Mari_S

Fee waived for I-129F (for K3)

10 posts in this topic

Hi Guys,

I noticed that when we received our NOA1 for I-129F it says that the fee was waived. I know for a fact that this was due to the fee increase when filing I-130 and I-129F. However, we filed our I-130 prior to the fee increase which was 190 USD at that time (I-130 is now at 355 USD and I-129F for Fiancee Visa is 455 USD). We also issued a check for 170 USD for the I-129F.

Will this affect our application? In what way?

Will we need to pay additional in the future since we only paid 190 USD for I-130?

By the way, the money was not encashed.

Thanks again guys!

2-0. In favor of the boys.

Hi Guys,

I noticed that when we received our NOA1 for I-129F it says that the fee was waived. I know for a fact that this was due to the fee increase when filing I-130 and I-129F. However, we filed our I-130 prior to the fee increase which was 190 USD at that time (I-130 is now at 355 USD and I-129F for Fiancee Visa is 455 USD). We also issued a check for 170 USD for the I-129F.

Will we need to pay additional in the future since we only paid 190 USD for I-130?

Thanks again guys!

What do you mean by "encashed"? :)

My Crafting Blog - On a Roll - Blogspot

3179788211_95b93e62af_t.jpg3179788215_6a1e497e9b_t.jpg3165849344_f296789fd3_t.jpg

US Immigration Timeline

-------------------------

24 Feb 2007 - Sent I-130 to London USCIS office (I'm the petitioner)

25 May 2007 - NOA2

2 June 2007 - Received Packet 3

12 Oct 2007 - Sent Packet 3 back by special delivery

5 Nov 2007 - Interview in London - Approved without any hitches!

7 Nov 2007 - Visa and MBE arrived by SMS! :)

30 Jan 2008 - Fly to Michigan!! :)

*Note: Any delays in our case are only due to us taking things slowly

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

I don't think this should affect your petition in any way. They should've cashed your check since your petition was postmarked before 7/31/07. They may still cash it though.

CR-1

02/05/07 - I-130 sent to NSC

05/03/07 - NOA2

05/10/07 - NVC receives petition, case # assigned

08/08/07 - Case Complete

09/27/07 - Interview, visa granted

10/02/07 - POE

11/16/07 - Received green card and Welcome to America letter in the mail

Removing Conditions

07/06/09 - I-751 sent to CSC

08/14/09 - Biometrics

09/27/09 - Approved

10/01/09 - Received 10 year green card

U.S. Citizenship

03/30/11 - N-400 sent via Priority Mail w/ delivery confirmation

05/12/11 - Biometrics

07/20/11 - Interview - passed

07/20/11 - Oath ceremony - same day as interview

Filed: Timeline

MariEnMichelle,

You'll have to wait and see. And when you find out please let us know.

Does 'encashed' mean 'neither enclosed nor cashed' ?

Yodrak

Hi Guys,

Thanks again guys!

MariEnMichelle,

You'll have to wait and see. And when you find out please let us know.

Does 'encashed' mean 'neither enclosed nor cashed' ?

Yodrak

Hi Guys,

Thanks again guys!

Hi Yodrak,

What i meant by "encashed" was that the check we issued for the I-129F was not withdrawn (hope i using the right word now :D) by CSC. I'll have to check with my wife again later if it did was encashed since she has access to her checkbook account.

Yep, i will do let you know and find out what happens.

Thanks!

Hi Guys,

Thanks again guys!

What do you mean by "encashed"? :)

Hi MargotDarko,

Sorry for the confusion. What i meant was that the money was not cashed out. I'll still have to check though again today.

Thanks!

I don't think this should affect your petition in any way. They should've cashed your check since your petition was postmarked before 7/31/07. They may still cash it though.

Hi Mononoke28,

Thanks for the reply! We'll keep you posted.

Hi Guys,

We got a mail from CSC a day after receipt of our I-129F NOA1 which contains the check we issued for our I-129F. It also says that they will proceed with the processing of our application. Hopefully everything turns out well despite we paid only 190 USD for our I-130.

Or i which got me thinking, if we proceed with the CR-1/IR-1 route, will we be then asked to pay the new fee?

Thanks and Fyi.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Switzerland
Timeline
Hi Guys,

Thanks again guys!

Hi Mari,

If you read the new fees for those forms, you will see that the I-130 cost 355 US$ and the I - 129F is free for the K3 visa.This come cheaper than before, is just the bigger amount at one time. :thumbs:

Hope that helps,

Andrea

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
Hi Guys,

We got a mail from CSC a day after receipt of our I-129F NOA1 which contains the check we issued for our I-129F. It also says that they will proceed with the processing of our application. Hopefully everything turns out well despite we paid only 190 USD for our I-130.

Or i which got me thinking, if we proceed with the CR-1/IR-1 route, will we be then asked to pay the new fee?

Thanks and Fyi.

Choosing the CR1 route is quite cumbersome unless you clearly asked for Consular Service on your I-130. The current procedure is to approve both petitions together and then hold the I-130 until AOS. See....

http://www.uscis.gov/files/pressrelease/PN_i-129f.pdf

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Hi Guys,

Thanks again guys!

Hi Mari,

If you read the new fees for those forms, you will see that the I-130 cost 355 US$ and the I - 129F is free for the K3 visa.This come cheaper than before, is just the bigger amount at one time. :thumbs:

Hope that helps,

Andrea

Hi Andrea,

Yeah, i read that too. However, we filed our I-130 prior to the fee increase which was 190 USD at that time. And our check for the I-129F was returned to us. So all in all we just paid 190 USD - 255 USD short of the new fee. :wacko:

Anyways, we'll probably call up CSC about this and ask whether this will affect our petition or not.

Thanks!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.