Zee Bee

Medical in Accra

29 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline
Zainab, I definately think your soon to be husband could use your medical insurance, to do the left over vaccinations, once he gets here and you add him to your insurance. I would have done that but I did not add my husband to my insurance at my job, due to the very high costs! He has to get it as his job, which he is refusing to do, because he says he's not sick. He just doesn't get it, oh well, maybe he'll wish he had it when he does get sick.

I think thats a great idea for Bassi to try to use his medical insurance for all the exams. I hope he is able to make use of it before he leaves.

Oh my gosh, I think that's something Bassi would say. But I already have a family plan for my daughter and I work for the government so you pay one fee for one extra person or 10 extra people. It's no cost to add him to my health insurance.

He's planning to ask if he can use it. I'm not sure what they will say cause everyone wants money.

Edited by Bassi and Zainab

GHANA.GIFBassi and Zainab US1.GIF

I-129F Sent: 6-18-2007

Interview date: 6-24-2008

Pick up Visa: 6-27-2008

Arrive JFK POE: 7-2-2008

Marriage: 7-9-2008

AOS

mailed AOS, EAD, AP: 8-22-2008

NOA AOS, EAD, AP: 8-27-2008

Biometrics: 9-18-2008

AOS Transferred to CSC: 9-25-2008

Requested EAD Expedite: 11-12-2008

EAD Card production ordered: 11-12-2008 changed to 11/17/2008 Why? (I hope it doesn't change every week!)

Received AP: 11/17/2008

Received EAD: 11/22/08 (Praise God!!)

AOS RFE: 1/29/2009

AOS Approved: 3/24/2009

Called USCIS 4/1/2009 told no status change and case not yet reviewed from RFE request.

Received green card: 4/3/2009

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline
here zee http://www.cdc.gov/ncidod/dq/pdf/ti-03/appdx-a_693vacc.pdf

If that doesn't work, go to USCIS website, click on the immigration forms, look for I-693, open that up. After you click on that, in the top right will be this

Related links:

I-693 Vaccination Supplement

Find a Civil Surgeons

go to the vacc. supp. that will bring you to I-693A form. In case you are going to use it.

Thanks Lisa! I will definitely forward this to my fiance :)

Mama to 2 beautiful boys (August 2011 and January 2015)

Click for full timeline

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Ghana
Timeline

Your welcome, anytime I can help.! :)

by the way we just found out my husband was approved today for his AOS. That was quick and we had no interview :dance:

Timeline

Your welcome, anytime I can help.! :)

by the way we just found out my husband was approved today for his AOS. That was quick and we had no interview :dance:

yay!!!

Congratulations!!!

Click for full timeline

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline
Hey everyone :) I just wanted to share my fiance's experience going for the medical in Accra.

We decided to do the Holy Trinity/Akai House/Medlabs combination because it is much cheaper than the Akai House/Medlabs combination.

He went and took them on Thursday, Decemebr 27 and he got them back today...so about a 2 week turnaround to get the results. Note: my fiance has not gotten the vaccinations done yet.

Also, there is a nurse at Holy Trinity, Mr. Ray, who was VERY helpful. He is very knowledgeable about all this medical stuff for immigration and was soooooo super nice to my fiance. Make sure when your SO goes to Holy Trinity to have them ask for him.

Holy Trinity:

- Physical and Chest X-ray

- he was there for 4 hours (10am-2pm)

- cost: 56 Ghana cedis

- no appointment necessary

This is what they wanted from him:

- 3 passport size photos

- interview appointment letter from the embassy

- passport

- medical form that was sent from the embassy

- letter from embassy (basically for the ACC case number but they wanted to see the actual letter)

Apparently they have an area specifically for medicals for US immigration. It is located on the 3rd floor (or second floor in Ghana).

The first thing they did was take his blood pressure, height, weight and pulse and then he went for the eye exam.

Then he went and paid. The receptionist took the medical form that he got from the US embassy and put the passport pictures on them (1 for the doctor's report, one for the lab and one for the X-ray).

He went to the lab and they took his temperature and a stool sample.

Then he went and did the chest X-ray.

Then he had the physical with the doctor.

Then the receptionist gave him forms to take to Akai House (for the vaccinations) and Medlabs (HIV test).

Medlabs:

- HIV test

- he was there for an hour and a half

- cost: 50 Ghana cedis

- no appointment necessary but there are long lines

He gave in the forms to the receptionist and because there was a long line he went had lunch and returned. 30 minutes after he returned he went, they took blood (he said they took a lot of blood) and that was it.

Medlabs sends the results back to Holy Trinity after they are processed and you pick them up together.

Thanks for the detailed and thorough information.

Timeline

Great news! Congrats!

I've heard quite a few people say they were approved for AOS without an interview. I hope the trend continues....

AOS

EAD Card production ordered: 11-12-2008 changed to 11/17/2008 Why? (I hope it doesn't change every week!)

Called USCIS 4/1/2009 told no status change and case not yet reviewed from RFE request.

