ScottNelyn

Service Center Wage Cuts

23 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Sunday, 02 December 2007

ST. ALBANS CITY— Approximately 200 of the 400 employees at the Citizenship and Immigration Services service center in St. Albans will arrive at work on Monday, sit down at their desk, do the same job they did on Friday, and be paid $1.70 less an our for their work. Until Friday the service center was managed by a group of companies under the umbrella name of Services Center Operating Team (SCOT), including SI International. On Monday, Stanley Associates will take over management of two of the nation’s service centers in Vermont and California. SI International will become the prime contractor at the other two service centers in Nebraska and Texas.

http://www.samessenger.com/index.php?optio...iew&id=2105

Edited by ScottNelyn

March 31, 2207 Met online

Fell in Love March 31, 2007

May 5, 2007 We become gf and bf

August 14, 2007 Met in Person at Ninoy Airport

September 5, 2007 Our Engagement

October 02, 2007 I miss him again he comeback to US

October 19, 2007 Filed K-1 Petition

October 24, 2007 We received NOA1

November 05, 2007 First touch

February 14, 2008 We received our NOA2 by email APPROVED

February 16, 2008 First touch after NOA2

February 19, 2008 Received NOA2 hard copy

February 21, 2008 Received NVC letter

March 24, 2008 Received appointment email for interview

No final date for medical i want early medical

May 22, 2008 is my interview at the embassy

June 12, 2008 visa on hand yeheeeeey

July 10, 2008 I'm in US

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Raise the fees, lower the wages, capitalism at its finest! :wacko:

Jeffery AND Alla.

0 kilometers physically separates us!

K-1 Visa Granted... Wednesday, 21 May 2008

Alla ARRIVED to America... Wednesday, 12 November 2008

russia_a.gif Алла и Джеффри USA_a.gif

AllaAndJeffery.PNG

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Denmark
Timeline

So that raises the question, will they decide to do a "half-way" job for the wage cut, or start moving slower, and we will see less approvals coming through? :wacko:

It seems very odd that they raise the fee's under the guise that it will allow for a more productive process, as well as to add additional employee's, and yet they are lowering the salaries.

C.

Our Visa Journey

July 27, 2007: Sent I129f to Texas Service Center

July 28, 2007: TSC received, and forwarded application to VSC

August 21, 2007: NOA1 Issued (an entire months delay)

November 14, 2007: Touched (after calling VSC for correction of spelling of last name on application)

November 15, 2007: Touched

December 31, 2007: APPROVED!!! 157 days!

January 1, 2008: Touched

January 2, 2008: Touched

January 3, 2008: Touched

January 3, 2008: NVC Received from USCIS

January 8, 2008: NVC sent to Embassy in Copenhagen

January 10, 2008 Embassy receives packet from NVC

January 19, 2008 Received packet in Tx for Peter

January 21, 2008 Overnighted packet to Peter

January 29, 2008 Medical

February 21, 2008 Interview

February 29, 2008 Email received that Visa is being mailed today!

March 8, 2008 Peter arrives in Houston

March 29, 2008 Our Wedding Day!!

I guess no one read this part:

Stanley has also introduced a pay incentive plan for December and January. Under the plan the top 50 percent of workers will receive a monthly bonus ranging from $300 to $400.

“What we were essentially trying to do was make sure that if people were in the top 50 percent they will make the same or more than they did before,” Eric Wolking, a Stanley vice president said, adding, “We definitely want to be able to reward the people who are exceptional.”

05-10-06 - Met my future wife on a bus in San Jose, Costa Rica

07-04-07 - After 14 trips to Costa Rica & Nicaragua in 15 months I propose and Juniett accepts

10-06-07 - We marry in Acoyapa, Nicaragua

I-130

12-04-07 - I-130 Mailed To Chicago Lockbox

12-08-07 - I-130 Received in Chicago

01-31-08 - NOA1 Issued

02-01-08 - I-130 Check Cashed, EAC # Generated

02-04-08 - NOA1 Received

02-24-08 - Case viewable in USCIS on-line system

08-13-08 - Case transferred to CSC

Currently waiting patiently....

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

That's so wrong. So take a paycut and then work extra hard to earn the money you used to make plus a bonus that you should've received anyway. :rolleyes:

Diana

CR-1

02/05/07 - I-130 sent to NSC

05/03/07 - NOA2

05/10/07 - NVC receives petition, case # assigned

08/08/07 - Case Complete

09/27/07 - Interview, visa granted

10/02/07 - POE

11/16/07 - Received green card and Welcome to America letter in the mail

Removing Conditions

07/06/09 - I-751 sent to CSC

08/14/09 - Biometrics

09/27/09 - Approved

10/01/09 - Received 10 year green card

U.S. Citizenship

03/30/11 - N-400 sent via Priority Mail w/ delivery confirmation

05/12/11 - Biometrics

07/20/11 - Interview - passed

07/20/11 - Oath ceremony - same day as interview

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Sounds like a disaster in the making. I'm glad we are past that point. I'll hope and pray for everyone else.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Timeline

I am always in favor of the incentive system.

