mrsladyd

K-1 ?'s for Jamaica

9 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hi everyone

I have a few questions.......but you should first know that we are not applying until late January/early February '09 and please forgive me if the info is posted somewhere and I don't see it.

1. Does Jamaica accept co-sponsors? And if so, anyone have experience with it?

2. I don't see anything asking if there will be a co-sponsor on the I-129 or I-134, should the co-sponsor be filling out everything I do or just the I-134?

3. Does the co-sponsor need to be living in my household? Mine will be my mother who does not live with me and my 2 kids, but does live in the same town.

4. At what point would the I-864 be used, or how would I determine that> Will the USCIS or consulate let me know?

5. At this point the only evidence we have is photos with dates, iteineraries, receipts from Jamaica....will that be enough to establish evidence or should we work on getting him an email account now?

6. At what point does the police record and medical exam come in? And how do we get them?

THanks for any and all help.

event.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hey,

Welcome to VJ!

I called you out when you were in the Yardie thread yesterday, but maybe you didn't see my post. You were in the right place and could have posted your questions there. There are a lot of vets there and many of use are currently going through the process right now. I'm one of them.

Here's the guide to the K-1 Process

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...mp;page=k1guide

There's also a FAQ link you can click on from that site that talks about co-sponsors. Jump into the Yardie thread and introduce yourself and I promise you that you won't want to leave. lol

ROC

Filed at Vermont Service Center

ROC Filing date:--------08-02-2011

Express Mail card recd stating package was recd on: 08-03-2011

NOA1 rec'd dated:-------08-04-2011

Check Cashed:-----------08-08-2011

Biometrics Appt scheduled for: ----09-23-2011

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Thanks Sunny

I am not sure what happened when you called me out, I definately didn't see it. Not even sure where I found the yardie thread. Could ya guide me to the right place? Is it the pinned yardie thread that is titled part 6? If so, would I just post another reply within that thread? Or is it somewhere else? I did read the guides and faq section at the top from the main page and did not see answers to my specific questions, not that they are not there- I just didn't see them.

Thanks

event.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Thanks Sunny

I am not sure what happened when you called me out, I definately didn't see it. Not even sure where I found the yardie thread. Could ya guide me to the right place? Is it the pinned yardie thread that is titled part 6? If so, would I just post another reply within that thread? Or is it somewhere else? I did read the guides and faq section at the top from the main page and did not see answers to my specific questions, not that they are not there- I just didn't see them.

Thanks

Yes, you were in the right thread. I think I saw you in there a few minutes ago. lol Most of the vets are on Mon-Fri, so someone will anwser your questions soon. I didn't have to use a co-sponsor, so that's why I can't help but trust me there will be an answer here soon. You can actually just leave this thread open and they will find it. I wanted to you know that there's a Yardie thread (Yes, Part 6) and we are there to help anyone that needs assistance with the process. Jomogirl, Forever Young, Hotlegs, Clairen, Sjb1221, Jengles and Trelawny are a few vets. There are others in there that just went throught the process like Awakening 1, and Tnw. Islandwoman and I are almost there, she has an interview set for Sept 2, and I'm awaiting a date. Stop in and say hi...

Edited by sunnyja21

ROC

Filed at Vermont Service Center

ROC Filing date:--------08-02-2011

Express Mail card recd stating package was recd on: 08-03-2011

NOA1 rec'd dated:-------08-04-2011

Check Cashed:-----------08-08-2011

Biometrics Appt scheduled for: ----09-23-2011

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Hi everyone

I have a few questions.......but you should first know that we are not applying until late January/early February '09 and please forgive me if the info is posted somewhere and I don't see it.

1. Does Jamaica accept co-sponsors? And if so, anyone have experience with it?

2. I don't see anything asking if there will be a co-sponsor on the I-129 or I-134, should the co-sponsor be filling out everything I do or just the I-134?

3. Does the co-sponsor need to be living in my household? Mine will be my mother who does not live with me and my 2 kids, but does live in the same town.

4. At what point would the I-864 be used, or how would I determine that> Will the USCIS or consulate let me know?

5. At this point the only evidence we have is photos with dates, iteineraries, receipts from Jamaica....will that be enough to establish evidence or should we work on getting him an email account now?

6. At what point does the police record and medical exam come in? And how do we get them?

THanks for any and all help.

Hey Mrs;

Good morning and welcome to VJ and this long journey you are about to travel. I am sure if you do not fulfill the requirements to sponsor your SO, you can surely use a co-sponsor and they would fill out the I-134 as well. I can for sure tell you that your co-sponsor does not have to live in the same household as you and does not have to be related to you either. They don't even have to live in the same state. I co-sponsored someone and I am not related to them nor live in the same state as the person who was petitioning or sponsoring him.

In regards to the police record, you should wait until you have at least filed to take care of this because it is only good for one year. The medical exam is done after your petition is approved and send to the Kingston embassy and they send you what is called packet #4 with the interview date and medical instructions. You won't be able to do the medical without the appointment/interview letter.

In the meantime you can have your SO find his immunization records, get his "new" long birth certificate and his non-impediment certificate from the RGD. The non-impediment cert just verifies that your SO is free to marry meaning that he is not currently married on record.

I hope this helps some and you can come back with any more questions you have and I or someone else will try to answer them.

Good luck with this process and see you in the yardie thread. :thumbs:

Edited by clairern

Support "OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE" Help a child go to school

Timeline

I won't answer cause I saw Sunny's reply to you in the other thread.

Just wanted to say welcome and good luck to you.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Filed: Timeline
What is the RGD?

Morning Mrs L;

It's stands for Register General's Department...here's a link hope it works http://www.rgd.gov.jm/.

Tre --

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

6002239865101_1_27247687.jpg (cost of the IMMIGRATION PROCESS)

tep aff a mi name

Timeline
What is the RGD?

You don't need to worry. Say RGD to your SO and he will know what it is and where it is.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.