cEzYcHiC

CFO Experience - Cebu

8 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-5 Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello All VJ members!

I'm just gonna share my CFO and SMEF-COW experience today. It was TIRING.. :wacko:

Got at St. Mary's Euphrasia Foundation, Inc around 9:10 AM.

Tel. #: 2353745 - 2353746

Address: 3rd floor Aya-ay Arcade, Mango Ave., Cebu City

Landmark: Across University of San Carlos Boys High (now South Campus)

After registering, I filled out a COW form and prepared requirements. They will also take a digital picture of you inside the office after filling out the form.

NOTE: Requirements vary per visa category.

REQUIREMENTS: ST. MARY'S (K1)

NSO Birth Certificate - Original and photocopy

2 Valid Id's with picture - Original and photocopy

Passport - Original and photocopy (both front and back)

Visa - Original and photocopy (if you already have it)

250 pesos for registration

Black ink pen

Photos with fiance

Seminar started around 10 AM with Sister Marieta Velez.

It's actually a presentation of one of the featured documentaries of Magandang Gabi Bayan by now VP Noli de Castro.

After the presentation, a short discussion about abuses were lectured and what to do when your partner is abusing you.

Then, another COW Staff discussed on what not to bring upon departure and what to do after getting hitched. We were lectured depending of the country we'll be entering. SMEF-COW caters seminar and counseling to Filipinos entering or migrating to almost all countries, I guess.

I was very much surprised that I can't take my replica bags of Chanel and Louis Vuitton. She mentioned that America is anti-imitation and anti-piracy country. Did anybody successfully entered a state using their replica bags or had it at their check-in luggage? Hope you could enlighten me. I feel terribly bad cause some of my bags are replica bags and I don't wanna leave it sa Pinas! Huhu

Moving forth, we ended the seminar by 12:15 PM. Ate lunch and was told to come back at 1PM for the one-on-one interview or counseling. Name was called around 1:45 PM. The counseling went well.

QUESTIONS:

Where did you meet?

When did it started?

How long was the relationship at present time?

His address?

Work and address?

When was his first visit and the following visits that followed?(they wanna know how good memory you have; give out exact dates of visit)

What are your plans upon arrival at the US?

Based on my age (I'm 22), she said I need my parents consent but judging how I gave out my answers, she commented that I am mature for my age and can definitely see that I love my fiance soo much and wished me a happy marriage ahead.

She gave out my blue certificate (and told me to have it photocopied for the CFO office). Paid 5 pesos for the photocopying of my certificate for their records.

Time check-out: 2:20 PM

Travelled to CFO office for my sticker. Its located at the 2nd floor of the DFA-Cebu building.

Got there at around 3PM. Presented requirements.

REQUIREMENTS: CFO STICKER OFFICE (k1)

Passport - Original and photocopy

Visa - Original and photocopy

Blue certificate from SMEF-COW - Original and photocopy

400 pesos Registration Fee

Duly Accomplished CFO Registration Form

Presented my Passport and its photocopy, my blue certificate from SMEF-COW and its photocopy. Then he gave me out a form to fill out.

After filling out the form, name was called to pay the registration fee. He took my passport and told me to wait again. Around 3:45 PM, name was called at the front desk to confirm if I had the right and correct name affixed on my CFO sticker. A few minutes later, CFO sticker was stamped at my passport. He gave me out a form to fill out upon entry to the US and told me to fill it out and send it back again thru mail to the CFO address. He also gave me a handbook about Filipinos migrating to the US. That was IT! Finally, I'm done.

Time check: 4PM

:wow: What a day! I'm glad I'm finally done with this.

SDYlm4.png

-=MY TIMELINE=-

K1 IR-5 (Dad)

01.05.09 - Medical

01.09.09 - Embassy Interview 11.25.13 - Mailed I-130 to Chicago Lockbox

01.17.09 - Visa rec'd 11.26.13 - Packet rec'd

02.03.09 - US Entry (POE: LAX) 11.27.13 - Check cashed

02.18.09 - Wedding 12.01.13 - NOA1 (Transfer to VSC

AOS 01.12.14 - NOA2 (Transfer to NVC)

03.02.09 - Applied for SSN on 2/27;SSN rec'd in mail 02.24.14 - NVC changed # to MNL

