oggle1

k1 expedite

20 posts in this topic

My fiancee is having some health issues.

I have been to the USCIS website to read the criteria. I was looking into an expedite based on this, but I do not know where to start in preparing my letter. I just want to do it correct the first time..

--------------------

3dflagsdotcom_usa_2fagm.gif3dflagsdotcom_uzbek_2fagm.gif

The only expedite I have seen posted here was for military.

usa_fl_sm_nwm.gifphilippines_fl_md_clr.gif

United States & Republic of the Philippines

"Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid." John Wayne

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

I requested an expidite for health..was denied. These are VERY hard to get. I've understood some with major issues have been denied. I didn't have to do a letter. They've changed the proceedure. Call USCIS Customer service. They will ask you questions. Then transfer you to an Immigration Officer that will take your "statement". In about 5 days you'll have your answer. Good luck

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

Hello and good question BUT...

The chances of that happening are almost NIL. Why? Because if that were the case we ALL would be having health issues!!! We are all SICK and tired of waiting. IF you want to give it a go...have at it. But, don't expect anything to happen but a denial. I've read it here on VJ and other places...the ONLY way you will get an expedite is IF you are active military and about to deploy.

Best Wishes,

Craig

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
My fiancee is having some health issues.

I have been to the USCIS website to read the criteria. I was looking into an expedite based on this, but I do not know where to start in preparing my letter. I just want to do it correct the first time..

On what basis will you request the expedite? If it is because she is having health issues and you need to be together then they will just say "go to her". If it is for medical treatment then there is another visa type you can apply for, with that said, pushing forward a K-1 for that reason simply will not happen.

Edited by fwaguy

YMMV

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Romania
Timeline

Ok my question stands, i thought you 2 broke up bc his roommate called you or something and told you that you were causing him to have major health probs with the immigration process and he called everything off

and if thats the health matter speaking about, it wont be enough for expidite

vj2.jpgvj.jpg

"VJ Timelines are only an estimate, they are not actual approval dates! They only reflect VJ members. VJ Timelines do not include the thousands of applicants who do not use VJ"

IF YOU ARE NEW TO THE SITE, PLEASE READ THE GUIDES BEFORE ASKING ALOT OF QUESTIONS. THE GUIDES ARE VERY HELPFUL AND WILL SAVE YOU ALOT OF TIME!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Romania
Timeline

ooooooooooooo good catch :thumbs:

vj2.jpgvj.jpg

"VJ Timelines are only an estimate, they are not actual approval dates! They only reflect VJ members. VJ Timelines do not include the thousands of applicants who do not use VJ"

IF YOU ARE NEW TO THE SITE, PLEASE READ THE GUIDES BEFORE ASKING ALOT OF QUESTIONS. THE GUIDES ARE VERY HELPFUL AND WILL SAVE YOU ALOT OF TIME!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline
Ok my question stands, i thought you 2 broke up bc his roommate called you or something and told you that you were causing him to have major health probs with the immigration process and he called everything off

and if thats the health matter speaking about, it wont be enough for expidite

I also read somewhere you guys broke up because of your fiance's roommate....

Well, I hope things are better now cause from all your posts I read, it seems that you've been through a lot!

Good luck with expidite!

"Imagination is everything. It is the preview of life's coming attractions." Albert Einstein.

05/09/07 --- NOA1

05/15/07 --- Touched

10/24/07 --- Case assigned!

10/31/07 --- Touched

11/01/07 --- RFE

11/02/07 --- Touched

11/05/07 --- Got RFE on the mail

11/09/07 --- RFE sent back to VSC

12/06/07 --- Waited enough time to RESEND our RFE

12/07/07 --- RFE received at VSC and signed by Novak....

12/10/07 --- Case received and resumed

12/11/07 --- Touched

12/12/07 --- Touched

12/13/07 --- Touched

12/14/07 --- Touched

01/02/08 --- Touched

01/02/08 --- APPROVED!!!!!!

01/11/08 --- Got NOA2 on the mail

01/12/08 --- Got NVC letter on the mail

01/17/08 --- Got packet 3

01/28/08 --- Medical

02/05/08 --- INTERVIEW!!!!

02/10/08 --- Off to NY!!!!

I'm glad you guys were able to work things out :thumbs:

Let's Keep the Song Going!!!

CANADA.GIFUS1.GIF

~Laura and Nicholas~

IMG_1315.jpg

Met online November 2005 playing City of Heroes

First met in Canada, Sept 22, 2006 <3

September 2006 to March 2008, 11 visits, 5 in Canada, 6 in NJ

Officially Engaged December 24th, 2007!!!

Moved to the U.S. to be with my baby on July 19th, 2008 on a K1 visa!!!!

***10 year green card in hand as of 2/2/2012, loving and living life***

Hmmm maybe we should move back to Canada! lol smile.png

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Uzbekistan
Timeline

Thank you for reminding us about our past...We didnt brake up and not going to..

Please,ignore us if you couldnt asnwer straight to the question that been asked...

Good luck to all of you and wish you everything be just perfect...

Oct.02 2007 I129F sent to VSC via ups.

Oct.25 2007 NOA1 receipt .

March 04 2008 Approval notice sent .

April 8 2008Interview . APPROVED

April 11 2008Visa in hand

April 27 2008POE - JFK

April 30 2008 WE GOT MARRIED!

July 3 2008 My sweet husband left for Afghanistan

320e71481745.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.