Team J and B

Is it TRUE?

69 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
In Canada we call them Rockets, and I only remember them at Halloween. What Canadians call Smarties might be found somewhere in the US, but I've never seen them. Just like Marilyn loves to tell us that M&M's are better...I say Smarties are, because you can paint your lips with the red ones! :yes:

and I am not the only one.. :P I remember someone else saying that M&M's are better but I can't remember who now.. lol

smarties350.jpg

Those are rockets!!! :)

yup, but they are called Smarites here in the US....

280757532_244de799a2.jpg

mvSuprise-hug.gif

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I looooooove smarties!!!!!!!!!

I'm buying a whole case at cosco before I go down!

Let's Keep the Song Going!!!

CANADA.GIFUS1.GIF

~Laura and Nicholas~

IMG_1315.jpg

Met online November 2005 playing City of Heroes

First met in Canada, Sept 22, 2006 <3

September 2006 to March 2008, 11 visits, 5 in Canada, 6 in NJ

Officially Engaged December 24th, 2007!!!

Moved to the U.S. to be with my baby on July 19th, 2008 on a K1 visa!!!!

***10 year green card in hand as of 2/2/2012, loving and living life***

Hmmm maybe we should move back to Canada! lol smile.png

Timeline
smarties350.jpg

Those are rockets!!! :)

I love those things but I always thought that this was a rocket. :lol:

ap4-S67-50903HR.jpg

IR5

2007-07-27 – Case complete at NVC waiting on the world or at least MTL.

2007-12-19 - INTERVIEW AT MTL, SPLIT DECISION.

2007-12-24-Mom's I-551 arrives, Pop's still in purgatory (AP)

2008-03-11-AP all done, Pop is approved!!!!

tumblr_lme0c1CoS21qe0eclo1_r6_500.gif

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
In Canada we call them Rockets, and I only remember them at Halloween. What Canadians call Smarties might be found somewhere in the US, but I've never seen them. Just like Marilyn loves to tell us that M&M's are better...I say Smarties are, because you can paint your lips with the red ones! :yes:

and I am not the only one.. :P I remember someone else saying that M&M's are better but I can't remember who now.. lol

I think it was me, saying that peanut butter M&Ms trump all! :thumbs:

I used to enjoy Smarties, but the coating has gotten so thick, it's more shell than chocolate. :(

*Cheryl -- Nova Scotia ....... Jerry -- Oklahoma*

Jan 17, 2014 N-400 submitted

Jan 27, 2014 NOA received and cheque cashed

Feb 13, 2014 Biometrics scheduled

Nov 7, 2014 NOA received and interview scheduled

MAY IS NATIONAL STROKE AWARENESS MONTH
Educate Yourself on the Warning Signs of Stroke -- talk to me, I am a survivor!

"Life is as the little shadow that runs across the grass and loses itself in the sunset" ---Crowfoot

The true measure of a society is how those who have treat those who don't.

Timeline

I think it was me, saying that peanut butter M&Ms trump all! :thumbs:

I used to enjoy Smarties, but the coating has gotten so thick, it's more shell than chocolate. :(

.. i think it was warlord or something...

i liked Smarties has a kid but as I got older they just seemed to sweet for my liking...

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Mmmm...last time I was in Winnipeg Dennis sent me home with like two pounds of Smarties. I just ran out over the weekend. :(

See my timeline for my K-1 and AOS/EAD/AP details.

ROC

April 1, 2011-Packet sent, back to the grind!

April 2, 2011-USPS confirms delivery to CSC

April 18, 2011-Received biometrics letter

May 5, 2011-Biometrics appointment, quick and easy

June 16, 2011-Card production ordered!

June 24, 2011-Card received

CRW_7744web-1-1.jpg

My wonderful little family: Dennis, Andrea, and Malcolm

Timeline

B)-->

QUOTE(Team J and B @ Jun 4 2008, 01:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I have browsed the candy aisles of a few places, and I've noticed there's no Smarties!

Is it true? I thought I read another thread where someone casually mentioned lack of ketchup chips (I know that) and Smarties in this country.

No! Yes? No! Oh noes, where can I find?

On that note, no Centrum Materna here either! What da? There's every other Centrum in every store except Materna! What da?!

There's a place in the Greater Los Angeles area that sells Smarties, Coffee Crisp and other Canadian delicacies to ex-pat Canucks. I wish I could remember the name of the place but I'm sure someone here knows of it. I do know of someone who came to Toronto on vacation (to see the HHOF, huge hockey fan) and got hooked on Coffee Crisp. :lol: I took a box to him last time I visited Wyoming along with a DVD collection of the 1972 Canada-USSR Summit Series.

IR5

2007-07-27 – Case complete at NVC waiting on the world or at least MTL.

2007-12-19 - INTERVIEW AT MTL, SPLIT DECISION.

2007-12-24-Mom's I-551 arrives, Pop's still in purgatory (AP)

2008-03-11-AP all done, Pop is approved!!!!

tumblr_lme0c1CoS21qe0eclo1_r6_500.gif

Timeline

I have seen coffer crisps down here at the Dollar Tree store.. well at least they used to have them.. the last couple of times I have been there I haven't seen them... but I still miss the Mr Big Bars.. :(

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

How about Sixlets? Is there a Canadian version of these? I haven't ever had Canadian Smarties (don't like US smarties) but possibly

are Sixlets anything like em?