03.20.09 - AOS sent to Chicago via USPS 02.27.14 - DS 261 submitted

03.23.09 - AOS Package rec'd @ Chicago 03.04.14 - AOS fee paid; showed paid status on 3/6

07.06.09 - Welcome letter rec'd = FINALLY! 03.10.14 - AOS packet sent

07.09.09 - 10-YR GC rec'd.. odd? 03.12.14 - AOS packet delivered

I-751 03.17.14 - Rec'd IV bill invoice

04.04.11 - Infopass re:10-yr GC 03.18.14 - IV Fee paid; showed paid status on 3/20

04.09.11 - I-751 packet sent to VSC; delivered on 4/11 03.23.14 - DS 260 submitted online

04.22.11 - Check cashed; Rec'd NOA on 4/23 03.28.14 - Rec'd AOS checklist via email

06.27.11 - Rec'd bio appt in the mail:EB 07/08 (walk-in) 03.31.14 - Mailed checklist with corections

12.13.11 - I-751 approved 04.01.14 - Mailed civil documents

12.19.11 - 10-yr GC rec'd 04.03.14 - Civil docs delivered

N-400 04.07.14 - Advance Medical--PASSED!Done in 1 day

04.17.12 - N400 packet sent to TX Lockbox: REJECTED 04.18.14 - False IV checklist rec'd

05.17.12 - N400 resent to Lewisville,TX 04.23.14 - IV checklist re:Qatar PCC

05.23.12 - Check cashed; Rec'd NOA on 5/26 05.05.14 - Qatar PCC sent to NVC

06.01.12 - Rec'd bio appt in the mail:EB 06/11 instead of 6/21 06.05.14 - Case completed

07.09.12 - Rec'd interview letter for 8/14 @ 2PM 07.16.14 - Interview rescheduled due to Typhoon Glenda

08.14.12 - PASSED Interview; awaiting oath letter 07.31.14 - Interview @ USEM: APPROVED

10.01.12 - Rec'd Oath Letter 08.05.14 - Visa on hand

10.12.12 - Oath ceremony! I'm finally a USC! 08.27.14 - POE: LAX

09.08.14 - SSN in mail

09.15.14 - ELIS status changed to OPTIMIZED

09.22.14 - ELIS status CLOSED

09.26.14 - GC received

CFO is a joke.

Yes you can bring your replica LV or Chanel Bag. Suggest you buy Coach, very stylish in USA.

You just can't bring a suitcase full of them.

I had my wife go to CHina Town in PI and pick up Coach Luggage for the trip. She also brought about 6 Coach Bags.

Just pack your bags or purses that are for personal use, Customs in USA doesn't sit there and try to decide if something is real or fake.

If they do ask you a question, just say "They are for personal use"

youregonnalovemynutsf.jpg

"He always start the fire here in VJ thread and I believe all people will agree with me about it"

Claudeth spend the whole day at the CFO place in Cebu back in July of 05. It was very tiring on her and her Mother was there waiting for her. She flew out the next day so had another 22 hour ordeal. :unsure:

usa_fl_sm_nwm.gifphilippines_fl_md_clr.gif

United States & Republic of the Philippines

"Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid." John Wayne

• 3 months later...

Is it true that CFO Cebu only accommodates 15 people a day? Is it also true that you have to register at the guard first? I'm planning to go there tomorrow and I'm just worried if I go there and have to go back, that would mean I would go back on Wednesday for US bound people. I have a one year old kid and I don't have a luxury of time to stay at the CFO from 6AM. Please advise. I'd really appreciate any advice!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
I was very much surprised that I can't take my replica bags of Chanel and Louis Vuitton. She mentioned that America is anti-imitation and anti-piracy country.

There are plenty of places that a person can go here in the states to buy such knock offs, so I really don't think they will be watching you with a single purse.

Working on AOS

• 5 months later...
Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

I know it's a challenge to find anything done twice the same way with government bureaucracy in the Philippines, but I heard from a travel agency that they require a CFO certificate BEFORE applying for a new passport. I've been posting on the Living in Cebu forum about this and the waters have gotten considerably muddy.

Some background: I'm an expat living in Taiwan. I hope to bring my new wife here from Cebu on a spousal visa.

Thanks!

Hello All VJ members!

