sueandbarry

Read This: YOU WILL NEED A Police Certificate (Subject Access) if you have had ANY Criminal Offenses, No matter HOW small or spent!!!!

27 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline

Hi Everybody,

Sue here. My fiance, Barry, is a UK citizen but has lived in Sweden for the last 23 years. He sent off for the ACPO, ( 35 pounds, 10 days) it came back, has NO LIVE Trace, which means there are SPENT charges, so now he has to ALSO send off for the Subject Access to the UK, and THIS costs just a bargain 10 pounds, but takes 40 days to process!.... :bonk:

So If any of you out there think that the ACPO is the ONLY thing you need, you are Wrong Wrong wrong! You will need BOTH!!!!! You have to ALSO get copies of court records.....so b aware!!!

His 'criminal offenses" include library fines from when he was in his 20's...no convictions, no jail, just a fine, if you have anything more than a traffic ticket, so will YOU NEED this Subject Access, so just send for it NOW.

We had our wedding planned for August 2nd, now I hope he might get here just in time for the ceremony!!!!!

We sent in our I-129K in July of 2007-------this has been the longest year of my life!!!!!!!!!

Anybody else out there puting up with anything like this?

Sue, Northern CA :crying:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
Hi Everybody,

Sue here. My fiance, Barry, is a UK citizen but has lived in Sweden for the last 23 years. He sent off for the ACPO, ( 35 pounds, 10 days) it came back, has NO LIVE Trace, which means there are SPENT charges, so now he has to ALSO send off for the Subject Access to the UK, and THIS costs just a bargain 10 pounds, but takes 40 days to process!.... :bonk:

So If any of you out there think that the ACPO is the ONLY thing you need, you are Wrong Wrong wrong! You will need BOTH!!!!! You have to ALSO get copies of court records.....so b aware!!!

His 'criminal offenses" include library fines from when he was in his 20's...no convictions, no jail, just a fine, if you have anything more than a traffic ticket, so will YOU NEED this Subject Access, so just send for it NOW.

We had our wedding planned for August 2nd, now I hope he might get here just in time for the ceremony!!!!!

We sent in our I-129K in July of 2007-------this has been the longest year of my life!!!!!!!!!

Anybody else out there puting up with anything like this?

Sue, Northern CA :crying:

I have just had my interview and Im sure my police certificate said no live trace, and they did not ask for anything else, they approved my visa.

Sal and Jay

K1 - Complete
AOS - Complete
EAD - Complete
AP - Complete
ROC - Complete

N400-Complete

I am a United States citizen!

Timeline

Damian's interview was the beginning of the month and his said no live track and he was approved too. no problems at all.

flag45.gif Damian & Kelly 1502.gif

Rugby, England >> Harrisburg, PA.

Summer 2005 -- Met on Pokerstars.com

June 15th, 2006 -- Met in Person

Feb 1st, 2008 -- Filed I-129F

May 2nd, 2008 -- Visa Interview = Approved. (91days)

May 27th, 2008 -- Damian moves to America!

July 23rd - 30th, 2008 -- Damian's Mum Comes to the US for our wedding.

July 25th, 2008 -- Wedding Day!

March 16th, 2009 -- AOS Sent

May 8th, 2009 -- EAD & AP Approved (51days)

July 14th, 2009 -- AOS Approved!! (118days)

July 21st, 2009 -- Green Card Received (125days)

No RFEs the whole process :) All done myself.

December 4th - 30th, 2009 -- Visited England

April 8th - 30th, 2010 -- Damian's Brother visits us here in PA.

January 19th, 2010 -- Damian got his PA license.

December 10th - 19th, 2010 -- Visited England

September 16th - 30th, 2011 -- Damian's Parents came to visit us here in PA.

June 1st, 2011 -- Mailed ROC to Vermont.

February 21st, 2012 -- 10 Year Green Card Received

April 14th, 2012 -- N-400 Sent to Dallas Lockbox

November 26th, 2012 – Damian Became a US Citizen!!!

Timeline
Damian's interview was the beginning of the month and his said no live track and he was approved too. no problems at all.

Damian and Kelly,

My Fiance e-mailed the Immigration officer at the Us Embassy in Sweden. That guy said ABSOLUTley we HAD TO HAVE ALL records concerning this. He said Barry would NOT BE Processed if he did not have all of his Subjects Access and court records. This was also so stated on the forms the Embassy sent him!!!! So Whatever!!!! (CALifornnia slang here, sorry)

So, do you think maybe we should wing it and give it a shot, and see if anybody retches and makes us start over? Barry just sent off for the Subject Access. Waiting another 40 days is disgisting to us.

On the London Embassy site it also says that if you have a No Live Trace that the interview will take longer, and you may be asked to come back again, and that you also had to apply for an extra form.....so none of that happened to you?

Thanks for the post, guys! Barry and I are just so far apart and have not seen each other since last August!!!!! :whistle::whistle::star:

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: England
Timeline
What London will do with a British police report may be very different than what the Swedish consulate will do.