And how the heck do you post an image?? I keep trying and all I get is the text when I preview my post.

3/5/11 sent LOC paperwork

3/9/11 date of NOA

?/?/?? biometrics appointment

Timeline
How about Sixlets? Is there a Canadian version of these? I haven't ever had Canadian Smarties (don't like US smarties) but possibly

are Sixlets anything like em?

And how the heck do you post an image?? I keep trying and all I get is the text when I preview my post.

you need to use photobucket or image shack..

yeah Sixlets seem to be similar.. never heard of them before though...

1574332611_2e5c2fa68d_m.jpg

These tiny candy-coated chocolate balls are smaller than M&Ms with a bit less chocolate taste. The cocoa-carob recipe lends to a malted milk ball flavor. You’ll find these plastic-wrapped candy tubes in grocery store aisles, convenience stores, and dollar stores, but they are fairly difficult to find in some states. They come in autumn colors: red, yellow, green, orange, and brown. Different flavors are slightly distinguishable from the candy shells, but the orange one has the strongest flavor. The others taste mostly like sugar, with thicker candy shells than M&Ms. And though some candies claim to melt in your mouth (not in your hand), Sixlets definitely will melt in your hand.

http://www.candy.org/2007/04/19/sixlets/

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
Flames do tell if you have seen them anywhere in the area cause it is worth a few hour drive to get some, perhaps when I finally make a trip to Ikea lol.

K-1 journey, AOS/EAD and ROC in my timeline

2011 March 31 - Sent off Naturalization pkg overnight to Texas

2011 April 1 - Arrived in Texas at 10:21 am

2011 April 1 - NOA (rec'd via snail mail April 8)

2011 April 7 - Cheque cashed

2011 May 5 - Biometrics (letter rec'd via snail mail April 15)

2011 May 9 - Placed in line for interview scheduling

2011 June 13 - Rec'd yellow letter (no change in status online)

2011 June 23 - Rec'd text that my case has been scheduled for interview

2011 August 1 - Interview (rec'd via snail mail June 27) PASSED

2011 August 3 - Rec'd email that my case has been scheduled for Oath

2011 September 1 - Oath ceremony (rec'd snail mail Aug 5)

2011 September 1 - All done, yeah.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

On the Smarties thing again (Didn't I post it in another thread just recently?). Anyways check to see if there's any British import grocery stores around in your area. They probably will have them since Smarties are a British candy (Like Mars Bars, Aero etc.) that Canada adopted and are the same things. I know we have a British place around here that has a number of British foods and stuff. Not sure about Smarties as I personally couldn't stand them, but there's a place to try...

Edited by warlord

I'm just a wanderer in the desert winds...

Timeline

Oct - Job offer in US

Nov - Received my TN-1 to be authorized to work in the US

Nov - Moved to US

1998-2001

Recieved 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th TN

May - Met future wife at arts fest

Nov - Recieved 6th TN

Nov - Recieved 7th TN

Jul - Our Wedding

Aug - Filed for AOS

Sep - Recieved EAD

Sep - Recieved Advanced Parole

Jan - Interview, accepted for Green Card

Feb - Green Card Arrived in mail

Oct - I-751 sent off

Jan - 10 year Green Card accepted

Mar - 10 year Green Card arrived

Oct - Filed N-400 for Naturalization

Nov - Biometrics done

Nov - Just recieved Naturalization Interview date for Jan.

Jan - Naturalization Interview Completed

Feb - Oath Letter recieved

Feb - Oath Ceremony

Feb 21 - Finally a US CITIZEN (yay)

THE END

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Yes yes, those are Rockets and we only get them on Halloween!

I can't believe Smarties is considered rare species and I'd have to find in a British grocer, not 2 for $1 at Safeway! Next you're going to tell me Coffee Crisp is also non-American. Oh wait, someone did!

How about Skor? And Crunchie? Or am I doomed to Snickers and Butterfinger and whatever else I consider subpar chocolate bars here? No offense to anyone who likes Snickers and Butterfinger. I'm just ranting.

And I can't believe when I finally get AP hopefully by October is the first time I will be able to enjoy a Smarties at regular price!

What kind of country is this? Quel pays! Mon dieu.

Timeline

they do have skor bars down here

Crunchie is widely available in the United Kingdom, India, Australia, New Zealand, South Africa, Ireland and Canada. It is imported in other countries, including the United States of America, Malaysia, Singapore, Philippines, and Hong Kong

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crunchie

Canadian expatriates to the United States have long lamented the bar's relative unavailability outside of Canada. As of September 2006, Nestle USA has begun distributing Coffee Crisp as one of their permanent candy bars in their stable of brands.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coffee_Crisp

I have seen them on occasion at the Dollar Tree store...

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline
I have seen coffer crisps down here at the Dollar Tree store.. well at least they used to have them.. the last couple of times I have been there I haven't seen them... but I still miss the Mr Big Bars.. :(

I mentioned the Dollar Tree possibly having Coffee Crisps...apparently they haven't made their way down here. Neither have the Smarties (choccie ones) nor Aero, nor any of the other delectables. NOT EVEN a Timmy's! *slaps forehead in absolute frustration*

BTW, we did find a Skor bar down here...Joel was so excited, bless his heart.

We do plan on shipping a bunch of stuff home to ourselves while we're home next month. :D

Edited by KarenCee

Teaching is the essential profession...the one that makes ALL other professions possible - David Haselkorn

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.