love story

pregnancy

56 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Morocco
Timeline
well i have read many views and i was hoping i would find a Pregnancy Topic...there is something im confused about and i'd apperciate to hear from ya folks ...what if the USC(female) got pregnant before filing the k1 visa ...is there any forms should be filled with i-129f....is it necessary to let the USCIS or the Consulate know that the USC is pregnant....to top it can the Pregnancy affect the processing negatively or pisitively ??and thanks for the explaination and the help!!

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Only affect I can think of is she has the baby soon she'll have to qualify financially to support one more person! :blink: Depends on the timing.

No need notify USCIS of being pregnant.

K1 denied, K3/K4, CR-1/CR-2, AOS, ROC, Adoption, US citizenship and dual citizenship

!! ALL PAU!

Filed: Timeline

From what I understand having a baby with a USC married OR NOT will not affect your visa process in any way. You are the USC you can happily have your baby and carry on with the K1 visa process or what ever visa process you wish. A baby does not grant grounds to expidite your case nor does it affect it in a negative way. It's sad but has happened in many cases where the USC spouse or fiance have given birth with out the father being present. This is attributed to the fact that the Visa process for significant others from MENA countries take a bit longer than others. On a possitive note your baby will be good proof to the adjudicating officer that you have good solid and established relationship with the beneficiary, in case he or she asks to see more proof of your relationship at the time of the interview. =0)

Edited by The_dip_sticks

Timeline
From what I understand having a baby with a USC married OR NOT will not affect your visa process in any way. You are the USC you can happily have your baby and carry on with the K1 visa process or what ever visa process you wish. A baby does not grant grounds to expidite your case nor does it affect it in a negative way. It's sad but has happened in many cases where the USC spouse or fiance have given birth with out the father being present. This is attributed to the fact that the Visa process for significant others from MENA countries take a bit longer than others. On a possitive note your baby will be good proof to the adjudicating officer that you have good solid and established relationship with the beneficiary, in case he or she asks to see more proof of your relationship at the time of the interview. =0)

the dip sticks..thanks for what ya had to say its well apperciated as well.....but in certain countries especially Islamic such as Morocco and Egypt and Tunisia etc..its illegally to have a baby with ur fiance with out marriage...would the consulates there look at it in a down way....like during interview the may ask the fiance this kind of questions..if he say yes is that ok??and what if they would ask for proofs of pregnancy that he is the biological father of the baby et ..dont ya think folks its kinda complicated especially when it comes to certain consulates .thanks for the help!!!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Our case is different from yours, but I will tell you what we did.

We had to submit some additional documents for our 601 application. We included a letter from my OB/GYN about the pregnancy and the due date.

Letters of hardship done by our family and friends included the birth of our son as a hardship and having to raise him on my own.

Once our son was born, I emailed his birth certificate and DHLed an original copy to my husband to take with him to his 601 interview. Therefore they have lots of documentation of his birth.

MoFlair.jpgbadsign.jpgfaris.jpgpassport.jpg

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Romania
Timeline

alrighty then :whistle:

vj2.jpgvj.jpg

"VJ Timelines are only an estimate, they are not actual approval dates! They only reflect VJ members. VJ Timelines do not include the thousands of applicants who do not use VJ"

IF YOU ARE NEW TO THE SITE, PLEASE READ THE GUIDES BEFORE ASKING ALOT OF QUESTIONS. THE GUIDES ARE VERY HELPFUL AND WILL SAVE YOU ALOT OF TIME!

I got pregnant in Morocco -- and we were not married yet (oh the horror!). Nobody cares. If anything it seemed to speed up the process. Our entire visa journey/process took 1 month start to finish. Good luck.

Only affect I can think of is she has the baby soon she'll have to qualify financially to support one more person! :blink: Depends on the timing.

No need notify USCIS of being pregnant.

:thumbs::yes:

usa_fl_sm_nwm.gifphilippines_fl_md_clr.gif

United States & Republic of the Philippines

"Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid." John Wayne

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

Hi,

Are you Younes from Kenitra? I think we spoke previously in another chat forum. The pregnancy isn't an issue. The fact that his former fiance filed, canceled and then rescheduled (not to mention visited him this year), may cause a couple red flags. I would be more concerned with addressing that than the pregnancy.

Either way, keep doing your research and hope you get all your questions answered. Best of luck - and congratulations on the little one :)

1st K-1 Journey:

June 2005 - filed

October 2005 - visa interview

March 2006 - AOS packet mailed

DIVORCED

June 2007 - Interview

2008 - 10 year approval

--------

2nd K-1 Journey:

07/28/07 - AOS paperwork mailed

07/30/07 - Received at lockbox

09/18/07 - Biometrics

10/15/07 - Transferred to CSC

01/09/08 - AOS approved w/o interivew

11/01/09 - Lift conditions

11/01/10 - interview to lift conditions/10-yr card

01/01/10 - 10 year approval

DIVORCED

Timeline
I got pregnant in Morocco -- and we were not married yet (oh the horror!). Nobody cares. If anything it seemed to speed up the process. Our entire visa journey/process took 1 month start to finish. Good luck.

if ya been on a k1 visa ..did ya notify USCIS or casa consulate of the pregnancy....can the pregnancy be a proof of relationship ??how do ya think they would look at it during interview??thanks for help!!

Filed: Country: Morocco
Timeline

K-1 will take much longer than DCF, but I agree, the fact that it's frowned on in Moroccan society won't sway the consulate one way or the other by itself. As lion_lioness said, there are other more important factors that need to be addressed. Your longest wait will be the USCIS leg, and pregnancy won't speed them up, especially with the backlog. As for proof of ongoing relationship, no, a pregnancy alone doesn't prove there's an ongoing relationship. Emails and letters between the couple and among family members celebrating the pregnancy and planning for the birth might help though.

Edited by mona_jamie

I'm the USC.

11/05/2007........Conditional permanent residency effective date.

01/10/2008........Two-year green card in hand.

08/08/2009........Our son was born <3

08/08/2009........Filed for removal of conditions.

12/16/2009........ROC was approved.

11/05/2010........Eligible for Naturalization.

03/01/2011........Separated.

11/05/2012........Eligible for Naturalization.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
...can the pregnancy be a proof of relationship ??

all the pregnancy would prove is the petitioner is fertile.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

On second thought, it's all right here like someone said in another topic - you were better off removing the pics altogether!

Edited by lion_lioness

1st K-1 Journey:

June 2005 - filed

October 2005 - visa interview

March 2006 - AOS packet mailed

DIVORCED

June 2007 - Interview

2008 - 10 year approval

--------

2nd K-1 Journey:

07/28/07 - AOS paperwork mailed

07/30/07 - Received at lockbox

09/18/07 - Biometrics

10/15/07 - Transferred to CSC

01/09/08 - AOS approved w/o interivew

11/01/09 - Lift conditions

11/01/10 - interview to lift conditions/10-yr card

01/01/10 - 10 year approval

DIVORCED

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
On second thought, it's all right here like someone said in another topic - you were better off removing the pics altogether!

####### is going on? Can we definitively call troll yet? :angry:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.