Follow the instructions for your consulate.

A+++ advice RJ! You took the words away from my fingertips!!!

Timeline

hey Everybody, Thanks for writing In!

I Am concerned about those of you who have checked the Box that indicates that you ARE NOT a criminal, but have in fact also received a No Live Trace, and that you think you have therefore Nothing to worry about...think again!

If you check the box Yes, and then are honest, you will have to provide the Subject Access from the UK from the national Police Computer.

It will not take them long to review the paperwork and discer that they may have made a mistake!

I plan on NOT being one that will need to AUDIT AFTER!!

So, this is a warning, so better to be right than Fright!

Damian,

Did you check the box on the 156K that asked you if you have comitted a crime? IF youchecked No, and it came back as No Live Trace, I am surprised that no one caught it.

SO, DID YOU CHECK YES OR NO? If you checked yes, and were truthful, and they still let you in with No Live Trace AND no further Subject Access forms, you were lucky.........

It says that if you omot anything, and they discover it later, then you are sunk!!

So, I will wait for the rest of the Forms and be safe rather than be sorry later after Barry gets here and then they discover their mistake!

And they do check, all the time!

hopefully you guys did not fals :dance::devil::whistle: ify anything and you will be ok!

Sue and Barry

Timeline

NO LIVE TRACE

MEANS

THAT YOU HAVE CRIMINAL CONVICTIONS!!!!!!

IF YOU DO NOT CHECK THE BOX ON 156k THAT YOU HAVE THESE CONVICTIONS, THE FACT THAT YOU GOT YOUR INTERVIEW AND GOT YOUR VISA ONLY MEASN THAT THE CONSULATE DID NOT CHECK YOUR APPLICATION THOUROGHLY!!

OOPS!

SUE :innocent:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I ticked the box no criminal past as this is the case, as I suspect did most of us being totally honest.

I have my ACPO certificate with the real gross picture of me :lol: in front of me right now.

It clearly states 'No Trace!'

Does that mean that if a person certificate comes back with No Live Trace that they have a criminal past? :blink:

Surely the filer knows that a police check will pick up anything they have done previously? :whistle:

Timeline
I ticked the box no criminal past as this is the case, as I suspect did most of us being totally honest.

I have my ACPO certificate with the real gross picture of me :lol: in front of me right now.

Does that mean that if a person certificate comes back with No Live Trace that they have a criminal past? :blink:

Surely the filer knows that a police check will pick up anything they have done previously? :whistle:

NO TRACE IS NOT THE SAME AS NO LIVE TRACE...

NO, YOU ARE NOT A RIMINAL

NO TRACE MEASN THEY HAVE NOTING ON YOU

NO LIVE TRACE MEANS THAT YOU HAVE CONVICTIONS, AND THEY ARE SPENT, OR IN OTHER WORDS, TIME HAS PASSED AND THEY ARE

NO DOWNGRADED

BUT YOU ARE OK!!!!

Timeline

NO LIVE TRACE MEANS THAT YOU HAVE CONVICTIONS, AND THEY ARE SPENT, OR IN OTHER WORDS, TIME HAS PASSED AND THEY ARE

NO DOWNGRADED

BUT YOU ARE OK!!!!

There's no need to shout.

Timeline

NO DOWNGRADED

BUT YOU ARE OK!!!!

There's no need to shout.

i do not shout i am just excited!!!!

also at work and my caps lock locked!!!!!

no offense meant

Timeline

NO DOWNGRADED

BUT YOU ARE OK!!!!

OK this is what happens with a "No live trace"

Even though convictions are not listed on the police certificate, have been downgraded or spent, the consular official dealing with your application is advised automaticaly to pass the information that a "No live trace" certificate is on file to the London Fraud Prevention Manager. This is done in every case. The Fraud prevention Manager's office usualy does a quick check to see if there are any convictions which could carry a prison sentence of five years or over or crimes involving "moral terpitude" such as prostitution etc.

The London Fraud prevention Manager's Office can sometimes temporarily pass an application which has a "No live trace" where the convictions are of a minor nature due to their workload, but will review it again later. This is where they will also look at the whole of the application again for discrepancies.

If you have witheld information on any of the immigration forms by not crossing a box or by any other form of omision it is a FEDERAL offence and a felony. The authorities DO take this seriously and if you have witheld any information you will be charged. Usualy people witholding information are caught out when applying for their "green card" as all is checked again especialy employment records, criminal records and marriages and divorces.

If by this time you are in the USA, you will be arrested and possibly deported as it is a felony even if you are married.

You will find that it is better to be honest and declare everything possible rather than have the very real threat of arrest in the back of your mind all of the time.

The US consular officials are not there to give you a hard time, but to check that the information which you give them is of a truthful nature. Contrary to poular belief they will not refuse your visa becuase you have a crminal record listing only minor offences.

I'm just surprised the consular has requested you get a Subject Access as well as your ACPO...it won't show show any more information than what you have already with the ACPO...He should just be able to get his court records which won't take anything like 40 days.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.