The people that Work should make the money. The people that don't should be paid less or fired.

Cut the dead weight.

I wish they would do this with lazy government employees.

Use the extra money to hire extra workers.

The ones that do not perform fire them also. keep only the best!

I hate it when I have to pick up the slack for the lazy jerks at work when we all make the same money. Now that is really unfair!

Pay people what they are worth. If they are worthless! Pay less! :thumbs:

My beloved Joy is here, married and pregnant!

Baby due March 28, 2009

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

I'm with you to a point. My feeling is pay needs to be two fold: hourly and performance based. I have never believed in commission only gigs. If a person is required to be at a location specified by the employer, a person deserves compensation for just being there. But from that point, each person should be financially rewarded equal to their actions. Work poorly = minimum pay. Work well = big bucks.

The people that Work should make the money. The people that don't should be paid less or fired.

Cut the dead weight.

I hate it when I have to pick up the slack for the lazy jerks at work when we all make the same money. Now that is really unfair!

Jeffery AND Alla.

0 kilometers physically separates us!

K-1 Visa Granted... Wednesday, 21 May 2008

Alla ARRIVED to America... Wednesday, 12 November 2008

russia_a.gif Алла и Джеффри USA_a.gif

AllaAndJeffery.PNG

Timeline
I'm with you to a point. My feeling is pay needs to be two fold: hourly and performance based. I have never believed in commission only gigs. If a person is required to be at a location specified by the employer, a person deserves compensation for just being there. But from that point, each person should be financially rewarded equal to their actions. Work poorly = minimum pay. Work well = big bucks.

Cut the dead weight.

I'm with you B)

My beloved Joy is here, married and pregnant!

Baby due March 28, 2009

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Chile
Timeline

What also the article doesn't mention is that these employees will get a COLA (Cost of Living Adjustment) on Jan 1. I don't have any sympathy for them. If they wanted to make more money, they would work in private industry. Most government employees chose to work for the government for other benefits that are not provided by private industry: more holidays and other paid time off, job security, cost of living adjustments every year on top of your annual performance based raise.

My blog

10/01/2005: Married in Toronto

02/15/2006: Began Canadian Immigration

09/19/2007: Withdrew CIC application (they still hadn't processed anything)

10/01/2007: Moved back to U.S.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

IR-1 application through Montreal Consulate

10/26/2007: I-130 mailed to CA Service Center

10/29/2007: USPS confirmation of receipt of I-130

02/13/2008: NOA-1 received (107 days)

07/02/2008: I-130 approved

07/22/2008: AOS filed including EAD and AP

07/25/2008: NOA-1s for all 3 received

08/20/2008: Biometrics appointment

08/22/2008: Received RFE for Affadivit of Support and Medical

10/21/2008: Submitted I-865W in lieu of co-sponsor and medical info to NSC

11/14/2008: online case status not updated since filing of AOS in July 2008

01/20/2009: Received another RFE for Affadavit of Support Info

02/02/2009: Responded to RFE with brand new AOS based on 2008 tax return (if that doesn't shut them up, dunno what will)

02/19/2009: EAD card received in mail (no updates on Online Case Status ever made)

02/23/2009: AP received (again, no online updates)

02/26/2009: Received interview appointment letter for 4/6/09

04/06/2009: AOS approved for unconditional GC

04/21/2009: GC received

I guess no one read this part:

Stanley has also introduced a pay incentive plan for December and January. Under the plan the top 50 percent of workers will receive a monthly bonus ranging from $300 to $400.

"What we were essentially trying to do was make sure that if people were in the top 50 percent they will make the same or more than they did before," Eric Wolking, a Stanley vice president said, adding, "We definitely want to be able to reward the people who are exceptional."

No, I read it and actually I kinda agree w/ it...in principle. We've heard of stories of people's application being all sorts of screwed up because of an "initial data entry" mistake....not to mention the many who have had their whole application returned for incorrect fees when they wrote one check for $1010 while others did the same thing (as the instructions state) and all was good. (These are the duties of the Data Entry Clerks this news story is about).

To me this says there is something not kosher at the initial data entry level of things.....so maybe a little competition....will revive things, so that each person will strive to do the best job possible. End result is more data being entered correctly. I don't agree w/ the cuts in wages,...but then I keep thinking of the many times I read here, that people never got NOAs because of incorrect address entry, or applications getting returned to them because of some dumazz not knowing the new rules/regulations/fees. It causes stress and lost time for the petitioner, so maybe a shake-up is in order there.

Basically....if it is your job, do it without fault and then you have a pot to pizz in when you complain.

-P

Edited by Paula&Minya
funny-dog-pictures-wtf.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.