Krikit

What's For Dinner?

5,101 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Those scones sound good - I will have to give them a try

Dinner tonight was "Cajun" sauced fish (from the frozen food section in the grocery store, hehehe), boiled baby potatoes, spinach and Joe's spiced coffee. We add cardamom and cloves to the grinder with the coffee beans - it makes wonderful coffee!

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: Timeline
Ok scones are in the oven! No cheese or spinach, but I'm just happy I managed to make them weeeeeeeee

Whoa. I am ENTIRELY impressed that you managed to make scones in an empty house. You have my deepest admiration. post-21394-1207099456.gif

Dinner tonight was "Cajun" sauced fish (from the frozen food section in the grocery store, hehehe), boiled baby potatoes, spinach and Joe's spiced coffee. We add cardamom and cloves to the grinder with the coffee beans - it makes wonderful coffee!

Wow. That spiced coffee sounds good. What a wonderful idea! I will have to give that a try sometime!

iagree.gif

Last nights supper was very nice. The bacon/spinach muffins I thought were tasty too. Might be nice for breakfast, although I can't eat right now, still too early! The fish was delicious. I love my George Foreman Grill.

I might make zuchhinni sausage squares tonight. I have some young yellow squash as well, so might make a zuchinni squash square instead!

carlahmsb4.gif

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
I'm thinking sea scallops and shrimp over spinach salad with the leftover mango salsa.

Sounds yummier then what I'm making. I need to eat more spinach though. I'm probably making me my cajun octopus over wild rice, though I'm really low on octopus and the oriental store I get them at is kind of far away. Wife is getting garlic lemon salmon with wild rice I think...

I'm just a wanderer in the desert winds...

Timeline

Oct - Job offer in US

Nov - Received my TN-1 to be authorized to work in the US

Nov - Moved to US

1998-2001

Recieved 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th TN

May - Met future wife at arts fest

Nov - Recieved 6th TN

Nov - Recieved 7th TN

Jul - Our Wedding

Aug - Filed for AOS

Sep - Recieved EAD

Sep - Recieved Advanced Parole

Jan - Interview, accepted for Green Card

Feb - Green Card Arrived in mail

Oct - I-751 sent off

Jan - 10 year Green Card accepted

Mar - 10 year Green Card arrived

Oct - Filed N-400 for Naturalization

Nov - Biometrics done

Nov - Just recieved Naturalization Interview date for Jan.

Jan - Naturalization Interview Completed

Feb - Oath Letter recieved

Feb - Oath Ceremony

Feb 21 - Finally a US CITIZEN (yay)

THE END

I'm thinking sea scallops and shrimp over spinach salad with the leftover mango salsa.

Sounds yummier then what I'm making. I need to eat more spinach though. I'm probably making me my cajun octopus over wild rice, though I'm really low on octopus and the oriental store I get them at is kind of far away. Wife is getting garlic lemon salmon with wild rice I think...

Mmmm. Yum. Sounds like you live in an area like I do.... have to drive miles to get your ingredients. I wish I could find some good ethnic stores in the area. There are a ton of Mexican grocers, but I don't like Mexican food so I don't need those ingredients. :( I really do need to win the lottery so I can open my own market.

iagree.gif

Everyone's dinners sound yummy ... can you ship leftovers to me? :lol:

I am getting home late tonight so hubby will probably eat junk food and be in heaven. I think I will have leftover spaghetti from last night.

My little burst of cooking energy and inspiration has again faded. Now all I want to do is get into bed as soon as I get home from work and veg!!!

2e020152f8374f4fbd9014e3cc2c05fe.jpg

catcatadb20080508_-7_My%20child%20is.png

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

I made the ravioli lasagna bake thingy that someone suggested and it was great! I added extra sprinkles of Italian herbs and Parmesan cheese and it was very tasty :thumbs: Next I am gonna try the naked chicken thingy :)

*Cheryl -- Nova Scotia ....... Jerry -- Oklahoma*

Jan 17, 2014 N-400 submitted

Jan 27, 2014 NOA received and cheque cashed

Feb 13, 2014 Biometrics scheduled

Nov 7, 2014 NOA received and interview scheduled

MAY IS NATIONAL STROKE AWARENESS MONTH
Educate Yourself on the Warning Signs of Stroke -- talk to me, I am a survivor!

"Life is as the little shadow that runs across the grass and loses itself in the sunset" ---Crowfoot

The true measure of a society is how those who have treat those who don't.

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

dang, having hubby working part time has totally screwed up my schedule...

now I have to make dinner for lunch and lunch for dinner ...lol

today for dinner/lunch we had steamed rice some yummy frozen Van De Kamp beer-battered fish sticks and homemade tartar sauce and some corn... it was pretty good :thumbs:

for lunch/dinner we will probably have some canned soup and sandwiches or something...

I made the ravioli lasagna bake thingy that someone suggested and it was great! I added extra sprinkles of Italian herbs and Parmesan cheese and it was very tasty :thumbs: Next I am gonna try the naked chicken thingy :)

is there a recipe for it in here somewhere.. sounds like something I would like to make one day....

mvSuprise-hug.gif

I made the ravioli lasagna bake thingy that someone

is there a recipe for it in here somewhere.. sounds like something I would like to make one day....

It's the one where you put fresh or frozen raviolis or stuffed manicotti or tortellini into a baking dish, put spaghetti sauce over top, cover with mozzarella and parmesan (if you like) and bake in the oven.

Our sea scallops were amazing. :)

Edited by Krikit
iagree.gif

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

I'm going to have quinoa with steamed vegies. Like always. Then for dessert a baked sweet potato. Yes, I eat boringly when I cook at home. When I dine out it all balances out.

Cooking for one is quite boring!

B)-->

QUOTE(Team J and B @ Apr 2 2008, 08:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm going to have quinoa with steamed vegies. Like always. Then for dessert a baked sweet potato. Yes, I eat boringly when I cook at home. When I dine out it all balances out.

Cooking for one is quite boring!

I had to google quinoa. I had no idea what that was. Basically, it sounds like a grain?

iagree.gif

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Yes, it's a grain. A "staple" if you may. Like rice! It's better than any white rice and better than brown rice I believe. I started eating it daily since my detox. Still crave processed carbs but really, breads and pastas are $hit on your system. So I make a bunch of quinoa and keep them in a Tupperware in the fridge and dole out a cup for dinner every night. Sometimes I'm a keener and have it for lunch, too. Eat it just like you would eat rice: with vegies, with sauces drizzled over it, or mix it in salads and throw in some coldwater shrimp and pour in some lime vinaigrette dressing.

Quinoa is low fat, high protein and fiber. I've cut out rice (which I lurve) and replaced with quinoa whenever possible.

Try it, Krikit! You'll love it!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.