judester

AP Experience - First time use.

2 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

HI!

My husband and sons just used their APs for the first time yesterday. They returned from Canada via the Sarnia-Port Huron bridge. It was 4pm... on Sunday... nice weather... and they had to wait 1.5 hours to get to the toll booth, 1 hour to cross the bridge AND a 2 hour wait to get the APs stamped! They knew that the first time would take awhile! Anyway, here is what the officer asked for:

- The AP documents for each traveler BOTH COPIES OF ORIGINALS (see below*)

- Proof of Citizenship (Birth Certificate or Passport) for each traveler.

- I-94s for each traveler

That is all the officer asked for. She did say that some officers will ask for more info such as copy of marriage certificate, copy of NOA for the AOS, copy of court order (for proof of custody of the children) and she appreciated that my husband had them ready.

The officer issued new I-94s, stamped the AP and I-94s and asked for the duplicate of the AP. *MY HUSBAND LEFT THE DUPLICATES AT HOME! He told her that in case he lost the envelope with the APs, he would still have the duplicates at home for safe keeping! Apparently, they send the duplicate to be put in the AOS file. She said that he was not the first person to do that and took photocopies of the APs. She was very friendly and understanding.

Next time all they have to do is present the APs to the CBP and not have to "go inside" unless there are "other reasons" to be inspected!

I hope this info may help some of you!

J!

08/15/76- We Meet-Family vacation- Chapleau, Ontario, CANADA!

11/17/99- We meet again!!!!

05/24/01- He gets job in Chicago(TN visa)Renews TN in 2002, 03, 04, 05, 06

05/19/06- Married!!! Waukesha, Wisconsin

07/30/06- Renew TN & TDs

03/26/07- Send AOS, EAD, I-130, AP

03/28/07- Delivery confirmed in Chicago

04/03/07- NOA date for all filings (Day 1)

04/06/07- Checks Cashed! All TEN of them!!!(Day 4)

04/09/07- Touches on AOS, EAD and APs (Day 7)

04/14/07- Biometrics letter arrives for husband and his sons! (Appt Date 4/23/07) (Day 12)

04/17/07, 04/18/07, 04/19/07- Touches on Husbands I-130, AP & EAD and both stepsons I-130s & APs!

04/23/07- Biometrics Completed(Day 21)

04/24/07- Touches on all AOS and husbands EAD

04/27/07- Interview notice received! (Day 25) (06/27/07 @ 10:00am!) Note: Notice Dated 04/23/07

05/19/07- HAPPY 1st ANNIVERSARY!!! Interview cancellation notices arrive... happy anniversary indeed....

05/21/07- AP Approval emails received for the kids! Now waiting for husbands AP approval?!?!?

05/21,22,23,24/07- Touches and stepsons and husbands APs

05/26/07- Husband and stepsons APs ARRIVE!!! (day 54)

06/11/07- EAD- "Card Production Ordered"!!! (day 70)

06/18/07- EAD- "Approval Notice Sent"!!! (Day 77)

06/20/07- EAD- Card arrives in mail!!! (Day 79)

06/27/07- Interview date (Interview WAS cancelled!) (Day 86)

07/12/07- New interview letters received for 08/09/2007 (kids wont be home until 08/17/07!!!)

09/10/07- Interview!!!! Approved!!!! See you guys in 21 months!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.