• 1 month later...
Timeline

Update:

Akai House:

- Vaccinations

- Cost: 169 Ghana Cedis ( and then 13 Ghana Cedis each for 2 subsequesnt visits).

So, my fiance finally gave in and went for his first round of vaccinations on Tuesday. He went to Akai House and they gave him 5 vaccinations and the polio drops (I think that is what it was, he could not/did not want to remember the ordeal). He had to take one of the forms he got from Holy Trinity with him for them to fill out. It was painless (except for the needles).

He said that they give out a vaccination card so I guess that is what is used for AOS stateside. I read the I-693A and I think the reason they will not fill it out is because it has to be completed by a US civil surgeon. So, I didn't send it with him because I drilled into his head that he had better get a record of the vaccinations or else he would have to go through all that again.

He has to go back for another shot in a month and then another one after that which is going to be after the interview. He explained this to the people at Akai House and so they gave him the sealed envelope with the vaccination sheet saying he had all of them so that he could take it to the interview but he has to actually get the shots in order to get his vaccination card complete.

One thing. After he got the shots he got a fever (I am not surprised). So make sure that your SO takes the day off. He was back to normal the next day....even though he keeps complaining about it. He couldn't even tell me what vaccinations he got. When I asked he said "Do you think I was going to sit there and ask what they were going to jab me with? I just wanted to get out of there as quickly as I could". Poor thing :lol:

Click for full timeline

Filed: Country: Senegal
Timeline

They would need the DS-3025 supplemental worksheet signed and filled out and signed by the panel physician at the medical, this then gets transfered by a Civil Surgeon here.

There are instructions for the panel physician to give the applicant a copy of the DS-3025 but most don't get it. Ask for it.

The CS in Texas:

Dr. L.E. Arnold

4534 Westgate Blv, Suite 106

Austin, TX 78745

512-444-3131 phone

512-447-4699 fax

cost $ 10.

Though some get by without this supplemental form, some get a RFE by not submitting it with the AOS packet.

Timeline
Update:

Akai House:

- Vaccinations

- Cost: 169 Ghana Cedis ( and then 13 Ghana Cedis each for 2 subsequesnt visits).

So, my fiance finally gave in and went for his first round of vaccinations on Tuesday. He went to Akai House and they gave him 5 vaccinations and the polio drops (I think that is what it was, he could not/did not want to remember the ordeal). He had to take one of the forms he got from Holy Trinity with him for them to fill out. It was painless (except for the needles).

He said that they give out a vaccination card so I guess that is what is used for AOS stateside. I read the I-693A and I think the reason they will not fill it out is because it has to be completed by a US civil surgeon. So, I didn't send it with him because I drilled into his head that he had better get a record of the vaccinations or else he would have to go through all that again.

He has to go back for another shot in a month and then another one after that which is going to be after the interview. He explained this to the people at Akai House and so they gave him the sealed envelope with the vaccination sheet saying he had all of them so that he could take it to the interview but he has to actually get the shots in order to get his vaccination card complete.

One thing. After he got the shots he got a fever (I am not surprised). So make sure that your SO takes the day off. He was back to normal the next day....even though he keeps complaining about it. He couldn't even tell me what vaccinations he got. When I asked he said "Do you think I was going to sit there and ask what they were going to jab me with? I just wanted to get out of there as quickly as I could". Poor thing :lol:

Thanks for the update. Very useful information for when we finally get to that stage. Maybe I'll tell Bassi to take some tylenol when he gets the shots. That's what I do with my daughter when she gets her vaccinations and she doesn't get a fever.

AOS

Timeline
They would need the DS-3025 supplemental worksheet signed and filled out and signed by the panel physician at the medical, this then gets transfered by a Civil Surgeon here.

There are instructions for the panel physician to give the applicant a copy of the DS-3025 but most don't get it. Ask for it.

The CS in Texas:

Dr. L.E. Arnold

Austin, TX 78745

512-444-3131 phone

512-447-4699 fax

cost $ 10.

Though some get by without this supplemental form, some get a RFE by not submitting it with the AOS packet.

Thanks Omoba. I need to ask and make sure this is what he got.

Click for full timeline

Timeline

The CS in Texas:

Dr. L.E. Arnold

Austin, TX 78745

512-444-3131 phone

512-447-4699 fax

cost $ 10.

Is the panel physician the person they are seeing in Ghana before the interview? Sorry to be so dense.

AOS

Timeline

The CS in Texas:

Dr. L.E. Arnold

Austin, TX 78745

512-444-3131 phone

512-447-4699 fax

cost $ 10.

Is the panel physician the person they are seeing in Ghana before the interview? Sorry to be so dense.

:yes:

Click for full timeline

Filed: Country: Senegal
Timeline

The CS in Texas:

Dr. L.E. Arnold

Austin, TX 78745

512-444-3131 phone

512-447-4699 fax

cost $ 10.

Yes, the panel doc is the one they see before the interview at the medical.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.