69 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Scotland
Timeline

Hi all,

I just got off of the phone with a person in the CSC. She is not an adjudicator, but is in a position that allows her to see the bigger picture.

She was telling me that due to the influx of people filing prior to August 2007 that CSC has a Semi truck full of applications in the parking lot that they have not got to, The other service centers each have multiple trucks.

They are estimating that they have millions in un-cashed checks and unprocessed applications and petitions and they are trying to get to them.

Its a catch 22, they can hire the people to process the forms when they have the money but Congress has denied them more funds to hire the people.

They have calls into all of the local and district offices for overtime hours to help reduce the backlog.

I know that it is a pain to wait, but they are doing their best to address this, she said their reminded her of the influx during the amnesty in the 1980's.

2005 Aug 27 Happily Married

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A semi-truck, huh? I have a friend who lives in Chicago. I'm going to tell her to swing by and confirm that. Millions of applications...that would take years to approve! #######!

Our Story:

Jan 2003 moved to Campeche, met Edgar three weeks later

K-1

Dec 2006 filed I-129f

July 12 WE FINALLY GOT MARRIED!!

AOS/EAD/AP:

July 2007 sent in AOS paperwork

Dec 6 CARD PRODUCTION ORDERED!

ROC:

Sept 5th 2009 Applied for Removal of Conditions

Sept 14th NOA I-797C

Oct 7th Biometrics Appt

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

With a little foresight the USCIS could have staggered the fee increases to balance the truckloads... but then again we are dealing with a governemntal agency...

YMMV

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
With a little foresight the USCIS could have staggered the fee increases to balance the truckloads... but then again we are dealing with a governemntal agency...

:lol: He said "foresight" and "USCIS" in the same sentence. :lol:

Sorry, not much sympathy here as it's now been 35 days since I sent in the check. I knew there'd be a fee increase. The New York Times knew there'd be a fee increase. We all predicted the backlog. The only people that seem to be caught off balance are Congress and USCIS.

And I don't see anyone popping up with the lost wages my husband isn't working because it's taking them five weeks to check to see if a form is signed, thus delaying his EAD when he HAS A JOB. He probably won't be able to visit home for Christmas now because we won't have AP in time.

So, cry me a river, USCIS. Do your damn jobs and next time have incremental fee increases and avoid the goddamn problem.

AOS

-

Filed: 8/1/07

NOA1:9/7/07

Biometrics: 9/28/07

EAD/AP: 10/17/07

EAD card ordered again (who knows, maybe we got the two-fer deal): 10/23/-7

Transferred to CSC: 10/26/07

Approved: 11/21/07

Filed: Country: India
Timeline
Sorry, not much sympathy here as it's now been 35 days since I sent in the check. I knew there'd be a fee increase. The New York Times knew there'd be a fee increase. We all predicted the backlog. The only people that seem to be caught off balance are Congress and USCIS.

And I don't see anyone popping up with the lost wages my husband isn't working because it's taking them five weeks to check to see if a form is signed, thus delaying his EAD when he HAS A JOB. He probably won't be able to visit home for Christmas now because we won't have AP in time.

So, cry me a river, USCIS. Do your damn jobs and next time have incremental fee increases and avoid the goddamn problem.

HAHA I Feel the same way they knew this was going to be a problem why did they not prepare them selfs for it !!!!! I dont feel bad for them in anyway i am sure none of them have to worrie about paying bills from there bloted salarys. They are all USC and dont have to worrie about there familys being riped apart! Drives me nuts !!!!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: France
Timeline

I sure don't feel bad for them. But I don't feel surprised either.

08.2006: Entered with a B-2 visa.

07.06.07: Civil Wedding

07.17.2008 AOS approved with interview. It took 367 Days!

11.08.08: Big family wedding

09.18.09-10.03.09: First trip to France with Hubby

I-751

04.19.10: Package sent to Vermont

04.21.10: Delivered in Vermont

04.22.10: NOA date

04.23.10: Check cashed

05.17.10: Received biometrics appointment letter

06.07.10: Biometrics Appointment

06.26.10: Touched

07.07.10: Card Production Ordered!

07.17.10: Card in the mail :) Done until citizenship

French Thread I

French Thread II

Where's that violin playing emote when we need it? (I'm too lazy to go look for it. :lol:

But thanks for the info, John & Annie!

SA4userbar.jpg

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
A semi-truck, huh? I have a friend who lives in Chicago. I'm going to tell her to swing by and confirm that. Millions of applications...that would take years to approve! #######!

Well, you hope it's #######. Otherwise you're in for a bit of a wait....

Luckily that's not what John & Annie actually said, though! It wasn't 'millions of applications', it was 'millions (of dollars) in uncashed checks'... which doesn't necessarily translate to millions of applications! :blush:

2005 - We met

2006 - Filed I-129F

2007 - K-1 issued, moved to US, completed AOS (a busy year, immigration-wise)

2009 - Conditions lifted

2010 - Will be naturalising. Buh-bye, USCIS! smile.png

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Luckily that's not what John & Annie actually said, though! It wasn't 'millions of applications', it was 'millions (of dollars) in uncashed checks'... which doesn't necessarily translate to millions of applications! :blush:

Exactly! *squints at PC screen*

:lol:

They are estimating that they have millions in un-cashed checks and unprocessed applications and petitions and they are trying to get to them.

I took that to mean "millions of un-cashed checks AND [millions of] unprocessed applications AND [millions of] petitions".

Our Story:

Jan 2003 moved to Campeche, met Edgar three weeks later

K-1

Dec 2006 filed I-129f

July 12 WE FINALLY GOT MARRIED!!

AOS/EAD/AP:

July 2007 sent in AOS paperwork

Dec 6 CARD PRODUCTION ORDERED!

ROC:

Sept 5th 2009 Applied for Removal of Conditions

Sept 14th NOA I-797C

Oct 7th Biometrics Appt

Its a catch 22, they can hire the people to process the forms when they have the money but Congress has denied them more funds to hire the people.

I thought the reason for the fee increase is for USCIS not to depend on money from congress? Weren't the much increased fees supposed to go to hiring more people and improving their system? :wacko:

08/17/08: Mailed N400 to TSC

08/19/08: USPS attempted delivery

08/20/08: TSC received N400

08/21/08: TSC cashed check

09/02/08: Received NOA...........Priority date: 08/20/08

..............................................Notice date : 08/22/08

09/02/08: Received Biometrics Notification

09/18/08: Biometrics completed - Charlotte DO

10/24/08: Received Interview Letter

12/08/08: Interview @ 1:00pm. APPROVED!

01/05/09: Oath Ceremony 10:00AM. Now officially a USC!!!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

01/17/09: Applied for US Passport and passport card

01/28/09: Received US Passport

01/29/09: Received US passport card

01/29/09: Received naturalization certificate back from passport office

Filed: Other Timeline

I thought the reason for the fee increase is for USCIS not to depend on money from congress? Weren't the much increased fees supposed to go to hiring more people and improving their system? :wacko:

The money has to come in first. And no improvements are going to happen overnite.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.