I'm just gonna share my CFO and SMEF-COW experience today. It was TIRING.. :wacko:

Got at St. Mary's Euphrasia Foundation, Inc around 9:10 AM.

Tel. #: 2353745 - 2353746

Address: 3rd floor Aya-ay Arcade, Mango Ave., Cebu City

Landmark: Across University of San Carlos Boys High (now South Campus)

After registering, I filled out a COW form and prepared requirements. They will also take a digital picture of you inside the office after filling out the form.

NOTE: Requirements vary per visa category.

REQUIREMENTS: ST. MARY'S (K1)

NSO Birth Certificate - Original and photocopy

2 Valid Id's with picture - Original and photocopy

Passport - Original and photocopy (both front and back)

Visa - Original and photocopy (if you already have it)

250 pesos for registration

Black ink pen

Photos with fiance

Seminar started around 10 AM with Sister Marieta Velez.

It's actually a presentation of one of the featured documentaries of Magandang Gabi Bayan by now VP Noli de Castro.

After the presentation, a short discussion about abuses were lectured and what to do when your partner is abusing you.

Then, another COW Staff discussed on what not to bring upon departure and what to do after getting hitched. We were lectured depending of the country we'll be entering. SMEF-COW caters seminar and counseling to Filipinos entering or migrating to almost all countries, I guess.

I was very much surprised that I can't take my replica bags of Chanel and Louis Vuitton. She mentioned that America is anti-imitation and anti-piracy country. Did anybody successfully entered a state using their replica bags or had it at their check-in luggage? Hope you could enlighten me. I feel terribly bad cause some of my bags are replica bags and I don't wanna leave it sa Pinas! Huhu

Moving forth, we ended the seminar by 12:15 PM. Ate lunch and was told to come back at 1PM for the one-on-one interview or counseling. Name was called around 1:45 PM. The counseling went well.

QUESTIONS:

Where did you meet?

When did it started?

How long was the relationship at present time?

His address?

Work and address?

When was his first visit and the following visits that followed?(they wanna know how good memory you have; give out exact dates of visit)

What are your plans upon arrival at the US?

Based on my age (I'm 22), she said I need my parents consent but judging how I gave out my answers, she commented that I am mature for my age and can definitely see that I love my fiance soo much and wished me a happy marriage ahead.

She gave out my blue certificate (and told me to have it photocopied for the CFO office). Paid 5 pesos for the photocopying of my certificate for their records.

Time check-out: 2:20 PM

Travelled to CFO office for my sticker. Its located at the 2nd floor of the DFA-Cebu building.

Got there at around 3PM. Presented requirements.

REQUIREMENTS: CFO STICKER OFFICE (k1)

Passport - Original and photocopy

Visa - Original and photocopy

Blue certificate from SMEF-COW - Original and photocopy

400 pesos Registration Fee

Duly Accomplished CFO Registration Form

Presented my Passport and its photocopy, my blue certificate from SMEF-COW and its photocopy. Then he gave me out a form to fill out.

After filling out the form, name was called to pay the registration fee. He took my passport and told me to wait again. Around 3:45 PM, name was called at the front desk to confirm if I had the right and correct name affixed on my CFO sticker. A few minutes later, CFO sticker was stamped at my passport. He gave me out a form to fill out upon entry to the US and told me to fill it out and send it back again thru mail to the CFO address. He also gave me a handbook about Filipinos migrating to the US. That was IT! Finally, I'm done.

Time check: 4PM

:wow: What a day! I'm glad I'm finally done with this.

If you can avoid a scenario that will cause you in trouble, do it.

What is wrong if you can't bring those replicas, you can have the original one once you get to the US.

Some of the famous brand names are complaining about the rampant imitation and causes them to loss millions of dollars.

Some people might not get in trouble because of the officer assigned at that time might not care.

Do you think the same officer will be there once you arrive in the US?

Dec 15,2009 - Assigned interview date on January 24,2010!!

Jan. 24, 2010 - Interview!! Approved

Jan. 28, 2010 - VISA received

Mar. 03,2010 - POE, New York (JFK)

Apr. 12,2010- CA ID

May 20,2010- CA Driving License

May, 25,2010-Wife told me that she is pregnant ^_^

Jan.25,2011- Our daughter was born

Lee and Jen + Karenza

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.