2010 - Sydney Receives Petition

03/23/2010 - Packet 3 Received

03/23/2010 - Packet 3 Returned To Consulate

03/29/2010 - Packet 4 Received

04/06/2010 - Interview

04/06/2010 - APPROVED!!!!

04/08/2010 - Visa In Hand.

04/10/2010 - FLIGHT TO USA!!!

04/19/2010 - SSN received in mail.

06/05/2010 - MARRIED!!!

09/23/2010 - GC Approved!!!

Timeline

Bex, just try and check it ONCE a day :bonk: I know how hard that would be hahahaha

no matter how many times you tell yourself 'once a day'...... when you're work is on a pc, and tracking is so easy, it's near impossible to not keep refreshing it.... Hahaha :bonk: :bonk:

Edited by bextavaz

The Long Wait...

[dd/mm/yy]

USCIS

xx/03/05 - I130 Sent

24/03/05 - NOA1 Received

[many moons later]

12/03/09 - NOA2 Received

NVC

18/05/10 - DS230 Sent

16/06/10 - SIF

CONSULATE

29/06/10 - P4

USA

13/09/2010 - POE @ LAX

07/10/2010 - SSN!

Timeline

Got my CA licence today! Passed the test with no worries at all :)

Terri - Sorry your Mum was being a complete cow. People just don't 'get' it, do they?

In other news - My mum is back home from the hospital, they still don't know exactly what happened but they suspect she had some form of a seizure. Not the kind where you fit, but where your brain just stops sending the right messages and you kind of just blank out. So, she isn't allowed to drive for six months. Not too pleased about that but she is dealing with it.

Married February 20, 2010

Permanent Resident April 22, 2010

Naturalized Citizen January 14, 2014

Proud Dual Citizen of Australia and the USA!

Timeline

It's official.

I cannot wait for the day that I can buy my one way ticket to colorado...

:bonk:

Edited by bextavaz

The Long Wait...

[dd/mm/yy]

USCIS

xx/03/05 - I130 Sent

24/03/05 - NOA1 Received

[many moons later]

12/03/09 - NOA2 Received

NVC

18/05/10 - DS230 Sent

16/06/10 - SIF

CONSULATE

29/06/10 - P4

USA

13/09/2010 - POE @ LAX

07/10/2010 - SSN!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

Hey everyone! :)

My fiance and I are doing the k1 and we're in the middle of packet 3.

I'm filling out the I-134 support affidavit and came to a question that I don't know how to answer.

Question 11.

The "intend" or "not intend" one.

I've been looking for HOURS on the internet!

I've scoured this site and found that putting "N/A (K1 visa process for permanent residence)" might work or clicking "intend" and then writing something after that.

I also have a joint sponsor, if that matters.

It would be awesome if one of you guys that went through it at sydney could tell me what you put! :)

Thanks!

-Clifton

Filed: Country: Australia
Timeline

Hi Terri, I don't post on here much anymore but I felt so sad when I read your post. I totally understand how difficult it is to be away from your kids, as many others on here do too. I know sometimes it feels like out of sight out of mind and the last thing you need is your mum saying such horrible things. You are not a bad mother! Even though my kids are all grown up 20, 22 & 26 years old I had the guilts when I came to live here 4 1/2 years ago and I too used to cry so often because I missed them so. I also have 3 grandchildren....one of which is turning 1 next month and I haven't even seen her yet but my life now is with my husband and it is the choice I made. All my boys gave their blessings when I left Australia and told me the most important thing was for me to be happy but u never stop missing them and being there for them. Just rememeber that you have a wonderful new life ahead of you here and don't let people that don't agree with your decision to move to the USA spoil that for you. I had quite a few family members not happy with my decision to move here and it will eat u up if u let it. Hugs to u,

Sue

Timeline

I'm filling out the I-134 support affidavit and came to a question that I don't know how to answer.

Question 11.

The "intend" or "not intend" one.

I've been looking for HOURS on the internet!

I've scoured this site and found that putting "N/A (K1 visa process for permanent residence)" might work or clicking "intend" and then writing something after that.

I also have a joint sponsor, if that matters.

It would be awesome if one of you guys that went through it at sydney could tell me what you put! :)

My husband (then fiance, the USC) selected "intend" and then wrote this: "I will provide room and board for Vanessa indefinitely. I intend to marry her within 90 days of her arrival to the United States". We had no RFE's and no problems.

Hope that helps :)

Timeline

My husband (then fiance, the USC) selected "intend" and then wrote this: "I will provide room and board for Vanessa indefinitely. I intend to marry her within 90 days of her arrival to the United States". We had no RFE's and no problems.

Hope that helps :)

Thanks you :)

I'm guessing joint-sponsor or not, writing something like that will be fine?

Timeline

Thanks you :)

I'm guessing joint-sponsor or not, writing something like that will be fine?

Oooo joint-sponsor I think clicks "do not intend" because they're only there kinda like a guarantor so if you ever use government funds the government will chase them (as well as your husband) but that your husband is the one supporting you otherwise. Does that makes sense? unless they ARE giving you pocket money or something i would click "do not intend"

Timeline

Oooo joint-sponsor I think clicks "do not intend" because they're only there kinda like a guarantor so if you ever use government funds the government will chase them (as well as your husband) but that your husband is the one supporting you otherwise. Does that makes sense? unless they ARE giving you pocket money or something i would click "do not intend"

Hmm, I would think that, but in my hours of research I saw that when the two sponsors put two different things, it causes trouble with the consulate.

So it was suggested that both put the same thing, whether it be N/A or "I intend"

I was thinking of both of us clicking "I intend" and then I put "to provide full support for the beneficiary, as needed" and my joint sponsor says, "to provide full support to the beneficiary, as necessary"

I'm guessing the question is moot for the K1, so ultimately it doesn't matter, but it seems some have had problems, and I just don't want to make any mistakes :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.